+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [iPhone] FMH 2010 bug reporting thread

Sports Interactive Stuart Warren's Avatar

Default [iPhone] FMH 2010 bug reporting thread

Hi all,

Please could you post any bugs or issues - great or small - that you've experienced in the iPhone/iPod Touch version of FMH 2010 in this here thread.

We'll tend to everything reported outside of here but from now on it'd be nice to have everything collated in one place. Please provide as much information as you can with steps to reproduce the bug where possible. For non-gameplay issues, information about your device (model, operating system, whether or not it is jailbroken, other apps running etc) is also very helpful.

Cheers!

Amateur

Default Re: [iPhone] FHM 2010 bug reporting thread

Good idea mate, I would suggest a sticky?

no bugs to report so far witht he update except im able to sign players who it says arent intersted for my brghton team (micael ball, rohan rickets, lauren and izzy irkriepen sp?) to name some, noone bigger than that, but that is a good thing for me i suppose

Amateur

I don't know if this is a bug or intentional - but I have had a few occasions where potential transfers were cancelled because the offer was made on the 2nd last or last day of the transfer window and it didn't get completed on time. In fact I have had no deals going through towards the end of the window.

In the PC/Mac version obviously it was possible for a deal to be completed within the last day of the window and I wondered if we can have this for the iPhone.

Amateur

I've noticed that when 2d graphics start, sometimes (I would say 2/3 times out of 10) the text freezes, or it shows a player running with the ball just down the wing, and there is nobody within a million miles of him.

Also, it would be handy if the text commentary sometimes included goals - because at the moment it is largely meaningless apart from when it tells you how a player is playing.

I'm also unable to sign players on loan - I would say I've approached 25/30 players from the Premiership who are judged as being "surplus to requirements" by my assistant - and all have been rejected even though I offered the maximum weekly wage possible

Im on iphone 3g with the new update

Amateur

Just got to the start of my second season and as I go to select my team for the first game, I notice that I have 2 players suspended for 1 game after receiving 5 yellow cards.

It may be my ignorance but I thought these bans got wiped at the end of each season?

Amateur

When completing a game, I swiped my index finger right to left across the FT screen (to try and scroll to the stats screen). For some reason this caused the game to abort without saving. Horribly annoying.

Amateur

At the start of the season, in the message telling me the boards expectations , my transfer budget is always misreported if the budget is greater than £10 million, for example this year it said I had £2.8 million, but when I look at the club info page I have £26.5 million, which is a little better for a premiership side it was happening both before and after the update.

Amateur

This is not really a bug. More of a suggestion... but can you PLEASE fix the scouting system?

Fernando Torres went down with a two month injury while managing Liverpool. Naturally I scout strikers to replace him, but every single report I get back from my scouts says, "John Citizen doesn't think Player 1 is good enough to play for Liverpool. He considers Fernando Torres the best striker at the club and Player 1 is well behind that standard."

Well no *****!!! I don't want to replace Torres - I want to buy a support/back up player.

Any possibility of allowing us to give scouts more specific instructions? Otherwise I see no point in having them if they continue to act like robots.

Quote Originally Posted by wyverll View Post
    At the start of the season, in the message telling me the boards expectations , my transfer budget is always misreported if the budget is greater than £10 million, for example this year it said I had £2.8 million, but when I look at the club info page I have £26.5 million, which is a little better for a premiership side it was happening both before and after the update.
    This is something that has been looked at for a future update

Amateur

I'm still getting issues with the 2d match engine even after the update. I started a new game with quick start turned off in the English league with Liverpool. For the first 4-5 games everything was fine. Now quite a lot of the 2d match engine clips are "not working".

When I say "not working" I mean that sometimes the whole pitch just freezes or sometimes all of the players freeze but the ref runs from one part of the pitch to another (usually for corners) then nothing else happens. Other times the player with the ball just runs towards the byline then either stops and does nothing, keeps turning one way then another trying to take on the chasing defender even though the text has already said he's passed the ball to somebody else or runs directly down the byline to the goal line and does nothing. After any of these scenarios the game returns to the text-commentary and sometimes a goal has been scored.

I know it's all a bit vague and I'm not explaining it very well but I guess some information is better than nothing

I'm running the game on a 16GB iPhone 3GS. I currently have about 1GB storage space left. The FMH version is 1.2 and I'm currently in December 2009 on my game with Liverpool.

If you need any more information please let me know.

Amateur

I have spotted an error in the iPhone app. I was playing with Leeds with a 5-3-2 formation against Bristol City in the League Cup. Leigh Bromby was playing at centre half and got sent off on 59 minutes. Bradley Johnson was injured on 60 minutes so when I was making the substitution, I swapped Johnson into Bromby's position and subbed Johnson for a central defender (Patrick Kisnorbo). Then bizarrely, Leigh Bromby scored on 68 minutes, which of course, as we know is impossible.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by JSParker View Post
    I have spotted an error in the iPhone app. I was playing with Leeds with a 5-3-2 formation against Bristol City in the League Cup. Leigh Bromby was playing at centre half and got sent off on 59 minutes. Bradley Johnson was injured on 60 minutes so when I was making the substitution, I swapped Johnson into Bromby's position and subbed Johnson for a central defender (Patrick Kisnorbo). Then bizarrely, Leigh Bromby scored on 68 minutes, which of course, as we know is impossible.
    Good pick up. It's things like this that go to show this is a half baked version that hasn't truly been put through its paces before release.

