[iPhone] FMH 2010 bug reporting thread

Hi all,

Please could you post any bugs or issues - great or small - that you've experienced in the iPhone/iPod Touch version of FMH 2010 in this here thread.

We'll tend to everything reported outside of here but from now on it'd be nice to have everything collated in one place. Please provide as much information as you can with steps to reproduce the bug where possible. For non-gameplay issues, information about your device (model, operating system, whether or not it is jailbroken, other apps running etc) is also very helpful.

Cheers!

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good idea mate, I would suggest a sticky?

no bugs to report so far witht he update except im able to sign players who it says arent intersted for my brghton team (micael ball, rohan rickets, lauren and izzy irkriepen sp?) to name some, noone bigger than that, but that is a good thing for me i suppose :D

I don't know if this is a bug or intentional - but I have had a few occasions where potential transfers were cancelled because the offer was made on the 2nd last or last day of the transfer window and it didn't get completed on time. In fact I have had no deals going through towards the end of the window.

In the PC/Mac version obviously it was possible for a deal to be completed within the last day of the window and I wondered if we can have this for the iPhone.

I've noticed that when 2d graphics start, sometimes (I would say 2/3 times out of 10) the text freezes, or it shows a player running with the ball just down the wing, and there is nobody within a million miles of him.

Also, it would be handy if the text commentary sometimes included goals - because at the moment it is largely meaningless apart from when it tells you how a player is playing.

I'm also unable to sign players on loan - I would say I've approached 25/30 players from the Premiership who are judged as being "surplus to requirements" by my assistant - and all have been rejected even though I offered the maximum weekly wage possible

Im on iphone 3g with the new update

Just got to the start of my second season and as I go to select my team for the first game, I notice that I have 2 players suspended for 1 game after receiving 5 yellow cards.

It may be my ignorance but I thought these bans got wiped at the end of each season?

At the start of the season, in the message telling me the boards expectations , my transfer budget is always misreported if the budget is greater than £10 million, for example this year it said I had £2.8 million, but when I look at the club info page I have £26.5 million, which is a little better for a premiership side :) it was happening both before and after the update.

This is not really a bug. More of a suggestion... but can you PLEASE fix the scouting system?

Fernando Torres went down with a two month injury while managing Liverpool. Naturally I scout strikers to replace him, but every single report I get back from my scouts says, "John Citizen doesn't think Player 1 is good enough to play for Liverpool. He considers Fernando Torres the best striker at the club and Player 1 is well behind that standard."

Well no *****!!! I don't want to replace Torres - I want to buy a support/back up player.

Any possibility of allowing us to give scouts more specific instructions? Otherwise I see no point in having them if they continue to act like robots.

At the start of the season, in the message telling me the boards expectations , my transfer budget is always misreported if the budget is greater than £10 million, for example this year it said I had £2.8 million, but when I look at the club info page I have £26.5 million, which is a little better for a premiership side :) it was happening both before and after the update.

This is something that has been looked at for a future update

I'm still getting issues with the 2d match engine even after the update. I started a new game with quick start turned off in the English league with Liverpool. For the first 4-5 games everything was fine. Now quite a lot of the 2d match engine clips are "not working".

When I say "not working" I mean that sometimes the whole pitch just freezes or sometimes all of the players freeze but the ref runs from one part of the pitch to another (usually for corners) then nothing else happens. Other times the player with the ball just runs towards the byline then either stops and does nothing, keeps turning one way then another trying to take on the chasing defender even though the text has already said he's passed the ball to somebody else or runs directly down the byline to the goal line and does nothing. After any of these scenarios the game returns to the text-commentary and sometimes a goal has been scored.

I know it's all a bit vague and I'm not explaining it very well but I guess some information is better than nothing :D

I'm running the game on a 16GB iPhone 3GS. I currently have about 1GB storage space left. The FMH version is 1.2 and I'm currently in December 2009 on my game with Liverpool.

If you need any more information please let me know.

FMiPhoneError.jpg

I have spotted an error in the iPhone app. I was playing with Leeds with a 5-3-2 formation against Bristol City in the League Cup. Leigh Bromby was playing at centre half and got sent off on 59 minutes. Bradley Johnson was injured on 60 minutes so when I was making the substitution, I swapped Johnson into Bromby's position and subbed Johnson for a central defender (Patrick Kisnorbo). Then bizarrely, Leigh Bromby scored on 68 minutes, which of course, as we know is impossible.

I have spotted an error in the iPhone app. I was playing with Leeds with a 5-3-2 formation against Bristol City in the League Cup. Leigh Bromby was playing at centre half and got sent off on 59 minutes. Bradley Johnson was injured on 60 minutes so when I was making the substitution, I swapped Johnson into Bromby's position and subbed Johnson for a central defender (Patrick Kisnorbo). Then bizarrely, Leigh Bromby scored on 68 minutes, which of course, as we know is impossible.

Good pick up. It's things like this that go to show this is a half baked version that hasn't truly been put through its paces before release.

FMiPhoneError.jpg

JSParker, thanks for letting us know about this. It is indeed a little strange. Could you please let me know if the game took you to Tactics for the red card and the injury just once? So the injury and red card effectively occurred at the same time?

JSParker, thanks for letting us know about this. It is indeed a little strange. Could you please let me know if the game took you to Tactics for the red card and the injury just once? So the injury and red card effectively occurred at the same time?

It just took me to the Tactics once, after the injury. The impression I got was that the injury and red card happened at the same time.

In effect, after the substitution Bromby was playing in central midfield and some how the red card 'lost' somehow. It appears the action of swapping the carded player (Bromby) with the injured player (Johnson) cancelled out the red card. However, I did not check to see if the carded player was still 'unavailable' after the substitution. That I do not know.

It just took me to the Tactics once, after the injury. The impression I got was that the injury and red card happened at the same time.

In effect, after the substitution Bromby was playing in central midfield and some how the red card 'lost' somehow. It appears the action of swapping the carded player (Bromby) with the injured player (Johnson) cancelled out the red card. However, I did not check to see if the carded player was still 'unavailable' after the substitution. That I do not know.

Ok, thank you for responding and for all the information. This is now being reviewed.

I have had a number of issues with FMH.

I have been through two penalty shootouts today and for both the replay has not worked. You can see the pitch and the commentary say 'Blah blah starts his run up' then pitch freezes, you don't see the penalty after ten seconds the next player appears, the commentary changes to 'Blah Bob has the chance...' therefore you have no idea what the score is until the shootout is finished.

When highlights are shown a number of issues can occur

1 - Not all the players appear.

2 - From a freekick the player and ball will move as one entity towards the goal.

3 - The commentary freezes and does not correspond to the action or the highlight doesn't play.

I have also had two crashes, both when I am trying to do substitutions and I can't quite drag and drop the player smoothly.

I'm running the game on a 32GB iPhone 3GS. I currently have loads of storage space left. The FMH version is 1.2 and I'm currently in January 2010 on my game with Ipswich.

Have had freeze as well - immediately after making subs in the 2nd half of a first pre-season friendly as Arsenal.

All clips froze after the subs were made, pausing and unpausing a few time seems to clear it most times.

Included goals, corners and efforts.

Am on a 16GB 3GS with 4+GB spare and the updated game.

Was setting match orders as Man City and had a lot of squad members injured, so I clicked on Robinho who was loaned out to Santos, pressed recall and he was instantly available for the match. Not sure if it's a bug but wanted to let you know.

Hi, the player will return immediately due to hardware restrictions but this isn't necessarily a bad thing. If the user desperately needs a player it helps to have him return immediately.

I don't know if this is a bug or intentional - but I have had a few occasions where potential transfers were cancelled because the offer was made on the 2nd last or last day of the transfer window and it didn't get completed on time. In fact I have had no deals going through towards the end of the window.

In the PC/Mac version obviously it was possible for a deal to be completed within the last day of the window and I wondered if we can have this for the iPhone.

Hi ahcl20, this is how it works in real life. Sometimes deals don't make it through in time. However, I have reported this and it is something that will be reviewed to ensure it is working as it should be, as I feel your deals shouldn't be falling through very often.

When completing a game, I swiped my index finger right to left across the FT screen (to try and scroll to the stats screen). For some reason this caused the game to abort without saving. Horribly annoying.

Are you able to provide any further information about this? For example:

Had you swiped previously during the match?

Had you made substitutions/tactical changes?

Did you have the highlights turned on or were you just using commentary only?

Did you swipe immediately at full time or do anything else before swiping?

When a player comes back from injury he immediately gets injured again for a long period of time (3-6 months)

Had this happen in several saves

Yeah I had that. Too many injuries if you ask me. I know some players are more injury prone than others but they get a knock and are out for 10 days, then a few days later they're out for a month or more. When you get multiple injuries like this it makes the game very difficult if you're not within a transfer window. I suppose this is realistic, look at Man City...

The match engine is still doing some weird things every now and than :)

img0100a.png

Furthermore:

- Starting next season only 18 teams will be in the Dutch Jupiler League and not 20. Only one team will relegate from the new Jupiler League.

- When creating fixtures for the new season it always plans a friendly ONE day before my 1st competition match

- According to the stats, keepers make headers quite often and sometimes even lose headers (you would expect a keeper to catch a ball rather than make a header).

- Generic players are often too good. Dutch Amateurs, beating PSV 5-1 in a cup semi-final is weird to say the least. Even better, In most 1/4 finals at least half the teams are amateurs.

img0101.png

A bit later, Feyenoord is getting kicked from the semi final in their own home by an amateur team as well

k4wkkx.png

• SI Staff
The match engine is still doing some weird things every now and than

I'll keep quietly beavering away with tweaking this side of things, its getting there but might take a few updates to get 'perfect' I'm afraid.

• SI Staff
I still cant find many players using the free text search - every time i get 'no results found'

If you're searching for players which don't use 'english' letters in their name then please ensure you enter the english equivalent for the letters involved (thats the only thing off hand I can think might cause an issue, although I thought I'd dealt with that already).

- When creating fixtures for the new season it always plans a friendly ONE day before my 1st competition match

- According to the stats, keepers make headers quite often and sometimes even lose headers (you would expect a keeper to catch a ball rather than make a header).

Thanks for reporting these issues. They are going to be looked at now.

If you're searching for players which don't use 'english' letters in their name then please ensure you enter the english equivalent for the letters involved (thats the only thing off hand I can think might cause an issue, although I thought I'd dealt with that already).

Well I searched for Lambert (looking for Rickie) and I get zero results :-(

I seem to be experiencing more crashes with the latest FMH on my iPhone 3G with the latest firmware. This occurs when I am on the tactics screen during a game; I have a feeling it might be to do with the number of changes that I am making in the last third of a tight game. I'll make some notes when I end up doing similar again but usually I will have made at least 2 substitutions, changed formation, 2 to 3 player positions and adjusted team instructions.

A few times when playing with Arsenal (have not played with other teams so I don't know if across the board) graphics pop up with Aharvin (playing as a forward) and 3 people on the other team around him. But apparantly he was the last line of defence because the other team had the ball and scored.

About four times in my first season one of my strikers ran from the half way line with the ball unchallenged and scored from close range. The opposition back 4 were in a perfect line backpedaling and making no effort to do anything.

I have a minor bug to report.

In my game Man Utd are using a regen Turkish goalkeeper called Metin Çakir. In the 2D match view his name is displayed as simply 'akir', the 'Ç' doesn't show up at all. I think there must be an issue with the cedilla.

I'm not sure if it's a bug, but my youth scout apparently thinks my goalie sucks even though he's actually great and during the whole second season has been after goalkeepers. I just think it's weird because my goalkeeper has only 3 atts below 10 (technique, agression and creativity), and 6 above 15 (agility, communication, teamwork, leadership, stamina and strength), and he keeps saying that worse goalkeepers are better than him.

I'm not exactly sure if this is a bug or not but mido was unhappy so a news item said middlesborough would sell him for 700k it even said my team would be intrested (Cardiff) so I put in a 700k bid and they rejected it saying he was a valuable member of the team, I thought something was wrong because it just said he was transfer listed, so I check and intact he isn't transfer listed. I will provide screenshots if needed.

I've just started a game as Wycombe. For some reason Wycombe were in the Northern section of Johnstone's Paint Trophy. Doesn't seem quite right as Hereford, Northampton, Port Vale, Shrewsbury & Burton were all in the Southern section. Wycombe played in the Southern section this season iirc.

I seem to be experiencing more crashes with the latest FMH on my iPhone 3G with the latest firmware. This occurs when I am on the tactics screen during a game; I have a feeling it might be to do with the number of changes that I am making in the last third of a tight game. I'll make some notes when I end up doing similar again but usually I will have made at least 2 substitutions, changed formation, 2 to 3 player positions and adjusted team instructions.

Thanks for letting us know, we are looking in to issues with match tactics and the results of multiple changes to the line up

I have a minor bug to report.

In my game Man Utd are using a regen Turkish goalkeeper called Metin Çakir. In the 2D match view his name is displayed as simply 'akir', the 'Ç' doesn't show up at all. I think there must be an issue with the cedilla.

Thanks for reporting this, it is something that we will be looking at now

I've just started a game as Wycombe. For some reason Wycombe were in the Northern section of Johnstone's Paint Trophy. Doesn't seem quite right as Hereford, Northampton, Port Vale, Shrewsbury & Burton were all in the Southern section. Wycombe played in the Southern section this season iirc.

This issue is something that we are aware of. There are certain factors which mean that teams are not always in the north or south section, some years they might switch. The fine tuning of this element is hopefully going to be looked at.

Hi guys, Well done Marc not a bad little game for a a first crack!

I have found a few issues some large, some small...(All before the update, haven't got wifi at the mo to update my game, also running on a 32GB 3Gs with tonnes of memory!)

As manager of Rimini in Serie C1/B

1) I had some dross GK's so I relegated all but one to the reserves which then offered me the choice of a "virtual"/grey GK , clicking on him caused my game to crash 100% reproducible

2) Tiny bug, but all San Marino regens are coming through as Italian and not San Marinese!

3) Another tiny bug from the early FMH days that I think I popped in test track, the match commentry always uses "The referee" which can cause lines where there is a capital letter in the middle of a sentence.

4) As has been mentioned the virtual teams are doing too well in the 5/6 seasons I have played every time a team from the first round of the world club championship has made the final, i.e. the team from honduras or guatemala or new zealand or some other awful footballing nation, and 2 or 3 times winning it, by beating the likes of Barcelona or Inter Milan, irl this has never happened perhaps a team from Mexico from the quater finals making the final yes but these tiny crap teams shouldn't make the final let alone win...

5) Not a bug but something missing from the FMH game (I think) that I like is the ability to view teams from a nation....

If I want to scout all the teams from Brazil looking to uncover a hidden gem there is currently no way to do this other than find the club in either a random players history page or from a news item or the transfers page, but if I want to go to a specific club I cannot find a simple route, for example in Italy I would like to have a look at the Hull team, but this is impossible, unless I search for a player who I know plays there, but after 6 seasons I don't know who is and isn't there!

6) I would also like to have, if only in the active nation the clubs division on the info page, I've been drawn against Cremonese in the Italian cup, I want to know what division they are in, currently I must go to the fixtures page and scroll down until the league season begins and then see what division, would be slightly nicer to have that information on the club info screen, and if possible the current league position?

7) Another feature request, this one/two more likely for future versions... Expected/Predicted league finish again on the club info screen, along with the pre-season, bookies expectations news item?

Ok enough for now!

Ooooh also noticed

8) that at the end of my last season at the season review

Serie A top goal scorer was my striker

Serie B was a defensive Midfielder

Serie C1A was a Left back

Serie C1B was a AM/F RLC

I figure DL's and DMC's shouldn't be the leagues top goalscorers...

although is only from one season

this is the 2015/16 season I think as well...

Cheers Chuter, we'll get all of these looked at and logged (or your bugs bumped if that's the case ;))

Regarding #1 - the grey player crash - does this happen in any new game you start? Is it only that one particular grey player affected or are there others? We've been unable to reproduce this here thus far.

I think Darth Vaughan might have already fixed this...

Persistent crash - I tapped on a computer generated player on squad list to try to look at his attributes and everytime I do this it crashes.

I have tried hard resetting iPhone but still happens.

When you say 'computer generated' do you mean a 'grey' (virtual player) or someone who wasn't in the original database?

PS - One of the things I'm going to be looking at for an update is a way to 'export' peoples save games to SI so we can retrieve and hopefully that will help ensure things like this are fixed asap (at the moment as you probably realise its relying on intuition to ascertain the cause of the issues a little bit too much).

Haha well spotted! If you log FHM screenshots, we'll get those looked at too :D

Tut, tut, tut... what ever became of the over zealous test room internet filter... :(

Also pretty sure there were a couple of other things in the OTF FMHi thread I posted like the ability to choose to view or filter pages, so you could keep the order of a page but view different things, i.e. keep selection filter/order but view condition... Capisce?

• SI Staff
Serie A top goal scorer was my striker

Serie B was a defensive Midfielder

Serie C1A was a Left back

Would you mind checking these players out to see if they play in multiple positions and if feasible whether they're likely to be taking freekicks/pens for their sides.

(basically yes it'd be unusual, but it is possible ...)

I was scrolling through some Champions League scores and found this. It's very, very minor - but shouldn't goal scorers be listed in chronological order?

Hi alistair85, this is something that we are aware of, thanks for taking the time to report it anyway.

Archived