Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Managing in South America in the long term is something I've never got round to doing, perhaps I'll do it with FM09.

I was thinking the same. I'll either do the 'small club to big club' challenge or I'll try to get a career going around the different available countries (maybe a 'South American career thread could be set up if there's enough interest).

Btw dafuge, the discussion over club threads and career threads seems to have gone quiet. Have you and the mod from GPTG (Cleon was it?) had any further ideas about it?

Match of the Day inspired me to this...

The Hull City Challenge

The name is a bit misleading as you don't have to be Hull City to do this...

Take a team who are bottom of League 2 and within ten years be at least joint top of the Premiership at the end of October....

It'd be tough... but that's the point, isn't it??

I was thinking about a challenge request thread. There is the guide to the challenges, but as that isn't posted in, it would disappear from the front page rather quickly meaning those people who don't bother to read the forum sticky won't find it, and end up starting a new thread saying 'I want a challenge' (or, even worse, 'i want a challenge').

How about a challenge request thread? Started with a link to the challenges guide, but then if anyone wants a particular type of challenge, they post their request in there. If such a challenge already exists, someone comes along and directs them to it. If it doesn't, it could be seen as an idea if someone wants to create a new challenge. What are people's thoughts?

If there's a challenge you want added to the guide to the challenges you need to PM dafuge about it...same as if you want a sign-up added to the guide to the sign-ups you need to PM me about it.

Of course stickying the guide to the challenges is an option - but what if said challenge isn't out there? It would be nice to make it more user-friendly, particularly new-user-friendly, in that someone can enter the requests thread and simply ask for a type of challenge.

dafuge, what are your thoughts on the Challenge Requests thread?

It's a decent idea, although I'm not sure how often it would be used.

If you want to create one I'll add it to the welcome thread although I'm not sure how many people actually read that thread when they come here.

If you want to create one I'll add it to the welcome thread although I'm not sure how many people actually read that thread when they come here.

I might do: I'll gauge some more reactions first.

And that's true about reading the welcome thread. There isn't really much you can do about that, I suppose. Getting ultra-strict on that might help, but that isn't a direction we want to take.

I think canvey!! was implying it would be a sticky

Apologies, I wasn't. I was thinking that with the number of requests to keep it afloat, it wouldn't need to be a sticky.

dafuge - not trying to have a go or anything, it's just that as it's not a sticky, noone knows about it to be requested (if that makes any sense)

It's linked within the sticky thread.

It was better before when I could edit the forum header but with the new forum software this looks like the best way of doing it. It's not ideal but I think it's better than having loads of stickies, that just annoys me when I have to scroll down to see the actual threads that have been posted in.

It's linked within the sticky thread.

It was better before when I could edit the forum header but with the new forum software this looks like the best way of doing it. It's not ideal but I think it's better than having loads of stickies, that just annoys me when I have to scroll down to see the actual threads that have been posted in.

I'm with Dafuge on this one, the less stickies the better.

How about something with the Three Newly promoted teams? like being top by Christmas :)

PS. I downloaded the Vanilla Demo because it was a lot smaller, and I am seriously loving it like nothing else, I just hope that NZ release is not too delayed cause that would suck or I might have to get it online :p

Guest roberto922

How about one to topple the Old Firm? I think it'd be best to do the challenges in either Scotland or England as they are in both demos

I will be doing a collect trophies from around the world challenge and a get a player to play 1000 games or score 1000 goals challenge? Anyone interested and what are your thoughts/suggestions?

The 1000 goals challenge sounds like a good idea.

Going on what some people managed in the 08 challenges, you might get a lot of people giving it a go.

Ha HA. was just thinking about redoing the south american challenge for FM09 and then come on here and see Razer is planning on doing it. saved me doing some work for it i guess....

lol too bad there aren't more North American Leagues in FM, then you might be able to start the small club to big club North American Challenge.:D

Don't how I thought of this, but was messing about on youtube and suddenly thought of a potentially cracking idea for a sign up for FM09 (although yet another around a TV show however! ;) )

First of all, any contestants would have to answer the following questions to see if they fit the bill:

Do you have the will.... and the skill?

Do you have the speed?..

the stength?..

and the heart to beat a..... Gladiator!!!!

Oh yes, it's the turn of the CSE forum to take on the challenge and see whether they have the power to beat the Gladiators! :D

The idea is that people (probably 16 or 32 people) would sign up all as midfielders (best as you would need to be an all rounder to compete in the events) and would be drawn against another forumer each round, with the winner going on to the next round.

A knockout format being followed, with a contest against each other would last the course of the season, and a 'series of events' being created for people to do battle over. Each event would score players points which would give them an advantage for the end of season 'eliminator' course which would decide who progresses to the next round!

The Gladiators would be in the form of AI players and I would take on the role of mentoring them. My aim would of course be to batter the contestants (yourself).

If people like the idea, I don't mind someone else running this sign up and I would be willing to offer tips as to how it would run.

What do people think.... do you think you have the power to beat the Gladiators?! :D

Are you going to be running a new sign up / challenge for FM2009?

I intend to run my Big Euro Nation challenge again this year, hopefully starting it from the off can raise the profile of the challenge.

Are you going to be posting your thread as soon as the game is released or wait until a patch has been released?

I will probably post it soon after release (However I have no idea when i'll be getting FM09, probably for Christmas).

i do hope you do it just after release JoseRR!! i'll probably start with that challenge (unless you don't do it straight away...) and will want to post my progress!! i think getting the challenge up early may draw in more players too. up to you though of course!

WW:

I like it, nay, love it! There's obviously still work to be done on the details as it's such a grand project - but it sounds great fun. I assume this isn't related to the one you were talking about earlier involving captains?

BTW, was it me who started this craze about sign-ups being based on TV shows? I think elimination sign-ups are much more fun than bog-standard "let's see how the team do" sign-ups.

lol too bad there aren't more North American Leagues in FM, then you might be able to start the small club to big club North American Challenge.:D

Yep!! may have to go back to the drawing board and be a bit more creative.... (i have one idea but not sure how great it is yet....)