NEW FM Soundpacks by n0va

Hi guys,

Just to let you guys know i have created my own soundpacks for football manager 2008. I was in the beginning just like everyone else, i hated the origional sounds so i gave furneys a try. Again i was dissapointed by both so i then took matters into my own hands.

I decided instead of coming on forums and moaning about the poor sounds i would create my very own.

Over the past month i have put lots of effort into the soundpacks and i have recorded hundreds of club chants. All of Scotland & England are included (except conference sides). Delije over at FMGLive also provided me with serbian & greek team chants.

I have released TWO soundpacks. One for scotland and one for england. Why? because i hate going scottish teams and hearing english chants or voices and i hate going english teams and hearing scottish voices. You just have to rotate both around depending on the country your playing in.

Here is a taster of both packs features:

The scottish soundpack contains:

<LI>Full English team club chants

<LI>Full Greek club chants

<LI>Full Serbian club chants

<LI>Scottish Premier League club chants

<LI>Irn-Bru First Division club chants

<LI>Irn-Bru Second Division club chants

<LI>Irn-Bru Third Division club chants

<LI>Improved non-specific chants

<LI>'New' added non-specific chants

<LI>'New' whistle sounds

<LI>'New' away team background loop

<LI>'New' Substitution announcement

<LI>'New' Added on time announcement

<LI>'New' booing sounds

<LI>Sportscene 'startup' theme tune

<LI>Plus lots, lots more!

The english soundpack contains:

<LI>Full Scottish team club chants

<LI>Full Greek club chants

<LI>Full Serbian club chants

<LI>Premiership club chants

<LI>Championship club chants

<LI>League One club chants

<LI>League Two club chants

<LI>Improved non-specific chants

<LI>'New' added non-specific chants

<LI>'New' whistle sounds

<LI>'New' away team background loop

<LI>'New' booing sounds

<LI>Match of the day 'startup' theme tune

Please Note: The english pack does not contain the new substitution or added on time sounds. You can easily copy & paste the sounds from the scotland pack into the english pack.

Disclaimer:

The creator of this pack (nova) does not take any responsibility for anything that may happen to your game once you have installed this soundpack. By installing this soundpack, any saved games or files that cannot be recovered or become corrupted after installation you agree that the creator cannot be held responsible.

The user takes full responsibility.

NO REDISTRUBUTING THE SOUNDPACKS WITHOUT PERMISSION.

This soundpack is alot better than any other soundpack available on the internet. I will guarentee it. All sounds do work & play frequently. The non-specific chants & team chants work brilliantly together.

The packs do contain some 'strong language' so do not download if easily offended.

I will always be updating the packs by releasing addons in the future.

WORK IN PROGRESS:

Player Chants Soundpacks!

The player chants will include as many scottish & english players as possible. I will then look at players in other countrys.

Future Ambitions:

I hope to give fm08 gamers a full soundpack that will contain: All clubs in the uk/europe with as many non-specific team chants and a pack with all the player chants. In total 3 soundpacks put into one!

Credit:

Creator: Nova2005

Greek & Serbian Chants: Delije

Testing: Frankie 7

HOWTO DOWNLOAD:

The soundpacks are only available at: www.FMGLive.com/forums

You willbe required to register but its worth it. These files MUST NOT be uploaded to any other website!

Thank You & Enjoy!

Samples coming soon.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a highly detailed readme included in the download. Please download the packs before asking those types of questions.

I have noticed that the FMGLive website is still down at the moment due to maintanence. I will add the links in the first post until the website is fixed.

Originally posted by n0va:

There is a highly detailed readme included in the download. Please download the packs before asking those types of questions.

I have noticed that the FMGLive website is still down at the moment due to maintanence. I will add the links in the first post until the website is fixed.

Okay

Ok,

The FMGLive website is back online. If you would like to add the best ever made soundpacks into your game just goto the:

Backgrounds ect section of the forums.

I hope everyone enjoys the packs.

If you want to suggest future chants to be added in then please do not hesitate.

Thank You.

This soundpack is fantastic. Been using it since Friday and I'm chuffed. icon14.gificon14.gificon14.gificon14.gificon14.gif

Really easy to install too, except some people might not be too sure about the correct path to enter the data folder.

