Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

Guest roberto922

Why would the club could get compensation for a manager being sacked? Surely it would be the other way round? Other than that small detail it sounds like a good idea

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest roberto922

Now that the patch is out I'm gonna start taking names for the Survivor Edition, ability doesn't really matter (except for very basic maths skills :)) but I only want regular posters that co-operate with each other without it turning into an argument, I also don't want anyone with a history of hit 'n' run in the sign up. 12 places are available so I'll put the list up here:

etc.

Now that the patch is out I'm gonna start taking names for the Survivor Edition, ability doesn't really matter (except for very basic maths skills :)) but I only want regular posters that co-operate with each other without it turning into an argument, I also don't want anyone with a history of hit 'n' run in the sign up. 12 places are available so I'll put the list up here:

1. Pluckaduck

etc.

Should be interesting mate.

I'm currently editing my database for a new AI experiment I am preparing to run. I will release full details at a later date, but what I need now, is a list of the best managers in the World of Football. I need 12 and have currently got 2 who I am certain should be on the list. It's essential that I get the best managers so the experiment will be most effective. Any help would be massively appreciated. So far I have 2 certainties, who are as follows...

1. Sir Alex Ferguson

2. Jose Mourinho

Some others i am thinking of are, Marcelo Lippi, David Moyes, Rafa Benitez, Arsene Wenger, Ottmar Hitzfeld, Dario Gradi, Fabio Capello, Gordon Strachan, Martin O'Neill, Slaven Bilic, Graeme Souness, Harry Redknapp, Manuel José (Egypt's Al-Ahly manager), Maurizio Trombetta, Louis van Gaal, Giovanni Trapattoni, Carlo Ancellotti, Sven Goran Errikson, Dunga, Luiz Felipe Scolari, Zico and Mark Hughes.

Most of those were taken from A list on the Football Forum, So don't go crazy at me if there are some White Elephants are there.

I am quite keen to add one or two manages who are a little lesser known as it would give people a chance to realise there are great managers that are managing outside of Europe. Someone like Manuel Jose or Aurelio Vidmar fit the bill perfectly.

So guy's just add to that list and hopefully I'll have 12 of the best managers in the World within a couple of days, So the AI experiment can begin!

Originally Posted by roberto922

Now that the patch is out I'm gonna start taking names for the Survivor Edition, ability doesn't really matter (except for very basic maths skills ) but I only want regular posters that co-operate with each other without it turning into an argument, I also don't want anyone with a history of hit 'n' run in the sign up. 12 places are available so I'll put the list up here:

1. Pluckaduck

2. Weeman27bob

etc.

I'd like to be added please.

Just seen the 'SI Community Challenge #1' - good idea and the obvious choice to start with. Maybe an edit to include a paragraph at the start explaining exactly what the Community Challenges are/are intended to be would be useful (plus a link to this forum for those interested in further challenges ;):p)

Just seen the 'SI Community Challenge #1' - good idea and the obvious choice to start with. Maybe an edit to include a paragraph at the start explaining exactly what the Community Challenges are/are intended to be would be useful (plus a link to this forum for those interested in further challenges ;):p)

What Big D said. Especially the last part. :D

Are there just going to be a long line of stickies with SI Community Challenge #1, #2, etc.? Or just one sticky thread with all the challenges?

Are there just going to be a long line of stickies with SI Community Challenge #1, #2, etc.? Or just one sticky thread with all the challenges?

When a new one is started, the old one will be unstickied, meaning there will only be one sticky in all the forums at a time.

I have an idea for an AI Experiment, and I need a volunteer to help run it. The job will at first be time consuming but then easy. Initially, you'll need to put in two hours or so, and then it will flow.

The Experiment will be based around a simple question: if the money poured out of Europe and into South America, what would happen?

The obvious answer is that the European leagues would become feeders for Brazil etc., but in reality, there aren't as many players in England as in Brazil, and youth facilities are worse (in game), so it could be very interesting.

PM me if you want to volunteer.

I thought of a challenge involving sticking an empty team in the Premiership, with around 50M, and you had to build a team with just Transfer Listed players, Loan Signings, and Free Agents. You'd then have to go on to win the league and champions league (obviously not in the first season, and relegations and such were allowed)

Here's an idea that came about after one of my wingers scored an absolute peach of a goal:

The CSE Goal Of The Week/Month

Now that we have our games in glorious 3D, I wondered if something like this would be possible/workable. Users could submit PKMs or video clips of goals for consideration. The winners could be chosen either by panel or vote.

There are a couple of problems I forsee so any ideas on working around them would be appreciated:

- How to 'record' the goals. Videos of the monitor would be too low quality so are there any other ways to get videos of them? Or would looking at PKMs be the only option?

- How to vet the submissions. If the idea takes off, the thread could end up being swamped with nominations. My main idea around that atm is to have a window for submitting goals (say a few hours on a Sunday).

What do you think?

Here's an idea that came about after one of my wingers scored an absolute peach of a goal:

Now that we have our games in glorious 3D, I wondered if something like this would be possible/workable. Users could submit PKMs or video clips of goals for consideration. The winners could be chosen either by panel or vote.

There are a couple of problems I forsee so any ideas on working around them would be appreciated:

- How to 'record' the goals. Videos of the monitor would be too low quality so are there any other ways to get videos of them? Or would looking at PKMs be the only option?

- How to vet the submissions. If the idea takes off, the thread could end up being swamped with nominations. My main idea around that atm is to have a window for submitting goals (say a few hours on a Sunday).

What do you think?

There are various screen capture programs around that record video.

I'd love to take part, but I can't use the 3d, so I don't know which are my very best goals.

I thought of a challenge involving sticking an empty team in the Premiership, with around 50M, and you had to build a team with just Transfer Listed players, Loan Signings, and Free Agents. You'd then have to go on to win the league and champions league (obviously not in the first season, and relegations and such were allowed)

I like that idea, it's very wheeler-dealerish. Would be tough in the first season, but should get easier as it goes on.

What do you think?

Great idea :thup:

Loked puts good looking videos in his sign up thread, maybe he could help you out?

Great idea :thup:

Loked puts good looking videos in his sign up thread, maybe he could help you out?

Cool. :cool: I'll PM him about it later.

Some further ideas I had while mulling it over today (while waiting around shopping centres holding the bags and coats during last minute Christmas shopping....):

- in order to put some standard limit on the submissions, perhaps we could say the goal must have earned a goal of the week/month/season award in the game. I was also thinking of 1 submission per user per week.

- depending on the format of the videos, I could make a top three mix and post it on a purpose made YouTube/MySpace channel with links to each set of winners in the OP.

- the ultimate aim would then be to have a forum-wide vote before the FM10 release for the best goal of all from FM09 (could be part of the CSE awards or could be done seperately).

Guest mikeytwigge

Create a club world champion

My idea for a sign up is a create a club idea (originally thought upby ridleys who I have asked permission to make this and he agreed thanks) in Soulth America where the ultimate goal would be for your club to win the club world championship. There would be 4 created clubs in each of the following leagues argenbtina brasil columbia chille and uruguay starting in the second division of each of these leagues. I would then follow the clubs progress up the leagues and into the copa litabores(sp?) and eventually to the club world championship.

What are your opinions on this and would you be interested in joining?

Create a club world champion

My idea for a sign up is a create a club idea (originally thought upby ridleys who I have asked permission to make this and he agreed thanks) in Soulth America where the ultimate goal would be for your club to win the club world championship. There would be 4 created clubs in each of the following leagues argenbtina brasil columbia chille and uruguay starting in the second division of each of these leagues. I would then follow the clubs progress up the leagues and into the copa litabores(sp?) and eventually to the club world championship.

What are your opinions on this and would you be interested in joining?

Looks good :thup:

I'd definitely be interested.

So members are going to make up the players for 4 teams?! That's a lot of work for you.

Guest mikeytwigge

no you wouldnt make up the players i would just create the club and you would choose things like reputation ect and each "forumite" would have 1 team