You know you are addicted to football manager when............

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by goodzorr_avfc:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WizardMack:

When someone at work asks if you want a cup of tea and you respond with "these reports are absolute rubbish. I've never even heard of Tea".

That actually made me laugh out loud. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ditto

Also, when you stand outside the room when you have a touchline ban, or when you set up a press conference with yourself and your new signing who can't speak english (a pillow) at 4 in the morning

Or when your in your english class and realise you've just used up 6 notebook pages by drawing out all possible tactics you could use for your next cup game icon_biggrin.gif

Woah! Crucial time of the season, got FA Cup Semi Final and Champs League games all against Arsenal coming up, and my stupid cat just ran across my laptop. The screen went blank (she'd just pressed the power button) and the pc went to sleep. I didn't know what had happened to begin with but I was more worried about the save on FM than the general wellbeing of my laptop

Things I've done:

Throw a week-long sickie when a new edition/patch is released.

Get confused about why Elano is playing for Man City on Sky Sports.

Start talking "PA" with your mates when a team like Birmingham signs someone like Zarate.

You get excited when you team is linked with a player like Stancu or Breno.

Spend £429 on a new Dual 2 Core laptop because you're sick of spending half an hour to process international weeks.

and finally...

You miss a meeting because you're thinking up addictiveness signs on FM Forums.

Originally posted by GillsMan:

You can't remember if Gillingham beat Millwall 2-1 in real life or in FM. You keep getting results confused between IRL and FM.

Similar for me, except it's with players, I can never remember if a player plays for a club on FM or IRL.

Also when you annoy your friends and family by constantly talking to them about your latest results and your dealings in the transfer market even though you know full well they have no interest whatsoever.

you start checkin the scores of a team u dont support just because you had a good career as there manager on FM! (i do with Cambridge).

also when you see a player join a different club and are gutted your team didnt sign him just like you did on FM and he scored 30 in one season and won you the league

Originally posted by Pricey85:

You realise that 90% of your real footballing knowledge has in fact come from FM. I put Bojinov in my dream team this year based on his FM07 ability.

Yep, would agree with that. Watching random football matches, knowing player names and positions and whether they are any good.

you trawl the web trying to find a football shirt you can buy from some random foreign team, you have taken to glory in fm. However they're so random your never gonna find one, so you consider making one, but NO thats stupid!

Guest Comedycare

You spend the morning thinking about the dramatic post you're going to put up on the noticeboard explaining how you can't stand this game anymore and how you nearly punched your laptop last night when frigging West Brom scored in the 90th minute against the run of pay and how did all these blinking AI managers turn into tactical genii anyway, and then read some post about how you know you are addicted and realise that you will be trying again tonight away against Chelsea....

You have dreams that Silva and carlos Vela both approach you asking for a run in the team, because just before you went to sleep you where considering sticking with silva or trying to bring through Vela icon_biggrin.gif

you play the champions league theme tune before champions leage games and shout out your players names "AGUEROO" followed by a roar fromthe crowd "ARRRRGGGGHHHH" and then reading out the away team less enthusiasticaly "raul" followed by a "BOOOOOO!!!"

Originally posted by nezimhalilovic:

you think about it when having sex...?

Id be very worried if that happened!

when you go to the john and pretend that you're in a press conference fielding questions to a bunch of imaginary press!

Your making love to your girlfiend/wife while in bed and watching your team play the match on FM...hoping your strikers finally get a shot on goal. Finally 1 of your strikers gets a shot on goal and you shout "I nearly scored!!", your wife then says "How can you nearly score with a soft tackle?", you then realise that your teams tackling has to be set to hard in order for your strikers get more possession and get more scoring chances. You set your teams tackling to hard and then finally score, your wife replies "You finally did it!", you reply "I know...I haven't been this excited since I scored 10 league games ago".

Originally posted by Neji:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nezimhalilovic:

you think about it when having sex...?

Id be very worried if that happened!

when you go to the john and pretend that you're in a press conference fielding questions to a bunch of imaginary press! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do that! icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Silver Foxx:

you take your laptop into the toilet, even when you are doing a 'number 2' yet you still carry on playing FM with one hand wiping your bum, and the other tweaking the tactics....

Make sure you don't get excited or you may tweek your bum and wipe your tactics! LOL icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by nelsonmcjones:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Silver Foxx:

you take your laptop into the toilet, even when you are doing a 'number 2' yet you still carry on playing FM with one hand wiping your bum, and the other tweaking the tactics....

Make sure you don't get excited or you may tweek your bum and wipe your tactics! LOL icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's just naaaaasty

This is how addicted I am:

At the moment, I'm suffering from some sort of grogular cold, making me very dizzy and therefore bed-bound. I have a PSP with a WiFi to PC program on it, where I can use the PSP as a wireless gamepad or mouse. As I speak, I am (groggily) setting up said program on my PC which has FM08 installed on it and my current long term save and I'm going to try and play it from my bed.

Hopefully there will be a way of me being able to use some sort of magnifying glass program too because I can't see the text from the other side of the room...

Originally posted by Pricey85:

You realise that 90% of your real footballing knowledge has in fact come from FM. I put Bojinov in my dream team this year based on his FM07 ability.

Oh, so I'm addicted now? icon_razz.gif

When you visit the local boy scouts and ask them to find players for your team...

And when you ask your history teacher to speed things up and only talk about key highlights.

Archived