Here it is (for Windows XP) -

My Computer -> C: -> Program Files -> Sports Interactive -> Football Manager 2008 -> data

I mention this because some people might look in their My Documents instead, where there are other FM folders for skins etc.

Thanks for posting that advice gaffovski.

It would be good if i could get more feedback from people around the fm communitys.

I do understand that since i only made this pack for FMG because i love the site and wont allow the links to appear anywhere that it may put some people off downloading the packs.

Its worth it tho.

Give feedback!

Work has now started on my new project:

Player Chants Soundpack!

I have collected 76+ player chants in the last 4 hours. Still lots of work to do but i am trying for a wednesday/thursday release.

The soundpack will contain player chants from the whole of the united kingdom. I will possibly do a forgein pack in the future.

The player chants soundpack will be a huge 400MB+ download expansion for my club/non-specific chants soundpack.

I've been using these for a day now and I'm pleased to say they're growing on me. I've never bothered to use a soundpack before but I liked the idea of hearing the fans so I gave it a go.

There's just a few points I wanted to know if you could address Nova:

1. I've noticed there are a few sounds that seem to get stuck in a loop. One is a kind of Mexican wave/cheer sound and the other is something I can't describe. I often find the only way to stop them is to move away from the match engine to stop the sound. They have become quite annoying at times.

2. Corners seem to take an age since I have downloaded your soundpacks. Is there a reason for this that is to do with the soundpack, such as a sound playing that is causing the match engine to show the players running from one corner to the other? Whereas prior to installation the match engine would 'warp' a player to the corner flag, it now does not.

I'm currently hoping that with more games these two issues will be rectified (after reading something about it taking 10 games to sort itself out), but I thought I would bring it up in the hope that you could answer my queries. It's not a complaint, as you've done a great deal of good work, just a query.

3. And finally, are AFC Bournemouth chants included? I read in one place that all league 1 chants were in but the read me said that a few league 1 chants were missing.

If they are in do you think you could let me know what soundfile number they are as I haven't recognised anything yet?

Thanks.

Originally posted by Matt6:

When is the Match of the day theme meant to play? Because i haven't heard it yet.

It plays when the game is loading up...not the saved game but the start screens that take you up to the game menu.

Originally posted by anagain:

1. I've noticed there are a few sounds that seem to get stuck in a loop. One is a kind of Mexican wave/cheer sound and the other is something I can't describe. I often find the only way to stop them is to move away from the match engine to stop the sound. They have become quite annoying at times.

I think that unidentified repeating sound may be FM_getintothem on a loop. It played most of the first half of the match I just had but was absent through the second half. Only thing different about the two halfs was that I was on top most of the first.

It was getting very annoying at one point.

Originally posted by Matt6:

Is that any english league? or just the prem? because im playing with qpr in the championship and havent heard it yet.

Any game. It plays when you have just inserted the FM disk and are loading the entire game up.

Hi!

Can anyone give their opinion on which is better, this or Furney`s (which I am currently using). Are people having problems with the time delays on corners/stuck chants, or it sorted now.

Interested to know what people think!

Originally posted by PaulB75:

Hi!

Can anyone give their opinion on which is better, this or Furney`s (which I am currently using). Are people having problems with the time delays on corners/stuck chants, or it sorted now.

Well I can't speak for anyone else but as you can see above I am. I'm really quite impressed with majority of the soundpack but these few small niggles are infuriating.

I think I'm going to read through the original forum thread to see a wider opinion.

Originally posted by PaulB75:

Hi!

Furney's was great but this one is the best now. I'm not having any problems with corners or anything. My only guess is it could have something to do with each computer's speed/performance.

When the ref calls a player to him after committing a foul, the crowd start chanting "off! off! off!". It's brilliant lol.

About the music playing when you start FM up - the only thing I noticed is that it's a little low (volume-wise) compared to the rest of the sounds, and I have to turn my speakers up a bit to hear it. But it's definitely there.

It's improved the experience of playing FM by miles.

I just read the read me file again and it appears I must have blanked out the bit where he said about the coding problem with the file loops (I did read the file before I installed).

I'll have to live with it.

It is a good sound pack, though I can't compare with Furney's as I've never tried it.

Originally posted by PaulHartman71:

I have saved it to the data part of my FM08 folder, not the my documents one, the program files one. I wasn't sure where too, so I saved it both at the main data folder, and as well in the sound bit. I still havent heard any sounds, what am I doing wrong?

