fixture congestion

this is getting rediculous. I am managing in the MLS and am getting fixtures 2 days apart (not just a one off occurance)!! Also, they don't sem to re-schedule MLS games due to international commitments....fair enough you can't take a break from MLS matches during the world cup but I have built up a squad of americans and now they are starting to get called up to the national squad I am left with having greyed out players to fill my matchday squad up as the matches isn't re-scheduled even though I can have up to 7 or 8 players away (24 man squad including 3 keepers = 21 outfield - 7 away on international = 14 outfield players left!!

this is getting rediculous. I am managing in the MLS and am getting fixtures 2 days apart (not just a one off occurance)!! Also, they don't sem to re-schedule MLS games due to international commitments....fair enough you can't take a break from MLS matches during the world cup but I have built up a squad of americans and now they are starting to get called up to the national squad I am left with having greyed out players to fill my matchday squad up as the matches isn't re-scheduled even though I can have up to 7 or 8 players away (24 man squad including 3 keepers = 21 outfield - 7 away on international = 14 outfield players left!!

Having the matches 2 days apart is an issue, but MLS doesn't re-arrange matches for international call-ups in real life, so it shouldn't in-game either.

thanks, i didnt know whether they did or not. Seems stupid as it must be good to get more american players in the side rather than signing average south american players but then it screws you over for when they go away on internationals

MLS is completely screwy with their schedules. You'll have a team play away on a Thursday and away again on the opposite coast Sunday, while another team is completely off that week. The big thing over here is that they're taking the group stage of the World Cup off...which is the first time that's ever happened. It's bizarre.

It can absolutely kill a team that's got international players. LA Galaxy will play Columbus this weekend; both teams are undefeated, and it's a fairly important match and should be good, except that the Galaxy are without Donovan and Buddle (their two best players), while Columbus should be full strength.

All things considered, though, at least our clock counts up instead of down, draws aren't settled by hockey-esque PKs, and there isn't a fourth "keeper only" substitution. As far behind as we are, it's still come a long way.

It can get terrible in England too. Last season I played 10 matches in April, including 5 matches in 8 days (every other day from 21st to 29th).

When matches are postponed the game doesn't take this into account and move other matches forward, sometimes resulting in wild pileups in April, and sometimes only a few matches in March. Right now I'm in January and are still in all competitions, but we have no matches scheduled between March 10th and April 3rd. That's 3 weeks with no football. We will probably play more, assuming we don't fly out of all competitions, but the game really should take postponements more into account and re-arrange matches where necessary.

April can be tough in real life too, but not with 5 matches in a week. That's just insane.

Isn't that March 10th - April 3rd the international window? Because I have noticed it plays havoc in Portugal as well, I am just lucky with only a 30 game league season so our period in the end of April doesn't get too bad, though April 21-25 is the worst, League Cup Final 21st, Champs League/Europa Knockout 23rd, Portuguese Cup 25th. All three of these games are originally scheduled for April 23rd I believe, its absolutely nuts.

England only have one match on March 27th.

Those 3 weeks are usually not empty. At least if you are involved in FA and European Cups. But it would be better with two games a week in March, instead of a massive pile-up in April. It's always the nightmare month. It can literally make or break your season.

Archived