+ Reply to Thread

Thread: starting from scratch

Amateur

Default starting from scratch

just wondering if anyone has chosen a team in somewhere like league 2 and started all over again. For instance releasing nearly all of the squad and starting with around 4 players. This gives you the challenge of building the team up. I remember playing with dorchester on fm2009 and you start with 4 players.

Anyone done this and recommend it? I was thinking of starting with someone like macclesfield

Banned

Default Re: starting from scratch

If you start off down in level 10/11 using Super Bladesman's league structure then you basically end up doing that anyway.

For each of my first 4 seasons I released almost my entire squad and signed dozens of new players.

Amateur

I did that for Barnet in League 2. Shipped out virtually all the original players, none of the few that stayed played at all. Unlike real life, we finished top

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by arsenalboy View Post
    I did that for Barnet in League 2. Shipped out virtually all the original players, none of the few that stayed played at all. Unlike real life, we finished top
    That is indeed great news, mate!

Amateur

I tried something similar, I took over Hull after they got relegated to league 1 and were in administration.

I sold all the big earning players, and most of the others to get the bank balance back out of the red, replaced them with free young players trying to build for the future and they sacked me in Jan because I was in relegation

Amateur

Similar story to arsenalboy, started a new game on 10.3 with Grimsby Town and get rid of nearly all first team players and got promoted.

That did mean I had a lot of loan players coming in and out that. Now I have built a youthful team boasting four ex Man Utd academy boys, including Danny Drinkwater.

Recommend it!

+ Reply to Thread