Bring back FM 2007

As we all know, FM 2007 was just a brilliant game, so fun that I cry when I play it. Sadly, after this installment there was a HUGE drop in performance, fun factor etc. I'd still play FM 07 on regular basis, if not some features introduced in later installments. Like assistent reports of individual player (how the **** would u know youngsters potential if youre playing LLM?). Interface is gorgeous, game is so addicting it's not even funny, would be nice to see kinda special "remake" of it, adding some of those non-game-changing features, pretty sure that would be a perfect gift for those, who played 07 when it just came out. It was even less buggy than FM 2009 after last patch.

PLEASE, SI

I'm not trying to be funny but if you love FM07 so much why don't you just.. play FM07?

UI design is, I suppose very subjective but to my eyes the only FM that could legitimately be described as anything even coming close to "gorgeous" is FM10.

I'm not trying to be funny but if you love FM07 so much why don't you just.. play FM07?

Man, I've said why. After playing later installments, it's really hard to play a game without some of features, like assman's reports, as I said. Those lil features, that doesn't change the game drastically. Perhaps I'm being silly, pretty sure there's only about 1% of that happening (Cm 01/02 remake then, yea?)

well, when a game becomes a classic so does its UI. fm07 was good, fm10 is also good, but maybe it has too much unnecessary details. i'd say a remake of fm07 with all the later additions (tactic creator, job ads) would be a pretty good game

Guest aaron70

Lack of Tactics Creator is what makes FM07 fun Kingjerico.

FM10 doesn't capture the enjoyment that I got from 07. CM10 is rubbish and I have no idea about FIFA Manager 10, so I guess without competition FM can do what it wants.

I agree with OP. FM07 is a great game but you miss some of the developments that have made the game world more interactive in FM10.

Man, I've said why. After playing later installments, it's really hard to play a game without some of features, like assman's reports, as I said. Those lil features, that doesn't change the game drastically. Perhaps I'm being silly, pretty sure there's only about 1% of that happening (Cm 01/02 remake then, yea?)

So basically what you'd like is to have your cake AND eat it?

Welcome to this thing called life.

I didn't really enjoy FM07 much, I don't know why. Maybe it was something to do with my computer, Maybe it was something to do with me not having enough time to play it for a great amount of time like I did with FM09 and FM10 (5 or 6 hours at a time).FM2010 takes a bit of beating in terms of the game itself but FM2009, For me personally will be the best because I had a brilliant Newcastle save. It was seriously awesome.

CM10 is rubbish and I have no idea about FIFA Manager 10, so I guess without competition FM can do what it wants.

I had CM4 and it was brilliant.Really enjoyed it. I then got CM5 on the PS2 and didn't enjoy it.It was too technical and confusing for my then 11 year old mind.So I decided to give CM games a miss for a bit as they were becoming really hard. I then got CM on the PSP the first instalment of it on PSP and it was really really good.It gave me the fun of CM4 but on the PSP and more updated.I then got CM2006 on PSP and that was really good.I think I had completed it!

FM2009/2010 were the best of the series. IMO of course

IIRC FM07 was the first FM I played :) I've got 3 copies of it because I kept accidently breaking the disks lol. Must have been good though if I kept buying new copies.

EDIT: Just found FM06 :D So FM07 was the second FM I played.

I did enjoy FM07, I think this was the game I was playing when the last world cup was on? and I remember playing it loads, that said I could never go back now, I love FM10 its an amazing game the level of realism is incredable.

The FM series is the only game thus far thats keeps me intrested, other games I get bored of very quickly..........

The FM series is the only game thus far thats keeps me intrested, other games I get bored of very quickly..........

as a matter of fact, I just keep playing FM series over and over. I always have all three FM (Fm08, Fm 09 and Fm10) installed in my PC. it never let me down in boredom. Only game came closest to FM-series is Simcity IV and Railroad Tycoon II - Platinum.

I had CM4 and it was brilliant.Really enjoyed it. I then got CM5 on the PS2 and didn't enjoy it.It was too technical and confusing for my then 11 year old mind.So I decided to give CM games a miss for a bit as they were becoming really hard. I then got CM on the PSP the first instalment of it on PSP and it was really really good.It gave me the fun of CM4 but on the PSP and more updated.I then got CM2006 on PSP and that was really good.I think I had completed it!

CM4 was made by the Football Manager people though, before the split with Eidos, that's why it was good. CM5 was the first after the split I believe.

CM4 was made by the Football Manager people though, before the split with Eidos, that's why it was good. CM5 was the first after the split I believe.

FM2005 was the first installment without eidos iirc :thup:

Very addictive as well as 06 and 07!

y would they bring back fm 07? dats a stupid idea.. and if fm 10 hasnt got a fun factor for sum ppl then why play the game? its more realistic now.. do ye think wen derby wor takin a beating in the prem week in week out it was fun? i dont think so.. bu when arsenal went the season unbeatin that musta been fun.. its all abou the team you pick and what you can do with them..

please stop using text message.

on topic: yes, FM 2010 is far more realistic now but FM2008 has less complexity which some times helps a quick run with arbitrary team. I didn't play but I guess FM07 had many streamlined game-play settings.

I agree, if they could just put a few updates from FM10 and continue to use the same UI and match engine....... drooooooool, i would be so happy.

I was playing FM07 all day yesterday, i love that game. It was the only FM of CM game that i kept my saved data.

I agree what i like to do in football manager is increase the finance, work on bettering my stadium and facilities and produce young talent, build up a team and go for glory, but then comes the match day my opinion i find it to hard and complex i watch alot of football, and i feel you cant just lay the simple instructions to your team. its like you need real life coaching badges yes i know its trying to be the closest thing to management but what about the other half of the fans who like to play for the fun.

y would they bring back fm 07? dats a stupid idea.. and if fm 10 hasnt got a fun factor for sum ppl then why play the game? its more realistic now.. do ye think wen derby wor takin a beating in the prem week in week out it was fun? i dont think so.. bu when arsenal went the season unbeatin that musta been fun.. its all abou the team you pick and what you can do with them..

:confused:

That makes no sense whatsoever.

As for the OP, I have to admit that FM07 was a great game and I certainly enjoyed more than ample success with it managing various teams. Realistically though, the game is long gone as far as SI are concerned and they'll hardly exhume it. Or were you just making a nostalgic request?

Come to think of it, I did genuinely love the FM07 'skin'(?).

:confused:

As for the OP, I have to admit that FM07 was a great game and I certainly enjoyed more than ample success with it managing various teams. Realistically though, the game is long gone as far as SI are concerned and they'll hardly exhume it. Or were you just making a nostalgic request?

I know, that there's almost zero chance of that happening, but just wanted to show SI how much ppl love FM 07 and how much does newer installments suck compared to 07 in terms of fun, game longevity etc. (imo)

fm07 was far more realistic. fm10 has gone backwards in realism especially the match engine and transfer system and newgens.

fm07 wasn't completely bug free but it was far less dodgy than fm10

fm10 is a mess to be honest with you, and pretty much every one after 07 is. you can actually play a lower league long term game in fm07. in fm10 in league 1 I can't even afford the wages of more than 10 players and there is no loan players in the future!

what kind of game has no loan players!

in real life yeovil made it to the championship without becoming bankrupt from half a mill within the space of a season and still financing a squad of more than 7 players. they were a small club

and how did the club at the start of the game manage to finance decent training and youth facilities but it is IMPOSSIBLE to keep that up?

I would always expect the latest fm to be the best, sadly this has not been the case and I have bought every game since fm05 (the first one)

fm07 was far more realistic. fm10 has gone backwards in realism especially the match engine and transfer system and newgens.

I love FM07 but I also love the way people exagerate on their favourite FM's description..

FM07 transfer system wasn't really that good. The real player's prices were beyond ridiculous (insanely high in the top leagues and insanely low in the smaller leagues... something that still happens but not as much..) and it was very very hard to loan players out.

You could have 15 young players that you needed to loan out and very few clubs would ever accept to make an offer for any of them... (despite the fact that these players were good enough for these clubs)

Newgens were good, no major issues with their attributes, but they also had some unrealistic stuff to them.. It was very easy to buy a bunch of regens and get them to full potential (there were hundreds of regens with big potential) and the fact that they always started with very low attributes was a tad unrealistic.. (not a big problem since they developed fast but..)

If FM07's transfer system was like FM10's then I'd never need to play another game. I think the only thing stopping me from still playing an older version is the fact that it was virtually impossible to sell players. You couldn't even give players away.

FM 07 was definetly the best FM, by a country mile IMO. The skin/layout was perfect. I've never gotten to prefer the new skin, it just isn't as good imo.

