Computer crash: Is it cheating to...?

Scenario: I'm in the middle of a match with Lazio when my computer crashes. The score in that game was 0-0 around the 60th minute, so no big deal. However, I had played two matches since the last time I had saved - a 6-2 win over Roma for a 10-3 aggregate win in the Coppa Italia semi-final, and a 4-1 win with the US Under-23's against Honduras in Olympic qualifying. Obviously, those results have been lost. I haven't re-played the matches yet, but when I do, would you consider it cheating to restart FM if I lost the matches I had won before my computer crashed?

no i wouldnt say it was cheating. i beat leeds last night with notts co in the JPT trophy at elland road. then i had a crash dump. luckily for me i had saved it only after my previous match so i only lost that 1 result. anyway i won again to prove it wasnt a fluke. i would of kept resetting if i had lost though.

That's the response I was kind of expecting to get, so alright! :thup:

I won the replay with Roma, 3-0, and beat Honduras, 5-1, in a game that followed almost the exact same pattern, down to Honduras scoring first and then picking up a late first-half red card. No restarts needed. :)

It depends - if you had originally lost those 2 matches and the game crashed, if you then won those games upon reloading, would you keep reloading until you lost, thus restoring the original results?

I have done the same, but opposite, I lost a game I should of won, had a hissy fit and turned the computer off before I saved it.

It took me a dozen reload attempts to lose the match again. So as long as you would be fair in both ways, it is fine to reload and recreate the origional result (As Kenco has said).

Archived