Thinking of managing a team outside of Europe...

just wondering does any1 have any tips for managing teams outside of europe,

i'm thing of brazil or australia, and i just want to know does any one have tips or ideas for me?

any silly transfer rules, squad rules etc....

any help on any nation would be good

just wondering does any1 have any tips for managing teams outside of europe,

i'm thing of brazil or australia, and i just want to know does any one have tips or ideas for me?

any silly transfer rules, squad rules etc....

any help on any nation would be good

Had some fantastic games in Brazil. The lowest Brazillian league (can't remeber what it is) has some really odd rules; you play 2 leagues in the season as well as several cups.

4-2-2-2 is a really fun formation as well, produces some great football

It all depends on what you are looking for really. Brazil and USA are good if you want something totally different, Brazil for the sheer amount of competitions and clubs, and USA for the complex transfer system. Australia is also a little different in the squad rules.

For a real challenge I'd recommend an Asian league such as Singapore or Hong Kong. I found them impossibly difficult because of the limited budget and me not having any knowledge whatsoever of the leagues.

If you just want a change of scenery I'd suggest Argentina. Decent teams, quality players (some of which are fairly famous) and a good standard of football played. The only problem I found was the lack of a domestic club competition, which meant as a 'lesser club' there may not be many nice distractions from the league. Also worth pointing out that the leagues work on an average points system over three seasons. Something I found out to my horror when I was relegated after finishing 15th.

China is fun. There's quality in the league and you have to find the best domestic players which is a challenge. No foreign GKs as well. I enjoyed Indonesia as well. The Asian leagues all have foreign restriction to comply with the squad restrictions in the ACL (Asian Champions League). Hong Kong has a short season but it's a very tough league if you're not South China or Kitchee.

When my globe-trotting save reached a dead end, I went back to Brazil simply because it's fun.

You get to play classy football with ball playing central defenders and everything, plus you get a newgen tree that grows brilliant sixteen year-olds and there's a really easy local league at the start of the season to get you warmed up.

It all depends on what you are looking for really. Brazil and USA are good if you want something totally different, Brazil for the sheer amount of competitions and clubs, and USA for the complex transfer system. Australia is also a little different in the squad rules.

For a real challenge I'd recommend an Asian league such as Singapore or Hong Kong. I found them impossibly difficult because of the limited budget and me not having any knowledge whatsoever of the leagues.

If you just want a change of scenery I'd suggest Argentina. Decent teams, quality players (some of which are fairly famous) and a good standard of football played. The only problem I found was the lack of a domestic club competition, which meant as a 'lesser club' there may not be many nice distractions from the league. Also worth pointing out that the leagues work on an average points system over three seasons. Something I found out to my horror when I was relegated after finishing 15th.

Yes, I love managing the Singapore league because I am a Singaporean! My country rocks! :D

Australia is ok, short seasons but not a lot to play for. Plus squad restrictions are a little annoying. Obscure European Leagues are fun, Northern Ireland is great - well it was on FM08 but I havent played the league in FM10.

Archived