You can download the skin for FM07 and apply it to FM10. That's what I've done and gives you the best of both worlds.

I know, that there's almost zero chance of that happening, but just wanted to show SI how much ppl love FM 07 and how much does newer installments suck compared to 07 in terms of fun, game longevity etc. (imo)

fm07 wasn't completely bug free but it was far less dodgy than fm10

fm10 is a mess to be honest with you, and pretty much every one after 07 is. you can actually play a lower league long term game in fm07. in fm10 in league 1 I can't even afford the wages of more than 10 players and there is no loan players in the future!

what kind of game has no loan players!

in real life yeovil made it to the championship without becoming bankrupt from half a mill within the space of a season and still financing a squad of more than 7 players. they were a small club

and how did the club at the start of the game manage to finance decent training and youth facilities but it is IMPOSSIBLE to keep that up?

I would always expect the latest fm to be the best, sadly this has not been the case and I have bought every game since fm05 (the first one)

I agree :thup: and I have been saying that ever since fm08 came out.

I love FM07 but I also love the way people exagerate on their favourite FM's description..

FM07 transfer system wasn't really that good. The real player's prices were beyond ridiculous (insanely high in the top leagues and insanely low in the smaller leagues... something that still happens but not as much..) and it was very very hard to loan players out.

You could have 15 young players that you needed to loan out and very few clubs would ever accept to make an offer for any of them... (despite the fact that these players were good enough for these clubs)

Newgens were good, no major issues with their attributes, but they also had some unrealistic stuff to them.. It was very easy to buy a bunch of regens and get them to full potential (there were hundreds of regens with big potential) and the fact that they always started with very low attributes was a tad unrealistic.. (not a big problem since they developed fast but..)

To be honest, loaning players in FM07 is very easy. I with Benfica (which the team sucks at the beggining of the game) i end up loaning several from Chelsea, man United, Real madrid, barça and liverpool players with extreme easy, because Benfica only has 2 million for transfers. I have seen a lot of 15 year old youngsters being loaned by the English and Spanish, Italian teams.

The newgens despite having one or two issues it is still far (even lightyears) better then last Fm installments.

You can download the skin for FM07 and apply it to FM10. That's what I've done and gives you the best of both worlds.

The problem is not only the skin and I have no doubt that all of us know about the skins and Cleira's 07 skin. But the problem is that not only the flexion skin of FM07 is spot on, but far less complicated and things are organized that it is easy to find what you want to see. In FM10 I'm completely utterly lost to find what I want. The tree menu from cleira's skin helped a little, but it is quite noticeable that is beyond confusing.

Aside of other things that i have problem with that I quoted from other users that makes feel Fm07 is far better of the game.

PS: I would rather have little upgrade that puts 7 subs in english leagues and a league editor. That is all i ask.

I would like to make correction. The only thing FM07 needs is a league editor, because in the league editor there is the option to set how many sub i like, so that is half a problem solve.

oh believe me fm07 isn't perfect and has its issues but it has far more right with it than fm10 does. plenty of clubs want my youngsters on loan. I agree it is hard to give some of your players away. on dodgy transfer systems fm10 is definately far worse though, 17 year olds going for 10s of millions from obscure countries and demanding 90k a week on ages. on fm07 you can actually poach youngsters fairly cheap from obscure countries on reasonable wages just like in real life.

and how many ready made players do you find on fm10? they usually have awful stats for 25 million pound youngsters and take far longer to develop into anything useful.

my game on fm10 is ruined, the lower league finances being so messed up that I cannot even field a team in league 1!

To be honest, loaning players in FM07 is very easy. I with Benfica (which the team sucks at the beggining of the game) i end up loaning several from Chelsea, man United, Real madrid, barça and liverpool players with extreme easy, because Benfica only has 2 million for transfers. I have seen a lot of 15 year old youngsters being loaned by the English and Spanish, Italian teams.

I think he was talking about loaning players OUT, not loaning players IN.

I think he was talking about loaning players OUT, not loaning players IN.

Loaning players out, it is very easy. 70% of players that I want to loan I set up loan and wait until clubs approach me. The other 30% I simply send to my affiliated clubs and problem solved. In Benfica since there is no reserve team, it is bit difficult to menage the pre-season, that is why I like in putting reserves in league editor of FM10.

Now selling players is extremelly hard and you have to lower the price tag even to make other clubs to wonder for a player that has been a regular on my team and have overall stat above 7.

Archived