starting from scratch

just wondering if anyone has chosen a team in somewhere like league 2 and started all over again. For instance releasing nearly all of the squad and starting with around 4 players. This gives you the challenge of building the team up. I remember playing with dorchester on fm2009 and you start with 4 players.

Anyone done this and recommend it? I was thinking of starting with someone like macclesfield

I tried something similar, I took over Hull after they got relegated to league 1 and were in administration.

I sold all the big earning players, and most of the others to get the bank balance back out of the red, replaced them with free young players trying to build for the future and they sacked me in Jan because I was in relegation

Similar story to arsenalboy, started a new game on 10.3 with Grimsby Town and get rid of nearly all first team players and got promoted.

That did mean I had a lot of loan players coming in and out that. Now I have built a youthful team boasting four ex Man Utd academy boys, including Danny Drinkwater.

Recommend it!

Archived