Strange Work Permit Issue

Hello!

Bit of a strange one this, im playing a save right now as Aston Villa but because i have a soft spot for Celtic i tend to check up on them once in a while. Also, during the first season clase, i swapped Pato into their team as a little pressie and hoped he would get a WP. I'd like to point out that I don't use FMRTE for my team!

Anyway, i checked on Celtic a couple games into next season and notice that every single foreign player in their team has the red WP sign, and none of those players have played a single game that season. This only appears to affect Celtic, with the other scottish teams having a-ok permit situations.

I can upload a screenie and the save if required when i get home, but has anyone heard of this problem? Is it a bug or some strange rule?!

Dudload

tumbleweed :)

Hello!

Bit of a strange one this, im playing a save right now as Aston Villa but because i have a soft spot for Celtic i tend to check up on them once in a while. Also, during the first season clase, i swapped Pato into their team as a little pressie and hoped he would get a WP. I'd like to point out that I don't use FMRTE for my team!

Anyway, i checked on Celtic a couple games into next season and notice that every single foreign player in their team has the red WP sign, and none of those players have played a single game that season. This only appears to affect Celtic, with the other scottish teams having a-ok permit situations.

I can upload a screenie and the save if required when i get home, but has anyone heard of this problem? Is it a bug or some strange rule?!

Dudload

How did you manage to get Pato to agree to joining a Scottish club? I suspect that some serious editing has occured and that there has been a bug somewhere.

Dunno. On a game I had in the mid 20's, loads of players in the prem randomly had work permit issues, even ones who didn't need a work permit. I solved it for my team by offering my players who had the problem new contracts, but the other teams still had it.

Hi Trekman,

As in the original post, im playing as Aston V, but used FMRTE to swap Pato with someone crap in Celtic's reserves. It seems to have then caused some problems with work permits for their whole team in the process!

Before i did this, i also noticed some scottish players in English clubs with WP next to their name - that surely cant be right either.

Dudload

You may have tried to alter a nation using FMRTE, this will cause that nation to loose their "EU Status" within the game, therefore requiring work permits

thanks DeadZone, I can't remember trying to alter Scotland itself, but it might be something to do with it! Is it possible to re-edit to get the EU status back? I tried to help Celtic, but it looks like ive ended up screwing over the whole of scotland in the process :D

thanks DeadZone, I can't remember trying to alter Scotland itself, but it might be something to do with it! Is it possible to re-edit to get the EU status back? I tried to help Celtic, but it looks like ive ended up screwing over the whole of scotland in the process :D

If it is something caused by FMRTE, then no, there is nothing that can be done, since the nation editing screen on FMRTE is broken

Of course, it is always possible FMRTE has nothing to do with it

Archived