Genie Scout

So how many of you actually use this to find real gems in your game? Why do you use it? Don't you feel more successful finding a player on your own or do you just prefer this to see how players will end up in their career?

unfortunately its got me by the ****....and has ruined my gaming experience..ish!! on the other hand i get to enjoy producing good talent. although they have a good potential its up to me to train them properly and play them properly to make them good!!

the devil is going to be deleted off my computer as i love searching for young talent!!!

I use it. It does make the game a lot easier, which I like, but also it means I can play much faster, as proper shouting for players takes ages. It would take far too long for me to play without it. I get a lot of enjoyment from developing young talent, so using Genie Scout doesn't hurt my game experience.

Each to their own. :thup:

Used it a few times, in 2007 and 2008, because I tried to convince myself that... "well, I clearly don't have the same amount of study/talent/know-how of real life football managers, so I'm entitled to have some sort of edge to counter that". But then I realized I already have an edge by having numerical stats in-game.

I mean, Mourinho doesn't look at a player running and says "that's an 18 Pace, right there", surely.

So, atm, I don't think I'll ever use it again. Still, if future versions of the game become harder to be successful, then I'll go back to using it... I play for fun, not to feel frustrated, so I'll always look for the right amount of challenge without losing the fun factor.

Problem I found when I used to use it in previous versions

I was buying far too many talents, meaning I couldn't train them all up causing them to rot and not develop

Of course, the biggest problem I'm seeing, is far too many Genie users are taking what it says as gospel with it's ratings, where outside of the current hard stats, everything else is Eugene's opinion

I do remember a small disagreement about free attributes not far back where someone's only proof for his side of the argument was genie... and stated that was all the proof he needed

I mean, Mourinho doesn't look at a player running and says "that's an 18 Pace, right there", surely.

Mourinho doesn't sit at his computer and manage Inter. There are some things you just can't compare.

Problem I found when I used to use it in previous versions

I was buying far too many talents, meaning I couldn't train them all up causing them to rot and not develop

Of course, the biggest problem I'm seeing, is far too many Genie users are taking what it says as gospel with it's ratings, where outside of the current hard stats, everything else is Eugene's opinion

I do remember a small disagreement about free attributes not far back where someone's only proof for his side of the argument was genie... and stated that was all the proof he needed

That's true. The Scout Ratings could use some work.

I don't use the scouting functions, but I do sometimes load it up to have a look at my own players. Nice to know which ones are worth focusing on developing. And which of those supposedly massive potential youngsters I've bought will turn out to be a waste of money cos my scouts are idiots... :p

That's true. The Scout Ratings could use some work.

I agree, often I found the ratings of your ass man/scouts to be misleading. In my Southampton save my ass man constantly rated Carlos Vela as being better than Oscar Cardozo (which might be true if you only look at CA/PA) - yet I played Cardozo he won Euro Striker of the Year/English Footballer of the Year/English Premier Division Top Scorer/European Golden Boot all in the same year, there is certainly something lacking in the rating system.

Another example would be with my DC Sergiy Kryvtsov, who performs far better than Andrea Esposito (despite significantly less CA/PA) - because even though he has less stats to use, he has them in the right places for his position. It just shows that CA/PA and scout ratings are only part of the story.

What actually does Genie Scout do? Maybe I shouldn't put it down when I don't even know what it does.

At a very basic level it let's you search/filter by CA/PA or some defined % ratings which are governed by attribute weightings for positions determined by the developer.

It also allows the finding of a reasonable sale vale estimate for players, and allows the searching of staff by coaching rating (e.g. 5* fitness etc.)

@LT1991

Despite how everyone dresses it up, it's simply a cheat tool that allows you to view EVERY stat for every player

So you can see hidden stats, CA, PA, the value it's club will accept for a transfer, and allows you to search the entire active player database for any players matching what you want

If anything, it makes the game easier because when used as your primary scouting tool you know which players to buy that will make a difference, either straight away or in the future

There is also FMRTE, the only real difference, FMRTE allows you to edit things as well

Archived