+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: You know you are addicted to football manager when............

First Team Squad Member

One thing I do often aswell is that I seem to believe I'm actually a news reporter.

After matches have been played, I'll click on them and give a recap of the games like the goal scorers, and the even sadder part is, I do it all in an English accent.
    Yep, same - Personally I conduct the draws that my team is in, live, on BBC One and Sky Sports News.

Amateur

Originally posted by bridport_james:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> One thing I do often aswell is that I seem to believe I'm actually a news reporter.

After matches have been played, I'll click on them and give a recap of the games like the goal scorers, and the even sadder part is, I do it all in an English accent.
    Yep, same - Personally I conduct the draws that my team is in, live, on BBC One and Sky Sports News.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't do the draws live, but do a roundup of the best fixtures later that dayu on Sky Soirts News, funnily enough my matches always turn out to be the most important

It's actully got to the point now where i pick a "tie of the round" "mismatch of the round" (i.e biggest vs. smallest) and "most likely upset"

Us lot sujre dpo need a life don't we

Amateur

SI may need to think about shipping blow up dolls with future titles, because we're all doomed for real relationships.

Amateur

Know you're addicted when you bought a laptop for "school work" and find yourself playing your 80 hour plus game file in the common room with your mates when you know you should be doing coursework!

Amateur

Originally posted by djhayes383:
    Know you're addicted when you bought a laptop for "school work" and find yourself playing your 80 hour plus game file in the common room with your mates when you know you should be doing coursework!
    this an idea me and my mates had. 6th year next year so we could buy FM09 and just play football manager in free periods.

I simply love this thread and have bookmarked it.

Keep 'em coming people.

Banned
    We must abolish slavery, £150,000 grand a week, how do they expect him to live!

when you shout at the player who just scored against you for running the length of the pitch.

ie "it was only a ******* tap in, why are you celebrating like that, you are still 2-1 down get a grip"

maybe it is me who needs to get a grip

Reserves

Originally posted by Skunner:
    SI may need to think about shipping blow up dolls with future titles, because we're all doomed for real relationships.
    You can say that again. After losing 2 relationships to FM, my wife walked out on me last week (took 3 days for me to notice). She's back and I've agreed not to 'have one more game' after 2 am. That's addiction

Amateur

..when you name your newborn child after your legendary regen striker with some dodgy name

Amateur

When your favorite seat at a real football match is the one all the way at the back of the highest stand, because it's the closest you can get to a FM style 'birds eye' view of the game.

And when the ticket guy stares at you blankly after you ask him if theres a seat available on top of the arch at Wembley.

Amateur

Originally posted by phnompenhandy:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Skunner:
    You can say that again. After losing 2 relationships to FM, my wife walked out on me last week (took 3 days for me to notice). She's back and I've agreed not to 'have one more game' after 2 am. That's addiction </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I feel really sorry for you, and yes, you are addicted. - but how can you not be addicted when fm is around.

Amateur

...when you style your hair on the ever changing hairdo that you favorite regen has...

Amateur

1. When you're screaming at your team "You're all FIRED!!!!!" Because Celta are about to stop your 20 match R. Madrid winning streak!!

2. When you decide to be a different nationality, e.g. Colombian, and start doing your bathroom press conferences in a foreign accent so much you start talking to people around you in that voice!

Amateur
    The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge.

Originally posted by robehool:
    Reading this is making me think of an excuse to leave work early and go home play........trouble is I have used them all before!!
    When you read this sentence and instead of seeing 'reading', you actually see 'Reading' (the football club)....

Amateur
    The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge.

Originally posted by juve_curr:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gypsum:
    When you assure people that a club's new signing is a quality player, despite the fact you've never seen him play and only recognise the name from FM.
    That's me all over. I did it with. Zarate and Modric. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When both you and your mate do this and then look embarrassed as you both realise that you both only know this from FM

Amateur

Originally posted by Archy-91:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crewe_york:
    When you describe a first date that went well as being a good performance and you're sure she'll get better as she gets used to the way you play.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Legend </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When you tell a girl that her performance was acceptable and she replies that she's under no illusions!

