Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

What I'm about to do (Just setting up the game now) is buy awful players for millions, and do everything i can to make the 1st teamers happy. Release bad media comments, discipline them, never play them, and offer them to interested clubs for no money at all.

Should be good, I would love to see Rooney's face when I transfer list him:D

And I agree about what you said about them looking good on paper! I'll probably forget about it after telling everyone how fat Mike Ashley is.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I've got two challenge idea's here, I've been thinking about them and want to know what you think!

Fall From Grace

The goal in this challenge is to take over the best four teams in any nation. (E.g, Man.Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool) and attempt to get them all relegated from the Premier. Obviously, this won't be possible in one season, so it should take two to get them all into the Championship.

After you've wrecked their premiership career, you could try going all the way and getting them down to League 2, or even the BSP/ BSN/BSS. It would be interesting to see which clubs would come out top.

And if you want, as an extra, once you have done that in England, move on to Italy or Spain, Germany, France or even Scotland. Your manager is bound to get sacked, so once they do, retire and start a new manager as manager of the club that sacked you. This will be quite hard, to wreck the top 4 completley. But I think that it would be quite pleasurable, especially if one of the top 4 is your rival club...

The Glory of Youth Players

In this challenge, feel free to take control of any club in any of the leagues- but I recommend teams with good youth systems (AC Milan, Arsenal, Ajax, Barcelona).

Your board has been taken over by a very poor bussinesman, who cannot afford to give any transfer budget to the club.

You cannot buy any new players

If a club makes an offer for one of your players, you must sell them.

You can only add to your first team squad with your youth players and reserves.

The aim is to get your full squad full of your home-grown youth players.

Because of the awkwardness in this challenge, if you are sacked you can retire then go back to that club.

Please tell me if you will give these challenges a go, or if they are a good idea!

I like the second idea, i've done something similier (on 08 i think) but with the added bonus of putting the said team in the BSN via the editor.

Hello all I've used come across this thread now,

I am currently trying to get a challenge set up and ready for FM10.

Its called the Red Star Challenge, I've posted a thread about it already in the forum here at the link below

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=143858

Please let me know if I'm wasting my time trying to get this one started and or if there are any suggestions from the challenge creators out there, in fact any feedback from dafuge would mean a great lot as I've been trying and following his challenge for the past two years and for such a simple idea its possible the must fun I've ever had on FM.

Thanks in advance for any and all feedback.

P.S

I do realise since i'm not very prominent on FM forums its going to be hard getting noticed and will find it difficult getting the challenge off the ground

Brazil/UK Swap?

Currently playing in Brazil with Sao Paulo and was wondering if a Brazil/UK swap would be of an interest to anyone. Not sure if I'd bother making a proper database for it until FM2010, but trial runs etc could be a possibility. There are 7 'state' championships in Brazil, if I was to swap the current 'list' would be - South of England, London & East of England, Midlands, North of England & Yorkshire, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland & Ireland. I don't have a lot of experience/knowledge of Brazil, I know the basics but I'm not really familiar with too many of the different state championships. If anyone is interested in being of any assistance (I know that corinthiano could be helpful) then that would be good.

-

leedsfan

I agree with what you are saying, you are a 'less prominent' person on here, well I've never really seen you on here so presume you're just a randomer. I think that, as well as the fact your challenge has a 'different' name is why you're not getting much interest in it. To be honest with you I presumed your challenge just involved managing Red Star, so never bothered looking at your original thread. Perhaps a mistake/lazyness on my behalf, but name's of threads generally define whether people will go in it. For instance a 'Sir Alex Ferguson Challenge' would get a lot more interest than a 'Steve Tilson Challenge' (Southend manager for anyone that doesn't know). After reading what you said your challenge was about then I have to say it is a fairly appealing challenge that in my eyes would get a lot of people taking part. It's effectively an 'easier' version of Gundo/JoseRR's challenge, yet still difficult nonetheless.

You've obviously done well to post in here, because without that post I'd have never looked in your thread. You also have to take into account apart from Dafuge and the other 'small club to big club' challenges it is very hard for any other challenges to get noticed/become popular, but you have a very good and simple idea that could and in theory should work.

To summarize, it is a good idea and I wouldn't say you are wasting your time with it. My tips would perhaps be change the name of the challenge, not sure what to, but I just think you're missing out by having a name of a club. I know that the challenge is based around Red Star's achievements, and that having a mention in the OP about it would obviously be a good idea. I'm not saying that a simple name change will make your challenge an instant success but it's perhaps the first step you need to take with it.

Hello all I've used come across this thread now,

I am currently trying to get a challenge set up and ready for FM10.

Its called the Red Star Challenge, I've posted a thread about it already in the forum here at the link below

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=143858

Please let me know if I'm wasting my time trying to get this one started and or if there are any suggestions from the challenge creators out there, in fact any feedback from dafuge would mean a great lot as I've been trying and following his challenge for the past two years and for such a simple idea its possible the must fun I've ever had on FM.

