Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

Yep!! may have to go back to the drawing board and be a bit more creative.... (i have one idea but not sure how great it is yet....)

lol I'm curious. Just say it. :p

I thought my Asian challenge would have a bad reception, but it's turning out very good right now. :D

And very good idea WW. :thup:

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WW:

I like it, nay, love it! There's obviously still work to be done on the details as it's such a grand project - but it sounds great fun. I assume this isn't related to the one you were talking about earlier involving captains?

BTW, was it me who started this craze about sign-ups being based on TV shows? I think elimination sign-ups are much more fun than bog-standard "let's see how the team do" sign-ups.

Depends if you can my Eurovision sign up as being styled on a TV show?! :p;) lol

Oh yeah, its still a very rough idea - only came up with it a very short time ago.

No it isn't the sign up I had in planning and to be honest I'm more than willing to let someone else do something based on my Gladiators idea.

I still like the 'follow a club / player' sign ups, I think you just need a decent enough idea to have a good sign up. :)

There is a certain trend at the moment to have TV style sign ups.... I blame reality TV :D

i do hope you do it just after release JoseRR!! i'll probably start with that challenge (unless you don't do it straight away...) and will want to post my progress!! i think getting the challenge up early may draw in more players too. up to you though of course!

I will be interested in ding the Euro championships challenge :)

Yep!! may have to go back to the drawing board and be a bit more creative.... (i have one idea but not sure how great it is yet....)

basically it revolved around clubs that play in different countries leagues to where they are situated... such as Cardiff, Monaco, Wrexham, San Marino (though i wouldn't do them because of Ter's challenge) etc. seeing if they can conquor that countries' league - that kind of thing.

only thing would be the differing level of difficulty depending on the club.... although i guess would be good for differing levels of gameplaying experience.

there, that's it!! :D

basically it revolved around clubs that play in different countries leagues to where they are situated... such as Cardiff, Monaco, Wrexham, San Marino (though i wouldn't do them because of Ter's challenge) etc. seeing if they can conquor that countries' league - that kind of thing.

only thing would be the differing level of difficulty depending on the club.... although i guess would be good for differing levels of gameplaying experience.

there, that's it!! :D

Ah, that would be cool. Maybe you start hunting for more clubs that fit that criteria. :D

Maybe also add an international element where you must also win the World Cup/Euro Championship with the national team.:D

Ah, that would be cool. Maybe you start hunting for more clubs that fit that criteria. :D

Maybe also add an international element where you must also win the World Cup/Euro Championship with the national team.:D

i've already searched on Wikipedia and there's 33 teams i think all over the world. taking out the non-playable ones it'll leave 15-20 teams roughly. could also add the International element too. something to ponder... :rolleyes::)

Guest mikeytwigge

i think it sounds like a good idea. Only problem is what you have spotted being the various different levels these clubs are at because it would be much easier to complete with cardiff and wales than the two san marinos

i think it sounds like a good idea. Only problem is what you have spotted being the various different levels these clubs are at because it would be much easier to complete with cardiff and wales than the two san marinos

you're right, it would and i do recognise this. The way i see it is that it MAY draw in a few players who fancy playing a challenge game that might take say 10 years to complete in addition to those that like a real good long career game of 30 years+. The different levels of quality in the clubs, say from Monaco in France to Wrexham in Wales adds different levels of difficulty to the game. and then their is the matter of international management as most of the countries are a long way down the FIFA rankings...

more comments please!

Sounds like a brilliant idea rlipscombe, what would the 15-20 clubs be?

I think that there being different levels of difficulty is a good thing as it will attract all sorts of players and offer very different types of games!

the clubs i believe that are playable are Albirex Niigata, Berwick Rangers, Cardiff City, DPMM FC, Dalian Shide Siwu, Derry City, Lanwa FC, Monaco, The New Saints, Newport County, Super Reds FC, Swansea City, Toronto FC, FC Vaduz, Wellington Phoenix and Wrexham. Merthyr Tydfil & USV Eschen/Mauren are also playable if they gain promotion from the respective leagues below (although this then iminges on Gundo's and Dafuge's challenges...) i have left San Marino off the list as there is an existing challenge for them.

quite a few of the teams are Asian teams although there are also English, Scottish, Welsh, Irish, French, American and Australian games to be played...

the clubs i believe that are playable are Albirex Niigata, Berwick Rangers, Cardiff City, DPMM FC, Dalian Shide Siwu, Derry City, Lanwa FC, Monaco, The New Saints, Newport County, Super Reds FC, Swansea City, Toronto FC, FC Vaduz, Wellington Phoenix and Wrexham. Merthyr Tydfil & USV Eschen/Mauren are also playable if they gain promotion from the respective leagues below (although this then iminges on Gundo's and Dafuge's challenges...) i have left San Marino off the list as there is an existing challenge for them.

quite a few of the teams are Asian teams although there are also English, Scottish, Welsh, Irish, French, American and Australian games to be played...

TORONTO FC!!! :D

And technically the Dalian (Chinese team) reserve team play in Singapore. :p

TORONTO FC!!! :D

And technically the Dalian (Chinese team) reserve team play in Singapore. :p

they do - that's the team i mean. need to confirm they are playable though. Toronto FC are one of the more 'appealing' teams i guess for those who want to try and crack the MLS...

I'd do it and have a go with Toronto although what league do Albirex Niigata play in?

straight from Wikipedia....

"Albirex Niigata FC (Singapore) is a soccer club which plays in Singapore's S.League. The club is a satellite team of Albirex Niigata of Japan, and its players come from Japan.

The club joined the S.League in 2004, and has succeeded in winning over the local Japanese community in Singapore, and has also attracted praise from the local media for their professional approach to running a football club."

they do - that's the team i mean. need to confirm they are playable though. Toronto FC are one of the more 'appealing' teams i guess for those who want to try and crack the MLS...

Good luck with them. :thup:

I've already cracked the MLS. TFC isn't a challenge to me. :p

I might have a go with Wellington or Monaco. I haven't played in Australia or France in a long time!

straight from Wikipedia....

"Albirex Niigata FC (Singapore) is a soccer club which plays in Singapore's S.League. The club is a satellite team of Albirex Niigata of Japan, and its players come from Japan.

The club joined the S.League in 2004, and has succeeded in winning over the local Japanese community in Singapore, and has also attracted praise from the local media for their professional approach to running a football club."

Is Chivas US the same then?

Double post :(

but...

canvey!!'s super-dooper first ever challenge (working title) will be posted tomorrow :) \o/

I like it. I think you should go with that as the actual title.

Depending on if I'm out or not tomorrow night, my challenge will be up either tomorrow or on Saturday morning.

Slight addition to it now, after some discussion with Rancer, I'm going to add MLS into it too, making it a Small Club to Big Club Americas challenge, unconfirmed title though.

I like it. I think you should go with that as the actual title.

Depending on if I'm out or not tomorrow night, my challenge will be up either tomorrow or on Saturday morning.

Slight addition to it now, after some discussion with Rancer, I'm going to add MLS into it too, making it a Small Club to Big Club Americas challenge, unconfirmed title though.

Yes, you CSE-ers can now challenge yourself to MLS in FM09! :D

Oh, and there will be some changes to my challenge, tentatively titled rancer890's small club to big club Asian and African challenge. :)

Think all the continents are now playable as a challenge, unless there's an Antarctica football league hiding somewhere. :p

Africas always been playable...

Think all the continents are now playable as a challenge

and...

Well considering the fact that the Americas are now one continent that would certainly make sense.

When did this happen? Some major tectonic shift while I wasn't looking? :eek: