Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any interest in a loanees challenge where you use only loanees to gain promotion? You can use any team in the world by using any league that is in the boxed/steam download game and during the first season you'll be allowed to have 5 non-loanees in your team. You can also sign free agents during the first season and signings can only be made by signing current/ previous loanees.

I'm looking at starting a Myfootball Club takeover kinda thing where each week we will vote for the starting XI, we will pick the club, pick the manager, pick the signings all from a list.

The sign-up will consist of people choosing which department that wish to participate in. Eg. Signings, Picking The Team, Hiring Staff, Budgeting etc.

Let me know what you think!

I have some questions for you guys:

1. I have created a new nation in where players from a sign-up will be from. However, my tests show that the national teams are only consisting of players that I will be creating. How can I fill the nation with players so my sign-up players don't automatically get picked?

2. How many players would you recommend creating for a team? 3 x GK, 6 x DEF (4 x center + 4 x backs), 6 x MID (4 x center + 4 x wings), 4 x ATT = 19 ?

Could be pretty good if you had dedicated people (posting regularly), as i know a few just sign up for stuff and dont bother with them.

I agree, if some dedicated users were to sign-up they could then become heads of departments which they would have the final decision to what happens in their department. That way if no one was to contribute in that department for 1 decision, the head of department would be able to make that decision.

I agree, if some dedicated users were to sign-up they could then become heads of departments which they would have the final decision to what happens in their department. That way if no one was to contribute in that department for 1 decision, the head of department would be able to make that decision.

That sounds like a plan for a way to do it, also makes it a lot more definite that you will have a sign-up with participation that continues. :)

Mikael:

1. I believe you would need to create a league as well (Stadiums based in the nation) and have that nations teams generate players for the nation, this would also generate players automatically at the start of the game. Otherwise you would need to actually create all the players.

2. I actually count 23 players in your list, but if that is the sign-up players then about 23 is good, 2 for each position through your squad and 3 GKs. If you are talking enough players to make the nation playable and hence be able to fully see their matches I believe it is 32, but ask Canvey he ran a test somewhere :)

That sounds like a plan for a way to do it, also makes it a lot more definite that you will have a sign-up with participation that continues. :)

thats settled then :) if anyone who is willing to be a head of department please PM me, i will post the sign-up late today/early tomorrow ;)

Mikael:

1. I believe you would need to create a league as well (Stadiums based in the nation) and have that nations teams generate players for the nation, this would also generate players automatically at the start of the game. Otherwise you would need to actually create all the players.

what I have created so far is:

1 nation

2 cities within the nation

2 stadiums in the nation, 1 in each city

1 team based in BSN with stadium from one of the cities

I feared I had to create a league structure too because that means a lot of work.

2. I actually count 23 players in your list, but if that is the sign-up players then about 23 is good, 2 for each position through your squad and 3 GKs. If you are talking enough players to make the nation playable and hence be able to fully see their matches I believe it is 32, but ask Canvey he ran a test somewhere :)

I wasn't planning on the sign-up to be players for a whole nation squad. I am planning on a BSN team with players from the same nation. How these players get to play national matches, that is up to the national manager to decide.

But I can see that leaves me with a problem if I don't create a league to generate enough players. My test run showed that the national squad consisted of the generated players from the BSN team but when the sign-up players gets created, then there won't be any other generated players to fill out the places, meaning that the whole BSN team will play every national team matches.

bummer :(

I believe that they will be kept out by greys for a while, but in the end they will just take over and all feature in the team. Which will mean also a huge amount of fixture squashing for you as you get them further on... ;)

Precisely and I don't want that meaning I have to look into creating a whole league structure with teams etc.

:(

Precisely and I don't want that meaning I have to look into creating a whole league structure with teams etc.

:(

It shouldn't take much, maybe even a single closed league, about 12-16 teams with reserves and youth sides...just need to make the clubs...thats the hardest part :)

It shouldn't take much, maybe even a single closed league, about 12-16 teams with reserves and youth sides...just need to make the clubs...thats the hardest part :)

I guess I can leave much of the details of the clubs to nothing and only concentrate on league structure and team names? Things like reputation, board members, staff etc can be left alone, right?

Just a quick question/plee for help.

Basically, I'm looking into running another version of Whoopy D's fantastic World Cup 2010 OOTP.

However, I'm coming across a couple of problems.

At the moment, I'm in possession of two, that's right two, save games where the correct national teams have qualified. One of them has the complete draw too.

