Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

While I'm waiting for a reply from Bambi, would anyone be able to help be find a FM save before Euro 2008 with the correct teams?

I brought that idea up a while ago but I couldn't find one anywhere. Perhaps there might be one around by now.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting the correct teams should be easy enough as there's only 2/3 group games left iirc. I reckon the draw wouldn't be too hard, the groups are seeded so I'd at least be able to get close enough to the proper draw.

EDIT: I've got all the correct teams qualifying easily enough, I know the draw date is early December irl but on FM don't they have it in mid-December? I'll take a look around the month and see. Also, if anyone could tell me the FM date for Euro 2008 squad selection that would be great.

I won't be able to re-create the exact Euro 2008 groups unfortunately, as some teams who were in the same group irl (Sweden and Russia) are in the same pot, so cannot be drawn together.

However, I've done my own Euro 2008 draw after 3 attempts to get an interesting conclusion, and I'm sure it'll be just as entertaining as the real one. And naturally, there's a Group of Death! ;) Lets just say, you'll be unlucky if you end up with a team in Group C...

I'll be planning to launch this (in tandem with my current sign-up, that'll still be going) as soon as I find the date for Euro 2008 squad selection, and when/if Bambi replies to my e-mail.

Does it matter about getting his permission? From what I've heard he isn't coming back

Where did that rumour come from then? Though he did go on holiday and never returned :(. The sign-up will most likely be up Monday, but if I get impatient then it'll end up being tommorow no doubt.

I've an idea: an endurance event sign-up along the lines of 'English Endurance' or something. The basic premise being that 20, 44, 68, 92 or however many people sign-up and each get a team in the Football League. The aim then is to see who can last the longest. I could set it for only Premiership, Prem & Championship, them and League 1 or the whole Football League, or more, depending on how many people want to sign up.

Basically I get everyone's manager details (very basic as it could be a lot of people) and create them in the editor, adding them to an English club and seeing how long they last, doing reports on their progress every half-season. Whoever wins can be the 'English Endurance King' (or Queen). The idea's in a larvae stage and all ideas/criticisms welcome and necessary.

Guest roberto922

How can you get an award for doing nothing? At first I thought you meant we take control and see who can get through the most seasons which I'd be interested in, TBH the above doesn't interest me but it could interest a few others I suppose, the most you'd get would probably be the Premiership though tbh.

I agree it could be a good idea but one thing it doesn't take into account is rehiring and movings club e.g. Mr A is fired as Sunderland manager. Sunderland then go on to hire Senoir B from Fulham. Now under the original idea this would count as a loss however he did not lose his job he merely moved. However saying that I still would be interested.

Guest roberto922

I don't get why you should be given the title of Endurance King or anything similiar for doing nothing, obv that's just my opinion but I think you should only get titles/awards for working towards something no matter what it is.

Guest roberto922

That's easily counterd blowcrapup (love the name ;)) you could just go by how long they went without getting sacked rather than staying in the same job.

I agree it could be a good idea but one thing it doesn't take into account is rehiring and movings club e.g. Mr A is fired as Sunderland manager. Sunderland then go on to hire Senoir B from Fulham. Now under the original idea this would count as a loss however he did not lose his job he merely moved. However saying that I still would be interested.

The intention was that this would result in B at Fulham 'losing' the sign-up. I think it would be silly if one manager went through 5 or 6 different jobs but still won the sign-up.

The 'English Endurance King' was just something they could title themselves with. It isn't supposed to be an award and the main purpose of the sign-up would be for entertainment.

Still, I'll leave this open for discussion, see what others have to say.

The intention was that this would result in B at Fulham 'losing' the sign-up. I think it would be silly if one manager went through 5 or 6 different jobs but still won the sign-up.

The 'English Endurance King' was just something they could title themselves with. It isn't supposed to be an award and the main purpose of the sign-up would be for entertainment.

Still, I'll leave this open for discussion, see what others have to say.

Right that clears that up for me then.

Guest roberto922

So they'd get punished if they moved from League One to a prem club? I don't think the participant would be too happy tbh.

But the whole idea of the sign up is to see who can stay at their club for the longest, moving form a league one club ot a prem club would mean you have failed it. I think it could be really good canvey.

Yeah I see what your saying. It could turn out to be good.

So here is my idea for a challenge

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The challenge is you can only use players at the club when you arrive, and you can only use players that come throught your youth set up. Well this the basis for it. I'm started it with limerick 37. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas for it to make it better.

You can loan in 3 players a season and maybe bring in 3/4 free signings a season

So what do you think

Plz tell me it isn't been done already

Guest roberto922

Just seems like an average career game to me until you get higher up, it could be quite good if you added a couple more things though. Perhaps stuff like if you want to keep it local, after the players that are there when you start go you could set restrictions like you can only sign players from the clubs nation or if you want to be stricter the clubs city?

Just seems like an average career game to me until you get higher up, it could be quite good if you added a couple more things though. Perhaps stuff like if you want to keep it local, after the players that are there when you start go you could set restrictions like you can only sign players from the clubs nation or if you want to be stricter the clubs city?

Yeah that sounds interesting pls keep the ideas flowing

There's already something along those lines called "The Great Escape Challenge". The game starts in March though I think.

Yeah ive seen that , but i mean one that starts in July 07 . Could be done in stages . e.g.

1) Avoid relegation

2) Promotion

3) Win cup

4) Get to Premierleague

5) Win Prem

just out of interest, do people think there hasn't been a goalkeeper sign-up (from what i've noticed) because there isn't interest in one, or do people think they would be interested in such a thing?

I've made a goalkeeper sign-up. Granted I didn't do it, but I still made one.

It depends what kind of information you're wanting to keep track of really, I know it's a lot easier to follow a players career if you're managing a team but I wouldn't have thought it was necessary to be managing a team follow a managers career.