Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I edited Ireland (Pre-1922) into my new nation. So its a nation that exists already.

Yes but not one that is already part of the 53 nations of Europe.. (53? I think), I believe you need to drop one of the other nations as this will be the problem. Old versions seemed to allow an extra nation, but the new version doesn't.

Yes but not one that is already part of the 53 nations of Europe.. (53? I think), I believe you need to drop one of the other nations as this will be the problem. Old versions seemed to allow an extra nation, but the new version doesn't.

I actually thought about this. I guess the nation needs a spot available. I'll look into this.

Thanks!

Yes, it work's I have run a game with a multitude of different created/edited leagues. It adjusts the created league's unique id's so that nothing gets confused

so if I have 30 different editor data's with just nation rules edited, if I add another one with the database changes, will that run smoothly?

Hopefully the right place to ask, I am about to post an idea that I would like people to be invoved in.

However before i do so i need to ask the following 2 questions please?

1) I have a forum created that will be home to all the 'detail' passes, goals, miles run etc.......but the main 'story/updates' will be posted on here. Is the link to the 'detail' forum allowed to be published heer - or will i have to give that to the people that sign up as a PM?

2) To sign up, there are anumber of questions/choices people have to complete to creat thier player - rather than allow others to see there 'creations' I have an online survey that will gain their choices, again am I allowed to post teh link to that survey - or again does it have to be done via PM?

Once I have the answer to the above two questions I can finish off my opening post to the thread and crack on with it.

Many thanks in advance.....

anyone think that a thread which gives people a chance to leave a post saying "I'm going on holiday for 2 weeks, wont be able to post" would be a good idea? Rather than posting in all the threads you're involved in or frequent, if you just left a post in that thread then everyone would know you're unavailable to post?

• 2 weeks later...

I am thinking of starting a sign-up like that of Corinthiano Agents sign-up Link: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=77796

I have a little bit to work out before i do such as the best way to store all the data and best way to produce updates but i was just wondering if there would be any interest in it.

I think i would need between 10 and 15 people to sign-up i have not decided on numbers yet, I will need to work out how long it will take me to update all players and then work out the amount of people i could realistically work with!

If the response is positive then i will work on a start date if not i will think of something else. This will be my very first Sign-up so any help or advice would be greatly received!

Thanks

Paul

I think a good idea might be to actually limit the number of players each person can be an Agent for, and at the end of each season when you are assigning new players, they can choose to drop a current star to pick up a new one or they can choose to keep who they have.

I dunno just an idea. :)

I think a good idea might be to actually limit the number of players each person can be an Agent for, and at the end of each season when you are assigning new players, they can choose to drop a current star to pick up a new one or they can choose to keep who they have.

I dunno just an idea. :)

What sort of number would you think would work as i don't want it to become boring? I am sure i would have the time to keep up with this i would set a routine to make sure that the next update was set to be posted at a certain time and if for any reason i could not meet it i would explain the reasons in the thread.

I was also wondering how many leagues and to what level you all think would make the game interesting?

As soon as i have finalized all of these i will run a holiday game as far as i can to check that my computer can handle it. I might try updating one player career during this save game to see how long it would take to write the reports, then i can work out a base time that i think it will take per player and then decide on the amount of people to sign-up and also how many players they could take on and keep. If it performs ok (which i think it will as its only a year old) I will post the thread and start accepting sign-ups if not i will wait until i buy my new laptop which i dont think will be to far away.

As i said before any help anyone could give advice wise would be great as i am new to this.

I'd say a good limit would be 3 Paulo, I'd be interested in the sign up but I am slighty apprenhensive for someone so inexperienced in sign up running to take on such a sign up that would involve as much work as it does.

-

In other news, does anyone who has a ps3, the new world cup game and internet connection on their ps3 wish to take part in the OTF World Cup? PM me for details. Obviously this isn't a great place to ask, but this is the only "off topic" place where a lot of regular people visit.

Guest roberto922

That brings up something I was thinking about the other day, what are we gonna do about stuff like the CSE Fantasy football next year now that the group's gone? Would daf/canvey be alright with us just setting up a thread for it, even if it just provides the links and is then closed, 'tis better than nothing

That brings up something I was thinking about the other day, what are we gonna do about stuff like the CSE Fantasy football next year now that the group's gone? Would daf/canvey be alright with us just setting up a thread for it, even if it just provides the links and is then closed, 'tis better than nothing

I can't speak for dafuge (although I'm sure his opinion would be the same), but I'd be fine with that (as long as it stayed on topic, of course).

I'd say a good limit would be 3 Paulo, I'd be interested in the sign up but I am slightly apprehensive for someone so inexperienced in sign up running to take on such a sign up that would involve as much work as it does.

QUOTE]

The time issue is not one that i will have a problem with the only thing that might limit me is not having the experience of running a sign up before but as i have seen in many of the sign-ups that i have read on here everyone is really supportive as long as the effort is put in.

There is always alot of constructive advice from the group that are involved and also from readers. I guess you never learn how to run a sign up until you have jumped in and tried.

Everyone has to start somewhere and luckily for me and hopefully for you all, this is one that i am really interested in. I would join one myself but there is nothing like it at the moment.

All i can promise is i wont give up on it, there may be some mistakes along the way but as i have said i am sure there will be plenty of help and advice on what could be improved/changed.

Plans for New Sign up shelved for now

You will probably remember me talking about a potential new sign up with huge amount of editing and stuff. That idea has unfortunately been shelved for the time being because all of the "plans" for it (5 different word documents) are on my original PC meaning I have no access to them. The plans included templates for the sign up forms, OP, things I needed to in the DB's etc. Whilst I could re-write these plans, the plans I already had were planned to near perfection for the sign up to run smoothly, I'd much rather delay that sign up to FM11 now.

UK Election Sign up

After axing the sign up above I didn't think that I would bother with a new sign up to run alongside this one. However whilst in the bath on Thursday night a fantastic idea came to me. Whilst it involves a bit more work than this sign up, the updates would most likely only take about an hour to do, and since I now am not going to bother having another FM save game to actually play on, I am going to go ahead and run this new one instead. The sign up is based on the UK Election. I'll have 20 people sign up to take part, each of those 20 people will be assigned a political party, a nationality and a constituency. You will pick your nationality and constituency and will then be randomly assigned one of 5 political parties (Conservative, Labour, Liberal Democrat, Green, UK Independance). Some political parties will have more members than others, but each one will have at least 2.

Your in-game player will start life as an 18 year old striker for his local club. I will then simulate the game for 10 years (each year providing a statistical update on each striker's apperances, goals, AVG rating, transfers and even international caps). At the end of those 10 year's each of the 5 parties will have to elect a leader. The members of each party will then PM me (no pun intended ;)) their chosen leader, which if they want can be themselves, and the person with the most votes will become the leader of that party. If there is a tie then the person with the most career goals will become leader. If you are in a party of two people then you still have the option to vote for yourself or the opposing candidate. Likewise with every other party, if you both vote for yourself or vote for each other, the person with the most goals becomes leader.

Once all 5 leaders are decided the sign up will change fairly considerably. Firstly each leader will pick a member of their party to be their "second in command", whilst this isn't that important they will come in handy later on during the TV debates. Instead of updates on seasons, there will be an update at 3 stages of the season. One will come in December, another in March and the final one at the end of the season in May. With each of the three updates there will be a TV debate with each potential Prime Minister discussing their parties policies and plans. After each debate their "second in command" will give a review of how their leader has done, why the public should vote for them, as well as launching any smear campaigns.

After the final TV debate, the election will begin. In a similar fashion to canvey!!'s Presidential sign up I will create a new thread where people in the sign up and other people on the board can register to vote. After a period of 2 weeks I will close vote registering. I will then divide up all 650 constituencies between the people who have registered to vote. For example if 40 people register to vote, each person will vote for 16 constituencies, with a few voting for 17. You will vote for all of your constituencies via PM to me. You will list the constituencies with which party each one has voted for. This means that yes, you can vote for more than one different party. You could have at least one vote for each party if you wanted!

Once all the votes are in I will then produce 15 hour's worth of coverage of the votes coming in (each hour posted seperately). I plan to make this part of the sign up very Xtra-Normal based. If you don't know what that is it is the site where you type text in and make movies, you've probably seen some in either this sign up or the Top2Bottom sign up. When the 15 hours are up we will have the results. However is that the end? Most likely not!

As there are 5 different parties it is very likely that we will have a hung parliament. If this is the case then I will single out the two parties with the most constituencies. Their leaders will then produce a speech giving reasons and offers to the other 3 parties. The leader of the third biggest party will then PM me the party that they wish to join up with. If after they have joined a side a party has enough votes to win, that party will win. If they don't then the leader of the party with the 4th most votes will PM me. The 5th leader may get their chance to influence things if a leader still hasn't been found. After this process is complete we will have our Prime Minister!

-

I've given "dibs" if you will to people in my current sign up, I'm expecting around 12 or 13 places to be reserved which would leave roughly 7 or 8 places available. I can't guarantee anyone in here a place until I know exactly how many people from my sign up want to reserve a place, however if you post interest I will be sure to come to you guys first, as far as the other places go.

Guest roberto922

I'd love to be in it, maybe Plaid Cymru since the big 3 are likely to go quickly and Plaid won't be as popular.

One potential problem I see is that a lot of people would be likely to just vote for themselves rather than for the person that is actually the best candidate.

I'd love to be in it, maybe Plaid Cymru since the big 3 are likely to go quickly and Plaid won't be as popular.

You will pick your nationality and constituency and will then be randomly assigned one of 5 political parties (Conservative, Labour, Liberal Democrat, Green, UK Independance). Some political parties will have more members than others, but each one will have at least 2.

One potential problem I see is that a lot of people would be likely to just vote for themselves rather than for the person that is actually the best candidate.

Whilst this might happen I believe the system in place will be fine, with the person with the most overall goals getting it. I'd like to think that people would vote for the best candidate though.

I'd apply for a place in the parliament, brilliant idea. :) Don't get too scared of my posting count though as I am mostly in here reading;)

I've got no problem in reserving anyone a place. As long as you claim your part in the sign up thread when it's released you'll get it.

Sounds like a great Idea, Paul.

I haven't been visiting CSE that much this year (no particular reason why) but I would love a place in that if there are spaces available after the people in your current sign-up have had their allocation.

Hello all...thinking of making some kind of sign-up return.

The initial plan is to use the OOTP idea again (originally championed by Bambi, with subsequent spin-offs from myself (Euro 2008) and WhoopyD (WC 2010)), but this time for a "Road to Euro 2012" kind of thing, most likely with it then going into the main tournament. So you would select squads and starting XI for each qualifying game with the aim of qualifying for the Euro's and then tackling the tournament itself. The good idea with this is that the scope would be a lot bigger, up to 53 players (though I'd only say 20-25 would be the limit otherwise people we'd undoubtedly get people dropping out fairly quickly? Plus a lot of work for me then! Also to note Poland and Ukraine automatically qualify so I would most likely not include them as you wouldn't have that many games) with 14 getting to the tournament, as I know quite a few missed out last time due to there being just 16 places.

So here I just want to pose some questions to the forum if I were to go ahead with such an idea:

1. Would you be interested?

2. From this link you can find the co-efficents of the European nations. I would do a random draw for what team you got, should all 53 nations be included? Or should I include just the top 40 for example so you don't end up with complete no-hopers? Or would you even encourage being able to manage the likes of San Marino or Andorra?

3. What kind of numbers would be suitable? Bear in mind I would plan to do similar style updates to those done in the Euro 2008 OOTP game thread, so lots of players would mean we'd progress slower as it'd take me longer to get stuff done!

Think that's it really, got most of the schematics worked out in my head already! Though this is merely a thought at this stage...

1. It's a great idea, I was disappointed to miss out on your Euro's one but enjoyed Whoopy's despite being crap. I'd definitely be interested.

2/3. I think you should aim for around 25/30. I don't think 40 would be a very good idea as I'm not sure there are that many people on here that would sustain interest in it. As far as the draw goes I think you should do a random draw to see which person gets to choose first, second, third etc. You could then just have every user PM you a list of their preferred team and then give them their highest preferered team in order. For example if you had 30 people, the person in 30th would have the last choice out of everyone, but if you let them choose between all the teams available, then they'd feel better about it then getting randomly given the remaining team? That probably doesn't make sense though.

Like say you're 7th, you would PM something like this -

1. Russia

2. Ivory Coast

3. Vanuatu

4. Fiji

5. Cook Islands

6. England

7. Ghana

Guest roberto922

For lack of a better place to post this.

22 points off 1st in the CSE FF league :( Would have been even closer if I'd remembered to set Lampard as captain /o\

ARGH! Got no idea what to do, bored of the team I support through overplaying (Spurs), have done Dafuge's challenge too last game and it doesn't hold the same appeal this time and find the unusual leagues (i.e. Asian ones) too odd and unknown for my liking. Any ideas what I can do as a challenge?

ARGH! Got no idea what to do, bored of the team I support through overplaying (Spurs), have done Dafuge's challenge too last game and it doesn't hold the same appeal this time and find the unusual leagues (i.e. Asian ones) too odd and unknown for my liking. Any ideas what I can do as a challenge?

Come and have a go at the Big Euro Challenge, the leagues aren't that weird, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Italy, Scotland etc and its a great bunch of guys in the thread providing support and entertainment :)

Hello all...thinking of making some kind of sign-up return.

The initial plan is to use the OOTP idea again (originally championed by Bambi, with subsequent spin-offs from myself (Euro 2008) and WhoopyD (WC 2010)), but this time for a "Road to Euro 2012" kind of thing, most likely with it then going into the main tournament. So you would select squads and starting XI for each qualifying game with the aim of qualifying for the Euro's and then tackling the tournament itself. The good idea with this is that the scope would be a lot bigger, up to 53 players (though I'd only say 20-25 would be the limit otherwise people we'd undoubtedly get people dropping out fairly quickly? Plus a lot of work for me then! Also to note Poland and Ukraine automatically qualify so I would most likely not include them as you wouldn't have that many games) with 14 getting to the tournament, as I know quite a few missed out last time due to there being just 16 places.

So here I just want to pose some questions to the forum if I were to go ahead with such an idea:

1. Would you be interested?

2. From this link you can find the co-efficents of the European nations. I would do a random draw for what team you got, should all 53 nations be included? Or should I include just the top 40 for example so you don't end up with complete no-hopers? Or would you even encourage being able to manage the likes of San Marino or Andorra?

3. What kind of numbers would be suitable? Bear in mind I would plan to do similar style updates to those done in the Euro 2008 OOTP game thread, so lots of players would mean we'd progress slower as it'd take me longer to get stuff done!

Think that's it really, got most of the schematics worked out in my head already! Though this is merely a thought at this stage...

I'd be interested in this, took part in and loved Whoopy's World Cup 2010.

I would suggest leaving out the likes of San Marino and Andorra, as people who get drawn with them might give up before even starting, knowing they have no chance of getting through.

Come and have a go at the Big Euro Challenge, the leagues aren't that weird, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Italy, Scotland etc and its a great bunch of guys in the thread providing support and entertainment :)

Tempting, might wait and see if anyone else has a more tempting suggestion, was thinking about the small nation version with Wales too.

If you need assistance in the Asian leagues there's always me. :D

Or maybe try A-League. It's not much different other than a salary cap really. All Asian leagues have roster restrictions to comply with the ACL roster rules.

I'd be interested in this, took part in and loved Whoopy's World Cup 2010.

I would suggest leaving out the likes of San Marino and Andorra, as people who get drawn with them might give up before even starting, knowing they have no chance of getting through.

I'd be interested as well, I've always liked those style of threads.