Wonderkids to World Class

Seriously, what the hell do I have to do?

All my wonderkids never turn out to be World Class.

They have good training methods, have a lot of game time and even after losing the Wonderkid status they have awesome stats, put in some brilliant performances yet they never make the grade.

What defines whether a player is world class?

And I know this sounds stupid but is there any added benefits apart from their description once their world class or can they be just as good without the description?

once i player gets the world class desciption it doesnt always stay like in fm08 i got dani pecheco to world class striker but he had one crap season and it was gone but after that he was getting better performances and more goals

believe it or not, on one of my 10.2 liverpool saves i got insua from wonderkid to wonderclass. But he did play a hell of a lot of games and score a bizarrely large number of goals for a left back, something like 9 one season and i had him tutored

But otherwise i agree with you that mainly the wonderkid players just turn into average players in the future

Ive got a strangely high number of 'world class' players in my chelsea team (i mean the amount of players with world classPOSITION in their description, not the quality of players) off the top of my head i know ive got one goal keeper, 3 defenders, 2 midfielders and 5 strikers, and ive never seen more than 4 'world class' players in a squad before.

More on topic, romelu lukaku is both still a wonderkid and world class for me, at 20.

Seriously, what the hell do I have to do?

All my wonderkids never turn out to be World Class.

They have good training methods, have a lot of game time and even after losing the Wonderkid status they have awesome stats, put in some brilliant performances yet they never make the grade.

What defines whether a player is world class?

And I know this sounds stupid but is there any added benefits apart from their description once their world class or can they be just as good without the description?

many players in real life have been hailed as the next best thuing then turned out to be crap like theo walcott.

That is only a description. It does not affect their ability.

BUt it effects their sale value :D

Italy and France have many players described as World Class. Didn't help them, did it?

Good one :)

many players in real life have been hailed as the next best thuing then turned out to be crap like theo walcott.

Your right, there are many criteria that effect a players development in real life and in FM as well.

BUt it effects their sale value :D

I didn't know that. You mean if they have the World Class description it will affect their sale value? Obviously their ability affects it with most presumably numerous other aspects but I didn't think just having a description would but I could be wrong of course. :D

I didn't know that. You mean if they have the World Class description it will affect their sale value? Obviously their ability affects it with most presumably numerous other aspects but I didn't think just having a description would but I could be wrong of course. :D

well for someone to be world class he has to be a very good player so yes it affects their sale value :D

I could be wrong about this but i think an under 21 player is classed as a wonder kid if their reputation is high enough along with a high CA value. I don't think the PA value is considered, in other words their PA may not be high enough for them to ever be worldclass, in fact i've seen some who just haven't improved and already appear to be at their PA which may be quite low when listed as a wonderkid.

it's completely based on reputation.

Reputation is based on what the player has accomplished.

If you have a wonderkid, who never accomplishes anything, he won't be known world wide.

If you have a wonderkid, who scores goals at 18-19 years old in the champions league, is a top league goal scorer, and starts and does well internationally, his reputation will go up, and he will be known world wide.

Simple concept really. Doing one thing well isn't enough to have your name mentioned at the dining table in China.

Yeah but Walcott would've been like a regen with great stats in some areas but really low mental/hidden stats. And Walcott has always been rubbish. As someone who knew more football than me once said, "If Theo Walcott wasn't fast, he wouldn't be a football player."

Yeah but Walcott would've been like a regen with great stats in some areas but really low mental/hidden stats. And Walcott has always been rubbish. As someone who knew more football than me once said, "If Theo Walcott wasn't fast, he wouldn't be a football player."

That quote is unfortunately all too true for not only Walcott. There are quite a few players in EPL and most likely other top leagues, where their only saving grace is their athletic ability. Without it, they'd be simply awful. Agbonlahor is another good example of this.

That quote is unfortunately all too true for not only Walcott. There are quite a few players in EPL and most likely other top leagues, where their only saving grace is their athletic ability. Without it, they'd be simply awful. Agbonlahor is another good example of this.

At least Agbonlahor has scored 10 goals each of the past three years. Walcott can't shoot, pass or cross very well. He's never had more than 4 goals or 3 assists.

Archived