Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have the CA at 100, 150 only if you want hem to be very good from the start.

I would either let each user choose some stats and randomize the rest, or ust randomize all of them (setting the values to 0 in the editor). If each person gets two, then that shouldn't be much of an effort for the people signing up.

I like the idea though :thup:

I've had a pretty epic idea guys. It will obviously take an enormous amount of work, as much by me as the rest of the CSE community but here it is anyway:

The idea would be to start a thread offering any CSE challenge participant to upload their save game of their most successful team (ie. teams that have completed challenges, like dafuge's challenge etc).

From these saved files (limited to say 20 teams) I would then go into the editor and create my own database - mimicking every player, staff, club info, stats, everything from their team and copy it over to the new database. By the end of what I imagine would be a hell of a lot of editing, I'd have one almighty database containing 20 of the most successful CSE teams. I would then put them into one division on the game (like the Dutch as an eg).

Then I would simulate the seasons to see how these teams fared against each other. I'm unsure what the best thing would be to do for managers - perhaps give each user an opportunity to create their own manager for their side? The other idea I have is depending on time and availability of users I would run it as a sign up whereby each game week, the users in the CSE community would PM me with their tactics, selection and substitution plans etc. I'd then run the game and report the results for a whole season.

What does everyone think? Do you even think its possible??

I love it...I need my Fafe game back so they can destroy Savona and show you once and for all that Portugal is better than Italy ;)

My idea is fairly complicated, so please be patient as I try to explain.

The crux of my idea is to answer a simple question:

What is the key to success?

Let me explain;

12 individuals (users of the forums) will be tasked with creating a club, but these will be no ordinary clubs, they will be clubs which have been set up by billionaires but with conditions restricting the initial outlay on each club and forbidding future investment by them as they see their teams progress.

The billionaires have agreed to choose facets of the club they wish to concentrate on and these will be from across 8 areas. They will have 65 "points" to assign, with a maximum of 20 points assigned in any one area with the proviso that they must assign 20 points to at least one area and every area, apart from the draft, must have one point assigned to it. 65 points was chosen as it allows maxing out three areas with the minimum of 1 in the other five areas.

They can assign points to the following areas:

Stadium

Fan Support

Finances

Training Facilities

Youth Development

Chairman's Ability

Manager's Skill

Any points they choose to leave over will go into the category "Draft", the person with the highest points left over in "Draft" will choose first in the player draft. Tiebreakers are settled by pot luck, with teams that are tied alternating positions to change who chooses first.

The player draft features 72 players, with each team having six picks. These players will vary in skill and each player will have a screenshot together with a grade which will give an indication of their future potential.

The teams will all start at the bottom teir of English football, six assigned to the Blue Square North, six assigned to the Blue Square South. Each team will need to be based in England (or Wales) and have a relatively realistic name. (Real London FC - acceptable, Poole Bandits - acceptable, Frazza's Footballers - not acceptable)

Points assigned will give the following results:

Reputation - Each point adds 150 to the club's reputation, which starts at 500. The maximum is therefore 3,500.

Stadium - Each point adds 750 seats to the capacity of the stadium, the start point is a 1,000 capacity stadium.

Fan Support - Each point assigned gives an average attendance increase of 1,000, there is no starting point. Maximum average attendance is 20,000

Finances - Each point leads to £200,000 in the bank balance at the start, with 25% of the bank balance assigned to transfer budget. Maximum bank balance is £4,000,000.

Training Facilities - Each point increases the training facilities by the corresponding amount. The maximum 20 would give world class training facilities.

Youth Development - Same as training points wise, 20 would give excellent youth facilities plus a youth academy

Chairman's Ability - Each point assigned increases the ability of the Chairman by 20, maximum of 200.

Manager's Skill - Each point increases the ability of the Manager by 20, maximum of 200.

Here's the rub, participants, before the draft occurs, but after they've chosen their club attributes, can trade with others to move up or down the draft board and or to acquire draft picks. Furthermore, they can trade up to 15 points of their attributes, taking the corresponding hit to their club's attributes. The trades would need to be agreed by both parties and sent to me by PM.

Each stadium's expansion capacity will be triple their starting capacity plus 12,000.

