What do you think about FM10?

What do you think about FM10?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about FM10?

• It is perfect!
    • It is good, i enjoy it! (enjoy game, but there is that nagging bug)
    • Meh! Whatever (enjoy it, but got bored very quickly)
    • I didn't like it!
    • It the worst game ever!

Hi guys.

I thought that since there is at least two threads about suggestions, I saw there is none with poll where people vote what they think about FM10 after patch 10.3 was released.

The idea is not bash how things are bad in FM, but more like a feedback from us the users, so that is way that help SI, to deliver a more exiting, entertaining FM11.

I would like to request that people that vote state here, any likes or dislikes about FM10, to give more idea to SI.

Grade

PS: A warning, if anyone comes here to cash or troll, I will report to moderators about you, so please keep it civil.

PS": I start. I ebnjoy the game, but I got bored very quickly, because there is few things like Press Conferences, Team Talk and the overall organization of User interface is too confusing.

Almost perfect for me but a few things that could be better. I do think FM10 is the best in the series so far and the closest to perfect. However, I still have certain things that I would like to see improved in the game, as follows:

1) Teams talks would be number 1 on the list. Sometimes the team talks can feel a bit like a 'you win' or 'you lose' button. The options often don't do what they seem to indicate that they do and I find the whole system very frustrating and quite shallow too as it currently stands.

2) There needs to be some major work in both TC and ME areas:

a) The TC settings are flawed in some cases, especially when moving away from the more common formations involving four at the back.

b) Certain formations/systems do not work as I would like them to in the match engine. The diamond formation (4-1-2-1-2, 4-1-3-2, 4-3-1-2), for instance, needs some serious work in the ME. I'm not at all happy with the way that the midfield functions in these formations, especially the narrow diamond with DM and AM. The MCs are far too narrow and the formation relies too much on the forwards to get wide in the ME. In general, though, it should be pointed out that the TC and ME deal with the most common/popular formations very well. 4-4-2 and 4-5-1 variations are pretty much spot on (bar a few chances in TC logic which would further improve things).

3) I would really like to see various improvements in the way that the game represents the lower leagues, especially non-League football.

In addition to the above, there are other little frustrations here and there. Some of them have been there for several versions and so it becomes a disappointment to find that they are still present.

Having said that, I'm hugely enjoying FM10 and I do think it really is the best version yet. To be absolutely honest, for me there has to be some major improvement to FM11 or otherwise I will keep playing this version for another year. This is because I get a little fed up of moving to a new version only to find that certain things that really need the work haven't changed for yet another version (one example would be that the team talks and reactions have barely altered since FM08; or that training hasn't changed since the beginning of time!)

So, in conclusion, I picked option 2. Miles better than FM09 and a return to form for the series. I really enjoy the game but there is still quite a bit of room for improvement in my view.

Not quite perfect but in terms of sheer size, variety and addictiveness, pretty close.

Thing I would get rid of totally: press conferences

Thing that really gets on my nerves: Fan's confidence.

Thing that could do with a little work: Training, kinda dull and technical at the moment.

likes: just about everything else. Yes, including the 3-D ME and transfers.

I enjoy the odd match here and there. I'm sure there's plenty of bugs but most of them are in the same bracket as 'the number 23', that is; you'll see them all the time when you're intentionally looking for them.

If the match graphics were comparable to that of the most recent football games (like Pro Evo and FIFA) then I'd probably hibernate in my computer room with it. It's really only the match itself that prevents me from rating the game as perfect.

I would have voted but I did not feel there was an appropriate option - nothing is perfect nor can it be so I did not go for that and there is a big difference between good and perfect! So I'm somewhere in between - very good game indeed! :D

Actually I voted for good!

Love the game. But of course there are a few things that could've been a lot better.

They're mostly stuff mentioned above, like teamtalks, confidence, press conference and training.

Can't remember last version i touched the training.

Teamtalks are just confusing. They seem like they're win or lose buttons. Think someone else mentioned that earlier here.

Fan confidence is weird. Kinda frustrating being a lower league team, playing one hell of a game, considering the opposition and the circumstances, and get flamed for losing 1-0 away.

Press conference......yeah.

There are a lots of other tiny stuff as well, but i don't really count them. Nothing is perfect.

But like i said. I love the game. This is the version i've enjoyed the most since CM01/02. And that was/is (tight race between that and FM10) my all-time favourite game/version.

It's the best since FM07.

What I like:

- long-term games playability because of the great regens popping up every year

- tutoring option is great and developing youngsters and turning into world-class players is my favorite part of the game

- the match engine is the best since FM07

What I don't like:

- press conference are just AWFUL. I want a little more variation on this. Too repetitive

- the new tactic creator and player roles. Hate it. I'm still using the clasic tactic wizard and still having great succes. I want the game to be simple and fun, not that complicated.

So, in conclusion, I picked option 2. Miles better than FM09 and a return to form for the series. I really enjoy the game but there is still quite a bit of room for improvement in my view.

Although I liked FM09 I do think FM10 is a huge forward step, and like Crouch I think there is still huge scope for improvement/additions.

-Press conferences are too repetitive, let's be honest the only times we care IRL about press conferences it's normally only before the big matches(derbys,etc) and that's the only matches that should have press conferences.

I've got to say that I disagree with this.

I don't know about anyone else but I'm always keen to listen to any press releases from my club's manager in real life. They are pretty repetitive but then football is a repetitive game with the same kinds of questions, answers, stories etc. attached to it.

I do think that the press conference questions could be worked on and improved though. In some cases, the questions don't make a lot of sense in the context and the answers even less so.

I also like to hear what my temas manager has to say before the game, normally the day before.

In the game I tend to only do them when I really want to bollock my team or praise them, the rest of them I send my assistant manager, so Im guessing I agree with the above posts there could be some improvement on them

I am more or less in agreement with "C" and SFraser. I would like the formations/tactics in the "tactics creator" be improved., especially the 4-1-3-2 and sweeper systems. For instance, in the 4-1-3-2 system the DMC seems to float around all over. The sweeper in the sweeper system seems to be just another CD. I am not sure that this may be due to the "alleged" problem with the cover position for the CDs.

I would like to see something that I advocated in 2005. That the coaches to be given dedicated attributes, thus. The goalkeeping coach's attributes to be something like this. Handling, Positioning, Control of the area etc. These would be given ratings out of 20, instead of the one current GK attribute. You can work out for yourselves a similar system for the defensive, midfield and attacking coaches. Also, what about a sports psychologist? These are now employed within the game IRL. I have ideas for more but these will suffice for now. Kind regards.

Personally I like the new way the tactics are set up. Having a quick option to set a midfielder as defending or attacking works for me, I always tinker with them slightly but its a nice gentle way of getting into the game and getting a good base tactic to work from

To add my two cents here...

I think one of the areas for a potential big leap forward is the variety in tactical set-ups the AI uses at kick-off time. Should SI realise more variety in formations, playing mentality and style here, then the real battle on the pitch would commence.

Imagine asymmetric, seemingly out-of-shape formations battling it out on the pitch... What a challenge that would add!

And what reality too! Just check sites like zonalmarking.net and see that the regular 4-4-2 etc are not as common sense IRL as in FM...

I wish there was a button in Preferences that would disable Press Conferences altogether. Hate doing them, and when the only other option is having my assistant manager do them when there's the potential to upset morale and form, then I feel like I have no choice but be forced to do them.

-Press conferences are too repetitive, let's be honest the only times we care IRL about press conferences it's normally only before the big matches(derbys,etc) and that's the only matches that should have press conferences.

As Crouch has said, this is nonsense. I listen or read every single press conference that 'Arry does and most of the other teams as well.

I wish there was a button in Preferences that would disable Press Conferences altogether. Hate doing them, and when the only other option is having my assistant manager do them when there's the potential to upset morale and form, then I feel like I have no choice but be forced to do them.

This kind of follows on from the above. Press conferences must stay they are a part of the managers job.

Yes they need improving, but removing, no.

For the record I voted good, but in all honesty its almost perfect. It really is just the media/team talks that need sorting.

Don't care about 3d so not bothered if that gets better or not.

Development of the TC along the lines of what Crouch said would be nice.

:thup:

Fine, some people care about the press conferences, yet the way they are implemented on FM it's too repetitive and they get boring after a week.. i think we can all agree on that.

Yes but thats not what you said.

I said that they needed improvement which was very different to your point of no one cares about them in real life.

1. Selling players should be easier,I have previously been unable to sell Ochoa who was the 3rd best keeper in the world. Can't sell Gomis currently even though he is a good striker.

2. team talks

Archived