Amateur

When you have trouble scoring aware from home

Amateur

When you prefer speaking to your girlfriend on the phone, so you can keep playing FM.

Amateur

Originally posted by Law_Man:
    When you prefer speaking to your girlfriend on the phone, so you can keep playing FM.
    Only if you have a hands free kit

But seriously, FMing while talking to the girlfriend on the phone is a bad idea...

Girlfriend : Can I borrow your english notes please? I've lost mine
    (At the same moment Cork City score against me to go 1-0 in Irish League Cup Final with 10 mins remaining)
    Me : OH **** OFF!
    Girlfriend : Fine! Leave it then! *Hangs up*

Not so good.

Semi Pro
    Spending too much time on FM and not enough time with the wife

..when your cat brings in a live, but badly mauled, mouse and drops it by your keyboard as a way of reminding you to feed her (which happened to me a few weeks ago).

Amateur

when during your games you pretend that matt le tissier is watching your game on gillette soccer saturday and keeps reporting to geoff stelling when important things happen!

Amateur

When exam revision becomes a lone discussion and sketching of the latest counter-attacking tactic that'll snare you're city rivals.

Amateur

when you are only fully aware of eu citizenship rules for each country because of FM

see an italian team make a signing from brazil and wonder if he has duel nationality or thats there one transfer of a non eu citizen taken up for that year.

you plan everything to coincide with the time the game is processing fixtures even going to the toilet or getting a drink,

when spending quality time with your girlfriend (having obviously gone on holiday in the game) you suddenly look at your watch and realise you should be back from holiday and so you either have to leave your girlfriend alone or go on holiday again.....and thats a tough choice

Amateur

Originally posted by FestyF:
    1. When your girlfriend/wife look damn sexy in her new dress and you think of offering her a new 3 year contract.

2. When your friend argues with you over something and you put your hands in your pocket to show him a red card.

lol at #1

Youth Team

You know your addicted to Football Manager when...

You tell your mate whos good at football you'd give him 18 for Finishing and 17 for Composure and tell him he has a PA of 172.

You tell your Girlfriend/Wife her Dirtyness ratings need to improve.

Your first batch of 14/15 Year Old regens retire

When you convince yourself and your mates that Chelsea have bought Van Der Vaart when it only happened in FM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Law_Man:
    Only if you have a hands free kit

But seriously, FMing while talking to the girlfriend on the phone is a bad idea...

Girlfriend : Can I borrow your english notes please? I've lost mine
    (At the same moment Cork City score against me to go 1-0 in Irish League Cup Final with 10 mins remaining)
    Me : OH **** OFF!
    Girlfriend : Fine! Leave it then! *Hangs up*

Not so good. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hohohohohohohahahahahahahahahahahaha.......

You made my day lol.

Amateur

1. when you have the word "West ham tactics" in the corner of your eye at all times.

2. when you dream of a wonder tactic and all the players to go with it.

Amateur

Originally posted by phnompenhandy:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BenskiSullivanovich:
    When you apply for a managment position in real file stating all your achievements with the club in question on Football Manager - As I did when Alan Pardew left Reading for West Ham !!!!

Ha Ha Ha look at the Royals now !! I bet Nicky Hammond is forever rueing the day he wrote me that letter of rejection saying that I didn't have enough experience within the professional game.

......Or perhaps not...!

Did you really get a letter? The guy who got a reply from Steve Gibson when he applied for the 'Boro job is a legend (Altho' more so Gibson for his humour)! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    what happened with steve gibson ?

Amateur

Originally posted by MarcyBhoy22:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phnompenhandy:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BenskiSullivanovich:
    When you apply for a managment position in real file stating all your achievements with the club in question on Football Manager - As I did when Alan Pardew left Reading for West Ham !!!!

Ha Ha Ha look at the Royals now !! I bet Nicky Hammond is forever rueing the day he wrote me that letter of rejection saying that I didn't have enough experience within the professional game.

......Or perhaps not...!

Did you really get a letter? The guy who got a reply from Steve Gibson when he applied for the 'Boro job is a legend (Altho' more so Gibson for his humour)! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    what happened with steve gibson ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~kritip/managers%20job.htm

First Team Squad Member

I've just left Year 11 now at school ahead of my GCSEs. Everyone had little books to sign and T-Shirts to sign and stuff.

However for me it was just another one of those publicity days for the fans...

Semi Pro

you know you addicted to football manager when............
    you spend 16 months reading about someone elses game where they aren't managing a fake team and really caring how a bunch of regens you'll never see are doing.

Semi Pro

I meant that he's not even managing them and we're still interested, not that I want to read about a different type of game than the one Kip is supplying.

Hope that's slightly clearer. I meant "not even managing".

Youth Team

......you actually turn your underwear inside out to save washing

Amateur

1.When you spend a night doing a pre-season and then jumping in the bath at 9pm to talk to yourself about your new signings and their pre-seasons, getting out the bath at half 11.

2.When you are Man City and Nedum Onuoha scores in the last minute of a Manchester derby at Old Trafford, you rush downstairs, pick up your dog and run outside holding him up in the air, chanting, "Neddy, Neddy, Neddy", and then he bites you and runs inside, but your so excited about beating United that you can't feel any pain.

Amateur

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MarcyBhoy22:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

......Or perhaps not...!

what happened with steve gibson ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~kritip/managers%20job.htm </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    cheers for the link top stuff btw may sound stupid heer but what does regens mean

Amateur

when you sit alone in your room commentating on your matches and pretending to be an interviewer and manager having an interview after signing a player.

AND when u score a goal and you try to re-live the moment your player struck the ball and how they did it then pretend to celebrate as they would

Reserves
    www.footballmanagerwiki.co.uk - the ultimate Football Manager Resource!

When your 'construction lines' in maths class are secretly the new formation you are planning on trying

When you realise that you are bankrupt because you kept listening to SI when the addictiveness rating said 'better order another takeaway pizza'

When you email sky sports telling them about your new regen goalkeeper who just saved 3/5 penalties in the FA Cup Final...(I never did this... honest)

When you tell your mates about your clubs new £30mil striker, then get home and realise it was a regen on FM.

And when you actually go to a football match with a pad, and note down everything positive your potential signings do!

Never done any of these things... really, I havent

Amateur

...you go out and buy the shirt of the team you took up to the Premiership from the lower leagues and have your star regen's name and number put on the back.

Originally posted by MarcyBhoy22:
    cheers for the link top stuff btw may sound stupid heer but what does regens mean
    regens = New virtual young players generated by FM database.

Amateur

1. When your save game dominates the majority of your dreams at night

2.When you are watching the FA Cup Final irl and load up your game to see which of the two teams knocked you out.

(I have done both of these in the last 13 hours!)

Amateur

When you'd rather play FM than watch the FA Cup final even though you had some money on Portsmouth to lift the cup BEFORE they went to Old Trafford!

Youth Team

your son falls and fractures his arm and you tell everyone he's 'at home recupurating from an arm injury; out for 3-4 weeks'

Amateur

I was just sat in a meeting at work when our MD shouts out to some git form accounts "These reports are absoloute rubbish, ive never heard of.. (half the companies on this list)" cue me and a work pal ( a fellow fm'er) getting a stern telling of for ****ing ourselves laughing in the middle of this "crucial" meeting!

Absoloute Classic moment!

Amateur

1. Commentating on your matches.
    2. Doing imaginary press conferences while on toilet or in the bath.

All in a Scottish accent that just seems to make it more realistic.

p.s. I'm English

Amateur

... Your Girlfriend phones and you pretend to be gone away for a week, thats what i did when I bought FM 2008 and avoided going out with any friends and took a week off work sick.

Amateur

Originally posted by Jinner Jamie:
    1. Commentating on your matches.

All in a Scottish accent that just seems to make it more realistic.

p.s. I'm English
    Only in the bathroom? Heck, I do imaginary press conference driving to work, and back home... when in the bath room, and its also what I use to doze me off to sleep. Thats if my wife ain't in any mood to "woohoo" with me.

When at home a lone, I do a re-enactment of the goals my player scores, and yes... commentary on my own matches. Mate, we should get together for a mug of beer some day. LOL!

Amateur

When you try to explain to yourself that the only formation that works in the world is 4-4-2 (because it's the only one you had success with in FM)

Amateur

When you celebrate with the punch bag in your bedroom cos you feel it's Neil Lennon [You're assistant manager at Alloa] =D

Part-Timer

When you play fm on real day basis (eg, play the game up until current day, then only play 1 day in game everyday!), never done this, but have thought about doing it many times

Part-Timer

when you stay up until 3 am to finish a season, only for you to wake up through excitement (like a kid at christmas) at 8am to kick start the next season with some good signings etc

Reserves

When you're so nervous about an upcoming match that you can't face loading up the game and just spend days wandering round in a nervous stupor until, one day, you find yourself on the ground, being shaken by a stranger and you awake to wonder how you ended up naked in Solihull in just your socks when you've never even been to the place or figured out the way to get there.

Amateur

When every time your player gets injured in a match you shout at the other teams players telling them about how they can't handle your teams ability so have resorted to kicking them off the park.

Amateur

When you look at someone's facebook profile and expect to see stats for determination and finishing. Disappointed, you turn to the about me section hoping to see 'determined', 'ambitious' 'resolute' or 'leader'.....

First Team Squad Member

When you plan with a mate to buy a house and have a special FM room, with wives bringing food and tea in every half hour.

Amateur

Originally posted by C(r)ouch:
    When you try to explain to others that the only formation that works in the world is 4-4-2 (because it's the only one you had success with in FM)

Semi Pro

Originally posted by Jinner Jamie:
    I give a daily press conference in the canyons of my mind.

I remember getting quite annoyed with the questions about my new signing. That's probably taking things a little too far.

Reserves

I remember getting quite annoyed with the questions about my new signing. That's probably taking things a little too far.
    It'd be pretty boring if all the questions were tame, no?

Semi Pro

Except I'm doing a press conference in my head so am asking myself the questions.

Mind you, I'm not right. So maybe it was to be expected

Amateur

Originally posted by Mojby:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bridport_james:
    When you start commentating on your own matches....
    And i thought this was only me!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do this in every single match. Been known to attempting Motson laugh

Youth Team

Not being able to get back to sleep at 5am with work the following morning worrying about what side to pick or worse still, being tempted to go downstairs and boot up FM to play 'that' match..

Happened last night!

Amateur

When you spend half an hour looking for your stepdad's Golf trophy so you can pretend it's the Scottish Division 2 Championship trophy and parade it in front out your fans =)

Originally posted by Colorado:
    Not being able to get back to sleep at 5am with work the following morning worrying about what side to pick or worse still, being tempted to go downstairs and boot up FM to play 'that' match..

Happened last night!
    Ha ha lol..that's quality.

Amateur

when you use fm terms to explain your tactics to the little league team, you'r coaching.

And also writting long reports on all your players irl, using terms from fm. Like "He's a MC, with high speed" Etc..

First Team Squad Member
    Serps lives on, in the hearts and minds of all of us.

Originally posted by Silver Foxx:
    you take your laptop into the toilet, even when you are doing a 'number 2' yet you still carry on playing FM with one hand wiping your bum, and the other tweaking the tactics....
    I do this lol . I can't bare to waste those 5 minutes... lol.

Amateur

Originally posted by Sir Thomas:
    I was just sat in a meeting at work when our MD shouts out to some git form accounts "These reports are absoloute rubbish, ive never heard of.. (half the companies on this list)" cue me and a work pal ( a fellow fm'er) getting a stern telling of for ****ing ourselves laughing in the middle of this "crucial" meeting!

LMFAO!! It would of been great if it was filmed.
    Just picturing it happening had me in stitches.

Absoloute Classic moment!

Originally posted by Harryseaess:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Silver Foxx:
    you take your laptop into the toilet, even when you are doing a 'number 2' yet you still carry on playing FM with one hand wiping your bum, and the other tweaking the tactics....
    I do this lol . I can't bare to waste those 5 minutes... lol. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You guys are maniacs really.

Amateur

^^^agreed

Banned

- Me and the Mrs both have next week off work. All I can think about is how much time i'll have to play FM.

- I make up songs and chants containing my players names and sing them during matches.

- In bed I think of my squad, my tactics and upcoming fixtures.

Amateur

I make up songs and chants containing my players names and sing them during matches.

Snap, I had a quality one for Ricardo Quasima, based around "she's a lady" by Tom Jones

Amateur

Originally posted by sherwinjarv:
    You play it pretty much every day since you were 11. You are now 23.
    Snap. Been there, done that, still doing it. LOL

Banned
    We must abolish slavery, £150,000 grand a week, how do they expect him to live!

Originally posted by Colt Stevens:
    - Me and the Mrs both have next week off work. All I can think about is how much time i'll have to play FM.

- I make up songs and chants containing my players names and sing them during matches.

- In bed I think of my squad, my tactics and upcoming fixtures.
    point one and three haha

do you think you will notice when shes standing in front of you by the end of the week with her bags packed, saying "thats it graham im leaving you)

and you dont really pay attention and say 'ok love ill wash the dishes after one more game'

Third Team

You leave your wife waiting an extra ten minutes at the train station last night because you wanted to finish your second leg CL QF against Man Utd and unfortunately it went to extra time.

True story, and I got told off

Amateur

You request that your girlfriend expands the capacity in the bed and she tells you that you have insufficient funds

Third Team

...you want the entire world to know that your star striker is from Montserrat, and are determined to find out as much about Montserrat as possible, and it even makes you want to live in Montserrat in the future.
    (His name is Brian Ryan and his birthplace (Plymouth) was destroyed by a volcano when he was 6)

Lurker

...when you're convinced you didn't get promotion because of a "bug".

Amateur

Originally posted by roosterbooster:
    ...when you're convinced you didn't get promotion because of a "bug".
    ...when you're convinced you didn't get promotion at WORK because of a "bug".

Banned

I also talk to my players, for example if someone has had a bad patch I will talk to them (out loud) and re-assure them..

Banned

(true story)

Down at St Andrews I decided to head to the bottom of the stand bye the tunnel and as James McFadden walked in at half time i shouted "you missed a penalty in the champions league final in 2010 and lost me the game
    "If your a fortune teller your not a very good one" he said back
    I said: your composure effects your penalties!"
    He said "Im not on about that, Us in the champions league in 2010, try a new job!

Amateur

When you start a new game you still keep your old save game because your Star regen player u have seen grow into a world superstar is in that game and deleting it would be as bad a murder.

Amateur

One time, me and my friend were playing Fm round his. We were playing each other and he had the worlds best regen striker ever, called Gutierrez. I got my strong CB to man mark him. 5 mins later his star striker got injured and had to be taken off. He wasnt happy! When he finds out the his star striker is gna be out for 9 mnths with cruciate ligament damages he actually shouts at me and calls me a cheat! We had an arguement and i left his house. He apologized the next day. And i completely understood and i forgave him because Fm is such a passionate game, i would of done exactly the same thing!

Another thing i fdo is try to emulate attacks with my players on pieces of paper when im bored in college! I hate Si! But i love you at the same time!

Amateur

you lot are sad. how can you get this into the game, i feel sorry for you losers

egg

Banned

Your weekly shopping list is derived of FM snacks - Multipack cans of coke, multipack Mars Bars and Walkers Crisps - all percect snacks with no preparation time, or causing a need to leave the game

Amateur

You know we're all addicted to Football Manger when this thread keeps growing...and growing...and growing

Amateur

When someone is looking for the TV remote control and you said "I'm afraid I didn't see it. My view was blocked."

Simply because you heard something contro (versy)

Part-Timer

You lose a game & you say to yourself, "I'm not playing this anymore! The games are fixed!". Yet the next day you load it up and carry on playing.
    If i lose a game, i continue untill i next win.

Part-timer

... Your Girlfriend phones and you pretend to be gone away for a week, thats what i did when I bought FM 2008 and avoided going out with any friends and took a week off work sick.

Mate i love FM, as much as the next person-
    BUT thats quite extreme!

Youth Team

haha i just read through this for the 1st time and so many of these are true!

You realise that 90% of your real footballing knowledge has in fact come from FM. I put Bojinov in my dream team this year based on his FM07 ability.

that i do so many times especially when a big club signs someone none of my mates have heard of ie ever banega oh yeah hes amazing (never seen him play lol)

and i check oxford results now and class them as my 3rd team because of a great career lol.

and when you agree to your girlfriend your going to come round after work. yet you text her saying your going home to get some dinner first but really you just play FM lol.

Originally posted by Desmond-Norman mcphilfordsonboratnice2no:
    you lot are sad. how can you get this into the game, i feel sorry for you losers

egg
    Sorry for being off-topic but it's time now that SI restrict the length of usernames you're allowed to have. Look at the username of the user I've quoted here. It's ridiculously long.

Amateur

great poat-
    *when you run around the living room acting out a goal from the game.
    *when you google every sighning you make to see what they look like.
    *when you write a list of the lates talent from brazil in the early hours of the morning on what you thought to be a scrap peace of paper only to find out the next morning it was a copy of your wifes grandparents will because she works for a sollicitors. (this happened to me last week and she is still not talking to me)

Third Team

when your online game of FM has knocked up 43 days

Amateur

when your wife decides to get rid of the coffee table because your 9 month old son keeps hitting his head on it,you tell her its a good idea as he will soon seriousley hurt him self but all you are thinking is it will give you more room to celibrate and act out your champions league winner on f.m

Amateur

Originally posted by Nene_Park_Faithfull:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You lose a game & you say to yourself, "I'm not playing this anymore! The games are fixed!". Yet the next day you load it up and carry on playing.
    If i lose a game, i continue untill i next win. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I sooooooooooooo do that too! Can't sign off for the night with a loss!

First Team Squad Member

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nene_Park_Faithfull:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You lose a game & you say to yourself, "I'm not playing this anymore! The games are fixed!". Yet the next day you load it up and carry on playing.

You are all right, can't do exit the game and do a press conference after a loss.
    I sooooooooooooo do that too! Can't sign off for the night with a loss! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Part-timer

quote:
    You keep a notepad in the toilet so you can toy with tactics.

is it bad that is think this is a good idea?

yes...

yes it is Charlie!
    lol

I WILL BEAT YOU!
    (personal message!)
    lol

Amateur
    Remanded to Area 51 for extensive testing

You have to leave the room during a penalty shootout because the tension is getting to you

Amateur

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nene_Park_Faithfull:

I am 100% the same, i cant sleep when i go to bed on a loss, i mean come on, end the day on a win and then your happy.

This is however bad when you are peterborough in the premiership, i couldnt get a win for toffee! Was up until 4am lol.

I sooooooooooooo do that too! Can't sign off for the night with a loss! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

First Team Squad Member

When you are talking to your FM-crazy mate and everything you say has to be begun with:

'In real life... those exams were terrible today' for example. Otherwise all refers to in our FM games.

Amateur

You don't realise that nobody in your family cares that you lost out on the Premiership title on the final day and how that Arsenal penalty was never a penalty and how Obafemi Martins should have scored his penalty.

It was a fix I tell ya!!

Amateur

While watching an international friendly in the pub with your mates, you turn to them and sagely state that the manager should bring on player X if he really wants to turn the game around. Instead of their normal agreement/disagreement, you are met with looks of confusion and one of them asks who player X is. You then list his career, clubs and trophies won, and are halfway through explaining that you nearly signed him in 2014 when you realise you're actually talking about a regen on FM.....

Also, I've done a similar thing with Michael Carrick where I tried to convince a friend that Carrick has really improved as a player since his move to Roma......

Part-Timer

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but...

You put on a full suit and tie for a cup final match, and set up your bedroom to look like an actual dugout. Play the match in full match mode, yelling and cursing as a real manager would.

Upon winning said final, you parade around the house with an old bowling trophy pretending it's the actual cup trophy, still wearing your suit and tie.

I may or may not have done this in FM06...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast