Unable to discipline player

One of my players has come out repeatedly in the press saying dislikes me and wants to leave. I think this is completely unprofessional and unacceptable and want to fine him, but I'm not able to. Is this right? In the old days you could fine whoever, whenever.

I hope that this will be changed in the next seasons version.

I am actually happy this has happened and that you (and I) cannot fine the player.

This is the game's way of telling you that fining him for unporfessional behaviour in this situation would not be recognized by the player. In the old days, you would fine him, he would get mad for you fining him without reason, half your team would get upset, and then you would get mad at the game.

I think the things that players can be fined for should probably be expanded, but I am glad it is currently limited to the times when the player will recognize what the fine is for.

Wasn't there a version where you could also "Release media" or something?

I remember after a few good games in a row (like 7+ rating), I'd release a press comment about how great the player was... never really used it for anything else, but I'd love to have that back, and have the option to criticize the player in these circunstances.

Yes, it's equally unprofessional (if not more so) but should be fun to see the mud tossing in the news :D

I am actually happy this has happened and that you (and I) cannot fine the player.

This is the game's way of telling you that fining him for unporfessional behaviour in this situation would not be recognized by the player. In the old days, you would fine him, he would get mad for you fining him without reason, half your team would get upset, and then you would get mad at the game.

I think the things that players can be fined for should probably be expanded, but I am glad it is currently limited to the times when the player will recognize what the fine is for.

If it was implemented badly it doesn't mean it shouldn't be implemented at all.

I personally think it should be stuck in - if the player is unreasonable then your squad should recognise that it's his fault not yours, unless of course your whole squad is unreasonable or you are being unreasonable

Obviously, IRL it's unlikely a manager wouldn't at least have a private word with the player.

I had a player recently who took offence to be left out of the Euro Cup squad and I've already arranged to sell him in January. Every month, like clockwork, he hates me and wants to leave.

1) I hate you, too.

2) You ARE leaving, dumbass.

3) Shut up.

It would make me feel better.

Wasn't there a version where you could also "Release media" or something?

I remember after a few good games in a row (like 7+ rating), I'd release a press comment about how great the player was... never really used it for anything else, but I'd love to have that back, and have the option to criticize the player in these circunstances.

Yes, it's equally unprofessional (if not more so) but should be fun to see the mud tossing in the news :D

It is still there in the players interaction menu i am pretty sure. you can say he is great/good/average/poor/utterly useless.

It is still there in the players interaction menu i am pretty sure. you can say he is great/good/average/poor/utterly useless.

You're right :o Thanks.

You can tell I've been away from this game a while :D

If it was implemented badly it doesn't mean it shouldn't be implemented at all.

I personally think it should be stuck in - if the player is unreasonable then your squad should recognise that it's his fault not yours, unless of course your whole squad is unreasonable or you are being unreasonable

It's not that it was implemented badly, it wasn't implemented at all.

In real life the player's would recognize that it's his fault, but the game is not coded to recognize it. Thus, if the option was there, you would be disciplining a player that honestly believes he has not done anything wrong. The team honestly belives this as well. Thus, in the old versions you were dicliplining a player and then getting frustrated that the game didn't recognize why you were doing it.

I much prefer this way such that I don't upset the entire team trying to do something that the game has not incoporated.

I dunno really, some players can be thought of as unreasonable - true prima donnas, if you like, who never believe they are wrong. The team just has to know when the discipline is justified better.

I have had a couple of issues with the player thinking that he should be a regular first team player and has come out and pretty much said he wanted to go and wasn't happy. As a way of "punishing" the player I have immediately transfer listed him and said that he can go. The next thing that has always happened is that the player has come out and publicly appologised for his "demand" and said he was wrong to come out and say what he said :D I have players that are not in my immediate first team plans (as every manager will have in their team) and if they come out with things like this it always seems to work when you call their bluff so to say or keep them in the reserves :thup: In a way it's good that you can't fine them for things like this as there's always a way to show the player who's boss rather than just do the simple thing and fine him :p

I think you should be able to fine the player if you wanted to.

I don't like the fact that the game tells me when i can fine players for selected reasons.

I'm supposed to be the manager, i call the shots.

If i want to fine someone just for the hell of it, then i should be able to do so. If it's a good or bad idea to actually do it, is a completely different thing

Archived