+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Change to fulltime contracts - ruins team?

Amateur

Default Change to fulltime contracts - ruins team?

Hi,

I have had a lower league dominating side for several seasons. Hampton & Richmond have sailed through the lower leagues and challenged for L2 promotion - only just missing out in the play offs to penalties - twice.

The point is - I changed many of the contracts from part-time to full-time in the off season. And now - I CANNOT win a single game. 6 games in - and virtually the same team that could put 5 goals passed the top three teams in the BSP every match - have only scored one goal in 6 matches. And my star strikers who were netting game after game - are all hopeless....
    Played 6, lost 6.... Morale tumbling - beaten by no hopers every time.... wth???

It's really p****** me off.

The only explanation I can think of, or at least the only thing that has notably changed - is the contracts. Does this make a difference or do I have to look elsewhere for the reason?
    (I have got 5 new players in the team - but they are not in the first squad yet, so that shouldn't upset them.)

Cheers for any replies.

Amateur

Default Re: Change to fulltime contracts - ruins team?

It makes no difference - look for other reasons. If anything, F/T contracts means more training time, but that's the only effect.

Amateur

I've heard before that goal bonuses can influence goal scoring. What kind of incentives are giving your strikers to score?

I doubt that would play too big of a part though.

Part-Timer

I always move my players to full time contracts as early as possible, more training means more improvement. Could it just be your team has hit the wall, possibly time for a change of tactics?

Semi Pro
    American + Reading fan = Always buying the away shirt ...

The disadvantage to moving player to F/T contracts is often money...If the player would play P/T for less than the minimum F/T contract, a lower league club would do well to consider it, because their boards (in FM, anyway) have a tendancy to allow wage budgets that will not allow them to be profitable. Veteran players that are not likely to improve despite the added training are prime candidates for this.

You can be well under budget and still be losing money. If you are, you probably have too many F/T contracts on the books.

Amateur

Not at all, im currently working on a game with worcester city. Got promoted in my first season to blue square prem, then spent like 2 hours setting up training for full time players. i then offered full time contracts to my entire squad and all my coaches. Im now in 2016 challenging for league 1 title and i think its down to the fact my players have been training all day every day.

+ Reply to Thread