World Cup 2022 - The World Cup of shocks (and penalty shootouts)

WTF??

Note: Spain were defending champions and Morocco beat Brazil twice: 2-1 (if I recall) in the group stage and penalties after 0-0 in the 3rd place playoff. This was the third final out of four international competitions in a row (2 WC, 2 Euro Championship) that Turkey have reached...and lost.

Holland were immense in qualifying too.

wc1.jpg

wc2.jpg

Glad I wasn't managing in that World Cup. Unsurprisingly, there were 12 vacancies.

Japan job might be interesting...

LOL, Finland got to the quarterfinals! We have never even qualified for a major tournament!

In the game they're actually quite tough and reached the final of Euro 2012 (or was it 2008?) before being beaten by an offside goal against Germany. ;)

In the game they're actually quite tough and reached the final of Euro 2012 (or was it 2008?) before being beaten by an offside goal against Germany. ;)

Like how Poland lost the third place game against Germany in the world cup 9in the 1970s cuz the cheaters scored a goaql on a handball. :mad:

In my FM2010 world cup Spain finished their group with 1 point (1-1 tie with Costa Rica, 1-0 loss to Russia, 2-0 loss to Nigeria).

LOL, Finland got to the quarterfinals! We have never even qualified for a major tournament!

I think it was in FM07 too when Estonia managed to get to Euro Cup in my save, winning qualifying group, but then got heavily beaten in EC final group stage.

It looks like a bloody boring tournament tbh.

1-0 wins and 0-0 draws strewn about.

No because he's actually utter **** and his goalkeeping attributes are 10/11 and lower! That's what made me reject their job offer.

It wasn't a boring tournament because I didn't watch all the games, just a few. Group stages had more goals.

When Japan beat Brazil on penalties 7-6 out of 7 to reach the final, that was epic...

Archived