Okay, when you have "saved it to", describe what you did, step by step, no matter how obvious it may sound to you. All the way from downloading to ending what you thought was the installation process.

Originally posted by The Gaffovski:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PaulHartman71:

I have saved it to the data part of my FM08 folder, not the my documents one, the program files one. I wasn't sure where too, so I saved it both at the main data folder, and as well in the sound bit. I still havent heard any sounds, what am I doing wrong?

Okay, downloaded it to my documents (just in the my documents) as the program files doesn't show up when saving something. Once finished downloading, cut it from my documents to the data folder, then copied it and put the copied version in the subfolder, sounds.

Okay, when you have "saved it to", describe what you did, step by step, no matter how obvious it may sound to you. All the way from downloading to ending what you thought was the installation process. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Originally posted by The Gaffovski:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PaulHartman71:

Okay, when you have "saved it to", describe what you did, step by step, no matter how obvious it may sound to you. All the way from downloading to ending what you thought was the installation process. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay, downloaded it to my documents (just in the my documents) as the program files doesn't show up when saving something. Once finished downloading, cut it from my documents to the data folder, then copied it and put the copied version in the subfolder, sounds.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Gaffovski:

Okay, downloaded it to my documents (just in the my documents) as the program files doesn't show up when saving something. Once finished downloading, cut it from my documents to the data folder, then copied it and put the copied version in the subfolder, sounds. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you Paul. Now please confirm you did NOT extract the compressed file. I haven't seen you mention that bit so I guess you haven't, but please confirm to be sure.

Repling to above threads:

The Loop[/]: I dont know howto get rid of it at the moment. I have noticed the fm_getintothem chant loops and is annoying. I come out of the match and go back in...problem fixed. If you want to risk it then delete that soundfile from the sounds folder.

The Corner[/]: It has nothing to do with the soundpack. I dont experience it at all to be honest with you. It could be your pc speed? Try when corners are awarded to speed up the highlights until he is about to kick it.

Bournemouth Chant[/]: Unfortunately they were one of the teams i could not find a chant for. I might be releasing an alternative soundpack with the missing teams in it but i need to find the chants tho.

TEL123: Contact an admin on the site via PM. They will help you i am sure.

QPR Chant[/]: All chants take a while to regsiter in the game. Once you hear it once it will become more frequent. The QPR chant is there. Be patient.

PaulHartman: I think i made the readme straight forward. Extract to desktop then open the data folder and remove the sounds folder & match events folder that is already there to a backup location. Now put the NEW sounds folder & match events folder in their place.

Simple as pie.

I am sorry if you guys find a loop but its the same with furneys...just my pack is better. I will still try to release fixes and updates tho icon_biggrin.gif

Recommend: I recommend that people also download the scotland pack. It has new substitution and added on time sounds. You can copy these into the english sounds folder. The file names are FM_applaudoff & FM_added_on_time.

They add to the realism of the packs.

If you are going to post up bugs about the packs then please post up good points aswell!

Thank You.

Could an admin please fix the bold errors.

I should have said aswell: Make sure you have match speed and highlight speed at halfway or less. Also use extended highlights for more chance of your chants playing.

I should have said aswell: Make sure you have match speed and highlight speed at halfway or less. Also use extended highlights for more chance of your chants playing.

Yeah, people should definitely try that if it doesn't work for them otherwise. But just for the record, I'm playing match speed on full, and key highlights on one click above halfway, and it works perfect. icon14.gif

Okay, I have moved away the original sounds and match events folders, but I don't know how to get the NEW ones. All I have atm is something callde 'England Soundpack' which when I try opening in notepad, Notepad crashes

You are trying to open the download using notepad? LOL. You need to download a program called winrar. Just google it. Install that and then you can extract the file from the download mate. Once exracted you have the england soundpack folder, inside is the 2 folders you need to put in the data folder. Sounds & Match Events!

Okay, I have moved away the original sounds and match events folders, but I don't know how to get the NEW ones. All I have atm is something callde 'England Soundpack' which when I try opening in notepad, Notepad crashes

Okay Paul, now you need to EXTRACT that compressed folder called English Soundpack. And for the future, it is always best to download things to your Desktop first.

To extract, you need a special program which your computer might or might not already have. So try right-clicking on the English Soundpack icon and see if you have any option similar to this - "Extract using/ Extract to".

If you do not, you need to download a program such as Jzip (this one is free, there are others but that's the one I use and it's been working great ever since installing it). Having a program like this will come in handy because most downloads for FM are compressed and you will need it to extract them.

Once you have your program installed, try right-clicking the English Soundpack icon again, and you should now see the option to extract.

Extract to folder of same name, or to desktop. It depends on the program. Jzip has "extract to folder of same name".

Then a new folder will appear, called English Soundpack, and this is the folder you need to work with. Open it and read the Readme, and follow the simple instructions. You already know where the "data" folder is, and have already removed the two original folders you need to remove, from it, so you just need to drop the two new folders into the "data". That's it.

If you have any more questions, ask. icon14.gif I'm keeping an eye on this thread.

i think n0vas efforts are good but the boasting about the best pack is abit ott to be honest

my pack was never relaly about the amount of player chants or team chants

it was about the general chants, i had all the major chants required without making the pack really large

we both have the same problems with the looping

i spend alot of time on mine over the 4years, layering chants, and fading each one out and in so you didnt get any random sudden cut offs

to be honest, its upto the people who thinks its best, im pleased your getting chants for each team, but i dont think its worth the effort for the amount of people who will download it

Full Serbian club chants?

Irn-Bru Third Division club chants?

I aint going to get into a dispute with you but at the end of the day, 4 years and the amount you came up with?

I didnt have the time to simply fade-in & fade-out the chants but i will be doing so for my player chants soundpacks. I will look into the chants that need sorted in the future when i have the time and release an update.

Its not about popularity and amount of people who download it. Its about ME and my personal use. I was fed-up with the poor quality on offer and the lack of atmosphere in-game. So i decide to make my own soundpacks mainly for my use but if others liked it then that is a bonus. I have spent lots of hours over the past month editing/locating/converting and testing the chants to make sure they at least come on.

You pack is good. With a little more effort you could have done a whole lot better. I was not looking for a simple new default soundpack but for something atmospheric. I have now created & implemented it into the game and i am happy.

For the Serbian Chants i have a friend on FMG who plays those leagues and he found the chants for me to record ect. I do help friends out with what they request.

Also the scottish teams. I am scottish so i play scottish leagues. I also like to hear team chants if i meet them in cup games. It adds that little bit extra to the 'cup day' atmosphere.

Again its not about the downloads. I make it for myself and let others have it. If they like it then i am happy. I will still help people who need it.

Thanks for your post.

I can honestly say that this is the best pack i have tried on fm. It works for a start and all the chants are excellent as well as funny at times.

Ok so the sound suddenly chops off but this can be sorted out and i think Nova will sort this out as so far the job thats been done is great.

A must download and good to see for a change chants not all about just one league. Well done on this pack and cannot wait for future developments. icon14.gif

I aint going to get into a dispute with you but at the end of the day, 4 years and the amount you came up with?

Come on Nova, that's not really in the spirit of things here is it? 'I'm not going to get into a dispute...but is that all you did in 4 years?' is essentially what that says.

Furney has worked hard on his sound pack and comments like that are not called for.

My apologies if it is just badly typed but with the question mark it sounds very much like a dig.

Can't you both agree to accept each other's efforts? You both have done a lot of excellent work and a great many people will be thankful of the time you have put into your soundpacks. There's no need to get into a dispute.

It sounds worse than i meant it.

My apologys i didnt mean it in that way. I meant that he has worked on his soundpacks for 4yrs but i worked on mine for 1 month and have hundreds more chants added in.

What i meant was a little more dedicated work and his pack could have been alot better meaning i wouldnt have had to make my own lol.

Sorry again.

Contact an admin. Whats your username there?

If you are still wanting the links uploaded to another website then i am sorry but its not gona happen.

I made it for FMG and it wouldnt really be for FMG if i give it to other sites.

I am sorry you are having problems. Contact an admin or leave your username on fmg and i will ask someone to look into it.

Progress Report:

I have now collected 176 player chants. These are mainly the premiership, championship and league one. I cannot find any for league two.

Also i am having problems with the scottish chants as their is not many on the net.

Everything is looking good tho for the player chants soundpack.

Archived