Top Class Youngsters

Courtesy of Foxmad...

1) Arrange friendly for your reserve team against U18's in about 2 weeks time.

2) Select all of your reserve team using Ctrl+A

3) Move them all to either the first team squad or U18's.

4) Continue a few times

5) About a day later you will have a squad full of grey players.

6) All of these will be amazing 19 year old .

7) Offer them contracts and move to Senior team.

8) Another lot will come through.

9) This can be repeated as many times as you like and due to them demanding little wages is a sure fire way to get a better team.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Francis Cole:

The main thing here which is missing is it seems to only work in Italy.

Try it with AC Milan and presuming you sign all the gray players in your reserves you'll find that Kaka will struggle to get on the bench.

Are you serious? This is... weird.

i tried it with liverpoiol. under18s and reserves and it didn't work.

dont' suppose it matters much though it would be nice to get it fixed.

could this mean that the return of the problem were the AI would sell their players and be playing greys for the rest of the gaem if they're that ogod.

Originally posted by dafuge:

Does anyone with FM Scout fancy having a look at the CA/PA's of these players in FM07?

I haven't tried it in 07, but my coach reports (and the obvious attributes) suggest that these players would almost all be "leading stars at any Serie A side", while most of them have little or no potential for growth, quite possibly because they're all so good already.

Originally posted by Dreaded Walrus:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

Does anyone with FM Scout fancy having a look at the CA/PA's of these players in FM07?

I haven't tried it in 07, but my coach reports (and the obvious attributes) suggest that these players would almost all be "leading stars at any Serie A side", while most of them have little or no potential for growth, quite possibly because they're all so good already. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup. It appears they appear with maxed out ca/pa. It seems they are as good (if not better) than your current squad. Nice little bug really.

Strange thing is they are worth 0. Probably appear with 0 rep too!

Originally posted by Norville Rodgers:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sweet-Zombie-Jesus:

How do people find these things out?

I thought that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well perhaps they just took over at an Italian club that didn't have many reserve players, and saw one or two greys which looked good. And tried to make more. I've been at quite a few teams that haven't had many reserve players in the past, though always in England.

this is obviously a bug but still wow. I have about 20 players like this !!!

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/8721/amazingyoungstermf9.png

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/3761/newpicture3wh3.png

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/1786/newpicture4kf6.png

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/6816/newpicture5iq2.png

peronally i think it was my brilliant management and revamp of the youth system icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Alurny:

I have a striker with 20 technique,composure,heading,jumping and finishing icon_redface.gif

Shut it down for now though. Going to have to show my house mates when they return. icon_smile.gif

dont tell them about the bug just say your an amazing manager

Originally posted by Blackcats:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alurny:

I have a striker with 20 technique,composure,heading,jumping and finishing icon_redface.gif

Shut it down for now though. Going to have to show my house mates when they return. icon_smile.gif

dont tell them about the bug just say your an amazing manager </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Working With Youngsters 20 icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Liam =D:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alurny:

Think they will want to know right? icon_wink.gif

Sorry for reporting it :p

Alurny.

Always doing things for the greater good. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry to spoil it but I can guarantee it will be a problem in the long run if not sorted. Think of those network gamers!

No one will be able to play Italy and succeed without being hailed a cheater icon_redface.gif

Grreat find Liam =) / Foxmad

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Liam =D:

Alurny.

Sorry to spoil it but I can guarantee it will be a problem in the long run if not sorted. Think of those network gamers!

No one will be able to play Italy and succeed without being hailed a cheater icon_redface.gif

Grreat find Liam =) / Foxmad </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, I'm glad you did it. I was about to do the same thing. I'm sure there are others who agree, too.

I've got a feeling this has been a problem for a while. I remember facing Messina in the CL with Braintree in FM06, they had a team full of world class looking grey players. They were a far better team than any of the other big European teams who had teams full of real players. I think they won the UEFA Cup without a real player in their team.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Liam =D:

Alurny.

Actually, I'm glad you did it. I was about to do the same thing. I'm sure there are others who agree, too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I could just see it ruining my annual hot seat game with my house mates where we always play italy. There would be trouble left, right and center!

I've got a feeling this has been a problem for a while. I remember facing Messina in the CL with Braintree in FM06, they had a team full of world class looking grey players. They were a far better team than any of the other big European teams who had teams full of real players. I think they won the UEFA Cup without a real player in their team.

A bit later on I will did out a screen shot from 06 where my house mate and I found a player from shamrock (grey) with a stupid amount of 20's.

We also had a save where Blackpool Mechanics had a squad of world class players but I don't know if we took a screenshot icon_redface.gif

Alurny.

Actually, I'm glad you did it. I was about to do the same thing. I'm sure there are others who agree, too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know. I was only messing Alurny.

I remember similar occasions, too. I would dread an Italian opponent ever having an injury crisis. I might test it out later.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

A bit later on I will did out a screen shot from 06 where my house mate and I found a player from shamrock (grey) with a stupid amount of 20's.

We also had a save where Blackpool Mechanics had a squad of world class players but I don't know if we took a screenshot icon_redface.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wil dig* out a screen shot.

Stupid typos!

Originally posted by postal postie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by irish2101:

i know its been asked a few times, but i can't seem to find an answer, this bug is only in the 08 demo correct?

the demo is exactly the same to teh boxed edition. just without the ability to start a new game. and you can't go on holiday </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ok then, is this bug on in the new game, and not in last years version?

Archived