Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

X FACTOR SIGN UP - IDEAS

People to sign up by creating a player - am looking at 20 if possible. The player will start with all attributes set to 10 but the sign-up will require the CSE member to 'spend' 50 attribute points on improving whichever attributes they want to as well as identifying positions and information for the sign up player. I will be limiting to 2 GK, 8 DF, 8 MF and 4 AT.

After that, it will be time for the auditions. The twenty CSE members will have the opportunity to 'earn' a top ranking and the right to choose which manager they will play under - these managers will be representing the X-Factor judges - and some will be better than others obviously. I'm thinking that answering a question about one of the managers will be a good way to generate interest at the early stage. The first person to answer a question will get first choice at the managers, the second person will get second choice etc ...

After the auditions, the players will be sent to boot camp. This will be in two pre-season matches on FM - ten players will be placed at one team and the other ten at another team and they will play a two-leg match with each team at home once each. The twenty players average ratings from both games will be added together and the players will be ranked from one to twenty. The top player will receive another 20 attribute points to boost their player, the second player will receive another 19 attribute points etc ...

After boot camp, it will be time for the main show. The players will be placed with their manager in four groups of five at a random Premiership clubs. I will play a full season and rank the players by their average rating in all competitive matches. The bottom four will be 'in danger' of being eliminated from the competition with two to go. Am unsure whether to eliminate the lowest ranked player or run a voting system amongst the readers of the sign up.

Once the bottom two have been eliminated, the remaining players will receive extra attribute points based on their final positions, the achievements of their teams and managers etc ... The highest average rating player will get to decide which Premiership club their player plays for next season - the manager and other players that were with that player follow. Of the remaining players, the highest ranked one will decide on their players club and the manager and other players will follow etc ... Then the season will be played again and we play the next show.

Once we are down to six, I will make it one player to leave per season.

Once we are down to three, it will be all about being the player with the highest rating. This player will be crowned champion.

These are ideas and are subject to change still. Would love any suggestions that you guys may have.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

X FACTOR SIGN UP - IDEAS

People to sign up by creating a player - am looking at 20 if possible. The player will start with all attributes set to 10 but the sign-up will require the CSE member to 'spend' 50 attribute points on improving whichever attributes they want to as well as identifying positions and information for the sign up player. I will be limiting to 2 GK, 8 DF, 8 MF and 4 AT.

After that, it will be time for the auditions. The twenty CSE members will have the opportunity to 'earn' a top ranking and the right to choose which manager they will play under - these managers will be representing the X-Factor judges - and some will be better than others obviously. I'm thinking that answering a question about one of the managers will be a good way to generate interest at the early stage. The first person to answer a question will get first choice at the managers, the second person will get second choice etc ...

After the auditions, the players will be sent to boot camp. This will be in two pre-season matches on FM - ten players will be placed at one team and the other ten at another team and they will play a two-leg match with each team at home once each. The twenty players average ratings from both games will be added together and the players will be ranked from one to twenty. The top player will receive another 20 attribute points to boost their player, the second player will receive another 19 attribute points etc ...

After boot camp, it will be time for the main show. The players will be placed with their manager in four groups of five at a random Premiership clubs. I will play a full season and rank the players by their average rating in all competitive matches. The bottom four will be 'in danger' of being eliminated from the competition with two to go. Am unsure whether to eliminate the lowest ranked player or run a voting system amongst the readers of the sign up.

Once the bottom two have been eliminated, the remaining players will receive extra attribute points based on their final positions, the achievements of their teams and managers etc ... The highest average rating player will get to decide which Premiership club their player plays for next season - the manager and other players that were with that player follow. Of the remaining players, the highest ranked one will decide on their players club and the manager and other players will follow etc ... Then the season will be played again and we play the next show.

Once we are down to six, I will make it one player to leave per season.

Once we are down to three, it will be all about being the player with the highest rating. This player will be crowned champion.

These are ideas and are subject to change still. Would love any suggestions that you guys may have.

After reading that it seems a lot more complicated than my original version, but I'd also like to add that it sounds a hell of a lot more thought out and more interesting/enjoyable for the people that would take part. I think that the 'voting' for which user to be eliminated also sounds like a very good idea, however rotating it would be good as well, so not every elimination is decided the same way to give it some variety/surprise to keep people guessing. Think that it would be interesting to make it so the winner is decided by user's votes, however if you'd want it to be decided by which person has the highest average rating then of course it's your sign up. Apart from that I can't really think of anything else you could do, perhaps incorporate 5 other users into being the 'managers' of the 4 groups, however that would obviously involve more work for yourself. But it's definitely a refreshing and interesting sign up idea, and I'd definitely be interesting in participating if I get the chance :thup:

After reading that it seems a lot more complicated than my original version, but I'd also like to add that it sounds a hell of a lot more thought out and more interesting/enjoyable for the people that would take part.

