Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

They aren't rivals, they do have the two largest supporter groups in the country, but they are similiar (both are traditionally supported by the lower class) and actually have a mutual respect for each other. Its the upper class (insert swearword) of Sao Paulo and Fluminenese that they hate. :D

I got that rivalry off a website. :p

It's always nice to learn more about Brazilian football. :D

Are countries going to be included too? Better not forget Canada vs USA if you do! :p

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, here's the overall and final list for my Rivalry Experiement:

Ajax V PSV

Boca Juniors v River Plate

Hibernian V Hearts

PSG V Marseille

Olimpiakos v Panathanikos

Roma V Lazio

Cruzeiro v Atletico Mineiro

Boca V River

America-MEX v Chivas

Flamengo v Fluminense

AC Milan V Inter Milan

Barcelona v R Madrid

Liverpool V Everton

Liverpool V Man Utd

Arsenal V Tottenham

Arsenal V Chelsea

Man Utd v Man City

Celtic V Rangers

R Madrid V A Madrid

Sunderland V Newcastle

Tottenham V Chelsea

Galatasaray vs Fenerbahce

Sporting Lisbon vs Benfica

Juve vs Fiorentina

Spartak Moscow vs CSKA Moscow

Slavia Prague vs Sparta Prague

Ok, cheers to eveyone who's helped out with the list :thup:

I'll start this over the next few days anda brief reminder of how rivalries will be judged:

- The Passionate Rivalry (Most Red and Yellow Cards)

- The Most Exciting Rivarly (Most Goals in game)

- The Highest Quality on Show Rivalry (Most player with Av. Rating over 7.00)

- The Most Dirty Rivalry (Most Injuries in game)

- The Best Rivalry Out There (Best on average out of all of the above)

- The Most Dull Rivalry (Least Goals)

- The Least Quality on Show Rivalry (Most Average ratings under 7.00)

- The Lack-of-Passion Rivalry (Least amount of Cards)

- The Wort Rivalry Out There (Got the most of the Above)

Anyone got any other ideas? (for how they're judged)

EDIT: Cheers for that mate, Managed to come up with more ideas because of that idea, thanks :thup:

Have had an idea about managing more than one team for a challenge - maybe a four team challenge.

You start by selecting a team from each of the four English divisions - you may select any but need to be aware of the different affects of choosing certain teams. For example, you might go for Manchester City, Sheffield United, Huddersfield Town and Chesterfield. The aim would be to have the teams work together to bring success to each club. The successes would lead to points being scored by each player, i.e. League 2 team promoted to League 1 would score points, more points if they are promoted to the Championship etc ... There could be a super amount of points for having all four teams into the Champions League together! You would make the teams work together using a combination of transfer deals, loan deals and youth players, parent/feeder clubs if you can get your teams linked up etc ...

What does anyone think?

Are there any clubs to use in a challenge where you can only sign players from a certain region?

Such as Basque players for the Cultural Durango challenge in '06.

Are Athletic still only allowed to sign Basque players?

It might be fun trying to bring the top Basque players home, but not sure about the long term playability of going straight for a top flight club. Perhaps a self imposed transfer policy with lower league Basque (or any other region) clubs eligible would add more variety.

Are there any clubs to use in a challenge where you can only sign players from a certain region?

It might be fun trying to bring the top Basque players home, but not sure about the long term playability of going straight for a top flight club. Perhaps a self imposed transfer policy with lower league Basque (or any other region) clubs eligible would add more variety.

In the JoseRR thread Flashman has just tried doing it with a Basque club signing only Basque players. he has abandoned it after 3 seasons of fighting against relegation in order to only sign Spanish players. Could do something like that.

As for clubs that impose such a transfer policy, i can only think of Athletic Bilbao. i had a quick look and it might only be Bilbao who have such a policy. the best way i think might be to take a club and implement a policy yourself....

I was thinking of maybe creating a colonial type challenge that was like the India challenge last year. The player would start in England in League 2 or something, then would have to go to the MLS (oh no an MLS Challlenge), A-League, or India, where they would have to set up a link with an English team and would have to start the players that were given to them and would only be able to sign English players and players from within the nation. They would then have to win the league at which point they would cancel the link with the English team and try to get the national team job and overtake the English National Team in the World Rankings and win the World Cup.

Any thoughts on this. It wouldn't go up until January or so, when things start to die down with the other challenges.

I was thinking of maybe creating a colonial type challenge that was like the India challenge last year. The player would start in England in League 2 or something, then would have to go to the MLS (oh no an MLS Challlenge), A-League, or India, where they would have to set up a link with an English team and would have to start the players that were given to them and would only be able to sign English players and players from within the nation. They would then have to win the league at which point they would cancel the link with the English team and try to get the national team job and overtake the English National Team in the World Rankings and win the World Cup.

Any thoughts on this. It wouldn't go up until January or so, when things start to die down with the other challenges.

spartan, it would be hard with MLS with all those player restrictions! :(

But the idea of starting in MLS is a great start! :D

I'm thinking of doing a 'CSE Ryder Cup'. Basically, two teams of 12 'Europe' and 'America' including a captain each.

There will be 5 or 6 stages. It will be along the lines of the Ryder Cup Format, each person signing up will complete a season with a certain team in a certain league. Then, points will be allocated on how well they did in that season. Whoever wins that pairing scores a point, and if it is a tie, half a point is awarded, like the Ryder Cup. The format

Day 1 Morning - Fourballs (2 Europeans v 2 Americans) Players complete a season, they are awarded points for how well they competed with that team. The points are combined with their partner. Whichever pair scores the highest combined, gets a point

Day 1 Afternoon - Foursomes (2 Europeans v 2 Americans) Similar to Fourballs, however the best score contributes on who wins the tie.

Day 2 Morning - Fourballs

Day 2 Afternoon - Foursomes

Day 3 - Singles (1 European v 1 American) - Similar in concept with the pairing games, however, whichever player scores the most points get the point.

Each team will have a designated captain and vice captain (in case captain cannot make it), captains jobs are to decide who is paired up with who. Each competitor will be given a week to complete the season.

Thoughts please.

There's a few Basque clubs in the Spanish Second Division B1, Sestao River Club, Barakaldo and I think Lemona are. They're all feeder clubs of Athletic at least.

If you check their newgens they'll all have Basque as a second nationality.

If you go on holiday others can be promoted, there's a list of Basque clubs on wikipedia-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Basque_football_clubs

It's also possible to manage Bilbao Athletic in Second Division B1, the B team, while another manager is in charge of the main team.

None of the smaller Basque teams seem to have the restriction like they used to on FM 06.

Guest roberto922

spartans5 - you should be careful about overloading yourself with stuff on this forum, you've already got two demanding sign ups running (Eurovision in particular)

I'm thinking of doing a 'CSE Ryder Cup'. Basically' date=' two teams of 12 'Europe' and 'America' including a captain each.

There will be 5 or 6 stages. It will be along the lines of the Ryder Cup Format, each person signing up will complete a season with a certain team in a certain league. Then, points will be allocated on how well they did in that season. Whoever wins that pairing scores a point, and if it is a tie, half a point is awarded, like the Ryder Cup. The format

Day 1 Morning - Fourballs (2 Europeans v 2 Americans) Players complete a season, they are awarded points for how well they competed with that team. The points are combined with their partner. Whichever pair scores the highest combined, gets a point

Day 1 Afternoon - Foursomes (2 Europeans v 2 Americans) Similar to Fourballs, however the best score contributes on who wins the tie.

Day 3 - Singles (1 European v 1 American) - Similar in concept with the pairing games, however, whichever player scores the most points get the point.

Each team will have a designated captain and vice captain (in case captain cannot make it), captains jobs are to decide who is paired up with who. Each competitor will be given a week to complete the season.

Thoughts please.[/quote']

that's a really great idea for a 'challenge tournament', and if I had the time i'd definitely want to take part.

I'm thinking of doing a 'CSE Ryder Cup'. Basically' date=' two teams of 12 'Europe' and 'America' including a captain each.

Thoughts please.[/quote']

This sounds like a great idea :thup:

Oh I know, and I am only doing those two sign-ups right now, so my progress in the challenge would be limited and someone else could always put it up, i just had the idea and thought i should put it out there

I wouldn't mind putting the challenge up, but that depends whether I'm doing FM09 A New World Challenge/Signup/Experiment...

So, as mentioned previously I came up with another idea. On reflection, there wouldn’t be much point in me getting deeply involved, especially as it could be pretty time consuming. But, if someone wanted to develop it, I’d be happy to help out. So who knows where this goes, if anywhere?

Anyway, I present to you a proposal – CSE: The Soap Opera

With the ability to add female staff, it occurred to me that it makes a ‘couples’ sign up possible. Most likely this would ‘husband and wife’ manager and assistant teams.

Step 1 would involve those signing up creating their own profiles and picking the qualities they look for in a ‘partner’. At this point, they would also pick the ‘DNA’ that they would pass on to any players.

Step 2 would involve everyone being matched up into their couples based on compatibility – a dating agency service, if you like - plus deciding who’s male and female and who’s manager and assistant. I’m sure some people would love to be female…

Step 3 is where it gets interesting – the happy couple would have some kids ;)

You could really go anywhere with this, but I thought it would be interesting to have a few different players you could follow. Therefore based on the ‘DNA’ previously chosen, you kids would share the qualities and flaws from both ‘parents’. My initial thoughts are you could have a set of twins – one good and one bad, and one other kid who you initially don’t know about…

So you now have whole families, so I reckoned this is where it starts to resemble a soap opera. Those signing up could be assigned, or decide themselves, on their friendships and rivalries with the other families. So, your couple would be looking to get one over on the ones you don’t like and looking for your own players to be as successful as possible.

You therefore have:

Good kid – starts at your club, you get points for their performances.

Bad kid – another ‘couple’ has to adopt one bad kid. They would then lose points based on bad on-field discipline, and any trouble making they cause (going awol, requesting transfers, being disliked by other players), but the parents would receive points for causing a disliked neighbour grief…

Controvertially, as an added twist, you could throw in another player, who’s arisen from a past indiscretion :D. These players would again be created using the DNA provided, but this time, with a random other male/female (as applicable) in the sign up. I’m not sure exactly how this would work, but maybe all their attributes were masked and you can only reveal them by asking relevant questions – thus allowing you to guess which player is ‘yours’, eventually. Once you’ve figured it out, you’d start scoring points for their performances too.

You have a lot of rivalry and intrigue there. If it was well enough written, it could be pretty entertaining, with plenty of banter for participants ‘down the local’...

I've had an idea of running a 'Premier League Chairman' sign-up, where i'd have say 10-20 people sign-up to be Premier League club chairman. Basically they'd get to do the following -

Sack The Manager - If they don't feel their current manager is doing very well, they have the option to sack him (this can come at anytime during the season). I'm not sure how i'd implement whoever their new manager is, so that could be pot-luck. They'd only be able to sack 1 manager per season.

Finances - The Chairman would at the beginning of each season would set the budgets for both the Transfer and Wage budget, depending on the funds the club has at the end of the season. They'd also pick the 'percentage' of funds raised through transfers of which their manager would have to spend on players.

Upgrades - Also coming out of the clubs funds at the start of the season, the Chairman would have the option of upgrading the clubs: Training Facilities, Youth Facilities, Stadium Size and Reputation of the club. Their would also be an option of reducing these things, in order for the club to raise some more funds to either spend on other upgrades, or to improve the transfer/wage budget.

Other things may be possible when I release the sign-up, dependent on the ever improving magic that is FMRTE.

I have the A1GP sign-up running at the moment so this sign-up will probably have to wait, which I am more than happy to do, was just seeing if there would be any interest in it if it was to be released.

bermybhoy: I really like the sound of you idea, if you want to discuss it and see if we can't get something of that sort running send me a pm. I'd be up for running it as well as writing it if we get that far

Sure thing. If you wanted to go ahead then I can help with some ideas. There seems to be a ton of things kicking off at the moment mind you, so you might want to hold off for a bit.

Guest roberto922

I'm looking at releasing my Survivor: FM Edition over Christmas, this is the one sign up I've thought up (unless you count the Euros asa sign up) that I feel has the potential to be great and I really want this one to take off so without further ado here it is, feel free to make suggestions and I will consider them, the budgeting won't be changed though as it's an integral part of the sign-up and IMo works quite well.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello and welcome to Survivor: FM Edition, I'm your host Robert Jones. Tonight sees the beginning of a new era here on Survivor. 12 clubs have been created by Villiam Geets, Bill Gates' Dutch cousin, He has set aside £200 million aside to each club, this money will take stadium, training facilities etc into consideration.

12 of you lucky viewers will decide the futures of their clubs and it all depends on how wise your choices are.

Now it's time to throw some rivalry into the mix, the league will be split into 2 groups: The Bandits and the Pirates. You lot will be the main force behind any success that the clubs have.

At the end of each season Villiam will donate a further £50 Million to each group, the members of the groups will then decide what to do with the money (Put it in the transfer budget, wage budget, expand stadium etc.) and I will then fix it using FMRTE.

The £50m doesn't have to be spread out, if there's one club close to dominating and the group want to push it to the top they may put the majority on to that clubs shoulders and vice versa with struggling clubs.

So will you be the saviour of your chosen group or will you proceed to destroy any good work made by your fellow members? Only time will tell.

RULE CHANGES: last time this was attempted it was, in my opinion, tainted by the fact that so many teams were using up to a full team of wonderkid creations, as a result there will be a limit of TWO made up players, if anyone tries to use more than two it will be ignored and the money spent on that player will NOT be reimbursed to the transfer fund.

I want to keep this running properly this time instead of giving up due to the huge task of the last attempt, therefore this time there will be one task per season rather than one task per month, updates will be at the end of each transfer window and at the start of the season, these two changes should result in updates being more frequent and the sign up lasting to the end as it will be a much more manageable size for me.

Next, co-operation and interacting is a must, this sign-up depends on users interacting together well and having just one member of the group never posting can damage the team as a whole, to try to counter this I will only allow people that I know will post regularly or that posted regualrly in the previous iteration to sign up and if a user doesn't post within 4 days of an update they will be replaced.

Lastly, I would like to apologise to the patient members of the last version for its swift end, it was simply too much work for me at the time trying to maintain a demanding sign up and balance it with other things in my life, it had to take a back burner.

Guest roberto922

You want everything in the world right? Wrong. Nothing in this life is free, take what you need and leave it at that. All this will make sense once you've read the post after this so don't go getting in a huff!

1,000: £0

2,000: £10 Million

3,000: £20 million

4,000: £30 million

5,000: £40 million

6,000: £50 million

7,000: £60 million

8,000: £70 million

9,000: £80 million

10,000: £90 million

Stadium Capacity:

5,000: £1 million

10,000: £3 million

15,000: £5 million

20,000: £7 million

25,000: £10 million

30,000: £12 million

35,000: £15 million

45,000: £20 million

55,000: £25 million

65,000: £30 million

75,000: £35 million

Training Facilities: £1 million per digit up to 10, £2 million per digit from 11 up to 20

Youth Facilities: £1 million per digit up to 10, £2 million per digit from 11 up to 20

Youth Academy: £10 million

Assistant Manager: £250,000 per 10 CA Points

Players:

£1,000,000 per 20 CA Points up to 100 CA (e.g A player with 100 CA = £5 million)

£2,000,000 per 20 CA Points up to 150 CA (e.g. A player with 140 CA = £9 million)

£3,000,000 per 20 CA Points up to 200 CA (e.g. A player with 200 CA = £17.5 million

The remaining money goes into the transfer budget

Guest roberto922

Right then now it's time for the fun part, let's design your club, bear in mind that you're on a budget.

Budget: £200 million

Club Name:

Short Name:

Six Letter Name:

Nickname:

Second Nickname(Optional)

Year Founded:

Stadium Name:

Stadium Capacity:

Training Facilities:

Youth Facilities:

Youth Academy?

Home Kit :-

Pattern:

Foreground:

Background:

Trim:

Away Kit :-

Pattern:

Foreground:

Background:

Trim:

Third Kit:-

Pattern:

Foreground:

Background:

Trim:

Assistant Manager:

Players:

GK:

DL:

DR:

DC

DC

MR

ML

MC:

MC:

FC:

FC:

substitutes

You may select any players as long as they fit into your budget.

GROUP: (Erase the two you haven't selected) The Bandits. The Pirates.

Groups:

The Bandits: 6 available

The Pirates: 6 available

Guest roberto922

Obviously the introductions to each bit will be changed to make it a bit fresher and this is still in the planning stage so chances are a couple of changes will be made before it is released. I'm willing to take a list of people that want to take part but I want regualr posters.

I've just had a MASSIVE idea :D and a great way to include female managers, teamwork and a long term competition :thup:

So, the basic idea is taken from the tv series "So you think you can dance". The general idea is that auditions will be open until the end of january where people will submit one (or more) game that fits the description of one of the dances given. After the auditions we will have (hopefully) 20 players that will take part, at least it will start with an even number of participants.

They will then be divided into two groups, one will be male and the other female.

Every week I will draw pairs at random, this pair will then have a week to each complete the dance they are randomly given. Each dance will have different objectives for the pair to complete. Based on the score they accumulate we will have a bottom 2/3 pairs, they will face a vote from the other members of the board as to who goes home. In effect, the points represent the votes of tv viewers and the vote from the members represent the judges choice.

Each dance will come to represent different challenges, for example:

Samba will be to play the beautiful game in a beautiful way in Brazil, might even be with the national team. Scores will be awarded for (amongst others) keeping a goals scored average of over 2.5 and yellow cards <1

Tango will be to play passionate football in Argentina. It will be high tempo with lots of tackles. Points will be awarded for having more than x tackles per game and.. erm.. something else :D

Anyone think this would work? And if so, anyone willing to help me in getting this put together for the new year? Would like auditions to open early january so they could be open for approximately a month. (Hope I haven't made a mess of explaining this :D)

So basically is it that the participants have to play a season in, say, a week, in the country of that 'dance', and fulfil the criteria in as many games as possible to get points from the judges? Or fulfil the criteria (or as close to it as possible) over the whole season?

Sounds good :thup:

Was thinking maybe 7-9 days for the completion of the season (or competition if national team) and then voting for a day. What I am trying to figure out now is exactly how to incorporate teamwork within each pair. Whether it ends up being 2 different objectives for each partner or maybe even one partner doing a club and the other a national team or some other solution.

Now, it's not always going to be a different country for each dance, might even be in a country not relating to the dance at all, that is all to be decided. Luckily I have a month and a half to figure that part out :D What I'd like to get done before the new year is to figure out how each dance will be rated, give those who would be interested a chance to try them out and submit an entry.

EDIT: forgot to answer your question :D you would play a season (or a competition) and then get points for fulfilling the criteria, no points for not completing the objectives

For the teamwork between each pair, perhaps each pair could be given 2 dances that they have to do, and they have to decide which one of them would be best suited to each of them. Club team or national team as you suggested might be good, and maybe lower league or top flight management, and other contrasting options.

Might actually make the draw in such a way that each pair gets one dance but if they really don't want to do it they could get another random draw and only score 75% or something along those lines. Might also be a great idea as you say to have one do top flight and the other lower league, or one do club and the other international. Would possibly be getting some ideas now if I wasn't at work and if my head wasn't on the verge of explosion :thdn:

Right, well basically this is a brief description of this 'Premier League Chairman' sign-up idea i've been working on for the past few days, i'm sure that I will get the interest, but obviously I want the interest from regular posters. It probably wont be launched until my current sign-up is completed, which will hopefully be around February time.

-

Premier League Take-Over, You’re The Owner!

• Ever wondered what it would be like to be Roman Abramovich?
  • Ever wanted to set a club their transfer/wage budget?
  • Ever thought ‘if I was the chairman I’d definitely improve the stadium/other facilities’
  • Ever imagined how the Chairman feels about his/her clubs performance?
  • Or do you just want to have the power to say “YOU’RE FIRED” to your clubs manager?

If so, this is the ultimate sign-up for you!

In this sign-up you will get to find out about all of the above, whilst competing with 19 other chairmen to take your club to the ultimate riches of the Premier League, and then the Champions League and so on. There isn’t a point system to this sign-up as to be honest, I’ve had enough of ‘point systems’ and believe this sign-up should just be about passion, power and success!

The Brief -

You are a very wealthy man/woman, and after all 20 of the Premier League chairmen were sacked following horrific allegations over potential match fixing, you and 19 other wealthy men/women will be rescuing England’s finest. You have been given a budget of 300M to spend on buying a club, and hiring a manager for the club. Please bare in mind that whatever money you have leftover from these purchases will go towards your starting transfer/wage budgets. For any crafty people out there (most probably people like canvey!!) if you have discovered the potential way of taking advantage of this rule, which would be picking the best team, and then the cheapest manager, then sacking him straight away and instantly getting a better replacement, please bare in mind that you cannot sack a manager until the end of the first season.

FAQ –

If my manager is sacked by the AI, what happens? – If your manager is sacked by the AI, then you will obviously get a new manager. You will also be compensated by the FA with £10M.

What if the AI automatically upgrades facilities/stadium? – If your facilities/stadium is automatically updated then first off all, you will be able to keep the upgrade. Your finances will presumably automatically drop a bit due to the facilities/stadium being upgraded, but apart from this nothing will happen. You could look at this situation as being lucky, or unlucky, it’s your choice.

What if my manager resigns, or takes another job? – If your manager resigns, or takes another job the following will happen. If your manager just resigns, not to take over a new club then you will be compensated with £10M by the FA. If your manager resigns to takeover a club that is not part of this sign-up, then you will compensated with £20M. If your manager resigns to take-over a club managed by a fellow chairman, that club will have to pay you £15M, and the FA will also have to pay you £15M.

How do I keep my manager? – At the end of each season, you will have an option to give your manager a new contract.

How do I upgrade/downgrade facilities/stadium? – At the end of each season, using the funds the club has, you will be able to spend on upgrading/downgrading your facilities and stadium. Once you have finished doing so, the money you have remaining will again be the clubs transfer/wage budget for the following season.

What happens if my club is relegated? – Obviously each season 3 clubs will inevitably be relegated. Basically, your clubs progress is still followed and you will have exactly the same options as everybody else. The only down-side is the fact until you are promoted again you will probably have less funds each year to improve things and/or have better transfer/wage budgets.

Can I sell the club and buy another one? – No, once you have bought a club, that is your club for the remainder of the sign-up.

How do I sack the manager? – If you feel your manager is not doing well, underachieving, doing more harm than good for the club or you just don’t want him as manager anymore and want a chance, then of course you can sack him. The rules with this are basically. You can’t sack a manager until the end of season 1. In the seasons following this, you can sack a manager at any time during the season providing he has been at the club for at least 6 months. Please bare in mind you have no control over who the new manager will be, so if you get a crap manager, then don’t blame me.

Will I be able to buy players? – No, you cannot buy players, only your manager can do this. However you can of course convince the manager to sign better players by giving him a higher transfer/wage budget.

-

Basically i'd like input from people in here over what I could improve, if you'd be interested and definitely any questions I could add to the FAQ :thup: