fm on laptop

Hi all, new to the forum, sorry if this question has been asked before.

I am looking to get a new laptop but only a small 12 or 13inch screen one, are there any users with sudjestions for me? It is mainly just for playing fm on so I have found one on dell website, it is a ~

Dell Vostro 1220

intel core duo t6670 (2.2g, 800mhz, 2mb)

windows 7

4g of mem

320g hard drive

8x dvd/rw drive

12.1 inch screen

is £550 inc vat

what do u think?

regards Jason

It'll be fine for fm. I would find out about its graphics card though. Make sure that its dedicated and doesnt share any system memory. One other thing if its the 32bit version of windows 7 then you'll only have access to about 3.3gb of you 4gb ram (its the way 32bit versions of windows works). If you want access to the full 4gb (not needed for fm I dont think) then you should consider installing the 64 bit version.

I think you should be able to get something with a bigger screen and its own dedicated graphics card for that price though so I would shop around a bit more.

It'll be fine for fm. I would find out about its graphics card though. Make sure that its dedicated and doesnt share any system memory. One other thing if its the 32bit version of windows 7 then you'll only have access to about 3.3gb of you 4gb ram (its the way 32bit versions of windows works). If you want access to the full 4gb (not needed for fm I dont think) then you should consider installing the 64 bit version.

I think you should be able to get something with a bigger screen and its own dedicated graphics card for that price though so I would shop around a bit more.

I second this - thats the second time in a matter of minutes I have seconded what treckman has said :D.

It will be fine to play FM but based on that price you could do better. I bought last month - a Dell Inspiron 1545 dual core 2.2 GHZ, 4 GB Ram, 64 bit operating system, and 500 GB Hard Drive Space for quite abit cheaper than your £550, as it was £429 - but it was in a Dell sale but they seem to have been having a sale for ages now!

And the new intel core i seems to be pretty popular - new type of technology I believe - my be worth looking at them. Shop around and look at the Dell website as there are so deals going on.

what about this ASUS X5AE-SX002V. AMD Turion II Dual-Core Processor M500

- 2.2 GHz

- 1800 MHz HT

- 1 MB L2 cache

Operating System Genuine Windows®7 Home Premium

RAM - 4 GB

Graphics card ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 graphics processor

Screen type Widescreen

Screen size 15.6"

Hard drive 320 GB

Would this be good for FM10

what about this ASUS X5AE-SX002V. AMD Turion II Dual-Core Processor M500