The players, managers, and chairman would be set as loving the club, have maximum confidence, and be given long contracts. Each player will start as an 18 year old with minimal initial reputation and ambition of 11, the managers start at the age of 40 with minimal reputation to increase the likelihood of them staying. The Chairman will be set to love the clubs they are at.

The benefits of strategies would then be assessed in the updates which will hopefully go on for at least 10 game years.

Maxing out fan attendance and stadium capacity may lead to problems if the fans drift away after no initial success and high maintenance costs of looking after the stadium, alternatively, the revenue generated by the fans, and the need not to expand capacity would prevent incurring expensive redevelopment costs that would see money eaten up and loans taken out.

Each strategy has benefits and pitfalls, going the average route may see those who were more aggressive in certain areas succeed initially, or perhaps longer term.

A scoring system would be in place for each club based on the league their in with points awarded according to reputation for staying in the league.

Points of the competition are doubled for winning it, and promotion garners the points of the league the team is promoting to. (Thus the winners of the Blue Square Premier would get double the BSP's rep, plus the rep of League Two that season).

The objective is to see which strategy is the most successful long term, investing in the stadium, providing finances, investing in staff, building a reputation, or investing in players through either youth and training, or the draft.

Now obviously, that's not all fully fleshed out or explained, but I see potential pitfalls for me, like how to conduct the draft, whether to allow Chairman and Manager attributes to be chosen.

Forgot to add that when you choose your manager you can set his playing style, marking type, formation etc

Draft could be done on the forum, or via MSN, or via prearranged lists etc.

Oh, and people choose their kits, colours, stadium name, names of Chairman and managers etc.

Wegason that sounds quality :thup:

MSN would also be a no-go but then that assumes I'm one of the 12 anyway :D

Which is a massive hint by the way! Seriously, quality stuff Wegason, you've put a great amount of effort and thought into this :thup:

Wegason that sounds quality :thup:

MSN would also be a no-go but then that assumes I'm one of the 12 anyway :D

Which is a massive hint by the way! Seriously, quality stuff Wegason, you've put a great amount of effort and thought into this :thup:

I don't know, you didn't do my FM 08 Nirtania challenge, then again very few people did ;)

Looks like a great idea Wegason. :thup:

Like everyone else, no MSN please, but I probably won't participate since I'm already involved in a lot of signups already...and time zone troubles of course. I live close to the icon. :p (May I request a Canadian icon SI :D)

Good luck with that idea, looks like quality. :thup:

MSN is a no-no for me as well... When are you planning on setting this up?? It looks fb

Sometime in the next week or so, though I may open up a thread for applications by PM at some point this weekend from which I will choose 12.

iavocone, I don't know if maybe you missed it because of the spamming from Aesler, but I would be willing to create your database for you and upload it s that it can be conducted properly. I enjoy messing around with the editor. I would just need to know exactly what it is you need done.

Wegason - in no way a criticism, but it sounds a bit like the 'Dragon's Den' sign up I ran in FM08 (on and off....for a while) with added bells and whistles such as picking players, which is no bad thing. Not sure if you saw it.

One problem I found was getting much interaction/banter going...beyond commenting on your own team, seems a struggle to say much else. Might just be something to think about, sounds good though.

Wegason - in no way a criticism, but it sounds a bit like the 'Dragon's Den' sign up I ran in FM08 (on and off....for a while) with added bells and whistles such as picking players, which is no bad thing. Not sure if you saw it.

One problem I found was getting much interaction/banter going...beyond commenting on your own team, seems a struggle to say much else. Might just be something to think about, sounds good though.

Can't say I've seen that one, I'll look it up.

I was thinking about setting up an experiment about seeing if one team can revolve around one player as in give the 6 highest CA players to the 6 lowest predicted teams in the BSN and BSS. What does everyone think about that? Suggestions are welcome.

Unless you set it so that they have a future transfer in fifteen years time, the player will just leave.

Wow, just found your Dragons Den on page 3 and its so similar to what I thought was my original idea above!

What a great idea of yours, love the Dragon's Den element, I think I'll be abandoning my idea above and perhaps try something else.

