+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Player duties vs. tactic

Amateur

Default Player duties vs. tactic

Quick question. I'm confused about player roles vs. position/tactic role. For example, if my central defender is best suited as playing limited defender with defend duty, but in my backline it's preferable that i play as cover/stopper combo, how do i go about resolving this problem? Do i play my player at his best suited role or do i ignore his best role for the suitability of the tactic. Thank You for any info you may be able to provide me.

Banned

Default Re: Player duties vs. tactic

Thats the problem with management. Youve described the two possible ways of picking a team - players to fit a formation, or a formation to fit the players. Its just whatever you feel comfortable with/ will win you the most games.

Amateur

Ya, but if i put all my players in their "prefered" roles/duties then i'm affraid my tactic/formation is going to be out of whack.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Aquaplex View Post
    Ya, but if i put all my players in their "prefered" roles/duties then i'm affraid my tactic/formation is going to be out of whack.
    That's pretty much the core dilemma of the game.

I try to have my BEST players in roles that exploit them, then build the rest of the team around that, with a strong bias towards 4-3-3.

+ Reply to Thread