Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It might have been, but iirc, it was about the average ages and nationality's of the players who have won the Champions League, and the goal was to get as close to that squad as possible.

Dafuge - Oh, I'll have a look through my collection of FourFourTwo's and see if I can find the article.

Love the mediocre nations idea Paul, would love to participate! I had a similar idea for this that I was going to save for FM10, but it would have been way too similar so I'll put a suggestion out there.

Why don't you have it that people are CEO's of top divisions in mediocre leagues e.g. Belarus, Iceland, Wales. So people can buy higher rep for the league and increase the quality of clubs facilities etc. Money could then be won through the performance of their teams in Europe e.g. 1 Million for a win etc.

Just a small suggestion!

Hell yeah, found the article in my Four Four Two, the requirements are;

Pos: Nation - Age

GK: Spanish - 23

DR: Italian - 32

DL: Brazilian - 27

DC: Italian - 28

DC: Spanish - 28

MR: Dutch - 24

ML: Portuguese - 26

MC: German - 29

MC: French - 26

ST: Brazilian - 25

ST: Italian - 29

Would anybody be intrested if I created the challenge?

Love the mediocre nations idea Paul, would love to participate! I had a similar idea for this that I was going to save for FM10, but it would have been way too similar so I'll put a suggestion out there.

Why don't you have it that people are CEO's of top divisions in mediocre leagues e.g. Belarus, Iceland, Wales. So people can buy higher rep for the league and increase the quality of clubs facilities etc. Money could then be won through the performance of their teams in Europe e.g. 1 Million for a win etc.

Just a small suggestion!

that was actually my original idea, for the users to be the Head of FA's if you like. However after much consideration I thought that the '4 teams out of the league' idea would be a lot simpler and would be easier to track the progress of each teams performance.

Points-wise, my idea was for the CEO's to earn points through their 4 teams performance in the CL and Europa League, with them then being able to purchase upgrades on things like Facilities, Bank Balances, Stadium sizes etc.

I appreciate your contribution, and I'll definitely contact you about potentially being one of the CEO's when the idea is developed a bit more (I'm thinking maybe a week or a fortnights time the idea will be fully ready for take off).

Really like the idea Paul.

I'm starting to find myself demotivated in my FC Frozen Nuuk, so am thinking on giving it a bit of a break and bring it back in a few months time. Only a thought at this point but am considering it. While not Nuuking around, I'm thinking (With Robert's permission) bringing back the old Premership Predictions League. I'd run it similarly to the way he did, but with a few extra twists and turns. What's the interest like at the moment for something like this? I'd have to somehow convince my mind to give Nuuk a rest first, but if enough people are interested, I'll give it a go!

I'd would take part in predictions league. And I have two ideas;

1. Manager icon- a take on the show football icon where I follow the winners (3/4) and people will sign up to be those managers.(sign up)

2. The old firm have gone- basically Rangers and Celtic have been placed in the English Champioship and so it will see how they do in England and who wins SPL.(experiment)

I think the second idea would work better as a challenge, I'm sure there would be a few people interested in managing the old firm in the English leagues. It has been done loads of times before but I don't think there's an FM09 thread for it at the moment.

PluckaDuck - It's a shame to hear that you are currently demotivated with your Nuuk save, but I completely understand if you want to take a break. I would definately be interested in taking part in a predictions sign-up though.

Good to see some early interest. Keep it coming so I can see how many people would be interested in partcipating. What does everyone think About 8 regular posters would be stustainable?

Also, Is it alright with you Robert? Or are you considering holding it for yourself later this year/FM10? EDIT: Just see you already said I could:D

I would love to participate in a Predictions League. :thup:

Since PluckaDuck is doing it, I'm sure there will be flexible time zones when Australia is over a day ahead of Canada. :p (and PluckaDuck usually posts the Nuuk updates when I'm online too)

m1234566778, I understand that you seem to have a lot of ideas, but I would recommend only focusing on one signup or experiment because realistically you would not have the time. A successful signup requires complete dedication to it.

Lol, anyone got an idea that won't get flamed like my Nazis vs. Communists. I don't want my few hours of creating 20 Nazis and 20 Communists to go to waste... And Mussolini was looking like the next Materazzi, could have been world class. Oh well. :( I'll just edit the persons and personality traits, and perhaps swap the teams into another league if need be. That way I can still use the DB.

Looking for an experiment that involves manager personalities (for example when I made Hitler he had 20s in Motivating, Determination, and 3 in Temperament and 5 in Sportsmanship). And some kind of huge rivalry where 2 teams could be created including backroom staff and starting 11. Could be same country or different country.

The hard part isn't thinking about rivalries. For example I could think of EA Sports vs. Konami, Disney's worst actors making a team. But there aren't exactly any personalty experiments that can be done there. So help!!!

Thanks corinthiano :) Not sure if there aren't any and that's why you didnt suggest them or more likely I think my original question wasn't clear enough.

I meant to ask for leagues with no promotions and no relegations.

Leagues without promotion and relegation? MLS of course. And A-League lol. ;)

Isn't there that whole East/West split in the MLS or something like that, I'm not sure, I may be making things up. And the A-League is only 8 teams(10 next season) I need 20+ :D

Yes there is an Eastern and Western Conference.

MLS will become a 20+ league within 10 years. Maybe you can wait it out. :p

All other leagues have promotion/relegation...

15 isn't really enough but I guess I could have worked with 16, maybe there will be a new playable league that fits my requirements in FM10.

Or they might even allow us to create new leagues in the editor which would be useful, especially for CSE's.

15 isn't really enough but I guess I could have worked with 16, maybe there will be a new playable league that fits my requirements in FM10.

Or they might even allow us to create new leagues in the editor which would be useful, especially for CSE's.

I completely agree. Would love to create some custom leagues...

Lol, anyone got an idea that won't get flamed like my Nazis vs. Communists. I don't want my few hours of creating 20 Nazis and 20 Communists to go to waste... And Mussolini was looking like the next Materazzi, could have been world class. Oh well. :( I'll just edit the persons and personality traits, and perhaps swap the teams into another league if need be. That way I can still use the DB.

Looking for an experiment that involves manager personalities (for example when I made Hitler he had 20s in Motivating, Determination, and 3 in Temperament and 5 in Sportsmanship). And some kind of huge rivalry where 2 teams could be created including backroom staff and starting 11. Could be same country or different country.

The hard part isn't thinking about rivalries. For example I could think of EA Sports vs. Konami, Disney's worst actors making a team. But there aren't exactly any personalty experiments that can be done there. So help!!!

You familiar with Mortal Kombat or street fighter?

Why dont you create two rival teams, one Mortal Kombat, and one street fighter.??

You familiar with Mortal Kombat or street fighter?

Why dont you create two rival teams, one Mortal Kombat, and one street fighter.??

Thanks for the idea, but it doesn't really interest me that much.

Now that I keep trying to think of ideas, I can't think of anything better than my old one. I wish people would have at least let me explain the point of the experiment. The first post wasn't as good as it could have been because I was tired after working so hard on the database and I thought I could edit the first post the next day. But then people have to overreact because I put Hitler in a football simulation. Which really seems silly to complain about to be honest, FM isn't a violent game.

Sorry, just had to let that out.

Alright, my roommate (hasdgfas) and I have come up with an idea for a sign-up that we would be running together from his computer.

Here is the basic premise.

At first we will take 12 people who will each create a team. 3 will be in the Premiership, 3 will be in the Championship, 4 will be in League 1, 2 will be in League 2. They will all be rivals with each other. The goal is to have the most success with your team while getting the leg up on your rivals. Everything about your team will be fully customizable although your names will have to be realistic with places in England. Much like Dragon's Den, the teams will be given a certain amount of money to spend on their team, the starting total will depend on where your team starts on the ladder. This money will be spent on stadium size, youth and training facilities, and a youth academy, and any remaining money will be that team's bank balance. In addition, each participant will create one player for their team who will have abilities designed for the league their team is in with potential for greater, but we reserve the right to adjust players we feel don't fit the particular league to something more appropriate.

In order to encourage participation from both those in the sign-up and those not in the sign-up, we will have half season predictions pools as well. the pools will be broken down into those people who are in the sign-up and those people who are not in the sign-up. The winner of the pool for those in the sign-up will gain either a reputation increase or a bank balance increase. The winner of the pool for those not in the sign-up will be able to customize a regen from one of the teams (of their choice) and their player will be followed. After 2 seasons, a third pool will be created for those who have won a place in the sign up with the winner of that pool gaining either a CA or PA increase.

An idea we are toying with is allowing teams to go over their allotted amount of money but incur a debt that would have to be paid off in a certain amount of time and we are looking for feedback on whether it should be included or not.

We are open to any questions or comments that you guys might have.

I don't think you should allow the debt part...

But otherwise it looks good. :thup:

I probably won't create a team, but would love to participate in the predictions league. :D

And thanks for beating Duke. I hate them. I hope the Villanova destroy the Blue Devils tomorrow...

And good luck against KU. :thup: