Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

Guest roberto922

I'm presuming this is for the CSE Euros? I have no problem with you being on as long as you do your seasons. I'm gonna be doing a club world championship version to test drive the whole thing so do you want to be on that list too? Anyone that finishes all games that they are eligible for will be considered and the two finalists will be guaranteed a place in the European Championships if they want it.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest roberto922

Hmm I'm stuck in a rut at the moment, I want to run a betting sign up but I don't want anyone to think I'm copying arkitekt88 although I will be making it as different from the netting shop as you can considering the fact that there isn't that many changes you can make as far as the betting is concerned so I pm'ed him a week ago to ensure he was alright with me doing a betting sign up, the problem is that he hasn't responded in over a week, any opinions? Should I just start it or should I wait for a response?

I know the sign up of an offline premiership where everyone tells the person hosting it what tactics to use, and players to sign and such has been done before, but there is none currently running and I feel it's a good sign up to run. What does anyone else think about me possibly doing this as a sign up?

personally hate the look of those things, seem extremely time consuming and hard to take part in/run. Thought the European Championship one was good because it was fairly short term, but doing it for '38 weeks' for 20 teams would be extremely difficult to run imo.

I reckon you'll get 20 people to sign up for it though.

Guest roberto922

So basically one person hosts a match and then other forumers make the decisions? Tactics, transfers, training etc.?

EDIT: Like Paul said, you could have trouble witht he amount it could take to make one small decision etc.

Will be posted my 'idea' next week most probably, once I have carried out some tests (which start tonight)

Also, if anyone reading this is interesting in taking part in a 'Racing simulation game' like F1/AI on a website called 'batracer' or if you have batracer and haven't already joined the CSE/OTF clan on the website, please pm me,

Below is my idea of what to do for my FM09 sign up. It has been written in the style of the opening post of the sign up.

WW’s tribute to a commentator’s curse of an OOTP style dragon’s den adventure within Eurovision land, not forgetting the old create a player and play for a small country addage

Introduction

Hello everyone and welcome to my FM09 sign up, which as you may be able to tell from the concise title – is a spin off of Peter Kay’s show on reality TV shows, only for CSE sign ups.

The Background

Thanks to a generous donation from a mystery Russian businessman, a new national team competition has been set up in aid of helping 8 lesser nations within Europe. He has provided each nation selected £1bn to spend on developing football in their country. Due to his contacts within FIFA & UEFA, he has also struck a deal whereby domestic clubs from these nations will now play their football in the lower leagues of larger European nations, so for example San Marino will now be joined by other San Marinese clubs in the Italian C2 league structure.

The end result of this investment by the anonymous Russian, is that these nations will now compete not just to make the major international finals, but also against each other in a new Friendly Competition, called the Eurovision Paper Plate Cup. Teams will play each nation in a league based series of friendly matches over the space of 2 seasons to decide who is crowned the winner. Prize money will be given depending on where nations finish in this league, with the money being able to be spent on developing those nation’s clubs in the hope of developing new wonderkids of the future. His ultimate aim is to turn these nations all into worldbeaters in international football.

So how does the sign up work

However, I hear you say how does this link all back in to the signing up process, well each of the 8 teams will be made up of 5 members of the forum and will be split into 3 levels:

Level 1: The gaffer – This person will actively play the OOTP style role, being the manager of their nation and submitting tactics to myself for when their nation plays games. All games will be controlled by their Assman, under the proviso of setting team selection and tactics. Therefore the manager of each nation will also ‘create an assman’ during the sign up period. (Credit to bamble and wisla for the previous incarnations of this style of sign up)

Level 2: The Players – As leaving the nations as they currently are would make this sign up pretty difficult for any managers to qualify for major championships, each side will given 3 star 18 year old players: A striker, a midfielder and a defender. Each person who signs up will create a player for their designated position and I will track their fortunes throughout the sign up. Managers will be forced to select these players for national team matches whenever it is physically possible to do so. These players will have a PA = -10 and a CA = 90.

Level 3: The Chief Executive of the National FA – To add a bit of extra spice to sign up, one person from each team will be given the role of Chief Executive of the National FA. This person will be given the task of spending each nations bounty of £1bn at the start of the game, between schemes such as setting training & youth facilities at their clubs, improving the importance of football in their country, establishing youth academy’s and improving the reputation of their domestic clubs etc. They will also decide on how to spend the prize money given to each country after each Eurovision Paper Plate Cup Tournament.

The Chief Executive will also be able to spend money on either developing another young starlet for their national side (create a player) or will be able to spend money on ‘buying’ an existing uncapped player on the FM database to play for their country.

However, the money given to them won’t allow them to do make everything excellent from the start, so this player will need to be quite tactical in setting up a good infrastructure for the manager to work with.

Nations to be used:

* Andorra

* Azerbaijan

* Faroe Islands

* Kazakhstan

* Liechtenstein

* Luxembourg

* Malta

* San Marino

To add a bit of mystery to the sign up, initially when players sign up, their national team and managers will be unknown. Once everyone has signed up, I will then perform a draw whereby each set of players on a team will be given a country, a national chief executive and a manager.

The most important people in this sign up are the managers as they have the greatest control over how your national team will ultimately fare. Therefore, to ensure that this sign up runs smoothly, I will be contacting regulars of the forum to see if they will be interested in taking part as a manager.

I hope that is fairly comprehensive and understandable. The greater details will obviously be made available when the thread is started, but that won't be for a few more weeks yet. The reserve list for existing members of my sign up will start in the next few days. :)

What he said. I'm :confused:

lol, its a lot easier than it may initially look.

Basically it's 3 games in one:

- 8 people are playing an OOTP style game like wisla and Bamble have done in the past

- 8 people are doing a 'fantasy football nation creation' task

- The rest are creating a player and following their nation.

Hopefully that's what I've written above, but in 3 lines! :D

lol' date=' its a lot easier than it may initially look.

Basically it's 3 games in one:

- 8 people are playing an OOTP style game like wisla and Bamble have done in the past

- 8 people are doing a 'fantasy football nation creation' task

- The rest are creating a player and following their nation.

Hopefully that's what I've written above, but in 3 lines! :D[/quote']

Ok, thanks for that. :)

Guest mikeytwigge

didnt notice the reserved places for his old sign up before so i'll probably only be able to get in as a player. Still a brilliant idea

Right, so I was thinking about what sign-up I might run for this years version and despite having a few idea's there was nothing that I really thought would grab people's attention.

So I went for something that has been attempted multiple times before and even won the award for best failed sign-up at the CSE Forum Awards and basically I wanted peoples opinion on me resurrecting it once again before I got started.

For this year I though I would bring back the "It Could Be You.......who's crap" sign-up.

Thoughts please.

Right, so I was thinking about what sign-up I might run for this years version and despite having a few idea's there was nothing that I really thought would grab people's attention.

So I went for something that has been attempted multiple times before and even won the award for best failed sign-up at the CSE Forum Awards and basically I wanted peoples opinion on me resurrecting it once again before I got started.

For this year I though I would bring back the "It Could Be You.......who's crap" sign-up.

Thoughts please.

I think although it is one of the more basic ideas, i think it is one of the best. Hopefully you'll have some success with it!

I think although it is one of the more basic ideas, i think it is one of the best. Hopefully you'll have some success with it!

Likewise, I really liked the idea when iseemonsters originally presented it to us and was disappointed to see however many attempts at it not really get off the ground. Do we know how many attempts there were at making it work ? I recon 4 maybe?

Thanks canvey!!

One thing I forgot to mention that I wanted people's opinions on is any sort of scoring system, at the moment I have 3 options:

1. A league style structure practically the same as WW's Eurovision (with his permission of course)

2. One league table that simply records career appearances, goals etc and we'll see who has the most at the end

3. No scoring system

Any other ideas are also welcome

After finding inspiration from CSE's current BATracer A1GP game, I had a fantastic idea for a new sign up.

The Idea in principal is:

- Players sign up as a Striker for any Nation they like

- They will have a set CA/PA

- The only differences between players will be their Nationality and the different cosmetic parts you choose

There is another twist. The players don't score 'points' on International games. As this would give an advantage to people that pick the 'bigger nations'. Instead they score points on how they do club-wise. They will score more points for making appearances in the top flight/champions league, than they would in the Blue Square North and the FA Trophy.

The Point system will be explained more at a later stage.

I've had an idea for a signup/challenge. It basically stemed from Nep's youth project when I saw Ridley's had a youth project with the same name as one of mine. It would basically involve everyone creating the same player, with the same attributes,PA etc, then see who can make him have the best career.

I've had an idea for a signup/challenge. It basically stemed from Nep's youth project when I saw Ridley's had a youth project with the same name as one of mine. It would basically involve everyone creating the same player, with the same attributes,PA etc, then see who can make him have the best career.

That sounds like a very good idea.

I had a potentially fairly interesting idea, also slightly derived from Nep's thread, and partly from Robert's premiership draft proposal.

Basically, it would involve 'talent spotting' of regens, probably those coming through at top clubs. I thought it might be interesting to see who can spot raw talent based on players stats at 15/16. It could probably be pitched an agent based competition, with performance judged based on wages and transfer fees earned by the player. I guess you would have to add a new batch of regens each season to keep it interesting, but the issue then would be that before long you'd be tracking quite a lot of players and it would get tricky. You could add in options to trade players and so on to keep it lively.

But in any case, I have neither the game, and more importantly, the time for such a thing so unless anyone's interested in borrowing it, it goes no further than this ramble :D

I had a potentially fairly interesting idea, also slightly derived from Nep's thread, and partly from Robert's premiership draft proposal.

Basically, it would involve 'talent spotting' of regens, probably those coming through at top clubs. I thought it might be interesting to see who can spot raw talent based on players stats at 15/16. It could probably be pitched an agent based competition, with performance judged based on wages and transfer fees earned by the player. I guess you would have to add a new batch of regens each season to keep it interesting, but the issue then would be that before long you'd be tracking quite a lot of players and it would get tricky. You could add in options to trade players and so on to keep it lively.

But in any case, I have neither the game, and more importantly, the time for such a thing so unless anyone's interested in borrowing it, it goes no further than this ramble :D

I loved this idea, so I thought about it a bit more last night and have come up with this format:

The Concept

Once a year (on a set date e.g. 15th June) the top league of one nation will be chosen. I would then post the league table for last season and give out the level of youth facilities for all clubs. Then on a draft basis the agents (participants in the sign-up) will be able to chose the club they would like to scout out for talent. The player who is last in the sign-up will be first to choose, the second-last would get second pick and so forth. I would then post a screenie of all the players that came through the youth ranks that year and the agent has to pick the player he thinks has the most potential.

The agent will receive 20% of all wages and extra fees + 10% of all transfer fees involving his player. There could also be bonuses for international appearances but I havent really thought of a concrete value or amount. Whoever has the most money at the end of the sign-up wins!

As a new player is selceted ever year, results will could constantly chanege as real talents are picked out by some. I would also like to load up leagues from different continents so that we could have the scenario of lets say a player from Hong Kong making it to Europe and the agent that spotted him really profiting from it against other agents whose players are stuck in Asia.

Number of Participants

10-20 people would probably be a range that is most suitable, it has to be relatively low, as the further game goes, the more effort it would take to update the sign up.

Leagues Loaded

Quite a few, preferably at least one per continent apart from the big leagues in Europe, ideally I d like to load up every league available, ideas on that would be welcome. Also, would it be crucial for the game to be run in full detail level? If not, it is way more likely I d be able to load up more leagues.

So then, hopefully you guys like the idea I "developed" from bermybhoys original ramble ;)

Any feedback or suggestions would be more than welcome!