World Cup expands to 48?

he said it was 20 UEFA, 7 South America, 6 North America, 8 Africa, 6 Asia and 1 oceania. No playoffs except in UEFA

Honestly mate, he's lying. There are no plans for FIFA to do this so SI wouldn't code this to happen.

the clue to it not being true is what ive highlighted and made bigger and i`m not going to say why it`s not true

You're trying to say there aren't 6 teams in North America, but the CONCACAF qualifying section contains USA, Mexico, Costa Rica, Honduras, Trinidad & Tobago and El Salvador. So you could technically have 6 teams, although as has been said this did not happen.

I have a holidayed game from 2099, and the world cup has been the same all the way through, as has every other tournament

the clue to it not being true is what ive highlighted and made bigger and i`m not going to say why it`s not true
You're trying to say there aren't 6 teams in North America, but the CONCACAF qualifying section contains USA, Mexico, Costa Rica, Honduras, Trinidad & Tobago and El Salvador. So you could technically have 6 teams, although as has been said this did not happen.

I have a holidayed game from 2099, and the world cup has been the same all the way through, as has every other tournament

there are a ton of CONCACAF teams. There are all those carribean teams and central america.

He's talking out of his arse - I'm at 2074 and no such change takes place. How would the logistics of a 48 team WC even work out? 12 groups of 4 teams with 24/32 going into the next round? thats a hell of a lot of games, it would take over 2 months to get through that.

Is it true that the Euro Cup is changing to 4 groups of 6, pretty sure I read that somewhere.

But yes, your friend is speaking out his arse.

The European Championships from 2016 will be a 24 team competition. Its not in FM10 though because the announcement was only recently made.

I suppose this raises an interesting point - would people find it useful if the game DID evolve as it went along? For example, SI could hardcode a certain number of random changes to take place at certain points in the future in order to reflect possible fictional changes, such as the World Cup being expanded

I suppose this raises an interesting point - would people find it useful if the game DID evolve as it went along? For example, SI could hardcode a certain number of random changes to take place at certain points in the future in order to reflect possible fictional changes, such as the World Cup being expanded

I brought an idea like that up before here.

There was a mixed response.

About a 40 team World Cup, you might be able to use the advanced panel in the editor to create that and replace the current world cup with it, maybe that is what he has. It definitely does not come into the game automatically though.

I think they should include new sponsorship deals for leagues or renewed contracts so that prize money and tv money will increase slightly over the years just like it does IRL.

To think that the prize money and tv money would be the same in 2020 is just silly.

I think they should include new sponsorship deals for leagues or renewed contracts so that prize money and tv money will increase slightly over the years just like it does IRL.

To think that the prize money and tv money would be the same in 2020 is just silly.

Average salaries and all other costs would have to go up as well then - you'd essentially be modelling inflation in the game's finances.

Average salaries and all other costs would have to go up as well then - you'd essentially be modelling inflation in the game's finances.

don't other prices go up in the game over time?

I constantly see people complaining that in long term games, players cost a fortune.

don't other prices go up in the game over time?

I constantly see people complaining that in long term games, players cost a fortune.

Player prices dont get higher over time. I think the complaint is that players cost too much in general

Honestly mate, he's lying. There are no plans for FIFA to do this so SI wouldn't code this to happen.

I thought i heard that there were plans to expand. or was that the UEFA Euros :confused:

The European Championships from 2016 will be a 24 team competition. Its not in FM10 though because the announcement was only recently made.
I thought i heard that there were plans to expand. or was that the UEFA Euros :confused:

Like I said in the above post?

Archived