JSParker, thanks for letting us know about this. It is indeed a little strange. Could you please let me know if the game took you to Tactics for the red card and the injury just once? So the injury and red card effectively occurred at the same time?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by David Milmine View Post
    JSParker, thanks for letting us know about this. It is indeed a little strange. Could you please let me know if the game took you to Tactics for the red card and the injury just once? So the injury and red card effectively occurred at the same time?
    It just took me to the Tactics once, after the injury. The impression I got was that the injury and red card happened at the same time.

In effect, after the substitution Bromby was playing in central midfield and some how the red card 'lost' somehow. It appears the action of swapping the carded player (Bromby) with the injured player (Johnson) cancelled out the red card. However, I did not check to see if the carded player was still 'unavailable' after the substitution. That I do not know.
    Last edited by JSParker; 28-04-2010 at 14:46. Reason: additional information

It just took me to the Tactics once, after the injury. The impression I got was that the injury and red card happened at the same time.

In effect, after the substitution Bromby was playing in central midfield and some how the red card 'lost' somehow. It appears the action of swapping the carded player (Bromby) with the injured player (Johnson) cancelled out the red card. However, I did not check to see if the carded player was still 'unavailable' after the substitution. That I do not know.
    Ok, thank you for responding and for all the information. This is now being reviewed.

Amateur

I have had a number of issues with FMH.

I have been through two penalty shootouts today and for both the replay has not worked. You can see the pitch and the commentary say 'Blah blah starts his run up' then pitch freezes, you don't see the penalty after ten seconds the next player appears, the commentary changes to 'Blah Bob has the chance...' therefore you have no idea what the score is until the shootout is finished.

When highlights are shown a number of issues can occur
    1 - Not all the players appear.
    2 - From a freekick the player and ball will move as one entity towards the goal.
    3 - The commentary freezes and does not correspond to the action or the highlight doesn't play.

I have also had two crashes, both when I am trying to do substitutions and I can't quite drag and drop the player smoothly.

I'm running the game on a 32GB iPhone 3GS. I currently have loads of storage space left. The FMH version is 1.2 and I'm currently in January 2010 on my game with Ipswich.

Amateur
    Medical school learning to help Arsenal sort their injury problem

Have had freeze as well - immediately after making subs in the 2nd half of a first pre-season friendly as Arsenal.

All clips froze after the subs were made, pausing and unpausing a few time seems to clear it most times.

Included goals, corners and efforts.

Am on a 16GB 3GS with 4+GB spare and the updated game.

Amateur

When a player comes back from injury he immediately gets injured again for a long period of time (3-6 months)

Had this happen in several saves

Lurker

Was setting match orders as Man City and had a lot of squad members injured, so I clicked on Robinho who was loaned out to Santos, pressed recall and he was instantly available for the match. Not sure if it's a bug but wanted to let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bell End View Post
    Was setting match orders as Man City and had a lot of squad members injured, so I clicked on Robinho who was loaned out to Santos, pressed recall and he was instantly available for the match. Not sure if it's a bug but wanted to let you know.
    Hi, the player will return immediately due to hardware restrictions but this isn't necessarily a bad thing. If the user desperately needs a player it helps to have him return immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by ahcl20 View Post
    I don't know if this is a bug or intentional - but I have had a few occasions where potential transfers were cancelled because the offer was made on the 2nd last or last day of the transfer window and it didn't get completed on time. In fact I have had no deals going through towards the end of the window.

In the PC/Mac version obviously it was possible for a deal to be completed within the last day of the window and I wondered if we can have this for the iPhone.
    Hi ahcl20, this is how it works in real life. Sometimes deals don't make it through in time. However, I have reported this and it is something that will be reviewed to ensure it is working as it should be, as I feel your deals shouldn't be falling through very often.

Quote Originally Posted by alistair85 View Post
    When completing a game, I swiped my index finger right to left across the FT screen (to try and scroll to the stats screen). For some reason this caused the game to abort without saving. Horribly annoying.
    Are you able to provide any further information about this? For example:

Had you swiped previously during the match?
    Had you made substitutions/tactical changes?
    Did you have the highlights turned on or were you just using commentary only?
    Did you swipe immediately at full time or do anything else before swiping?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Mazaveli View Post
    When a player comes back from injury he immediately gets injured again for a long period of time (3-6 months)

Had this happen in several saves
    Yeah I had that. Too many injuries if you ask me. I know some players are more injury prone than others but they get a knock and are out for 10 days, then a few days later they're out for a month or more. When you get multiple injuries like this it makes the game very difficult if you're not within a transfer window. I suppose this is realistic, look at Man City...

Amateur

The match engine is still doing some weird things every now and than

Furthermore:
    - Starting next season only 18 teams will be in the Dutch Jupiler League and not 20. Only one team will relegate from the new Jupiler League.

- When creating fixtures for the new season it always plans a friendly ONE day before my 1st competition match

- According to the stats, keepers make headers quite often and sometimes even lose headers (you would expect a keeper to catch a ball rather than make a header).

