Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

I had an idea while playing FM10 for a challange it goes like this

The ABC challange

Load selected nations for Instance A = Austria B = Belgium (or Brazil) c= Croatia..and so on through the alphabet

Now pick a club in Country A and get them to win the title, Cup etc and after move on to Country B and manage a club following the same as Country A

The only problem i can forsee with this is different countries Reputations...unless you set your manager rep to Automatic then it might be ok...

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People may be starting long-term games even only on the demo, so now seems the time for some of the smaller challenges to capture people's attention.

But this is where I don't get it. The demo is bound to contain some level of bugs and misses, so why even bother with a "real" game? :(

With the new inclusion of the ability to upload a video to youtube, is anyone planning on running the goal of the month challenge again? DodgeeD?

The challenge could at least be easier to participate in. I remember having the trouble of finding the right video recording programme and the trying to upload.

I don't know how popular it would be, but I have an idea for a challenge that could be completed alongside any of the Small to Big Club Challenges, but also on its own.

International Diversity Challenge

The first and probably easiest form of this challenge is as simple as winning your FA Cup (or Equivalent) & Champions League Finals with Starting XI compiled of players from eleven different nations. The other challenges within it each being a step up from the below would be:

A) A Starting XI with one player from each of the top 11 nations in the world rankings at the time of the Champions League Final.

B) A Starting XI with players from eleven different nations all outside the top 20.

C) An entire squad Starting XI + 7 Reserves, with one player from each of the top 18 nations.

D) An entire squad Starting XI + 7 Reserves, with players from eighteen different nations all outside the top 20.

This could be an entertaining side piece to a game you are already playing, or it could even be a new game starting with a club that already has lots of money.

I don't know how popular it would be, but I have an idea for a challenge that could be completed alongside any of the Small to Big Club Challenges, but also on its own.

The first and probably easiest form of this challenge is as simple as winning your FA Cup (or Equivalent) & Champions League Finals with Starting XI compiled of players from eleven different nations. The other challenges within it each being a step up from the below would be:

A) A Starting XI with one player from each of the top 11 nations in the world rankings at the time of the Champions League Final.

B) A Starting XI with players from eleven different nations all outside the top 20.

C) An entire squad Starting XI + 7 Reserves, with one player from each of the top 18 nations.

D) An entire squad Starting XI + 7 Reserves, with players from eighteen different nations all outside the top 20.

This could be an entertaining side piece to a game you are already playing, or it could even be a new game starting with a club that already has lots of money.

Nice idea and I would try it. But I guess it would be the first to complete all.

After looking on steam at the achievements, would people participate in a FM11 achievements challenge? Goal is to complete all the achievements in the shortest amount of time in one career save, and you have to give proof...

For the full list, click here, since I don't want to retype all that...

Obviously, you probably need to play a career game to complete all of them.

After looking on steam at the achievements, would people participate in a FM11 achievements challenge? Goal is to complete all the achievements in the shortest amount of time in one career save, and you have to give proof...

For the full list, click here, since I don't want to retype all that...

Obviously, you probably need to play a career game to complete all of them.

I would be interested in that. Can we start or do it with any team?

Interesting LLR. I'd have a go at this one as I'm planning on giving all the Small to Big Club challenges this time around

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is directed mainly to: daf, Des/rlips/iacovone, Razer, Gundo/Quackje

I have just had a new idea about how to enhance (although it's nothing groundbreaking) the game-playing experience of all (now) 6 SC2BC challenges, and slightly inspired by Raware as well. Raware is having a go at my challenge, but instead of loading one league, he loads all of them. He is ineligible for my challenge (since he says he likes moving to different clubs and whatnot. And I forbid challengers from breaking their contracts with their clubs unless it's for a national team job :p), but it got me thinking of a possible idea.

I have already slightly relaxed the rules for my challenge, namely allowing challengers to load players from nations other than your own. I encourage people to load from Asian clubs because the game gets too easy down the road, and I allow xml files (mainly because SI have 0 'out of the box' leagues from West Asia). And one of Amaroq's post has inspired me too.

My idea: to allow additional leagues to be loaded as View-Only. My reasons:

1. with the inclusion of DLR, I have realized that there is a little imbalance with the leagues. Too many leagues go down the pecking order and your league goes up. Mind, I have no idea whether that would really affect it too much, but at least an Ukrainian reserve team wouldn't be in Europe according to one of the threads I saw a while back. :p

2. The SC2BC have a big appeal base to challengers because it's only one country, and the games will go by quickly. Most don't have the luxury of modern computers and can only load one country. Adding View-Only leagues in most cases only add 1k more players if you load all the divisions. I reckon an extra 2k-4k of players from loading view-only leagues won't make a huge difference in game speed.