Thanks very much (ASIDE: Preston 0 Cardiff 1 - Wayhay! Good news for the Blades!)

I think that the 'voting' for which user to be eliminated also sounds like a very good idea, however rotating it would be good as well, so not every elimination is decided the same way to give it some variety/surprise to keep people guessing.

I did consider changing the way eliminations could occur. Maybe I could eliminate the lowest average rating automatically and then the next three lowest are voted on. But in some seasons, the three to be voted on are decided in a different way, i.e. lowest placed manager has all his remaining players placed on 'danger list' for example?

Think that it would be interesting to make it so the winner is decided by user's votes, however if you'd want it to be decided by which person has the highest average rating then of course it's your sign up.

That's a good idea. I think I may do it like ITV's ice dancing thing where the judges vote and then the public vote and both contribute. Average rating could be used as starting score and then each vote increases them by 0.1 or something?

Apart from that I can't really think of anything else you could do, perhaps incorporate 5 other users into being the 'managers' of the 4 groups, however that would obviously involve more work for yourself.

That would be too much - it is my first sign up remember?!!!! :cool:

But it's definitely a refreshing and interesting sign up idea, and I'd definitely be interesting in participating if I get the chance :thup:

Again, thank you. I shall make sure you are reserved a place for your suggestions! ;)

(ASIDE: Waaaaaaahhhhhhhhhoooooooooooo! PNE 2 Cardiff 0!)

Sounds like a good idea :thup:

Only thing I don't like is the "answer a question idea." Because once the first person gets the question then everyone else has to copy and paste to get the answer.

I'd suggest doing some kind of draw, or making people pick a number ( 5 people max per number 1-4), as I think that works better.

Sounds like a good idea :thup:

Only thing I don't like is the "answer a question idea." Because once the first person gets the question then everyone else has to copy and paste to get the answer.

I'd suggest doing some kind of draw, or making people pick a number ( 5 people max per number 1-4), as I think that works better.

There will be twenty questions (five per manager) and people only need to answer one. Anybody who answers more than one will be busted straight to position 20 in the list. If someone copies and pastes the answer to one that's already answered, then it won't count.

I know what you're getting at: if I haven't explained it enough there, don't worry. I know what I mean and it will work! A 'draw' is random and wouldn't be an audition ... By publishing questions, I will be ensuring that people who sign up check it regularly as they won't know when the questions are coming! Thanks for the comments/suggestions Weeman!

Guest roberto922

I didn't make it, someone asked me what OTF meant so I randomly said that then posted it on the omegle thread in OTF and someone put it under what OTF could mean :) It's gone now though

ok i have a challenge idea

i have posted it before and nobody tried it

you start at the bottom of a multi tier league system like england or italy

you chose a team in the lowest league

you have to try and win the top league

you can only get promoted once with each team

Elaborating on my previous idea, I was thinking of making a Britain's Got Talent type thing (obviously the SI forums instead), I'd be the England manager and for each match, users would upload there tactic and choose the squad. At the end of each week, users would vote off who they wish to. The user with the mosts votes would then be eliminated.

CV, would it be where you had say 20 people and they each took turns in selecting the team and tactic for the game and then, after each week, one of the users would be voted off?

Problem is though, wouldn't the person who managed the first week get voted off because there was no one else to vote.

I am thinking of a Big Brother Type idea with however many housemates are in the show in it for a sign-up.

Does anyone know how many housemates there are in the show?

CV, would it be where you had say 20 people and they each took turns in selecting the team and tactic for the game and then, after each week, one of the users would be voted off?

Problem is though, wouldn't the person who managed the first week get voted off because there was no one else to vote.

I am thinking of a Big Brother Type idea with however many housemates are in the show in it for a sign-up.

Does anyone know how many housemates there are in the show?

normally about 14/15 iirc

Hi all,

As I keep invading everyone else's sign ups I thought I should have a go at repaying the debt and make one myself.

Now, as it will be my first go I don't want to do anything fancy. I was thinking about doing a basic manager sign up, where say 10 people start in the BSS or BSN, pick your own club. To make things a little different CA would be 80 and PA 160. I thought it would be nice if some lower teams were involved in the sign up rather than the normal premiership etc.

Obviously, eventually some may get there, but it would take a while and some lower teams should be involved along the way.

You would be given a certain amount of points for attributes at the start. Also as a bit of fun you can create a member of staff, player or non player, who will also be CA 80 PA 160 who would be set to have you as favoured personnel and vice versa. You would then get to spend points etc on that member of staff, who and what that member is will be up to you.

I do have a fairly busy RL but should be able to do an update a week, is that ok?

Also I wanted to make sure that this isn't stepping on anybodies toes, so please say if I'm stealing ideas, it's been done etc. Suggestions are welcomed and encouraged.

At the end of the day it's just meant to be a thank you to the CSE'ers for letting me settle here in the month since I have joined.

Many thanks

Denther

Don't worry about feeling like you have stepped on anyones toes as it can be difficult to find something completely original to do. An update a week is fine as long as you make sure you let people know. You could try making it a father and son thing for something different as well.

Good Luck :thup:

It sounds like a good sign-up Denther if run well.

An update a week is fine.

A father son thing sounds interesting as Blowcrapup said and maybe you could include that. It isn't stepping on anybody's toes as this player and manager sign-ups are done quite often and if you can add some originality to it like father and son, then it would make it even better.

I was playing on KOTOR yesterday morning and the idea dawned on me for a sign up. This is just a basic outline as the actual sign up will be slightly more complex (Lol reading it this may be complex enough). Huge apologies as this is quite long. I have tried to break it down slightly.

Star Wars - Jedi vs Sith Sign Up

The basic idea involves everyone being Jedi trying to root out two Sith among them. The sign up will end when either there are no more Jedi or no more naturally Dark people for the Sith to recruit from.

This involves a number of users signing up using a basic form. They will all have 80 CA and 200 PA (with 3 exceptions) and would all have to take a small quiz, that I will make up, to determine their natural alignment (Dark, Light, Neutral). Then I will run a training period (one season ran separately to main game). Using a very basic scoring system I will then decide who lies where. This is where it gets a little more complex. The person with the highest score and the darkest alignment will become the Sith Master (I will tell him through PM), and will pick an Apprentice from the other dark players. Whilst the highest scoring person with a light alignment will become the star Jedi.

Thats a rough very basic outline. There is a huge 1,300 word full outline which I will PM to anyone that wants to know more. (PM me for it) The small part above mentions a few things that are explained in the full one though. (It is pretty long and complex so I don't want to post it in here.) I may run this if there is enough interest alongside my other sign up but my other sign up will have priority, so this may be on hold at times if I go forward with it.

* The is a limit on the number of chars a PM can contain so the idea PM will come in 4 parts.*

Thanks for the feedback Blowcrapup and pnefc22.

I do like the idea of father and son!

It's between that or putting the story as the FA are fed up with fans complaining and so invite 10 fans to be managers. I will be adding a bit of story in the form of newspaper articles etc just to give it a bit more depth.

I have more ideas for the fans idea, but will people prefer the father son idea? With the father son I was thinking of asking users to band together to make the father son, eg blowcrapup is dad (manager) pnefc22 is son (player).

I will be messing about with the editor and finalising my idea hopefully tonight so if anyone has a preference between the two please let me know.

BTW, Blowcrapup I like your Star Wars idea :thup:

Thanks for the feedback Blowcrapup and pnefc22.

I do like the idea of father and son!

It's between that or putting the story as the FA are fed up with fans complaining and so invite 10 fans to be managers. I will be adding a bit of story in the form of newspaper articles etc just to give it a bit more depth.

I have more ideas for the fans idea, but will people prefer the father son idea? With the father son I was thinking of asking users to band together to make the father son, eg blowcrapup is dad (manager) pnefc22 is son (player).

I will be messing about with the editor and finalising my idea hopefully tonight so if anyone has a preference between the two please let me know.

BTW, Blowcrapup I like your Star Wars idea :thup:

You should do which ever one you prefer. You can always hold the other one back until the first one has finished.

And I am guessing the hidden attribute "Dirtyness" might have something to do with a person's force alignment

I didn't even consider that if I'm honest I was just going to go off the quiz results.

I didn't even consider that if I'm honest I was just going to go off the quiz results.

Ah yeah, I read through your PMs and discovered that. Perhaps somehow both the "Aggression" and "Dirtyness" attributes of all participants can be worked into this idea and tweaked as we go along the game? So your quiz to firstly determine the alignment of all participants prior to the game start, and then these two attributes come into play during the course of the game.

Both these attributes affect a player's discipline right? So participants could use the yellow/red cards accrued over a season as a hint of each other's alignment. But to make it not too obvious who is attuned to the light and who is attuned to the dark, everyone should start off with a high "aggression" of something like 15 while in addition, dark aligned jedis have 10 "dirtyness" and the two members of the Sith have 15 "dirtyness" (Jedis have 0).

Then as we progress on with the Jedi council, each time a Jedi is falsely accused of being dark when in fact he is light, he makes the gradual fall towards the dark side as feelings of indignation and rage course through him and his "dirtyness" gets bumped up to 5. He can then perhaps be manipulated by the Sith Lord and Apprentice in some way, and should the manipulation prove successful, he then becomes dark-aligned and joins the rest of his brethren at 10 "dirtyness".

This is just something rough though, and probably needs a lot more thinking through to be successfully incorporated into your idea. Nevertheless, some food for thought. :)

I like the idea of Dark Aligned players being more aggressive and dirty as it would make it slightly easier to discover the Sith and gives it some base rather than making it pure guess work.

I really like your idea on the Jedi slowly falling to the Dark side if they are falsely accused as it goes very well with my idea for it. My idea was based on the Alignment. If a person was falsly accused had an Dark or Neutral alignment then they would leave the order and become a "hermit" and would not be allowed to be in the Council. If they were light sided then nothing would happen as a light person would accept it as normal.

However I now may combine this with your idea of falling towards the dark side. Anyone falsely accused would lose a point of their alignment scale. Anyone who slid into the dark side or neutrality will leave the order while a Jedi will stay but will not be allowed to join the Council next time round. Serving on the Council will increase the person's scale (unless they are Sith).

This though, like the whole thing still, needs to be fined tuned. Its also not very well explained but hopefully you can get the jist of it.

Here's an idea for a challenge: your aim is to maximize the number of matches you are in charge for for any one year, but with one important caveat: you are not allowed to remain at the same club for more than one match at a time. Play a match for a club, and you must resign before that club plays its next match.

You might think this idea was inspired by the behaviour of a certain contributor to this forum. You might very well think that; I couldn't possibly comment.

blowcrapup, for the Jedi sign-up, you should incorporate ambition for each of the Sith or anyone who has a chance to become Sith because that is one thing that leads to the Dark Side.

It could work for the first time round for the 2 initial Sith with the one with the highest ambition becoming the master but after that it follows the ways of the Sith laid down in the games and novels (Apprentice becomes master/Master picks new Apprentice)

I have an idea for a big sign-up - based on forum members creating a team in a lower league, and a Backbone of the team - basically 4 players, a GK, DC, MC and ST that are fiercely loyal with 100 CA and a chosen PA (should stay with the team) and a bunch of random 80 CA/ 120 PA loyal youngsters - the aim would be to take the team to the champions of that countries top division.

The focus would be on the team, not on the Backbone - they would be able to spend points on various attributes - including which backbone player has -10 for PA, which has -9, which has -8 etc. Points would also be available to spend on starting cash, youth facilities, training etc as per other sign ups - but I hope to give as much freedom to create a club to see who gets to the top fastest.

Considering my current sign up is quite a cut down version of other "Lets take a rubbish international team and see what amazing youth can do" - I am aiming to fill the lower leagues, so some teams get relegated, and some will definitely get promoted.

Will something like this work? Will fiercely loyal players with good CA actually stay with the teams? I will only load the one league.

Also updates wise - Since this is going to be quite a few clubs, what format should updates take?

Also I like the idea of forum members getting involved during the sign up - but I can't think of anything apart from messing with reputation of the clubs - in a draft system - so that the worst clubs (that didn't get relegated!) get the pick of the talent etc.

Experiment/Sign up/Challenge all in one idea. Each member chooses a country, an obscure country and edits all the domestic clubs to top facilities eg 20 training 20 youth. They then post results promising regens etc and I do a league table for it. Feedback welcome

Experiment/Sign up/Challenge all in one idea. Each member chooses a country, an obscure country and edits all the domestic clubs to top facilities eg 20 training 20 youth. They then post results promising regens etc and I do a league table for it. Feedback welcome

Don't even bother trying, that's my feedback.

You know and we all know that you're not going to follow a sign-up, challenge or anything all the way through.