Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

Paul, got no clue what your idea is, but it sounds interesting. I just can't figure out why 34 is an optimal number...

Robert_296 - I have no idea how birdy did it either, but how about some sort of 'silent auction'. Everyone could submit how much they're willing to bid for each player, and they go to the highest bidder. Obviously you'd need to set an overall budget, and it would take a lot of organising on your part just initially. How many players does each team get?

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah I know, maybe people could like bid for a cartain amount of players with a priority order and then the person with the highest bid gets them. Therefore you'd only get a couple of posts per week each. So for example say Paul had:

1. Ochoa £5 million

2. Lloris £7 million

3. Akinfeev £8 million

4. Ustari £4 million

and Ridleys had:

1. Cech £15 million

2. Ochoa £6 million

3. Robinson (Getting stuck for names :p) 2 million

4. Valdes £5 million

As Ridleys had offered more for Ochoa he would get Ochoa and Paul would then move down to his next priority for his third keeper and sign those players for his squad. Not a very good example but you get the jist? People would then edit their posts to prevent the thread from becoming clustered

Guest roberto922

Right then, I've started planning my tournament, I've decided to be a bit selective this time due to the inactivity that ruined the last tournament, due to that it would be pretty much impossible to do a 32 team world cup so I have decided to stick with the European Championships format except there will be two big changes, instead of the group format that we started with last time it will be all knockout rounds, the second change is that the time limit will be taken from a week up to a week. Now heres the format I'm 99% certain will be used:

CSE European Championships

First Knockout Round: 16 teams: 8 challenges

Quarter Final: 8 teams: 4 challenges

Semi Final: 4 teams: 2 challenges

Third Place Playoff: 2 teams: 1 challenge

Final: 2 teams: 1 challenge

If you have any ideas feel free to post them, I'll be grateful for any ideas

Robert_296 - I have no idea how birdy did it either, but how about some sort of 'silent auction'. Everyone could submit how much they're willing to bid for each player, and they go to the highest bidder. Obviously you'd need to set an overall budget, and it would take a lot of organising on your part just initially. How many players does each team get?

You mean they send me a PM/em mail about what players they want? But in the end they could end up with all their players being bought by someone else. I was thiking a squad of 22. 3 keepers, 7 defenders, 7 midfielders and 5 strikers :)

But surely it'd be better to reward people that are contributing more?

I'm confused, what do you mean?

You mean they send me a PM/em mail about what players they want? But in the end they could end up with all their players being bought by someone else.

That's why I suggested this...

The easiest way I can think of would be to offer each player seperately in order of value (or anything else) for each position. So starting with the highest value GK and we all bid, then the next highest value and so on until we all have a GK, or two. Then do the same for defenders etc But that would be incredibly time consuming. Probably have to be closed bids as well otherwise all hell would break lose.

Yeah, you would need several 'rounds' of bidding until everyone got a full compliment of players. That could be quite interesting, as you could be very tactical and bid extremely low for some players you think no-one else would go for, and way over the top for the supoerstars.

However, it might go on indefinitely :thdn:

Guest roberto922
Right then, I've started planning my tournament, I've decided to be a bit selective this time due to the inactivity that ruined the last tournament, due to that it would be pretty much impossible to do a 32 team world cup so I have decided to stick with the European Championships format except there will be two big changes, instead of the group format that we started with last time it will be all knockout rounds, the second change is that the time limit will be taken from a week up to a week. Now heres the format I'm 99% certain will be used:

CSE European Championships

First Knockout Round: 16 teams: 8 challenges

Quarter Final: 8 teams: 4 challenges

Semi Final: 4 teams: 2 challenges

Third Place Playoff: 2 teams: 1 challenge

Final: 2 teams: 1 challenge

If you have any ideas feel free to post them, I'll be grateful for any ideas

Any opinions?...

:S yeah sorry, not having a very good day today :( Might be best to try and have a think about it tomorrow. I was thinking they bid for the players they want with priorities and they sign the first 3 available but as some people may be left without any keepers there would be anothe round of bidding for the other players until everyone has 3 keepers. Not perfect at all but I really can't see any way of making this perfect. It is just that people who got to pick first in Birdy's had a huge advantage

Guest roberto922

OY!

Ahem, right then now that I have your attention, like I said in the post that no one saw (twice :() I'm gonna be more selective with the CSE European Championships to ensure it is alot better this time so I want to get a few people on board before I put it on the forum, this time I want the people that are on most days, post regularly and are good on FM. Just stick your name on the list if you want to take part and I'll be PMing a couple of the people that I really want on the challenge that don't really post on this thread. FWIW out of the lads that look on this thread that I'd like to take part are (not limited to though) Robert_296, PaulHartman71, Rancer890, DodgeeD, Walcott\'s_Wonderkids and bermybhoy, obviously I know that not all of you will have time to do it but its only one season every two weeks so it should be more than manageable.

don't have the time unfortunately. Have a lot more work on my hands this year than I did last year, add that to potentially starting a new sign up in the near future, and I really wont have enough time to complete more than one season a week, and I would like to continue in canvey!!'s challenge, and dafuges.

I'm in a similar boat to everyone else. My game time is limited anyway due to work and family commitments and once I get the game (by the weekend hopefully :)), there are a couple of big challenges I want to attempt. Would be interested if you do it at a later date though.

Guest roberto922

Bah humbug :*( ;) I'll have to either wait a bit longer until more of you are less busy or start it with a load of people that don't take part :mad: I'll wait a while.

Bah humbug :*( ;) I'll have to either wait a bit longer until more of you are less busy or start it with a load of people that don't take part :mad: I'll wait a while.

The problem is that because everyone has just got the game and wants to play their own game or a dafuge / gundo -esque style game first, there isn't room for people to do interactive challenge like sign ups at the moment.

Best bet to wait for a few months and things settle down a bit more. :thup:

The problem is that because everyone has just got the game and wants to play their own game or a dafuge / gundo -esque style game first' date=' there isn't room for people to do interactive challenge like sign ups at the moment.

Best bet to wait for a few months and things settle down a bit more. :thup:[/quote']

ssestig's 20/20 challenge seems to be getting a lot of interest, and it's pretty much the same system as roberto's planned challenge.

Guest roberto922

But his is open doors, I'm trying to get the best competitors in that I can.

EDIT: Plus that's like saying that the Premier League is like the Champions League...

Slight problem I've found out about my planned sign up + experiment.

1st. I won't be able to run it on 9.01, as my mac operating system isn't supported.

2nd. I can't really use the data editor, as i have to download the patch, install it, delete some stuff, re install some stuff. It's a bit of complex process

Hi guys,

Apologies if this is old news but I haven't seen it posted anywhere, at least in this forum.

Did you know that in the data editor to go with the game, that there is now an option to 'Free all players'?!

You can all 'free all non players' or all persons, so that everyone starts unassigned on a free contract.

Someone has surely got to start an AI Experiment with this. :D

Plud Robert, it makes your proposed Fantasy Football sign up a bit easier as all the players are now unassigned from clubs. :thup:

Guest roberto922

I noticed it and posted it in the group, I'm considering an experiment with all clubs equal rep and all the staff released but I don't have the time to set the reps :( There should be an option to delete all people on there.

Hopefully Dietspam can make another database for no players so I can start my FM09 A New World Challenge/Signup/Experiment...

Just remembered something, are FM databases and WWSM databases compatible with each other? Or do I have to delete every single player...

And nice to see you're still awake roberto. :D

Guest roberto922

I'm awake for the next 5 minutes when my laptop will lose power and I won't be able to charge it until tomorrow at the earliest due to my damn dog chewing the wire :mad: I swear to god I should just give up with computers :**(

Slight problem I've found out about my planned sign up + experiment.

1st. I won't be able to run it on 9.01, as my mac operating system isn't supported.

2nd. I can't really use the data editor, as i have to download the patch, install it, delete some stuff, re install some stuff. It's a bit of complex process

As the mac patch has now come out for me, I will probably be launching a sign-up over the weekend.