Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The 1000 Appearence Challenge

This is a challenge to get one of your players to make 1000 appearences in their careers for any team.

Appearences for other teams will count.

Eg.

Shlomi Ben Shimon plays 420 appearences for you(Man City) before you selling him to Inter Milan. He then makes 280 appearences for Inter Milan before you buying him back. He then finishes off the achievement by making 300 appearences for you. This would count as 1000 appearences.

Total Appearences : 1000

Career:

Man City - 420

Inter Milan - 280

Man City - 300

What does everyone think?

Any suggestions or improvements?

Plus, I have only seen this happening twice on my games and they were both on CM01/02.

One was with Ryan Giggs and the other was with Alen Shearer, who made something like 1182 appearences and is still playing.

WHich reminds me I will have to go on that ame later :D

I'm not sure whether I should have it as 1000 games under your control or something like a minimum of 500 games under your control.

I think I will have it as 1000 games under your control but any suggestions are welcome.

I will try and get the challenge up tomorrow.

Agree with Robert (296), not sure how you could implement a rule against just playing players for the sake of it, but as long as the player is signed as a youngster, or a Youth Project from the club, and has a fairly injury-free career, then it would be easy enough to complete it with any player.

On a side-note, for anyone that doesn't regularly visit the forum social group, then here is a harmless advertisement for the 'CSE FMO Clan'.

Guest roberto922

I don't think it would harm anyone and it would encourage people to try out their youths more often but it could maybe have a minimum average rating at the end of the 1000 games?

Guest mikeytwigge

nah advertising is all good but im not sure what it will be like with a bunch of randomers. As for your challenge robert maybe set it as 1000 games with an aveage rating of at least 7.00 to make it just elite players

It's already being done in Dafuges challenge, you'd get very little interest IMO

Oh right okay, I knew Dafuge did a Small Club to Big Club Challenge but I thought that making it specific to one club would generate some interest? If you don't think it will then I won't make it :).

Hi Guys,

I was due to launch my FM09 sign up today, but due to last minute problems surrounding when international teams can play friendly matches it means that my sign up may have to be either:

a) altered

b) delayed

c) abandoned in its current format

Annoyingly this wasn't an issue in FM07 and FM08 :(

EDIT: Solution found, will post sign up during this afternoon. :thup:

Good to hear WW :) My sign up should be up today. I discussed one idea last week with Mikey and Paul, where instead of having clubs I would divide the country up into 20 counties maybe. And I would like people to give them catchy names like in the cricket IPL such as Delhi Daredevils and Chennai Super Kings. Although I am pretty sure it would either turn people away or people would still pick names such as "multiple scoregasms." I think it would go well with the idea of franchises bidding for players as after people would sign up I would give them a region to pick their name for. Thoughts?

It sounds quite good Robert. I'm really looking forward to participating in some sign-ups!

I've decided to go ahead and start a new sign-up. This will start after I finish my Wallace vs. Roberts turn. Then you can expect a new Apprentice sign-up in March or thereabouts. Unfortunately, my alphabet challenge is pretty much dead. I'll still play my AFC Telford game if I get bored but I don't see too much happening with it tbh.

Hey everyone, I've got a new idea for a experiment whilst my Signup is on hold. (Serie C bug, waiting for patch so it's sorted)

This is sort of what I was thinking:

My Experiment: The Top Rivalry?

All the time, I hear people saying, "The Man Utd versus Man City game is the best rivalry on earth...", "Barcelona v Real Madrid, El Classico. Clearly the biggest game out there..." or perhaps, "Celtic v Rangers, the only real rivalry with huge amounts of passion these days..." Well, I'm here to end this argument, once and for all. I will go on holiday over a period of 5 years. Every half a season, I'll come off holiday to see how the rivalries went. I'll judge it on 'Amount of bookings and red cards" for the 'Rivalry with Most Passion' award, 'Amount of Goals' for the 'Most exciting Rivarly' Award, 'Average Rating' for the 'Most Quality on offer' Award, and all 3 put together will be the 'Best Rivalry Out There ' Award.

What do you guys think?

Well yeah, I'm thinking:

Barcelona v R Madrid

Liverpool V Everton

Liverpool V Man Utd

Arsenal V Tottenham

Arsenal V Chelsea

Man Utd v Man City

Celtic V Rangers

R Madrid V A Madrid

Sunderland V Newcastle

Tottenham V Chelsea

Anyone got any otehrs they would want and expect me to put in?

EDIT:

AC Milan V Inter Milan (How'd I forget That one?)

Ajax V PSV

Boca Juniors v River Plate

Hibernian V Hearts

PSG V Marseille

Olimpiakos v Panathanikos

Roma V Lazio

Cruzeiro v Atletico-MG

Boca V River

America-MEX v Chivas

Flamengo v Fluminense

Do you reckon that would do? Or suld I add Championship Derbies like Derby v Forest, or Cardiff V Swansea or Norwich V Ispwich?

In South America there are a few:

Boca v River

Penarol v Nacional

Flamengo v Fluminense

Sao Paulo v Corinthians

Gremio v Internacional

Cruzeiro v Atletico-MG

America-MEX v Chivas (not in South America, but Mexico is pretty close)

Alianza Lima v Universitario

I was thinking about the inclusion of the gender choice for managers in the game and how no-one quite seems to have nailed how to include it in a sign up. Suffice to say, I think I’ve figured it out :D

It would involve some people needing to get comfortable with switching gender (probably half the sign up, in fact) and ‘co-operating’ with another forum member. There would be gossip, intrigue and a little bit of ‘keeping up with the Jones’’. In fact, it may be yet another one that lends itself to a style of tv programme…

Anyway, just throwing it out there. I don’t want to give too much away right here (but there’s always PM). Need more time to develop it, and would probably need some help from someone to set up and/or to run it, if I could even do it at all. Also as I’ve said umpteen times, I won’t even get my hands on FM09 for a few weeks yet anyway…

I sure do :). And don't worry, I will post it in the evening for those with work and school commitments.

I will just say that it is similar to the Apprentice: Football Manager Edition but also largely different. But my writing style will be the same.

Do you reckon that would do? Or suld I add Championship Derbies like Derby v Forest, or Cardiff V Swansea or Norwich V Ispwich?

I just nearly threw my laptop down in disgust. How on earth can you forget the most passionate and demanding derby in the world, let alone the Championship?

By the way, I'm clearly on about the Sheffield derby - Blades vs. Pigs.

Flamengo vs Corinthians?

They aren't rivals, they do have the two largest supporter groups in the country, but they are similiar (both are traditionally supported by the lower class) and actually have a mutual respect for each other. Its the upper class (insert swearword) of Sao Paulo and Fluminenese that they hate. :D