However, there are a couple of problems. Two of the teams that have qualified are Germany and Japan, which aren't usually playable. Now after a spot of luck *ahem* I've been able to start a game as Germany, but I can't pick up Germany when I add new manager to one of the save games. I can't even start with Japan, so it's a no go there.

So as far as I see it, I have two options.

1) Use one of the two saves I've got at the moment, and have 2 AI teams.

or

2) Not have the actual teams who have qualified.

Now option 2 seems the sensible one. Start as Germany, holiday through qualification etc. But that still leaves Japan in the mix. Somehow, I've got to make it so Japan don't qualify.

I tired editing a couple of things with the database like injuring all the players and giving them a low reputation. But that doesn't work.

I'm on a Mac, so I can't use FMRTE either.

So really, I either need some other ideas using the pre-game editor to make Japan not qualify, or a kind soul to do it for me.

If you want, I can do my best to do it for you. I will work on it all day tomorrow.

That would be wonderful, if you could be so kind.

One thing to keep in minds though, is that the database needs to be big enough to have all the international players for the teams which qualify.

When I ran mine on the database I put "load all players of Nationality..." for the nations I didn't expect to be covered even in a large database: New Zealand, North Korea, Algeria etc.

List of dates of games you need to fix:

AMERIC - 12TH AUGUST

AMERIC -  5TH SEPTEMBER
ASIA   -  5TH SEPTEMBER
AFRICA -  5TH SEPTEMBER
SAMERIC - 5TH SEPTEMBER

AFRICA -  6TH SEPTEMBER

SAMERIC - 8TH SEPTEMBER

AMERIC -  9TH SEPTEMBER
ASIA   -  9TH SEPTEMBER
AFRICA -  9TH SEPTEMBER
Europe -  9TH SEPTEMBER

AFRICA -  10TH SEPTEMBER

SAMERIC   10TH OCTOBER
AMERIC -  10TH OCTOBER
EUROPE -  10TH OCTOBER
ASIA   -  10TH OCTOBER

AFRICA -  11TH OCTOBER

SAMERIC - 13TH OCTOBER

AMERIC -  14TH OCTOBER
EUROPE -  14TH OCTOBER

AFRICA -  14TH NOVEMBER
ASIA   -  14TH NOVEMBER
EUROPE -  14TH NOVEMBER
SAM    -  14TH NOVEMBER

EUROPE -  18TH NOVEMBER
SAM    -  18TH NOVEMBER

How have you got 34 teams qualifying for the Champions League?

Unless it's that they were set to qualify because of their last season finish, in which case you'll edit the history of that division. EG - Arsenal. You'd edit the Premier League history to make Arsenal finish say 15th, so they wouldn't qualify for Europe.

How have you got 34 teams qualifying for the Champions League?

Unless it's that they were set to qualify because of their last season finish, in which case you'll edit the history of that division. EG - Arsenal. You'd edit the Premier League history to make Arsenal finish say 15th, so they wouldn't qualify for Europe.

I'm not following you? I created a custom league with 14 teams in it. I have no clue to where I define which places in the league gets CL qual etc. The league has no relegation places though.

Never mind I thought your league was that Runemarkian thing.

In response to your question it would depend on their Euro Coefficients. If the nation of the custom league has 4 Champions League places, then the top 4 teams will qualify for the Champions League. That's the Champions League. With regards to the Europa League it will depend if you have created an FA Cup style competition where the winner gets Europe. If so one of your Europa Cup places will go to the winner of that cup, with the other/s going to the next place down.

Never mind I thought your league was that Runemarkian thing.

It is :) Custom nation with custom league with 14 custom teams.

In response to your question it would depend on their Euro Coefficients. If the nation of the custom league has 4 Champions League places, then the top 4 teams will qualify for the Champions League. That's the Champions League. With regards to the Europa League it will depend if you have created an FA Cup style competition where the winner gets Europe. If so one of your Europa Cup places will go to the winner of that cup, with the other/s going to the next place down.

But what I don't get it where I set which places gets entry to which competition. I can't find anything in the editor related to it.

I did create a FA type cup and it seems the winner of that will get the correct entry.

You can't. The game will automatically give the highest placed teams the Champions League place, as far as I know you can't change that.

So I have to look into Euro Coefficients of the league/teams? Something must trigger that 34 teams out of 14 gets into CL :confused:

I'm not really sure how that's happened then. If you've got teams that would have qualified for the Champions League by winning their league, eg - Swedish champion then they'd qualify. But I have no idea how you've got 34 places if you only have 18 teams.

That is what I don't get. Could it be that it is because the league is brand new? No history, no former winner? I've created all 14 teams from scratch and they are all the same, except name and stadium name. The league is just for generating players so it is not for playing in it :)

A few details:

Nation rep: 7000

League standard: 16

Euro Coefficients: 0.00 (from 2003/04 to 2008/09 seasons)

League rep: 15

Teams rep: 6000

Teams status: pro

Hmmm so the nation is brand new? Or are you using one of the nations that already exists? The problem could be that you have added an extra nation to Europe and it doesn't like that...

I edited Ireland (Pre-1922) into my new nation. So its a nation that exists already.

The Inevitable Domination of CSE Nations

So as a spin-off to my fairly successful sign up last year Inevitable Domination of Mediocre European Football Clubs I have decided to start the process of getting ideas/details down for a new sign up. I will still be continuing Destination Europe, it is likely that by the time this sign up has finally been planned, signed up for and edited that Destination Europe will be finished, if not I will put this sign up on hold until Destination Europe is finished.

Basic idea

The people of CSE will all become head's of FA for European countries, just like in last years edition. However this time you wont become the head of FA for countries like Poland, Finland and the Czech Republic. This time you will become the head of FA for your country. That's right, you will all get the chance to create your own country. I will edit a chosen number of European countries and turn them into CSE countries. For example, we could see BATracerLand created by BATracer addict Robert_296 replacing Wales. The possibilities are endless.

Editing the Nation

You'll be designated a nation each. You get to rename the nation. You will also be able to provide me with a flag for your nation. Things like importance of football in nation will all be the same.

League Structure

This is another very exciting part of this sign up, you will get to choose your own one tier league structure. For example, if you want to have 18 teams play each other twice, with the top 4 teams then in a play-off system to decide who wins, you can. If you want to have 40 teams all play each other once, with the winner winning, you can. You'd have the final choice on the number of teams in your league, (minimum of 10, maximum of 40) although the number of the teams would have to be an even number. You also get to choose the rules in your league, for example if you want the match day squads to be all EU, then you can choose that. If you want a certain amount of U21 players in a match day squad you can choose that as well. You will not be able to choose the dates of your league structure, they will all be the same to avoid confusion. The league reputation as well as the transfer windows will be the same for every nation.

Prize Money

Whilst you'd have the final say on the amount of teams in your league, you will sadly not be able to choose the prize money your teams get. Every nation will get the same amount of prize money to spread between their teams. You can see the benefit of spreading say 50M to 10 teams, rather than 50M to 40 teams. However you would not have to spread the money equally, if you want to give 40M to your first place team and spread 10M between the other teams in the league then you can.

Cup Competition

You will also be able to create your own FA Cup style competition with the winner qualifying for Europe (depending on the place they finish in the league itself). You could create a straight knockout cup if you have a total of 16 or 32 teams, if you don't then you would have to have a group stage first. Of course I could let you have say 2 teams in the first round, then add more teams in the next round to make it eventually into 8 or 16, but that would be too complicated as the FA Cup of each country wont really be much of a focus. The prize money for each FA Cup competition will be the same.

Teams in your league

Apart from one team that you yourself have created with a set budget, you will also be able to choose the other teams in your league. The available teams will be teams that are not in Europe as well as teams of European nations that are now defunct, for example if Wales were replaced with BATracerland you could include TNS in your league, not that you would. There will be a fair choice system, I will establish an order of picks, with each user picking a team each in turn. It is likely that the user with the most amount of teams in their league will be last on this list, with the user with the least amount of teams in their league will be first. This is still un-decided though. You will have to bare in mind that I will not be editing the finances or squad of the non-CSE teams, so there probably will be some advantage to picking the richest available teams, at least in the first season or so.

How do you win?

I will be keeping a points system of each nation's teams performances in the Champions League and Europa League. At the end of the season I will score each nation points F1 style, as if each season is a race. However that is just the point system, I doubt I will get enough seasons completed to make each season a race in an F1 season.

Feedback/How to sign up

Whilst I am not taking names down yet I would love any feedback from people, how I could make it better etc. I don't know how many I will take yet, but it is likely I will take around 30. When the time comes I will offer a place to the members of Destination Europe who I know will post and are reliable. I will then offer a chance for people who have read the idea in this thread and expressed interest in taking part in the eventual sign up, since I know you will also be reliable and post. The remaining places will then be up for grabs for anyone else.