Football manager 2009

i think it would be a good idea if in the next football manager we could have the option of giving players testimonials and having the playing them against past players or special XI. Also the player could diside who he gives the money to eg the game could say " x has decided to give half the money from his testimonial to charity"

i think it would be a good idea if in the next football manager we could have the option of giving players testimonials and having the playing them against past players or special XI. Also the player could diside who he gives the money to eg the game could say " x has decided to give half the money from his testimonial to charity"

lol..not a bad idea caskie..i feel it would be good if you could create a send off game..for one of ur special players thats about to retire..but why would there be anything like decidin which charity to give money??.dsnt sound right at all...the money received shuld be from gate recipts and added to other incomes for the benefit of the club..and the club alone

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bongo-Bongo:

To be honest, I can't really say I see the point of testimonials. What would they add to the game exactly? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think they could add a lot. Doing one for the right player, (i.e one who has been at your club for a long time, played well and started for years, maybe even went on to bigger and better things for a short time) could have a nice impact on club's supporters and offer some nice exposure. Would also have a large impact on moral for the team if the player was liked.

Conversely, doing such for the wrong player could hurt the team and supporter opinion.

Where the money is given would likewise change supporter and player opinion/moral. Giving to charity might increase these, but at a struggling club the money may be needed. If the testimonial is against a big club, this could be a large loss of revenue.

I like this idea!

Just before this i was typing in the GTPG about a player who had done really well for me, then disapeared before i had the chance to play him in thelast game of the season, which would have been the CL Final!

I would have loved to make a testimonial, but obviously it would only be for managers/players who are at a club for a long time on the game(the player in mention was at my club for 14 seasons)

would be a good idea. on my rochdale game, rory mcardle was at the club 10 years and had been my captian and i was thinking that it would be good to give him a testimonial.

obviously it didnt affect morale etc, but i decided just to arrange a cup cometition and named it the "rory mcardle testimonial" cup. not the same as having it officially recognised in the game, but at least i felt i had done my bit for the lad!

It would also be very cool if the player's favorite team-mates/other personnel played along side them or against them. Maybe the option to choose who to include in the testimonial match.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by backpackant:

It's been suggested before. And turned down.

Look at your fixture conjestion at the moment.

I'd LIKE to see it, but I doubt it'll get in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with this- reasonable idea but has been discussed and rejected by the forums before.

Its been mentioned quite a few times. I always like it. I always feel that when a legend retires that theres no way to give them a proper send off and thats a shame.

If its been rejected before how about the option to set one up through a board request and then we just get alot of media about it? Then we wouldn't actually have to play the match (and go through the problem of who plays in it) but would still beable to give legends a proper send off?

Archived