Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone's looking for an idea, there's something that you never see in a sign up. The vast majority are of the 'create a young superstar' ilk. What about 'create a veteran'?

Maybe they all start at 31/32-ish (maybe older for defenders/goalkeepers). It might be interesting to see if there's any key to increasing the longevity of their careers. You could also allow them to have staff attributes - you could then also follow their non-playing careers once they retire.

I'm sure theres a lot can be done with it....just throwing it out there.

I am pretty sure someone did sign-up like that, but it got abandoned. Still a very good idea, mainly to see the progress when they become staff, as presumable their staff PA and CA will be random. Not sure if it is linked with the players CA/PA.

That was fb in all fairness, is he running it after he finishes the Whitehouse sign up?

Anyway, I posted a few months ago about the new version of the CSE European Championships but most of the reliable users said they were too busy, would anyone be interested in taking part in the tournament in around late May/Early June, I know most of us have exams in May so it'll be after that at least.

Is that like the one Wisla ran? If so I'd definitely be interested in taking part.

Guest roberto922

Yeah Pauls got it, they'll be shorter though this time to ensure that as many as possible finish the challenges.

What was Wislas?

Just finished editing a database for a Glenn Hoddle Academy challenge, in which you start in the lowest Spanish league and can only sign out of contract players under the age of 21.

Will play a test game for a season or two to make sure I haven't messed anything up whilst editing it, just wanted to gauge how much interest there would be in it before I divert my attention from my main save ;)

Just finished editing a database for a Glenn Hoddle Academy challenge, in which you start in the lowest Spanish league and can only sign out of contract players under the age of 21.

Will play a test game for a season or two to make sure I haven't messed anything up whilst editing it, just wanted to gauge how much interest there would be in it before I divert my attention from my main save ;)

Not very much interest then I take it :rolleyes:

If anyone's looking for an idea, there's something that you never see in a sign up. The vast majority are of the 'create a young superstar' ilk. What about 'create a veteran'?

Maybe they all start at 31/32-ish (maybe older for defenders/goalkeepers). It might be interesting to see if there's any key to increasing the longevity of their careers. You could also allow them to have staff attributes - you could then also follow their non-playing careers once they retire.

I'm sure theres a lot can be done with it....just throwing it out there.

I believe NepentheZ mentioned that a while back. I don't know if he plans to do it, though.

An idea for a sign-up, either for me or someone else to run:

The Evil Twin sign-up!

As in so many of these sign-ups, you create a person to play in the game. But into the game is *also* added his evil twin. The evil twin has:

(a) The same nationalities as his brother

(b) A relationship with his brother either of mutual love or mutual hatred - open to suggestions on this

© The same position(s) as his brother

(d) The same chosen attributes as his brother, but inverted. If the first player has an attribute of x, the twin has an attribute of 21-x

(e) The same CA and PA as his brother

Ideas for how to flesh this out will be welcomed.

:)

It is interesting and is worth posting in a thread to gauge interest in, as it is only the regular, reliable users who reguallarly post in here and they are generally, involved heavily with their sign-ups and challenges.

It definately does sound intersting though so make a well-constructed opening post with the rules etc. and it may well, take off. :thup::)

I believe NepentheZ mentioned that a while back. I don't know if he plans to do it, though.

You're right enough actually, seem to recall that. No-one seems to be going for the idea anyway...would be a change though.

I also seem to remember someone tried something like this but it failed, so it would be nice to see to it return as it would be interesting to see how high a player could get at the age of 32

Don't remember it. Come to think of it though, the Disharmony experiment I started and never finshed featured older players, might be that.

My latest idea. Oh no, I hear you yell, but this is for a challenge. You take charge of a club that is playing Champions league or UEFA cup football. You then have to sell all your over 23 players apart from 2. You can only sign players 19 or under. What do you think?

it's a pretty lacklustre idea that evidently does not seem to have been given a lot of thought. When initially designing a Challenge you should think of things like - Has it been done before? What is my target audience? If I saw that idea, would I think, wow I want to do that challenge? It's just a boring idea imo

I would like to do or play a new challenge. Can anyone help me do it

Yes, I would be more than willing to help as would most of us but we need a bit more information.

Do you want to run your own challenge?

If so, do you want help?

I would be willing to help.

Do you want a challenge to play?

Well, there are plenty of excellent challenges out there but do you have any specific criteria.

Countries?

Any problem with your computer running multiple leagues?

My computer can run multiple leagues fine. I would like my challenge to last for a few years. e.g getting a club from BSP to Premiership, that kind of time frame. Can someone PM me or post here if they have any ideas that can help me

Guest mikeytwigge

you shouldnt start challenges for the sake of starting them and seeing your name on the thread title if you like getting clubs up the league try dafuges challenge

How about this, the free agents bsp to the EPL challenge. On tools in the editor you can free all players so you do that and take charge of a bsp club. You must sign all of your players that are English. And you must only sign five over 23 players. What do you think?

Guest roberto922

FGS, a while ago it was verging on spam, now you're just cluttering up the forums like a spambot m123.

FGS, a while ago it was verging on spam, now you're just cluttering up the forums like a spambot m123.

WHS^^

Can you please refrain from posting anymore CSE's for a while? None of them have any real substance, and you're posting something new every other day. You're now just flat out spamming the boards...

MY IDEA - 'THE GANG OF FOUR' CHALLENGE

Start a game in England using all four leagues - it's up to you whether you use the Blue Square leagues but it doesn't matter either way. Choose one team from each league - no stipulations. For example, I would start with Manchester City, Sheffield United, Huddersfield Town and Rotherham United.

Set up four managers and set them to manage the four chosen teams. The manager reputations must be: Sunday League Footballer for the League 2 manager; Part Time Footballer for the League 1 manager; Professional footballer for the Championship manager; International footballer for the Premiership manager.

THE AIM

Manage each of the 'Gang of Four' through ten seasons. The aim is simple: achieve as much success as possible with all four clubs. How you choose to do this is up to you. You can arrange friendlies, 'throw' cup/league matches, loan players, buy players 'on the cheap' or by 'paying over the odds', praising each other and each other's players etc ... In doing so, score as many points as you can in ten seasons (see scoring information below) and I will set up a leaderboard of the best scorers.

SCORING

Starting Premiership team

- Winning the Premiership title: 10 points

- Winning the FA Cup: 5 points

- Winning the League Cup: 5 points

- Winning the UEFA Cup/Europe League: 5 points

- Winning the Champions League: 20 points

Starting Championship team

- Promotion to the Premiership: 10 points

- Winning the Premiership title: 20 points

- Winning the FA Cup: 10 points

- Winning the League Cup: 10 points

- Winning the UEFA Cup/Europe League: 10 points

- Winning the Champions League: 30 points

Starting League 1 team

- Promotion to the Championship: 10 points

- Promotion to the Premiership: 20 points

- Winning the Premiership title: 30 points

- Winning the FA Cup: 15 points

- Winning the League Cup: 15 points

- Winning the UEFA Cup/Europe League: 15 points

- Winning the Champions League: 40 points

Starting League 2 team

- Promotion to League 1: 10 points

- Promotion to the Championship: 20 points

- Promotion to the Premiership: 30 points

- Winning the Premiership title: 40 points

- Winning the FA Cup: 20 points

- Winning the League Cup: 20 points

- Winning the UEFA Cup/Europe League: 20 points

- Winning the Champions League: 50 points

ADVICE NEEDED

- What do you think of the idea? Yay or Nay?

- What rules would you suggest I set?

- Are the points suitable? What changes could I make? Any others I could add without overcomplicating it?

Would appreciate any advice from the more experienced CSE'ers in here. This would be my first challenge idea, despite participation in some and viewing others, so I could do with the advice at the moment.

Thanks in advance chaps! (And chapettes if there are any!)

Guest roberto922

I think it's quite a good idea, could take a while to complete though,maybe set the challenge to 5 years?

I think it's quite a good idea, could take a while to complete though,maybe set the challenge to 5 years?

Cheers for the advice mate, that was quick!

Noted. I see what you mean but five years would not be long enough to go for the holy grail of Champions League victory with your League 2 team.

Season 1: Promotion to League 1

Season 2: Promotion to Championship

Season 3: Promotion to Premiership

Season 4: Qualification for Champions League

Season 5: Champions League winners!

So should I consider using five years and maybe making the Champions League win worth more points, particularly for the CCC/L1/L2 teams?