Media & player interaction

I was expecting a little more media and player interaction within the game..i've had a player unhappy because of lack of first team football but found it frustrating that I couldn't communicate with him. Also there seems to be no other interactivity, like a star player gets a long term injury I would like to be able to be asked about it by the media. No comments from other managers and the ability to respond.

At the moment the game is good but it does feel like i'm plodding along with my team and that i'm not realyl having much of an impact/involvement. No feeling of "what is going to happen next".

In future updates/releases PLEASE include some interactivity...this ads more depth to the game than ANY other feature that is missing.

I appreciate that the handheld version is scaled down and is designed for quick bursts of play but the interactivity is, to me, one of the best parts of the FM series.

I was expecting a little more media and player interaction within the game..i've had a player unhappy because of lack of first team football but found it frustrating that I couldn't communicate with him. Also there seems to be no other interactivity, like a star player gets a long term injury I would like to be able to be asked about it by the media. No comments from other managers and the ability to respond.

At the moment the game is good but it does feel like i'm plodding along with my team and that i'm not realyl having much of an impact/involvement. No feeling of "what is going to happen next".

In future updates/releases PLEASE include some interactivity...this ads more depth to the game than ANY other feature that is missing.

I appreciate that the handheld version is scaled down and is designed for quick bursts of play but the interactivity is, to me, one of the best parts of the FM series.

I agree that maybe the game does need some more interaction, however, the aim of this game was to get something basic and a good building ground. Also, SI were aiming for old school style game, similar to CM3 series.

You say that you're "plodding along," are you winning every game? I doubt that you are and in that case, you should be able to get involved to try and win every match.

• SI Staff

The main thing we aimed for with this first version is a game which is realistic and fun and also importantly quick to pickup and play in small blasts.

We'll be listening to everyones feedback and using it to guide the games evolution for the next version.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc Vaughan:

The main thing we aimed for with this first version is a game which is realistic and fun and also importantly quick to pickup and play in small blasts.

We'll be listening to everyones feedback and using it to guide the games evolution for the next version. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it is amazing that the game makers/creators run this board and offer feedback. No wonder the FM games are so brill.

I feel bad about whinging about the(lack of) media now.....

No problem at all Kevin. We want to hear what what you like and dislike about our games so we can focus on improving the right areas for future versions. The first version was very much getting ourselves familiar with the PSP architecture as well, and now that we're comfortable with it we'll be as ambitious as we can be in the future.

i totally agree with this post and my topic "what am i doing" is also about the same thing.

i am top of league 1 with bristol city yet i am not happy with it as i dont think ive done anything to get top :s ive not bought anyone in or anything really.

nevermind though because the pc version is for depth, the psp version is for quick games.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Graeme Kelly:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ntfc:

hey you guys in the office?,or day off? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Day off icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then shouldn't you be stuffing your face with easter eggs than posting on here?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Graeme Kelly:

Waiting for a lift to the pub - back home in Scotland for the weekend; I'm supposed to be fixing my Dad's PC. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fair enough, well, have a pint on me for creating this cracking game and I'll send the cheque later icon_smile.gif

I seem to fix stuff for my folks too so best 'o luck icon_wink.gif

• SI Staff

I don't have a PSP. I've played the game to death on a PC though. Had a great game as Wigan during development but I ended up breaking saved games to fix some database issues so it won't load any more. Too busy now back on EHM to be playing games anyway!

Archived