- Generic players are often too good. Dutch Amateurs, beating PSV 5-1 in a cup semi-final is weird to say the least. Even better, In most 1/4 finals at least half the teams are amateurs.

A bit later, Feyenoord is getting kicked from the semi final in their own home by an amateur team as well

Last edited by Casartelli; 29-04-2010 at 14:34.

Sports Interactive Marc Vaughan's Avatar

The match engine is still doing some weird things every now and than
    I'll keep quietly beavering away with tweaking this side of things, its getting there but might take a few updates to get 'perfect' I'm afraid.

Amateur

I still cant find many players using the free text search - every time i get 'no results found'

Quote Originally Posted by burdinho View Post
    I still cant find many players using the free text search - every time i get 'no results found'
    If you're searching for players which don't use 'english' letters in their name then please ensure you enter the english equivalent for the letters involved (thats the only thing off hand I can think might cause an issue, although I thought I'd dealt with that already).

Quote Originally Posted by Casartelli View Post
    - When creating fixtures for the new season it always plans a friendly ONE day before my 1st competition match

- According to the stats, keepers make headers quite often and sometimes even lose headers (you would expect a keeper to catch a ball rather than make a header).
    Thanks for reporting these issues. They are going to be looked at now.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
    If you're searching for players which don't use 'english' letters in their name then please ensure you enter the english equivalent for the letters involved (thats the only thing off hand I can think might cause an issue, although I thought I'd dealt with that already).
    Well I searched for Lambert (looking for Rickie) and I get zero results :-(

Amateur

I seem to be experiencing more crashes with the latest FMH on my iPhone 3G with the latest firmware. This occurs when I am on the tactics screen during a game; I have a feeling it might be to do with the number of changes that I am making in the last third of a tight game. I'll make some notes when I end up doing similar again but usually I will have made at least 2 substitutions, changed formation, 2 to 3 player positions and adjusted team instructions.

Amateur

A few times when playing with Arsenal (have not played with other teams so I don't know if across the board) graphics pop up with Aharvin (playing as a forward) and 3 people on the other team around him. But apparantly he was the last line of defence because the other team had the ball and scored.

Amateur

About four times in my first season one of my strikers ran from the half way line with the ball unchallenged and scored from close range. The opposition back 4 were in a perfect line backpedaling and making no effort to do anything.

Amateur

I have a minor bug to report.

In my game Man Utd are using a regen Turkish goalkeeper called Metin Çakir. In the 2D match view his name is displayed as simply 'akir', the 'Ç' doesn't show up at all. I think there must be an issue with the cedilla.

I'm not sure if it's a bug, but my youth scout apparently thinks my goalie sucks even though he's actually great and during the whole second season has been after goalkeepers. I just think it's weird because my goalkeeper has only 3 atts below 10 (technique, agression and creativity), and 6 above 15 (agility, communication, teamwork, leadership, stamina and strength), and he keeps saying that worse goalkeepers are better than him.

Amateur

I'm not exactly sure if this is a bug or not but mido was unhappy so a news item said middlesborough would sell him for 700k it even said my team would be intrested (Cardiff) so I put in a 700k bid and they rejected it saying he was a valuable member of the team, I thought something was wrong because it just said he was transfer listed, so I check and intact he isn't transfer listed. I will provide screenshots if needed.

Semi Pro

I think Stu needs some time off, FHM bugs?

Amateur

I've just started a game as Wycombe. For some reason Wycombe were in the Northern section of Johnstone's Paint Trophy. Doesn't seem quite right as Hereford, Northampton, Port Vale, Shrewsbury & Burton were all in the Southern section. Wycombe played in the Southern section this season iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by Medion View Post
    I seem to be experiencing more crashes with the latest FMH on my iPhone 3G with the latest firmware. This occurs when I am on the tactics screen during a game; I have a feeling it might be to do with the number of changes that I am making in the last third of a tight game. I'll make some notes when I end up doing similar again but usually I will have made at least 2 substitutions, changed formation, 2 to 3 player positions and adjusted team instructions.
    Thanks for letting us know, we are looking in to issues with match tactics and the results of multiple changes to the line up

Quote Originally Posted by Pfft View Post
    I have a minor bug to report.

In my game Man Utd are using a regen Turkish goalkeeper called Metin Çakir. In the 2D match view his name is displayed as simply 'akir', the 'Ç' doesn't show up at all. I think there must be an issue with the cedilla.
    Thanks for reporting this, it is something that we will be looking at now

Quote Originally Posted by wwfcfan View Post
    I've just started a game as Wycombe. For some reason Wycombe were in the Northern section of Johnstone's Paint Trophy. Doesn't seem quite right as Hereford, Northampton, Port Vale, Shrewsbury & Burton were all in the Southern section. Wycombe played in the Southern section this season iirc.
    This issue is something that we are aware of. There are certain factors which mean that teams are not always in the north or south section, some years they might switch. The fine tuning of this element is hopefully going to be looked at.

Amateur

Hi guys, Well done Marc not a bad little game for a a first crack!

I have found a few issues some large, some small...(All before the update, haven't got wifi at the mo to update my game, also running on a 32GB 3Gs with tonnes of memory!)

As manager of Rimini in Serie C1/B

1) I had some dross GK's so I relegated all but one to the reserves which then offered me the choice of a "virtual"/grey GK , clicking on him caused my game to crash 100% reproducible

2) Tiny bug, but all San Marino regens are coming through as Italian and not San Marinese!

3) Another tiny bug from the early FMH days that I think I popped in test track, the match commentry always uses "The referee" which can cause lines where there is a capital letter in the middle of a sentence.

4) As has been mentioned the virtual teams are doing too well in the 5/6 seasons I have played every time a team from the first round of the world club championship has made the final, i.e. the team from honduras or guatemala or new zealand or some other awful footballing nation, and 2 or 3 times winning it, by beating the likes of Barcelona or Inter Milan, irl this has never happened perhaps a team from Mexico from the quater finals making the final yes but these tiny crap teams shouldn't make the final let alone win...

5) Not a bug but something missing from the FMH game (I think) that I like is the ability to view teams from a nation....
    If I want to scout all the teams from Brazil looking to uncover a hidden gem there is currently no way to do this other than find the club in either a random players history page or from a news item or the transfers page, but if I want to go to a specific club I cannot find a simple route, for example in Italy I would like to have a look at the Hull team, but this is impossible, unless I search for a player who I know plays there, but after 6 seasons I don't know who is and isn't there!

6) I would also like to have, if only in the active nation the clubs division on the info page, I've been drawn against Cremonese in the Italian cup, I want to know what division they are in, currently I must go to the fixtures page and scroll down until the league season begins and then see what division, would be slightly nicer to have that information on the club info screen, and if possible the current league position?

7) Another feature request, this one/two more likely for future versions... Expected/Predicted league finish again on the club info screen, along with the pre-season, bookies expectations news item?

Ok enough for now!

Amateur

Ooooh also noticed

8) that at the end of my last season at the season review
    Serie A top goal scorer was my striker
    Serie B was a defensive Midfielder
    Serie C1A was a Left back
    Serie C1B was a AM/F RLC

I figure DL's and DMC's shouldn't be the leagues top goalscorers...
    although is only from one season

this is the 2015/16 season I think as well...

Cheers Chuter, we'll get all of these looked at and logged (or your bugs bumped if that's the case )

Regarding #1 - the grey player crash - does this happen in any new game you start? Is it only that one particular grey player affected or are there others? We've been unable to reproduce this here thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Dec9693 View Post
    I think Stu needs some time off, FHM bugs?
    Haha well spotted! If you log FHM screenshots, we'll get those looked at too

Amateur

Default Re: [iPhone] FMH 2010 bug reporting thread

I think Darth Vaughan might have already fixed this...

Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by ahcl20
    Persistent crash - I tapped on a computer generated player on squad list to try to look at his attributes and everytime I do this it crashes.

I have tried hard resetting iPhone but still happens.

Quote Originally Posted by MV
    When you say 'computer generated' do you mean a 'grey' (virtual player) or someone who wasn't in the original database?

PS - One of the things I'm going to be looking at for an update is a way to 'export' peoples save games to SI so we can retrieve and hopefully that will help ensure things like this are fixed asap (at the moment as you probably realise its relying on intuition to ascertain the cause of the issues a little bit too much).

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Stu Warren View Post
    Haha well spotted! If you log FHM screenshots, we'll get those looked at too
    Tut, tut, tut... what ever became of the over zealous test room internet filter...

Also pretty sure there were a couple of other things in the OTF FMHi thread I posted like the ability to choose to view or filter pages, so you could keep the order of a page but view different things, i.e. keep selection filter/order but view condition... Capisce?

During a game if you swap two players positions and then sub one of them in the same tactical break the game will crash.

Quote Originally Posted by jamiechuter View Post
    Serie A top goal scorer was my striker
    Serie B was a defensive Midfielder
    Serie C1A was a Left back
    Would you mind checking these players out to see if they play in multiple positions and if feasible whether they're likely to be taking freekicks/pens for their sides.

(basically yes it'd be unusual, but it is possible ...)

Amateur

I was scrolling through some Champions League scores and found this. It's very, very minor - but shouldn't goal scorers be listed in chronological order?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I was scrolling through some Champions League scores and found this. It's very, very minor - but shouldn't goal scorers be listed in chronological order?
    Hi alistair85, this is something that we are aware of, thanks for taking the time to report it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannytoffee View Post
    During a game if you swap two players positions and then sub one of them in the same tactical break the game will crash.
    We are aware of this and the problem should be resolved in the next update.

This issue should be resolved in the next update.

Amateur

I had a minor issue with the finances, it basically went over two years:

First year: Premier league champs, Euro cup champs, FA cup champs, English league cup champs.

Starting budget for next season: 18M, Wage budget 1,200,000

Second year: Premier league champs, Community shield Winners, ECC Champs, Fa cup champs, English league champs, Euro Super Cup champs.

Starting budget for next season: 11M, Wage budget 1,400,000

Now i can understand the wage budget has gone up that's good but 7M less to spend on players? Plus i still havent unlocked sugar daddy and i've won everything there is too win in england, it's really frustrating when your the champs and lower teams are outbidding you on let's be honest not very good players.

Amateur

Another small bug. When I set my set pieces takers and penalty takers and play the next game without these players (not in the starting 11, or on the bench), the settings will be deleted and the list of set pieces takers is empty again.

Occured to me multiple times when I played with a B squad during a friendly.

Finally, I sold three players. Both were the three cheapest players in my squad and all are older than 34 years. They had a huge wage tho, and I sold them since their stats are now very low and other teams wanted to pay 20k for them. Besides, they are not even one of the 7 substitutes, and they might get some playing times with lower ranked teams.
    However, everyone in my team is now upset that I've sold a "key player". All three weren't even on the bench and are my 3rd or 4th player for that specific position.
    Sure, they've been in the club for more than 5 seasons,.. but how can they be upset about that?!
    Last edited by Casartelli; 10-05-2010 at 14:05.

Amateur

Yesterday I was in a penalty shoot out in the league cup quarter final against Liverpool. While the kicks where taking place there was no animations and everything stood still until it was time for the next kicker. I didn't find out who won until the game was over.

This is a minor bug but its still pretty annoying and suspenseful.

Amateur

It seems to me that Sugar Daddy somehow lowers the teams reputation or does something else to make it harder to get players to join you.

For example I started a game as Sparta Rotterdam with sugar daddy on. I tried to sign Chris Gadi from OM. He Indicated that I couldnt meet his demands. I offered him 12k a week which he rejected. So I offered him the max, 24k a week and he accepted.

Now I started the same game, same team but without sugar daddy. OM accepted my offer as before, but now, Gadi wants a weekly wage of just 1.2k a week. Which I offered him and of course he accepted.

Not a bug - Basically as irl if a club is known as being 'loaded' then players and clubs will often try things on and ask for a premium price, whether for wages or for transfer fee's .... having lots of money is a double edged sword, you can often manage to obtain the players you want - but you might end up paying over the odds for them (as Man City how it feels ).

Brazilian Head Researcher
    Rio de Janeiro, A Cidade Maravilhosa /// Twitter: @Cynegeticus

I noticed that in 2018 no team from South America played the World Cup, I don't know if it happened in previous WCs too.

Start a game with a Brazilian team and play until 2018 to try to reproduce this bug.

And in the game Mexico always two spots in the Libertadores Preliminary Round, even when Brazil have the holders.

In real life the country that have the holders always have two spots in the Preliminary Round (so in real life Argentina had two teams in the Preliminary Round this year, as the current holders is from there).
    Last edited by PMLF; 11-05-2010 at 04:13.

Amateur

I'm running the 1.1 game in iphone 3GS, in my second season, and managing Leeds.

I have just reached the opening of the Jan 2011 transfer window. I transfer listed 7 players, and I needed to get my wage bill down as well.

However, on the 2nd Jan, I listed 5 players, and a couple more a few days later to get to the 7. On Jan 2nd, I received offers from ALL of my players from Huddersfield, and they also met the asking price for each one, because I chose to negotiate the price on a couple.

A few days later, Huddersfield came in with offers for the remaining 2 players. Therefore by the 7th Jan, I'd sold 7 players ALL to Huddersfield Town. The total amount was about £2m, but I find it very unrealistic that I sold 7 players to the same club - its never happened before.

On my commute in this morning, they bought another player off me!

Also, when I sold the 7 players, my wage bill stayed exactly the same, £150k a week. It should have been reduced by about £15k

Amateur

During a league game as Ipswich my goalkeeper was sent off. Before I could put a sub on the match view came up and Spurs seemed to take the penalty with no one in goal. Once the penalty was taken the game switched to the tactics view and I could sub in a replacement goalie and move the team around (taking my left back out of goal).

Is this a bug of FM or an animation glitch?

Quote Originally Posted by Justyn_C_UK View Post
    During a league game as Ipswich my goalkeeper was sent off. Before I could put a sub on the match view came up and Spurs seemed to take the penalty with no one in goal. Once the penalty was taken the game switched to the tactics view and I could sub in a replacement goalie and move the team around (taking my left back out of goal).

Is this a bug of FM or an animation glitch?
    Its an animation glitch and you would have had someone in goal BUT it should take you to tactics BEFORE the penalty is taken really ..

Amateur

Quick post to say one of my strikers suffered a broken leg and is out for nine months, two weeks after the injury he complained to the media that he wasn't being played enough and wanted to be transferred. It's had a huge negative effect on 80% of my players as they feel I'm treating him badly, please try and solve this soon

Amateur

marc any thoughts on my issues above?

still getting regular bollockings from my board about the wage bill - it still hasnt gone down despite selling 8 players in the transfer window!

Amateur

During a match I have an incoming call, but I don't answer to it, I just let it go. After the call if I press a button in the game, there is no sound. (Phone is not muted by the side switch)

Quote Originally Posted by jimny View Post
    During a match I have an incoming call, but I don't answer to it, I just let it go. After the call if I press a button in the game, there is no sound. (Phone is not muted by the side switch)
    Will test this side of things out - not sure what happened there, you 'might' be able to turn it back on again by double clicking home and turning music on, but I presume its something the OS has done during the phone handling rather than the game (if needs be a future update can always re-initialise the sound after the call, but tbh I hadn't heard about any such issues before).

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by burdinho View Post
    marc any thoughts on my issues above?

still getting regular bollockings from my board about the wage bill - it still hasnt gone down despite selling 8 players in the transfer window!
    marc - will these issues be fixed in update 2?

Amateur

quite a few bugs noticed but its mainly while watching the game the txt doesnt match up with anything im watching on the screen. And most the time now when i am watching the game on the full match view the players usally just stand still then the screen flicker's and a goal has been scored.
    If you send both scouts out to scout the same thing they scout the same player's every time, though not realy anything big.
    Autosave feature is still hit or miss after update but is alot better.
    Crazy stat change's for e.g im Middlesbrough and i have lee miller and has shooting always jumps from 12 to 20 and back and forth every few match's and he never score's
    The defenders score most the goals in the game and most the goals i see only ever come from set peice's.
    Im half way through my second season now using iphone 3g playing version 1.3 (1.2)

Amateur

I'm finding several issues with the 2D replays/match engine -

- I'm on the 3GS and experience a lot of freezing when the 2D replays are supposed to be running. The screen comes up and you can see the pitch and players but then nothing happens for a few seconds and then it returns back to the text commentary without playing through anything.

- In many if the 2D replays I find they don't match what the text says. For instance it will say a player is going to float in a corner, an you see all the players getting into position but rather than seeing the player then take the corner all I get is the ref walking to the edge of the pitch and then the game returns to the text commentary. Quite often a goal is scored from these moments.

- I'm seeing it a lot in the replays where a player will pick up the ball in the midfield and run unopposed straight to the goal and score, even though there are several of my players around that could tackle, they just don't! This is incredibly frustrating and seems to happen regardless of tactical instruction.

- Too many goals scored by defenders, and I'm talking from open play rather than set pieces. When watching the replay a winger will cross the ball into the box and instead of my strikers being there to tap it in, more often than not it's one of my back four. The issue is what are they doing up there in open play? And where are my strikers? I've also doubled checked my team setup on several occasions to make sure it's not my fault playing a player out of position etc but everything is as it should be.

I'll list more as I come across them.

-Mic

2d display issues
    There were various issues where the join from the match to the 2d display showed rogue information - I believe that these are rectified in the forthcoming update 2 patch, please let me know if you see any after this comes out (and apologies for not spotting these earlier - unfortunately they were dependant certain situations which varied depending on OS, processor and installed items).

Amateur

There were various issues where the join from the match to the 2d display showed rogue information - I believe that these are rectified in the forthcoming update 2 patch, please let me know if you see any after this comes out (and apologies for not spotting these earlier - unfortunately they were dependant certain situations which varied depending on OS, processor and installed items).
    Does this include the issue I mentioned where a player can pick up a ball in midfield and walk unopposed through your entire defence to the net and score? This has been mentioned a couple of times now and seems to happen regardless of tactical settings.

I'm also concerned as this is an issue that seems to be present in each iteration of the desktop version where players don't close down and is always sorted/tweaked in a patch.

-Mic

Does this include the issue I mentioned where a player can pick up a ball in midfield and walk unopposed through your entire defence to the net and score? This has been mentioned a couple of times now and seems to happen regardless of tactical settings.
    Yes this has been fixed - in some circumstances you'll see a midfielder beat a couple of players on a run and score - but walking through your entire team, nope that shouldn't be happening.

Amateur

Yes this has been fixed - in some circumstances you'll see a midfielder beat a couple of players on a run and score - but walking through your entire team, nope that shouldn't be happening.
    Nice one, cheers Marc. I did think the first time it happened it was down to a neat bit of skill but when it seemed to happen every other game I figured something wasn't right.

Any news on when the update will be available that fixes these problems?

-Mic

Any news on when the update will be available that fixes these problems?
    Its passed QA at SI/SEGA and its not in submission with Apple - presuming it passes that ok it'll be released when Apple are happy with it.

(hopefully soon, but if anything comes up I'll let you know)

Amateur

Bug i spotted was when playing the Semi final of the FA Trophy the game was a draw after the 2 legs, however it went to extra time and then penalties, however after i had won the shootout, i had lost the game on away goals, i didnt think to take any pictures sorry.

Youth Team

Its passed QA at SI/SEGA and its not in submission with Apple - presuming it passes that ok it'll be released when Apple are happy with it.

(hopefully soon, but if anything comes up I'll let you know)
    released now

Quote Originally Posted by dastrix View Post
    Bug i spotted was when playing the Semi final of the FA Trophy the game was a draw after the 2 legs, however it went to extra time and then penalties, however after i had won the shootout, i had lost the game on away goals, i didnt think to take any pictures sorry.
    We are having a look at this now and it does appear that the FA Trophy is wrongly using the away goals rule. This should be an easy thing to rectify. Are you able to remember whether your two matches ended in draws or was just the final score equal?

Amateur

ok, new bug.........it was a bug in the last version and also carried on into the new version. not seen this posted anywhere else.........

ok, so im the manager of manchester united........i send gibson out on loan. i get offered the rep of ireland job which i accept. it comes to the point of picking my team for the first match and it wont let me put gibson in the starting lineup. all that happens is that the player im trying to replace gets deselected. It does allow me to set gibson as a sub......and during a match does allow me to bring him on as a substitute. While selecting the team gibsons name has blue text. i think its the cant play cos hes on loan confusing between club and country.

*edit*

this does actually happen every game. Also i came to the end of the season and had a international match after all club games had finished, i tried to select gibson.......not happening. I recall gibson to United and it then allows me to select him for the international match.

stonefiesta
    Thanks very much for the feedback - thats very useful, as you've probably guessed thats a fairly obscure situation but now I'm aware of it I'll make sure its rectified in the next update.

Sorry for any inconvenience,

Marc

Amateur

inconvience is fine.........at least you sort the problems out. more games need this kind of support.

PS - Can you try and select him using 'clicking the position button' and then selecting him from the page which appears, it appears that works and its just a bug which dragging and dropping in this circumstances (which I'll look to fix for update 3).

Quote Originally Posted by PMLF View Post
    I noticed that in 2018 no team from South America played the World Cup, I don't know if it happened in previous WCs too.

Start a game with a Brazilian team and play until 2018 to try to reproduce this bug.
    Good spot there, this will be resolved for the next update.

Amateur

Bit of a long one this but it's quite strange.

I was trying to sign a very good young keeper (Gavin Foster, 17 at the time, not sure if he is real, it was during the 2nd season) from Shamrock Rovers on a free transfer (out of contract). I offered him one, he accepted but then never joined my club and just remained at Shamrock but out of contract. What was strange though was that he did appear in my squad and I could play him, despite him still belonging to Shamrock? I offered him a contract several times and every time he accepted but never actually became an official Southampton player. Eventually I gave up and it seems he then went back in contract with Shamrock as when I tried a season later I now had to make a transfer offer for him. I offered £200k and was told because of his big club release clause it had to be accepted but then the next day the offer was dismissed as totally unacceptable. WBA then made a bid of £600k which was accepted and he became a WBA contracted player. But to top it all off he STILL appears in my squad screen and I can still play him?!

Bizarre.

Also, and completely unrelated, when fiddling about with the budgets I ended up moving my entire transfer budget (£2.6m) into wage budget, but then could only move back £180k for transfers, despite my wage budget being now £380k p/w but my current expenditure only being £140k. Whilst the board love my frugal running of the club it was pretty annoying! Had to revert back to an old manual save.

Quote Originally Posted by sabotini View Post
    Bit of a long one this but it's quite strange.

I was trying to sign a very good young keeper (Gavin Foster, 17 at the time, not sure if he is real, it was during the 2nd season) from Shamrock Rovers on a free transfer (out of contract). I offered him one, he accepted but then never joined my club and just remained at Shamrock but out of contract. What was strange though was that he did appear in my squad and I could play him, despite him still belonging to Shamrock? I offered him a contract several times and every time he accepted but never actually became an official Southampton player. Eventually I gave up and it seems he then went back in contract with Shamrock as when I tried a season later I now had to make a transfer offer for him. I offered £200k and was told because of his big club release clause it had to be accepted but then the next day the offer was dismissed as totally unacceptable. WBA then made a bid of £600k which was accepted and he became a WBA contracted player. But to top it all off he STILL appears in my squad screen and I can still play him?!
    Are you able to remember at which point in the season you initially made the agreement to sign him? Was in during or outside a transfer window?

Angry Re: [iPhone] FMH 2010 bug reporting thread

I'm playing in 2013 and have at least 4 out of a squad of 33 players constantly injured. I understand that it happens in the real world but its almost as soon as one player comes back another is injured straight away. I never seem to have less than 4. Perhaps the injury code needs tweaking? It's really fustrating.

According to my physio my players have no long term concerns so it does seem totally random.

Thanks

Amateur

The rule of a player not being able to play against the club he is loaned from isn't implemented.

Not complaining, two goals for Franco Di Santo in both games against Chelsea gained me 2 points

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Farina View Post
    I'm playing in 2013 and have at least 4 out of a squad of 33 players constantly injured. I understand that it happens in the real world but its almost as soon as one player comes back another is injured straight away. I never seem to have less than 4. Perhaps the injury code needs tweaking? It's really fustrating.
    According to my physio my players have no long term concerns so it does seem totally random.
    Thanks
    Can you confirm you've installed update 2 as I've tweaked the injury code in that version of the game, that being said if you've a squad of 33 players then its highly likely that at least some players will be injured at any point during the season unless you're using a very light training regime - this is especially the case if you're successful and playing a lot of matches.

Lurker

Hi Marc, kudos for a great port to the iphone/itouch. Haven't run into any bad bugs in the latest version so far but in the injury tweaking was wondering if you could decrease the frequency with which "chest injuries" occur. I'm managing Sheffield Wednesday and in third month of first season and have had 4 of them so far on separate players. Not a showstopper but an odd injury to have more than one of, no? Just wondering if somewhere in your tweaking of the injury code this one got a higher than normal likelihood assigned.

In general, injury frequency feels about right based on how the PC version behaves... Also, was just wondering if there was any chance we'd get an "Extended Highlights" option like in the PC version, and/or a way to read back over the whole commentary?

Thanks much and will report back with anything else I notice.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by David Milmine View Post
    Are you able to remember at which point in the season you initially made the agreement to sign him? Was in during or outside a transfer window?
    I think it was outside the transfer window. Not 100% though.

I'm not sure it counts as a bug, but in my game there have been far too many really long distance goals. I've seen them scored from the opposite penalty area. I've never seen a properly long shot saved. The goalkeepers just don't seem to be able to position themselves at all for anything beyond 30 yards. On a related note, I've noticed that goalkeepers seem to take an extremely long time to recover from a parry save or a mis-hit goalkick. Again, if the opposing player gets the shot on target, it's always a goal.

Amateur

Does anyone get this constantly in the 2d match's, when the preview is played the attacker takes on the defence then pass's it back 25 - 40 yard's for another player to header it in when the keeper is stood on the goal line. I know it's possible but happens quite alot when on the screen the attacker usual beats the keeper as well before doing it.
    Also im not sure if it is a bug but i thought giuseppe rossi mite be on a little more than 7.5k just a random thing i seen though probably right.
    And this has only happend twice once with middlesbrough V1.2 and once with valencia V1.3 but when my keeper gets a red card in a match and brings down the keeper in the box the other team takes the penalty with no goolie been selected it then just goes onto the squad select screen and just puts a random defender in goal.

Hope it help's awsome game : )

Amateur

I've just had a message from Mary the tea lady... she's apparently pleased by the signing of Jordi Mohamed. I think it's my favourite ever CM/FM moment. I'd never heard of that before and I've been playing since 92!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Thorneycroft View Post
    I've just had a message from Mary the tea lady... she's apparently pleased by the signing of Jordi Mohamed. I think it's my favourite ever CM/FM moment. I'd never heard of that before and I've been playing since 92!
    Heh - thats interesting actually as its a 'flag' to control a rogue happening in the transfer system, it should never appear.

(I thought people would find it more interesting to recieve something along those lines than an error message, increases the chance of me hearing about it and stops it from being so annoying to people if it occurs, there are actually loads such things in the game - but this is the first one I've heard which has triggered* in FMHi)

*My personal favourite was one I put in the CM3 series at one point when I first did the 'board requests' - if you managed to induce a 'race condition' (can't remember how but it was rather obscure) then you got an email about the board declining your request for larger half-time oranges ... what can I say I've a sad sense of humour

Quote Originally Posted by twater2k2 View Post
    Does anyone get this constantly in the 2d match's, when the preview is played the attacker takes on the defence then pass's it back 25 - 40 yard's for another player to header it in when the keeper is stood on the goal line. I know it's possible but happens quite alot when on the screen the attacker usual beats the keeper as well before doing it.
    I'm constantly tweaking and trying to improve the match visualisation - I think its come a long way since version 1.0, but I 'know' theres still more to do - so all feedback in this area is much appreciated.

PS - Glad you're enjoying the game

Ok I know its been mentioned in other threads but I've just had the budget adjustment issue where I tried to change my rubbish 2.1M (for the Prem!) and allocate less to wages. The thing is I managed to boost my wages to 264,000 per week but now have a budget of 40 quid so am now totally dead in the water. I've some how got to "Fight bravely against relagation" with no transfer kitty and obviously not a high enough rep to attract any really good bosmans :-(

I'm the mighty AFC Wimbledon in 2014 if that helps.

Oh while I'm at it... Because I have this MASSIVE wage budget I figured I'd go and get those bosmans that are around. Found Player X from Liverpool who was on 11k pw. Offered 31k per week and was turned down. 2 seconds later Player X signs for Leeds for 9k per week. I'm in the prem and leeds are in League 1. Surely a bug? My rep can't be that bad that Leeds (although once great) can be prefered to a Premiership club?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Farina View Post
    Oh while I'm at it... Because I have this MASSIVE wage budget I figured I'd go and get those bosmans that are around. Found Player X from Liverpool who was on 11k pw. Offered 31k per week and was turned down. 2 seconds later Player X signs for Leeds for 9k per week. I'm in the prem and leeds are in League 1. Surely a bug? My rep can't be that bad that Leeds (although once great) can be prefered to a Premiership club?!?
    I'll try and simulate your situation and see what happens here, I'm surprised that he didn't accept your offer - only thing I can think of is that perhaps he has a favourite player/manager/club set which biased his decision.

Amateur

just had my keeper sent off which gave away a penalty, the other team took the penalty on an open goal, then the tactics screen shows up which auto puts my lb in goal, surely he should be there before then penalty was taken, or i should be able to make a sub first. I would be annoyed if i hadnt lost 4-1 anyways

Amateur

Just played the World Cup for clubs!

However,.. in the semi-final I played against Boca Juniors. As a European team I can only encouter a South American team in the final.

Even better, In between the semi-final and final I played a league game. It's not very logic that I have to play a league while being in Dubai, playing the World Clubs tournament, 3 days after the semi final and 3 days before the final.

Amateur

Just a quick question about values, won the treble with Real Madrid, come to the next season and I look to offload Van der Vaart who didnt play much of a role for me, to find that his value is £22.5mil! Then I looked at the squad:

Can understand winning the Champions League would increase value but to the extent that it has is ludicrous.

Amateur

Date in the news report is mentioned wrong. It says that the game is 20th december 2017, but in fact it's 27th of december.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast