Get rid of steam

so far this year i have had loads of problems with steam, that means i cannot play football manager, without steam the game is working fine, but there allways seems to be a problem with something at steam that means i cannot play and it is fustrating.

am i the only one having these problems?

i think that sports interactive would be much better off just selling there old product how the used to rather than using steam, i therefore think that for the new version of the game they should get rid of steam

please comment

My biggest problem with Steam is their insistance to try and still charge full price for the game, I would have bought it from them if they'd been reasonable like every other vendor I can think of - got fed up waiting last week and bought the download through GAME com for half the price.

The only problem I had was last year's game when they obviously hadn't expected such a demand on the release date and lots of people couldn't actually authenticate the game. This year has been fine and the addition of achievements has been a nice little distraction.

That said I will still be buying the boxed game and installing it through steam, rather than buying the digital version.

My biggest problem with Steam is their insistance to try and still charge full price for the game, I would have bought it from them if they'd been reasonable like every other vendor I can think of - got fed up waiting last week and bought the download through GAME com for half the price.

The were running a special some weeks/months ago. FM 2010 for $19.99

Yesterday and today I have tried to play FM for the first time in 2 months.

When I load up steam and click on FM10,it says "scanning for steam games updates" and stays stuck on that.

I have tried leaving it for several hours,have tried restarsting my laptop and trying again but nothing works?

Any ideas what I can do? I need a fix of lower league management after watching the playoffs :(

The were running a special some weeks/months ago. FM 2010 for $19.99

I bought FM10 in that sale too! Later I found that in my country(India) SEGA released FM10 in retail in cheaper price and also sooner than previous years (within 3 months of International release). :(

This year I would rather wait.

Archived