1. Official FML website - footballmanagerlive.com
  2. Contacting support : support.footballmanagerlive.com
  3. Online manual : manual.footballmanagerlive.com

Thread: Gameworld notifications

Hybrid View

Amateur

Default Gameworld notifications

Hey all i signed up to start playing this game... and wanted to join the returning stars gameworlds, so i signe dup to get a notification when room is free. i got an email this morning and straight away came to the website, but its not not letting me, it says only 28 spaces left but still says no room for the returning stars gameworlds?

Im a little confussed on how on earth am i meant to sign up to play, and why the email said i can today yet the website wont let me lol

Thanks for the help if i get any

Lee

Part-Timer

Default Re: Gameworld notifications

28 places is for fantasy you can only join the alert list for returning stars im afraid at the moment

Amateur

Hi, the same it's happening to me. I was sad because I read the mail when I woke up (at 5.30 AM in Argentina) and I thought that all the spots were already taken. But I then saw that there were 28 spaces available.
    The matter is that I can't use them, as when I want to register they send me an email saying that I'm on the alert list :S

Sorry for my english, I hope you can understand it.

Lucio.

Amateur

Your english was very good.. alot better than my argentian would have been.. I wont try

Am sure a moderator will post on here and try to explain what the hell is going on for you guys, once they notice the thread

Amateur

Yes I got the same email while I was at college, got home expecting I could join the returning stars world because that is the one I went on the alert list for to find that their are no spaces!!!!!! whats going on?!

Part-Timer

Maybe they should say on the website how many spaces there is for returning stars and how many for fantasy

Amateur

I dont think their are any for returning stars... or am I getting the wrong idea.

Part-Timer

yeah alex you are correct

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

leeutd, please create a Support ticket on the FML website and PM the number to me or post it here.

I don't know if you can be helped atm but if it's possible it will be done.

Amateur

pm you what number? slightly even more confussed now lol

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by leeutd View Post
    pm you what number? slightly even more confussed now lol
    Log in to the Support section of the FML website, you'll see the option to create a ticket, do so it will have a number.

Amateur

Oh ok my bad had no idea lol

Iv made a ticket and this is the i.d it gave me - VUW-875882

Amateur

Same here I put myself on the alert list for returning stars yesterday and got an email too this morning saying there's spaces available, yet when I sign in just now its still only got the option to add to alert list under returning stars. So what exactly was the point of the email if there's no spaces yet?

Amateur

No news then i take it? lol

Amateur

Talking Re: Gameworld notifications

KRISS will get back to you.. but unfortunately they have to sleep aswelll...
    give them pills and matchsticks for their eyes.. I say!!

GW's are close to full I believe so it's one out one in, but spaces do appear all the time so just hang in there.

Amateur

Thanks for the help kriss..

As for waiting, i'l try but i doubt il bother... would of figured FML would of made way much more worlds for the many people joining... but also understand it would take work and man power for that but meh ic ame i tried to join and give my hard earn fiver lol (soo wanted the pennie change :P )

Maybe one day il return and experience the FML world...

Thanks again for the fast reply and help...

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Kriss View Post
    GW's are close to full I believe so it's one out one in, but spaces do appear all the time so just hang in there.
    I gathered that, but when I get an email saying there's 200+ spaces and then proceed to log in and be greeted with being put on the same alert list, just what exactly was the point in sending me an email saying there's space when there clearly isn't? That's just a waste of my time.

Amateur

Here's my status. I want to play in a Fantasy gameworld, but it is also important to me that I get into one of the DFA associations - i.e., where the games are scheduled for exact times, whether the two managers are online or not (I personally don't like trying to schedule things myself). Will I be given the choice to be in a DFA-type association? I really want to know before making any payments. Thanks if anyone can help.
    Last edited by Ancientheretic; 02-05-2010 at 02:47.

Amateur

I've been trying to get a place for over a month now, this is a nightmare.

Part-Timer

Im in the game, but I can understand your frustration.

SI REALLY need to get these guys out of limbo, and start a more stuctured joining GW process.. the way it is now sounds like everyones joining a mailing list and when a spot becomes available SI mail everyone and it becomes a dash to join irrelevant of how long someones been waiting.

To correct this, give these guys some information on where they are in a queue system. When a space becomes available the person at the top of the list gets a mail inviting them in, they then get 24 hours to join or refuse. If they refuse they are taken off the list as someone who has lost interest and the next person is mailed.

If they fail to respond they move onto a "standing" list where they are not included in the queue. SI should then auto mail them once per week until they respond again, they can respond whether they are still interested and if they are they are place back at the top of the list.

I have to say 90% of posts are from people waiting who have no idea whats going on, they get an email announcing spots and by the time they get there all spots are gone. Telling them "wait until a spots available, then hope your the lucky one when announced" is just not right and there needs to be some transparency and fairness added.