Wow, just found your Dragons Den on page 3 and its so similar to what I thought was my original idea above!

What a great idea of yours, love the Dragon's Den element, I think I'll be abandoning my idea above and perhaps try something else.

Ah didn't want to put you off, sorry. Think you had quite a few elements I hadn't come up with.

The sign up for that was really entertaining it must be said. I just didn't have time to finish it off, draw any conclusions about how people's choices had affected things, etc...plus as I say there was a bit of a lack of interation, which was a shame.

Guest roberto922

Wegason - tbf if similiar ideas to existing CSEs were banned we'd be pretty low on numbers, go for it, I don't see the problem unless you were running it the same time

Guest roberto922

And the one that you're running has been brilliant so far and I think you're something like the 4th user to try it :D

I've come up with a pretty good idea of an experiment.

The idea is... Nazis vs. Communists!

One team "Nazi Brigade FC" has replaced the Lowest Rep team in German Third Division. Then there's their rival team "Communist Party FC" that has replaced the lowest rep team of Russian First Division (second tier). Yes, there's an advantage for Communists, but part of the experiement is to see if Hitler's super motivational, discipline, and man management skills will make a difference. Yes, Hitler has come back to life. Don't ask how, just know he's ready to conquer the footballing world. On the Communist Party, we have Stalin as manager with Lenin as his assistant. Not as good as Hitler in motivating, etc. but still very very good.

There's a few objectives to this experiment:

1. Who will suceed? Nazis or Communists. Or will both fail due to lack of footballing knowledge back in WW1 and WW2?

2. Can Hitler or Stalin use their country leading skills and turn them into managerial skills?

3. Will the personality of Hitler be the same in the game? He can motivate a crowd and force his underlings to listen, but his temper and lack of professionalism could get him in trouble.

If there's any Nazis or Communists you want to see in the game, make a shout. I've already got a good idea of a Communists team, since there are so many countries with Communist leaders that can fill up a starting 11. But Nazis will be harder.

how many people would be interested in taking part in a WW-Oceania sort of sign up if I was to start one. I still need to ask WW first, but it would be fairly different with it based on CSE taking over Mediocre European Nations (e.g - Denmark, Austria, Switzerland) etc. Although I haven't really given any detail at all in this bit, these would be my plans -

Plan A - We have 15 CEO's, all of which I'd want to be regulars because I'd be looking to make the CEO position a LOT more involving concentrating not only on the Nations performance in International competition but also the clubs* performance in the Champions League and Europa League, through which the CEO's would earn points. There would also be 1 or 2 (depending on interest) created players for each Nation which users that didn't get to be CEO's would create.

* - Instead of WW's idea of putting the Oceanic clubs in the Scottish Leagues, the CEO's would be editing the stats of the top 4 clubs from their chosen Nation (e.g Sweden would be - IFK Goteborg, AIK, Malmo FF & Elfsborg)

It's just an idea at the moment (why I'm posting it here), but I thought I'd post to see what sort of interest I'd be getting.

Guest roberto922

Paul by definition then the communist framed in the Reichstag Fire could be included because if it wasn't for him being found in there Hitler couldn't have blamed the Commies and persuade Hindenburg to pass the laws allowing Hitler to basically eliminate the Communists and gain the majority of the Reichstag leading to the enabling law.

Hindenburg was uncomfortable with the Nazis, he only made Hitler chancellor because Von Popen was desperate to get some semblance of power so he persuaded him.

IMO Nazis there has to be the likes of Hitler, Himmler, Roehm, Goering, Goebbels could be in the Nazis, although obviously Roehms power was kinda cut down :D

Communists you've got plenty of choice, Stalin, Lenin etc. Plenty of strong communists to choose from.

Great idea btw :thup:

Hi all, is there any way of viewing the threads that were deleted in 'The Big Change'?

I wasn't registered back then, but I remember there being a challenge about a FourFourTwo article or something? I remember it being good anyways, and wanted to try it :p

Unfortunately nothing that was deleted can be viewed again :(

I remember the thread you are thinking of, it was by Ackter and was something to do with ages and nationalities of players in Champions League winning teams. Unfortunately I can't remember much more than that.