+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Board expectations

  1. #1
    Amateur
    Join Date
    18th May 2010
    Posts
    42

    Default Board expectations

    Hi

    What determines board expectations at the beginning of the game? For example some boards expect to avoid relegation, gain promotion, expect a top half finish.

    The board expect promotion at the mo on my game but yet im languishing in 10th place with no chance of making the playoffs

    Is that sackable material or do boards tend to stick with you, my job status is secure

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    29th August 2009
    Location
    www.fmchat.co.uk
    Posts
    4,743

    Default Re: Board expectations

    You will need to get promoted next season or you will be sacked!

  3. #3
    Amateur
    Join Date
    18th May 2010
    Posts
    42

    Default Re: Board expectations

    Quote Originally Posted by lutontown1991 View Post
    You will need to get promoted next season or you will be sacked!
    So they give you another season, super at least they are giving you another chance, problem is i have no money for transfers, gonna have to wheel and deal in the free transfer market yet again.

    If and when you get promoted do there expectations change, as surely they must chance to "avoid relegation" as your a newly promoted club, be gutted if it said top half finish cause theres no chance of that on my budget,

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    29th August 2009
    Location
    www.fmchat.co.uk
    Posts
    4,743

    Default Re: Board expectations

    I always choose the lowest possible one I can so no matter how I do the board won't be too disappointed but however if you say "avoid relegation" and finish 9th or 10th they will be delighted with you

  5. #5
    Reserves
    Join Date
    17th November 2008
    Location
    Sheffield/Leeds
    Posts
    14,931

    Default Re: Board expectations

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanos28 View Post
    Hi

    What determines board expectations at the beginning of the game?
    Club reputation for one. But the most important factor is where you tell them you're expecting to finish at the beginning of the season

  6. #6
    Amateur
    Join Date
    18th May 2010
    Posts
    42

    Default Re: Board expectations

    damm, i should have chose top half finish in the league i'm in rather than chosing promotion! Its them figures they give you for higher expectations, it persuaded me too easily, haha!

    What makes it worse is that the extra 1.5 million i got for chosing promotion, i went ahead and bought rob earnshaw who has bagged me 4 goals in 27 appearences, nice one a masterstroke

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    29th August 2009
    Location
    www.fmchat.co.uk
    Posts
    4,743

    Default Re: Board expectations

    Its not worth the extra cash IMO. I would rather keep my job safe

  8. #8
    Amateur
    Join Date
    18th May 2010
    Posts
    42

    Default Re: Board expectations

    tempted to start again but ive only got 4 games left so ill see if i get the dreaded vote of confidence or not yet

  9. #9
    Amateur
    Join Date
    23rd November 2009
    Posts
    264

    Default Re: Board expectations

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Alllen View Post
    Club reputation for one. But the most important factor is where you tell them you're expecting to finish at the beginning of the season
    can you tell them where you think you will finish?

    i never found this option i just get a notification at the start of the season of what the board expects.

  10. #10
    Amateur
    Join Date
    18th May 2010
    Posts
    42

    Default Re: Board expectations

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Alllen View Post
    Club reputation for one. But the most important factor is where you tell them you're expecting to finish at the beginning of the season
    Is it nothing to do with finances you have? As they normally say what they expect before you actually have a chance to answer, then you are given a choice

  11. #11
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    3rd June 2008
    Location
    Singapore, Marsiling Rise
    Posts
    2,271

    Default Re: Board expectations

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanos28 View Post
    Hi

    What determines board expectations at the beginning of the game? For example some boards expect to avoid relegation, gain promotion, expect a top half finish.

    The board expect promotion at the mo on my game but yet im languishing in 10th place with no chance of making the playoffs

    Is that sackable material or do boards tend to stick with you, my job status is secure
    Club reputation plays an important role here. For example, I used FMRTE before a new season started and set my club reputation low. Then the board had very low expectations. Similarly, when I used FMRTE to set the reputation high, the board expected me to win the league!

  12. #12
    Amateur
    Join Date
    25th May 2010
    Posts
    145

    Default Re: Board expectations

    Well. My 1st season in BSN. Media prediction 10th. I wanted more $$ so I told the board we will get promotion. I ended up at 15th at the end of the season. For some reason, they weren't unhappy with me. Probably because my club reputation is obscure.
    But from then on, I try to err on the safe side.

  13. #13
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    23rd October 2009
    Posts
    1,602

    Default Re: Board expectations

    One time the board offered me "ATTEMPT to avoid relegation." So, you'll be happy if we ARE relegated? Thanks for the encouraging words.

    I usually raise expectation by a notch on general principal, but the extra money is hardly worth it.
    Last edited by robertcornell68; 01-06-2010 at 14:33.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Board expectations

    I acknowledge that club reputation has a lot of input into what the boards expectations are for the forth coming league season, however is it the same with the cup competitions?

    Maybe a stupid question but the reason for me asking this is -

    Having won the EPL with Southampton in 2013/14 season (board were looking for a respectable league position) and qualifying for the ECL for the 2014/15 season, my board are looking for me to at least reach the semi-finals!!

    I was in the Europa League last season reaching the quarter-finals (again board expected semis) due to being FA cup runners up.
    Just seems daft that a club with no real experience at this level of competition is expected to go as far along in it, being seeded 4th in the draw doesn't do me any favours either really, coupled with the fact that despite winning the league board expectations for this coming season are "Qualify for a European spot through the league" which i presume means they wont sack me if i dont win the EPL as long as i grab at least a Europa League spot??

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts