Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

I have 2 ideas for a sign-up or challenge that I would like to start:

The Emile Heskey Sign up-I will hold a sign up for up to 10 strikers, the winner will be the one who scores the least amount of goals in their career.

Get Naturalized Challenge-The aim is to manage in the leagues of a country in the latter part of the FIFA World Rankings and gain qualification for the world cup using at least 4 players that have been naturalized since the start of your save game.

Do you think these are good ideas?

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to agree, the Hesky one sounds like a laugh!

I have been thinking about a sign up recently ; Simply a marathon type sign up. Three sign-upees get in to a group, pick any player from the Premier League, where I then track the players' stats of 'distance covered' in a game. Whatever distance covered is the distance the group can travel from one destination to another. the first to that destination wins. I believe I have seen a similar signup on here before, but not the same.

The Heskey one is brilliant, could work it differently to every other signup. PA/CA = 200, pick a load of 20's and see who can choose the worst :D

I was thinking about letting players choose 5 attributes at 20, 5 attributes at 1 and the rest will be set at 10. I won't load too many leagues but I was thinking about loading a few of the English leagues, Icelandic leagues, Indian leagues and possibly the mls. But that isn't a final decision and I am open to suggestions. I will set up the sign up thread this week.

• 1 month later...

After my experiments with running sign-up's based on multiple teams with Top2Bottom, I realised that I do not have the time to dedicate to such a sign-up. Therefore, I have decided that I need a simpler set-up where I have less to focus on with my new sign-up. Apologies to those of you that were enjoying my T2B efforts but it was too much for me to carry on with ...

I really enjoyed the sign-up that somebody ran that tracked one team (a French one) and their squad of youngsters. It only lasted one season but it was fun. Focusing on one match at a time appeals to me.

So I am going to run a sign-up starting with a team in League 2. All the squad will be deleted as will the staff. They will be given a squad of 20-25 youngsters and will be tracked through their initial beginnings and onwards as they progress.

Their CA will be set to the average for League 2 and the players will be 18 years old.

Their PA will be set to 200 so that they could reach the top of the Premier League and further. However, this will require them to improve well enough over the seasons.

Would anybody be interested? It will be very, very simple!

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the youngsters will of course be your players that you design for the game!

I'd be interested. Would you do a commentary for each game? Would you be the manager and then pick the team? If so, we could then comment if you dropped us etc? Would that happen.

Commentary = yes

Me as manager = I think so

Comments = yes (this could be the fun part)

RE: comments - some ideas:

- You'd have to decide how your player would comment - you could release some kind of media statement, you could 'Tweet' your comment or you could be professional and request a 'PM' meeting with me which I could then summarise in the updates.

EDIT: Has there ever been a CSE United?

Commentary = yes

Me as manager = I think so

Comments = yes (this could be the fun part)

RE: comments - some ideas:

- You'd have to decide how your player would comment - you could release some kind of media statement, you could 'Tweet' your comment or you could be professional and request a 'PM' meeting with me which I could then summarise in the updates.

EDIT: Has there ever been a CSE United?

I don't think there has? I asked that a few months back. Canvey told me whether there was or not but I can't remember what he said :(.

A few years ago I ran a similar sort of thing where 18 players with a PA of 200 tried to get a team from "Greenland" out of the Swedish 3rd division and into the big time. Was brilliant fun and participation was great until I ran out of time with exams ect. and then my computer died. Can't reccommend club sign-ups high enough though, the banter can be fantastic. Are you sure on wanting to be apart of the English league system? I always thing going abroad can be a bit more fun and interesting, but there is nothing wrong with staying home-grown. Either way, has the potential to be great and if you need any help contact me!!

Would love to participate.

I think I'd want to do English leagues as I'm familiar with it, Plucka. Thanks for the link, good to look at for some ideas. I'm definitely going to do it so I'll let you know when the sign-up is going to take place - same for Rancer and NottsForest (though if I do, you must ensure that your boys do the Blades a massive favour and let us win on Tuesday!)

• 3 weeks later...

So time for a new idea from the head of LLR.

Desafio Dez Partidas

Basically I was looking around for something I could get interested in, and I thought some short challenges that I could run over an afternoon or so, and I thought I could come up with a series of short challenges. Only problem is there are a lot of these out there, but I also notice that they seem to have a few people commenting that when it gets up to 1 season or more they don't have time alongside their other challenges, so I am looking at a series of short challenges that would be no more than half a season long. Usually the challenge will start in the middle of the season and finish by you aiming to get to a certain position, but sometimes they will involve cup competitions or European Forays as well. I have a few ideas for challenges that I will start with, but I wanted to check that there was interest in these challenges if I started to post them.

So time for a new idea from the head of LLR.

Desafio Dez Partidas

Basically I was looking around for something I could get interested in, and I thought some short challenges that I could run over an afternoon or so, and I thought I could come up with a series of short challenges. Only problem is there are a lot of these out there, but I also notice that they seem to have a few people commenting that when it gets up to 1 season or more they don't have time alongside their other challenges, so I am looking at a series of short challenges that would be no more than half a season long. Usually the challenge will start in the middle of the season and finish by you aiming to get to a certain position, but sometimes they will involve cup competitions or European Forays as well. I have a few ideas for challenges that I will start with, but I wanted to check that there was interest in these challenges if I started to post them.

Biscotti's challenge is good. Unless you're on about you creating one. If so do it :).

Honestly, I'm yet to see anyone saying that either of the tour legs so far have been too long for them to fit in. I'm trying to vary the length from anything between 1 season and 5 seasons - I really don't think anyone is having too much trouble fitting a single season around whatever else they're playing.

Main comment I've been hearing is "Oh, I'm done now and it's still a couple of weeks til the next leg - I'm gonna go and find something else to do during that time". For this reason, I don't see why there isn't necessarily room for a few more short-term options for challenges.

For me it's nice to actually disconnect from the long-term, as I've nearly always played FM with one eye to the future of my team. With the short-term challenges, I get to take a break from that mentality.

Being brand new to this forum I fancied starting a simple sign-up. It is a bit similar to (the brilliant) Moldovan Monopoly. I thought perhaps I should gauge the interest on here first.

I want to get people to create their own player, which I will track throughout their career with awards for things like the most international caps won, who was the first to be capped etc. The players will be randomly assigned to a top level club in the league of the nationality they have chosen.

Had an idea earlier, only for a small challenge.

Using a real fixtures .dbc for the EPL, and implementing transfer embargos for all the EPL clubs, the idea would be to holiday to sometime around the current date, use FMRTE to edit the table to how it looks IRL, and then get a few mini challenges going.

-Save Wigan from relegation

-Get Bolton to 5th

-Win the league with Chelsea/Man City

They're the only ones I can think of now, obviously, you could do something with the FA Cup, depending on whose reached the latter stages (i.e win it with Blackpool), but open to other ideas.

• 4 weeks later...

Earlier, whilst hankering for some of the older FM/CM games, i had a crazy idea............

Pick a team, one of the "big 4" (or Spurs) probably, and starting with the very first CM (Well the second, as the first had no real players......) play a single season on each version........ See how much success you get across all the different games!

Now clearly very few people actually have copies of all the versions, but the first few are available to download (legally) for free i think? So could just see how many versions you can dig out the cupboard and try to get as many as possible of the set??

Completely out of the question?

With many seasons drawing to a close I was going to challenge myself to a single season in each top league with the title winning side (once confirmed) with the objective of matching the real life performance. Would that be of any interest to anyone?

You would have only a single season to do it so it is a test of your short term wheeling and dealing and tactical ability, no youth development. Once restriction I would put in place would be around transfers i.e. fee spread over no more than 24 months. Not sure whether to also turn off summer transfer budgets. Would certainly up the difficulty. Also any league is open, currently I am aware of Porto and then looking at the leagues that run different schedules, Zenit & Fluminense.. Thoughts?

I was thinking of a challenge along the lines of Wenger's Arsenal (with a twist, we actually try and win a trophy).

Challenge would allow you to pick any team anywhere in the world, and you are to win a domestic league with all international players (for England; Irish, Scottish players etc are allowed).

Simply put, if you are controlling an English team (like Arsenal), none of the players that play in the LEAGUE should be English. Would people be interested?

It would be a difficult challenge due to the rules.

I don't think it would. As long as you have plenty of under 21 players in your squad and you keep it fairly small then the homegrown rules are pretty easy to avoid.

I wouldn't be surprised if I've already done this during my current career, I'll have certainly come close.

Hello,

For those of you who do or don't know me i used to visit the forums alot, but just havent had as much time in the last few years.

However i once started a signup/experiment - based on who could become the most expesnive player (In terms of how much they would be signed for accumatively over their career) - The thread can be found - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/34658-Can-YOU-become-the-most-expensive-player-(AI-Sign-Up-Experiment)

Basically i was thinking about starting this again before FM11 comes out, as i never finished before (Due to personal reasons), but now in a different country, different job i have time too.

The only problem i may have is with the initial setup - last time it was FM08 and the editor was different - had a look at this and seems alot different especially with how PA is set up.

So firstly wondering, do you think this is a good idea?

Seondly wondering, do we need another signup thread?

Thirdly wondering, What CA, PA and reputation to start each at, to get them offers into league 1/championship/Seria B - but also allow them to have the ability to become legends, or at the same time to fizzle out.

Other than that i am set to go. As soon as i get an answer - especially to third question then i can get this started

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for opinions on something that's not entirely C, S or E related:

Would people be interested in a thread chronicling the all-time best players in CSE history?

I know there is the records thread, and the Danny Roberts challenge, but would people be interested in a thread that tracked things like "top ten all-time CSE goalscorers"?

There would be some restrictions on which players qualified for the lists - having to be the product of someone's attempt at a challenge, for example.

Thoughts?

In principle yes, but I think a 'team' of players would be much better than just goalscorers. It would also involve lots of analysis, looking into (obviously unless people 'apply' for the team). Also, these kind of records (for obvious reasons) pernalise those who play less and award those who play more. Ratings are also subjective and differ game to game.

I just think that its a nice idea, but it might be lost in translation especially considering how many players we can consider.

I don't think this is the right time for yet another challenge at all, since there's an overload of challenges and sign-ups at the moment. But I just had an interesting idea for one, so I'm posting this here for future memory. The challenge's name would be "The Promoter". During 10 seasons, your goal is to promote as many teams as possible to a nation's domestic top level. Plus bonus points at the end of the 10-season period for every team you've promoted that is still up there! So you have to think of the long-term as well.

Interesting idea, yes or not?

I've an idea for a challenge - I think it might be verging on the impossible though

The challenge would be titled London Calling

The aim is to have every London club in the Premier League. The difficulty will be getting team there and leaving them with a legacy so that when you leave they can stay there.

The clubs you'd need to promote would be Watford, QPR, Millwall, Crystal Palace, Brentford, Charlton, Dagenham, Orient and Barnet whilst ensuring West Ham, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea and Fulham stay there

I would like to try and redeem myself from the short-lived Emile Heskey Sign-up and do a Work Your Way Up FIFA Sign-Up where players start as the chairman of the FA of their choice and work their way up to president through voting, bribery, good decisions and much more...

At the beginning, the participants choose how they want to end their career in football. Participants adopt a tactic to reach their goal. Here are the possible options:

-President of FIFA (Through gaining votes)

-Stinkin' Rich (Through gaining bribes)

-National Hero (Through making decisions that will benefit your nation)

What are everybody's views on this idea? I think I've been considerably more active on the forums since I attempted my first sign-up so hopefully this one could work better if I decide to go through with the idea.

But most importantly, could this idea work?

Has anyone ever done any experiments to chart the in-game effect of various hidden attributes? I'm not sure I would be prepared to commit to running something at the moment (maybe once I'm done with Big Euro), but I think there is definitely a chance some very useful data could be mined from such a project.

Hi Everyone,

New to this forum and have never taken part of or set-up a Challenge before but have been playing the game for a long time. An idea that came to me recently was to try and replicate Mourinho's career within the game thus far.

I guess you would start at Leira then do well enough to eventually get the Porto job.

From there you need to win the Portuguese leagues twice and 2 european trophies (i.e. the champs league twice would be good enough rather than sabotages your team's performance to make sure you qualified for the Europa league).

Obviously then wait to get the Chelsea job where you need to win 2 league titles and the FA Cup and 2 league cups.

Then wait for the Inter job where you have to win 2 Serie A titles, the coppe Italia and the Champs League

Then wait for the Madrid job where you need to win the Spainish Cup

Obviously as you wait for jobs to come up you continue playing as you wish with that club.

Do you think, firstly this is doable or will it take too long to move from one club to the next? Has is been tried before? Would people be interested in having a go?

• 1 month later...