Thanks in advance for any and all feedback.

P.S

I do realise since i'm not very prominent on FM forums its going to be hard getting noticed and will find it difficult getting the challenge off the ground

Apart from a few nations being ruled out, the possibility of adding a few new ones using the editor and the ability to manage a 'known' team it looks very similar to Gundo's challenge.

From what I've seen here, if people want to take a minnow to glory they tend to want to go the whole hog and manage the smallest club possible. Your idea is good, but I just don't think that many people will go for it. It is sad that so many great ideas go to waste here but it seems that a lot of people (including me) are very set in their ways about how they play the game. I'd love to be able to change that.

Brazil/UK Swap?

Currently playing in Brazil with Sao Paulo and was wondering if a Brazil/UK swap would be of an interest to anyone. Not sure if I'd bother making a proper database for it until FM2010, but trial runs etc could be a possibility. There are 7 'state' championships in Brazil, if I was to swap the current 'list' would be - South of England, London & East of England, Midlands, North of England & Yorkshire, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland & Ireland. I don't have a lot of experience/knowledge of Brazil, I know the basics but I'm not really familiar with too many of the different state championships. If anyone is interested in being of any assistance (I know that corinthiano could be helpful) then that would be good.

There are actually 20-something state championships - if you load all 3 divisions in Brazil they will come up for you. This would give you a lot more flexibility with regions to use.

That said, why not create a local competition for each area, and all the winners go through to a British and Irish final tournament? You will be able to do that on FM10, even make it exactly the same as the state champs if you want. In Brazil, teams below Serie B (or probably Serie C now since they've changed the format) use the championships to decide who qualifies for the Brazilian Cup.

Brazil/UK Swap?

Would this run as a challenge/sign up/experiment? There are a number of interesting possibilities though.

(There are actually 27 State Championships iirc).

I actually tried to swap Brazil earlier in the year. Each state league was to represent a small country (e.g. Guam, East Timor) with the national leagues as a combined championship. However the 3rd Division wouldn't seem to allow swapping, it crashed every time. With the new editor this year you shouldn't need to swap though, it could be possible to add in regional competitions alongside the current English structure. Just yesterday I was thinking of doing something along similar lines, in Spain or England, as I've always enjoyed the Brazilian State C'ships for some reason, and some local competitions in Europe should be fun.

Brazil/UK Swap?

I like this idea but it would take some work to do and I don't think would be possible in 08 because of it crashing if you swap teams in certain leagues. But in 10, go for it :thup:

Brazil/UK Swap?

-

leedsfan

I agree with what you are saying, you are a 'less prominent' person on here, well I've never really seen you on here so presume you're just a randomer. I think that, as well as the fact your challenge has a 'different' name is why you're not getting much interest in it. To be honest with you I presumed your challenge just involved managing Red Star, so never bothered looking at your original thread. Perhaps a mistake/lazyness on my behalf, but name's of threads generally define whether people will go in it. For instance a 'Sir Alex Ferguson Challenge' would get a lot more interest than a 'Steve Tilson Challenge' (Southend manager for anyone that doesn't know). After reading what you said your challenge was about then I have to say it is a fairly appealing challenge that in my eyes would get a lot of people taking part. It's effectively an 'easier' version of Gundo/JoseRR's challenge, yet still difficult nonetheless.

You've obviously done well to post in here, because without that post I'd have never looked in your thread. You also have to take into account apart from Dafuge and the other 'small club to big club' challenges it is very hard for any other challenges to get noticed/become popular, but you have a very good and simple idea that could and in theory should work.

To summarize, it is a good idea and I wouldn't say you are wasting your time with it. My tips would perhaps be change the name of the challenge, not sure what to, but I just think you're missing out by having a name of a club. I know that the challenge is based around Red Star's achievements, and that having a mention in the OP about it would obviously be a good idea. I'm not saying that a simple name change will make your challenge an instant success but it's perhaps the first step you need to take with it.

Apart from a few nations being ruled out, the possibility of adding a few new ones using the editor and the ability to manage a 'known' team it looks very similar to Gundo's challenge.

From what I've seen here, if people want to take a minnow to glory they tend to want to go the whole hog and manage the smallest club possible. Your idea is good, but I just don't think that many people will go for it. It is sad that so many great ideas go to waste here but it seems that a lot of people (including me) are very set in their ways about how they play the game. I'd love to be able to change that.

Cheers guys for the feedback its much appreciated and do mean that, I'll have a look at a name change and maybe present it better and see how it goes, but I will certainly understand if it doesn't take off especially with all the challenges currently out there especially the gundo and dafuge challenges which I know the best.

Just a suggestion to the guys running the "Small Club to Big Club" challenges, none of them allows you to manage in Scotland, which I would imagine would be one of the most popular leagues to manage in (certainly I enjoy it). Hoping that someone can incorporate Scotland into one of their challenges for FM10 :thup:

Mikey :D Your back again!

Yeah, I think it is hard to incorporate for that exact reason. A scottish challenge could be a good idea as there isn't one out there but it is hard to think of one as there is no promotion into the bottom division.

I'll have to scratch my brain about it. Maybe having to win one of the Junior Leagues with one club, then one of the Senior Leagues with another club before being allowed to apply for a Third Division job. Plenty of time to think anyway.

I tend to enjoy managing in Scotland, and I find the 3rd and 2nd divisions really easy. Surprised you struggled in Division Two because its not that much better than Division Three imo, First Division is a step-up.

My first FM09 save was with Annan, got them into the SPL but hit a brick wall - could not expand the stadium beyond the original 3k and could not get enough money to build a new one. Their stadium has the wrong capacity in the database though so I have an excuse!

not really considering they always have at least 1 side in the Group Stages of the CL now, have a good chance of getting 2 in as long as they don't get a tough side in the playoff tie like Celtic have this year.

Russia get 2 teams automatically in to the group stage, while Turkey, Ukraine and Romania (among others) all get 1 in, like Scotland. So by this logic, if Scotland shouldn't be in the small nation challenge, then neither should Russia at the very least.

If you're looking at a full European picture, Russia, Turkey, Greece, Ukraine, Portugal, Holland are all definitely stronger than Scotland, and it could be argued that others such as Belgium, Romania etc are stronger too. Definite middle-of-the-road league.

EDIT: I'm talking leagues, not national teams like I made it sound.

Guest roberto922
With my focus mainly on the Asian leagues, I will probably not include Africa in next year's challenge, so if anyone wants to prepare a SC2BC Africa challenge, then go ahead. :thup:

I might try out Africa in FM10, I fancy a go at Nigeria :)

I think the reason Scotland hasn't been included in Gundo's until now has been the fact that there is no relegation/promotion at the bottom level, so there's no chance to get a previously unplayable team.

I would be interested in having a more in-depth African challenge though. :thup:

Looking at the current editor, a lot of the top teams in the higher rep countries like Egypt, Nigeria, Cameroon etc. all have big squads, and the majority of the top flight teams have a few players at least. Basically all of the lower division teams don't have any players though, so either researching of them would need doing, or there would be an early reliance on regens.

I'd be interested in managing in a small country like Swaziland, that would be a challenge, although there will be few or no real players.

The one man band sign up idea-

5 or 6 users sign up. They chose a position. They chose a BSN/BSS club. And they chose one of the lowest rep countries. The sign up will follow there career at their BSN/BSS club and at international level. Can they take a BSN/BSS club to the premiership? Can they lead their country to the world cup? What do you think?

I have the beginnings of an idea for FM10, but I'm not exactly sure how best to do it. I think I might make it a sign-up. I want to run the idea here first to see if there's any point in going through the work, as there would be a fair amount of research and editing to make it right.

My idea is to turn the National Football League into the National Futbol League. The Green Bay Packers, Dallas Cowboys, and Pittsburgh Steelers drop America's game and pick up the world's game. Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, and Brett Favre trade their helmets for shin guards.

I would first need to set up all the teams, players, and the league itself. Each team would be given a starting XI using real players. The players will be given a certain CA based on their real life ability relative to other players in their position. Thus, the FM teams would end up a reasonable facsimile of their true NFL reputation, stature, and talent level.

I think this would work best as a sign-up where people would be chairmen to determine how the teams are run. If there were enough people interested, I could also open it up to managers to set the personalities and playing styles, but I think the chairmen will be most important. The fact that each team will only have 11 players to start with will make their policies critical to determining success, especially beyond the short term.

What do you think? Would a largely English board have any interest in something involving American teams? Or am I wasting my time?

I have the beginnings of an idea for FM10, but I'm not exactly sure how best to do it. I think I might make it a sign-up. I want to run the idea here first to see if there's any point in going through the work, as there would be a fair amount of research and editing to make it right.

My idea is to turn the National Football League into the National Futbol League. The Green Bay Packers, Dallas Cowboys, and Pittsburgh Steelers drop America's game and pick up the world's game. Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, and Brett Favre trade their helmets for shin guards.

I would first need to set up all the teams, players, and the league itself. Each team would be given a starting XI using real players. The players will be given a certain CA based on their real life ability relative to other players in their position. Thus, the FM teams would end up a reasonable facsimile of their true NFL reputation, stature, and talent level.

I think this would work best as a sign-up where people would be chairmen to determine how the teams are run. If there were enough people interested, I could also open it up to managers to set the personalities and playing styles, but I think the chairmen will be most important. The fact that each team will only have 11 players to start with will make their policies critical to determining success, especially beyond the short term.

What do you think? Would a largely English board have any interest in something involving American teams? Or am I wasting my time?

That would be an interesting idea. I reckon only 'skilled' position players would be included (QB, HB, WR, TE, DB, LB)? And it would be interesting on how to do the draft...