3. If you have feeder clubs in other nations, sending them there will be beneficial. Or at least more beneficial than just having the league inactive.

Here is Amaroq's reasoning. It might not make a major difference to some, but in my career game, adding view-only leagues have made a difference in my enjoyment in my game save.

Please discuss challenge creators (and others too!). :)

I don't actually agree with what he's said about view only leagues, you can see the comments I've added in that thread. Saying that though, it wouldn't make a huge difference for my challenge anyway, since the English league start off at the top anyway. Perhaps it would make more of a difference in the challenges that involve smaller nations?

I don't actually agree with what he's said about view only leagues, you can see the comments I've added in that thread. Saying that though, it wouldn't make a huge difference for my challenge anyway, since the English league start off at the top anyway. Perhaps it would make more of a difference in the challenges that involve smaller nations?

You allow players from other continents in your challenge? If you load players from other nations, are those top countries more active than if you didn't load from those nations?

It gets relatively easy in Asia because other teams only had greys. That's from experience with several clubs last year.

At least in my career game there have been full squad of players at the top clubs in all continents that are view-only. So if you load all players from Asian clubs and have them at view-only, it would be more challenging and harder.

You allow players from other continents in your challenge? If you load players from other nations, are those top countries more active than if you didn't load from those nations?

It gets relatively easy in Asia because other teams only had greys. That's from experience with several clubs last year.

At least in my career game there have been full squad of players at the top clubs in all continents that are view-only. So if you load all players from Asian clubs and have them at view-only, it would be more challenging and harder.

Last year we added the option to load players from top clubs from other continents, which gave the English players a bit more competition and made the Champions League a bit more competitive in the long run. I certainly found that on the international scene that England couldn't dominate as they did in previous games.

Playing in the English league in Europe you aren't really going to come up against empty teams, the extra players just makes the other teams a bit stronger, not that they would have been weak otherwise. It was all about making it more competitive, rather than just competitive.

I can see that in somewhere like Asia loading more players/leagues would have a much bigger impact than in England. The game does get a bit weird when you only load one small nation (in terms of the database).

Last year we added the option to load players from top clubs from other continents, which gave the English players a bit more competition and made the Champions League a bit more competitive in the long run. I certainly found that on the international scene that England couldn't dominate as they did in previous games.

Playing in the English league in Europe you aren't really going to come up against empty teams, the extra players just makes the other teams a bit stronger, not that they would have been weak otherwise. It was all about making it more competitive, rather than just competitive.

I can see that in somewhere like Asia loading more players/leagues would have a much bigger impact than in England. The game does get a bit weird when you only load one small nation (in terms of the database).

Interesting addition daf, I think I might allow that too, although I know first hand that it might not be beneficial to load all continents because of the strict foreigner restrictions in the ACL. :) (which essentially shows how much I've been following your challenge lol)

Would be interested to hear Gundo/Quackje, and Des/rlips/iacovone opinion on the addition, especially Gundo's challenge since they don't allow any extra nations to be loaded.

I believe we added the "Top Clubs from Europe" in the 2010 addition as well, and it seems to provide a bit more competition for our teams once they make it to Champions League Football, not sure about other continents, but I could see it making it a bit more competitive later on as well.

Also while I am here, I am looking into my latest sign-up idea...Soviet Disunion - Basically I am working on creating all the ex-Soviet Nations leagues in the game, and I will add 1 or 2 players from each nation to a club in the bottom league, undecided exactly on the points system for this, thinking something along the lines of Fantasy Football, just wondering what the level of interest is out there, remembering it may be a while before the idea becomes reality as I need to create all the leagues.

I would like to hear some thoughts on a challenge I was thinking of starting on this forum. I was intending to give it the following name: 'The Club and Country Challenge'.

I realise that there are already challenges on the forum such as the San Marino and Andorra double challenges and I wouldn't intend to interfere with those particular challenges (indeed, I would provide a link for those wishing to take part in these more specific challenges). I think 'The Club and Country Challenge' could be more broad and general, including a large number of different possibilities.

Ultimately, the challenge would involve managing both a club and a nation to glory. The aim of such a challenge would be to dominate world football at both club and international level, hoping that your work at club level could hopefully pay dividends at international level (as you train those youth academy wonderkids and groom them for future international stardom!)

With the DLR feature this year, I can see this being quite a popular challenge. It would also be quite a laid back challenge really. Anyone who wants to be involved can choose whichever club and country combination they wish. However, there are obviously different difficulty levels. Taking over AC Milan and Italy, or Man City and England, would be at the easier end of the scale. Going for Mohun Bagan and India, on the other hand, might be a very difficult challenge. Somewhere in the middle might be Toluca and Mexico, for instance. Some combinations even provide the opportunity to play with a team who play in a different country's league, such as Cardiff and Wales, or FC Vaduz and Liechtenstein. There are lots of different combinations in playable, and non-playable, leagues on FM.

I would suggest starting straight away as the national side manager and then adding a different manager to the club you would like to manage. If you then retire the club manager straight away, the club job you have selected will be available, and you should be able to apply for the club job with your national team manager.This way, you could begin immediately as manager of both nation and club.

As said above, the ultimate aim is as much glory as possible. Domestic dominance and continental dominance with your club side, along with winning the World Cup, would ultimately see completion of the challenge.

I cannot take full credit for this idea, as I have been reading a thread with people playing the game like this at the Dugout. It's a great idea and I think it could throw up some great saves, given that there are so many possibilities.

Any thoughts chaps? Thanks. :)

We had one like that a while ago, although it wasn't quite as popular a you might expect. I still think it's a great idea, although I don't think I could ever do it myself as I never seem to be able to hold on to the international jobs. One bad result in a major tournament and I usually find myself out of a job :(

Thanks for the comments chaps. :thup:

Cheers for the link Dafuge. I wouldn't make it so that you had to start in the lowest playable league in my version (although if people wanted to run with this challenge at the same time as another, that would be fine). I'd also allow/encourage International Management from the beginning.

I'll get a thread up a little later this evening and see if there is any interest. Thanks for the feedback. :)

I've an idea for a signup.

The idea is trying to create an NBA/MLS like league. Each participant will create a team and a chairman for the league and we will make a draft.

Then the game will start as holyday mode and the teams won't be able to buy or sell players for a fee superior of... 300k (?) and all the transfers will go as excahnge of players. Every 1st of January and 1 of July you will get and update of your team situation and you will have some time to agree some changes with the other managers.

There won't be youth system and the only way to have players will be using a draft as the NBA/MLS do.

I don't know if that is possible but I would like to know if you like the idea.

Thanks

I've an idea for a signup.

The idea is trying to create an NBA/MLS like league. Each participant will create a team and a chairman for the league and we will make a draft.

Then the game will start as holyday mode and the teams won't be able to buy or sell players for a fee superior of... 300k (?) and all the transfers will go as excahnge of players. Every 1st of January and 1 of July you will get and update of your team situation and you will have some time to agree some changes with the other managers.

There won't be youth system and the only way to have players will be using a draft as the NBA/MLS do.

I don't know if that is possible but I would like to know if you like the idea.

Thanks

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/242975-GCB-s-Premier-Sign-Up-Sponsored-By-SPORTS.tv!

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/236352-Chairman-manager-2011

Both of these (top one is mine) are very similar. Mine includes a draft. I'm not saying don't do it but just giving you heads up that it's already being done in the forum right now. :D

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/242975-GCB-s-Premier-Sign-Up-Sponsored-By-SPORTS.tv!

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/236352-Chairman-manager-2011

Both of these (top one is mine) are very similar. Mine includes a draft. I'm not saying don't do it but just giving you heads up that it's already being done in the forum right now. :D

Is not quite the same but have similarities with both.

I'm talking first to create a league like the MLS/NBA but in Europe. And what you can do is create your team and then draft all your players and staff. No transfer biddings just exchange.

I don't know, first of all I want to see if I can create this kind of league and then I will decide if I launch it.

Meanwhile I'm waiting for more signups since I'm not lucky enough to be in one. ;(

Is not quite the same but have similarities with both.

I'm talking first to create a league like the MLS/NBA but in Europe. And what you can do is create your team and then draft all your players and staff. No transfer biddings just exchange.

I don't know, first of all I want to see if I can create this kind of league and then I will decide if I launch it.

Meanwhile I'm waiting for more signups since I'm not lucky enough to be in one. ;(

Right then, go for it. Creating a league from scratch takes some doing though. You have to create everything! Good luck.

First of all, sorry for the double posting.

What do you thing about a signup experiment about creating a managers in the game and tracking their career?

Has been done before?

Various times. Canvey's 60 to 1 is the best example.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright guys,

Would anyone be intrested in a resurrection/reimageing/shameless copy of the 20/20 challenge? (Previous threads here, here & here) Basically I select twenty teams from around the world and at several different levels, everyone involved in the challenge manages them for a season one team a week, and then points are awarded based on performance.

Anyone interested? Or is there already a similar "season long challenges" thread for FM11 and I've just missed it?

I've been sitting on an idea for a sign-up for a while now, I've put a decent amount of thought into it and decided that it could work.

Basically it's a fighting/boxing/MMA based sign-up - I'm leaning towards MMA because it'll allow for more variety in the reports and I know more about MMA than boxing. Without going into too much detail, the weight classes are replaced by positions so defenders only fighting defenders etc Fight Nights would take place once every week in real time and would consist of "fights" all taking place on the same matchday in game with the fights themselves being stats compared over that one in game matchday, so Fighter A's stats from his game against Chelsea are compared to Figher B's stats in his game against Arsenal.

The nature of this sign-up means it's going to be a fairly interactive one for those involved, if events are to be held weekly then I need active users who are online regularly and can be relied upon to reply to me if and when I need them to. This is the reason I'm hesitant to begin the sign-up, in my experience there are always a few people who never post again past the sign-up stage or only post once or twice every few weeks, which I'm sure is all some people have time for but could potentially harm the smooth running I'm envisaging for this sign-up. Ideally I'd like 32 people signed up for this, but 32 people I know are going to participate and see it through. So if you're still reading and think you sound like the sort of person I'm after drop me a PM just saying you're interested and we'll see how we get on, if I can't get 32 people this way then I'll look at reducing the numbers or tweaking it slightly.

Quite a lot there for what was meant to be a brief post but if I do this I want it be done properly. Any questions? :D

I've been sitting on an idea for a sign-up for a while now, I've put a decent amount of thought into it and decided that it could work.

Basically it's a fighting/boxing/MMA based sign-up - I'm leaning towards MMA because it'll allow for more variety in the reports and I know more about MMA than boxing. Without going into too much detail, the weight classes are replaced by positions so defenders only fighting defenders etc Fight Nights would take place once every week in real time and would consist of "fights" all taking place on the same matchday in game with the fights themselves being stats compared over that one in game matchday, so Fighter A's stats from his game against Chelsea are compared to Figher B's stats in his game against Arsenal.

The nature of this sign-up means it's going to be a fairly interactive one for those involved, if events are to be held weekly then I need active users who are online regularly and can be relied upon to reply to me if and when I need them to. This is the reason I'm hesitant to begin the sign-up, in my experience there are always a few people who never post again past the sign-up stage or only post once or twice every few weeks, which I'm sure is all some people have time for but could potentially harm the smooth running I'm envisaging for this sign-up. Ideally I'd like 32 people signed up for this, but 32 people I know are going to participate and see it through. So if you're still reading and think you sound like the sort of person I'm after drop me a PM just saying you're interested and we'll see how we get on, if I can't get 32 people this way then I'll look at reducing the numbers or tweaking it slightly.

Quite a lot there for what was meant to be a brief post but if I do this I want it be done properly. Any questions? :D

I'd be interested mate. Sounds really good :thup:.

I originally posted this in # Challenges, Sign-Ups & Experiments but JIM OWEN suggested that I place it here, cheers Jim.

I haven't really thought this through but I was getting the need for a challenge and came across the idea that it would be quite cool to manage an all English championship team, get promoted and achieve sufficient success to be offered the England job. Then use the same team and try and get success at international level. Its a play on how over the years England teams are made up of premiership premadonnas who have proved they are not up to the job at international level but automatically get chosen for the national team. Please let me know what you think and whether or not its worth a challenge. Thanks in advance.

Regarding my idea a little up the page, including the two people in here I've had 5 people get back to me which has convinced me that my initial reservations were correct. I know not everybody reads this thread but I'm really not willing to even think about starting it without a decent amount of interest.

If anybody else thinks they can pull it off and are willing to give it a go feel free to run with it.

Hi I am posting this here as well as the existing sign up thread because i believe this is easier for people to spot and so more people will see it and become interested

After a successful first wars is almost complete I am happy to announce that there will be more places opening up in the Robot wars sign up found here http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/244904-Robot-Wars-sign-up, I would like to invite anybody interested in signing up for this thread to please read through to find out what the sign up is about. I have decided to make a slight difference to the way the sign up is accepting new entries in that now instead of taking on an existing game player you can now join the same way the original people have by filling in the form on the opening post, although do not choose which events to enter yet as the cost and events being run for the second wars will change. If you have any questions please ask inside the thread thank you.

New entries must have filled in the form by the 15th of January by the latest

listening to the radio before the Ipswich v Arsenal game they were talking about when Ipswich won in europe with Bobby Robson. it had me thinking about those teams with european history that have failed in eupore the last 20 years or so.

which led me to think about 1 of two challenges:

1) Return to european glory - for teams that haven't won a european trophy (european cup/champion league, UEFA Cup/europa league or cup winners cup) for the past 20 years. return them to their former glory.

2) Same as above, but for those teams that made it to a final but never won. again ignoring the last 20 years.

thoughts? there are obviously differeing levels of difficulty, from clubs such as Ipswich, Mechelen and Dinamo Tblisi through to Celtic, tottenham and valencia. those are all winners who won pre-1990.

what do you think?

i will have the premier league and championship clubs available to pick from

You will deal with the signing of players hiring and firing of managers and setting out the transfer budgets and wage budgets.

Rules

You can sack and hire managers as much as you like but there is compensation to pay. They have be up to the same rep as your club.

eBay like thing where highest bidder gets the player.

You can upgrade your stadium as much as you want but for every 1000 seats it costs £1 million and you can upgrade your training and youth facilities once per season and they cost 250k each.

Go bankrupt and then the whole team goes up for sale.

You also can put up your transfer budget and wage budget for your manager.

For foreign players you pay 3 times there value.

you can only sign 3 ?? eu player per transfer window

Can't sign a player from a a club that could have a chairman but doesn't.

England(all)

France(Ligue 1 and Ligue 2)

Spain(Top and Division 2)

Scotland(SPl and Division one)

Italy Serie A and Serie B)

as viewable

Prem teams

Arsenal/utdaj · Aston Villa/Rhys · Birmingham City · Blackburn Rovers · Blackpool · Bolton Wanderers/Andy C · Chelsea/GIBBUROWS · Everton/jparok · Fulham/JPayne · Liverpool/richg · Manchester City · Manchester United/ishu · Newcastle United/toon balmy · Stoke City/Trotter 13 · Sunderland/GG · Tottenham Hotspur/paulo · West Bromwich Albion · West Ham United · Wigan Athletic/Ollie · Wolverhampton Wanderers

Championship teams

Barnsley · Bristol City · Burnley · Cardiff City · Coventry City · Crystal Palace · Derby County · Doncaster Rovers · Hull City · Ipswich Town · Leeds United · Leicester City/lcfc · Middlesbrough · Millwall · Norwich City · Nottingham Forest/nottingham · Portsmouth · Preston North End · Queens Park Rangers · Reading/Cold · Scunthorpe United · Sheffield United · Swansea City · Watford

i will be doing updates every 3 months ingame. and we will have youth recruitment which mean i find the best 14-16 yr olds and they become available in a bidding war whoever gets the highest contract bid wins same as free agents and players with 6 months on there contracts

if you want to join come to here http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/236352-Chairman-manager-2011

Would anyone be interested in a "Tour" style series of challenges?

I'll freely admit this idea is shamelessly stolen from FM-V, but it doesn't look like anyone over there has been keeping it running.

The basic idea is that every few weeks you would be given a team to start a game as, with a set number of seasons to manage them for. During this time you'd accumulate points for various things, including league placing, cup results and games against rivals. At the end of each tour period, the forumite who scored the most points for that leg would be awarded points (perhaps lesser points for 2nd and 3rd) and a leaderboard would track people's points.

Would anyone be interested in a "Tour" style series of challenges?

I'll freely admit this idea is shamelessly stolen from FM-V, but it doesn't look like anyone over there has been keeping it running.

The basic idea is that every few weeks you would be given a team to start a game as, with a set number of seasons to manage them for. During this time you'd accumulate points for various things, including league placing, cup results and games against rivals. At the end of each tour period, the forumite who scored the most points for that leg would be awarded points (perhaps lesser points for 2nd and 3rd) and a leaderboard would track people's points.

I really like that idea sounds good.

I don't know whether this has ever been suggested here before, but what about a 'South America rules Europe' challenge?

My idea was this - you set yourself up as a manager with any South American nationality, giving yourself a suitably South American name! You load at the very least Argentina, Brazil, Paraguay and Uruguay leagues, two divisions of each, PLUS ONE EUROPEAN LEAGUE. I suppose you could add Chile and other countries if you wish.

The challenge is to take control of a club in the European league, and win the European Champions League with them, but with an entirely South American match squad and staff.

I'm not sure how popular this would be as people will say 'ah it wouldn't happen in real life', but this is a game.... imagine the European club has the backing of a South American oil company or something, I'm sure it's possible to change sponsors or something on one of these editor things.

Anyway, how you'd do it is up to you. You could try Barcelona or Man City and buy the very best South Americans you can find, but you'd have to have the dual EU nationality for most of them, and also to get rid of the top European players gradually as well. Or you could try a league like Holland or, I think, Germany, where this is no non-EU or homegrown restriction, and try to get the very best South American kids, and mould them into a side... by the time you're challenging for the CL, they'd all be naturalised Europeans anyway to agree with the 8+4 or whatever it is.

It might be good in Portugal too, to get a side made up of entirely Brazilians, but you need to know your Brazilian football to get anywhere, even into the CL.

Also, there'd be no point in trying to do this all at once - take over a club, and replace all the Europeans with South Americans in one transfer window. I'd be curious myself how long it would take to put together such a squad and one which would be competitive, particularly somewhere like Germany or Holland.

Anyone interested in this? I wouldn't expect anyone to win the CL, but I'd be interested to see others screen shots of squads and most memorable matches etc.

I don't know whether this has ever been suggested here before, but what about a 'South America rules Europe' challenge?

My idea was this - you set yourself up as a manager with any South American nationality, giving yourself a suitably South American name! You load at the very least Argentina, Brazil, Paraguay and Uruguay leagues, two divisions of each, PLUS ONE EUROPEAN LEAGUE. I suppose you could add Chile and other countries if you wish.

The challenge is to take control of a club in the European league, and win the European Champions League with them, but with an entirely South American match squad and staff.

I'm not sure how popular this would be as people will say 'ah it wouldn't happen in real life', but this is a game.... imagine the European club has the backing of a South American oil company or something, I'm sure it's possible to change sponsors or something on one of these editor things.

Anyway, how you'd do it is up to you. You could try Barcelona or Man City and buy the very best South Americans you can find, but you'd have to have the dual EU nationality for most of them, and also to get rid of the top European players gradually as well. Or you could try a league like Holland or, I think, Germany, where this is no non-EU or homegrown restriction, and try to get the very best South American kids, and mould them into a side... by the time you're challenging for the CL, they'd all be naturalised Europeans anyway to agree with the 8+4 or whatever it is.

It might be good in Portugal too, to get a side made up of entirely Brazilians, but you need to know your Brazilian football to get anywhere, even into the CL.

Also, there'd be no point in trying to do this all at once - take over a club, and replace all the Europeans with South Americans in one transfer window. I'd be curious myself how long it would take to put together such a squad and one which would be competitive, particularly somewhere like Germany or Holland.

Anyone interested in this? I wouldn't expect anyone to win the CL, but I'd be interested to see others screen shots of squads and most memorable matches etc.

For the CL itself there is a home-grown restriction - it's not just the leagues. I'm not entirely sure this is actually logisitcally possible, but I'd be interested to see people try.

For the CL itself there is a home-grown restriction - it's not just the leagues. I'm not entirely sure this is actually logisitcally possible, but I'd be interested to see people try.

That's why I think it's probably only possible to do it with a German or Dutch club (with no league restriction) and sign South American kids - do they not become homegrown if they've been through the ranks for a number of years? I'd buy certain players from South American under 19 teams for my own under 19 squad, and bring them through over a number of years. Which means it would probably take 8 to ten seasons to even be in a position to achieve the challenge. But I'm sure it must be possible somehow.

That's why I think it's probably only possible to do it with a German or Dutch club (with no league restriction) and sign South American kids - do they not become homegrown if they've been through the ranks for a number of years? I'd buy certain players from South American under 19 teams for my own under 19 squad, and bring them through over a number of years. Which means it would probably take 8 to ten seasons to even be in a position to achieve the challenge. But I'm sure it must be possible somehow.

Pretty sure they've got to be there 3 years before their 21st birthday to be considered home-grown, and with South Americans not being allowed to move until they reach 18 that makes it extremely tough.

Pretty sure they've got to be there 3 years before their 21st birthday to be considered home-grown, and with South Americans not being allowed to move until they reach 18 that makes it extremely tough.

Almost impossible, in fact. But let's have a go anyway... at least at trying to qualify. Join my Argentinian alter-ego Salvador Berrezzi on his new thread - here.