Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway, I have an idea for a challenge I would like to run past you guys here before starting a new thread.

It's called the Extremes of Europe challenge. Basically taking the Northernmost, Easternmost, Westernmost and Southernmost European clubs to Champions League glory.

I have even researched what these clubs are. :o

A quick rundown:

Northernmost - Tromso in Norway. The most northern top flight club in the world apparantly, located above the Arctic Circle. Already quite an established team in Norway's top flight, so should be the easiest to achive European glory.

Easternmost - Luch Vladivostok. I think there was a challenge done with this team before. Anyway, a small team located in Vladivostok on Russia's eastern seaboard, they're closer to Japan and China than Moscow. Also plays in the top flight, but more often fighting relegation than challenging for honours.

Southernmost - Either Tenerife, Las Palmas or Vecindario. Located in the Canary Islands off the coast of Africa. Both Tenerife and Las Palmas have some success in the past, but are now in Spain's Segunda Division. Vecindario (in FM09 at least) are one division below and would be a tougher challenge, but I suppose with Spain's league ranking with UEFA, should be easier once you make it to the top flight.

Westernmost - Santa Clara, in Portugal's Liga Honra. Plays in the Azores Islands, 1,500km from mainland Portugal and, at its most Western point, only 2,000km away from St John's, Canada. You will have the tough challenge of breaking Portugal's big 3 should you attempt this.

Depending on which team you go for, you could be bringing the European Cup to Africa, Asia, America or even the Arctic. :D

Anyone fancy running the second community challenge?

If so, send me a PM with an idea for a challenge.

The details are up to you but it can't be more than one season.

I think my idea will cause a public outcry from the FM community, and it's from a country that has football and soccer. :D

Are custom databases allowed for community challenges?

I think my idea will cause a public outcry from the FM community, and it's from a country that has football and soccer. :D

Are custom databases allowed for community challenges?

I don't see why not, as long as it is something that will interest a large number of people.

Ok basically I have an Idea where I use the free player database, and stick all the premiership clubs with the same reputation so therefore United and Chelsea will not get all the best players.

I then ask someone to sign up a talented youngster for each premiership club.

Note: I have also changed all the teams names :)

Any interest?

EDIT: I've also changed everyone in the leagues finances to the same

Ok basically I have an Idea where I use the free player database, and stick all the premiership clubs with the same reputation so therefore United and Chelsea will not get all the best players.

I then ask someone to sign up a talented youngster for each premiership club.

Note: I have also changed all the teams names :)

Any interest?

EDIT: I've also changed everyone in the leagues finances to the same

How about this.

You have your database, with the names of the clubs changed. Then you get 20 people to sign up each taking a club.

Each sign-upee then has to pick five players: 1 u17, 1 u20, 1 u23, 1 u30 and 1 30+. All the other players will then be signed by the club ( it would be much easier if you added the players to the clubs in the database first).

You then simulate the season and see who wins.

I haven't thought how to do it for a second season yet though.

Hi,

I haven't posted in this thread before, and I have never started my own sign-up, but i'm thinking about giving it a go.

I haven't scrolled through all 22 pages of this thread, and so I apologise in advance if this sort of thing has been mentioned previously.

Anyway, here goes.

I'm not sure if anyone is familiar with Dave.s sign-up 'A Trillionaires Playground'. In this thread the creation of and coming together of countries developed, and it has become part of the sign-up now. Anyway, my idea has been influenced by this.

What I am thinking of doing is creating maybe a 4 or 5 tier league system. Within these leagues will be football teams who are based in different countries (1 team per country), and then these countries will be grouped together according to global position to form collaborations.

The target for these collaborations is to, at somepoint in the future, become the most prominent region of the world in football, and dominate the top flight.

The collaborations will have countries (or football teams) in different leagues, and so the top flight teams will be looking to help out the lower league teams by sending them players on loan through a parent/feeder club link. (i'm not sure how this will work - but i'll come back to that)

The teams will be placed in different leagues based on reputations.

An example of the collaborations could be as follows:

The United Nations of South America (UNSA):

Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Peru, Columbia, Uruguay, Paraguay....

The United Nations of North and Central America (UNNCA):

Canada, USA, Costa Rica, Honduras, Jamaica, Cuba....

Then the other regions of the world will also be represented.

I think using a no player database is probably best, and then scaling facilities down to suit the league the team is in i.e. top flight teams having the best facilities (probably not perfect though), and then as you move down the league they get progressively lower.

I probably have missed out a few things, but this idea has literally just come to my mind. Please point out the faults, and areas in which this could be improved (which there is probably many), and I hope this gets interest, and one day soon gets going :D

Thanks for listening :thup:

I have a silly idea for an experiment that might have been suggested before:

What if we took the english league system and put it upside down? Take the premiership and championship clubs and put them into the regional leagues, league 1 and 2 into Blue Square north/south, Blue Square Premier could kinda stay there already, blue square north/south into league 1 and 2 then and well all the regional league teams into the championship and premiership.

Just an early sketch up, im not sure of how many teams are in each league, but it strikes me as interesting to see how english football world would shape up in a matter of 10 seasons.

Waghlon: It's a very common format (relatively), and recently it was proposed that club threads join the CSE Forum. In that debate I argued that the new influx of users would result in a repetition of this experiment idea, and usually it would fail.

That meaning, it's a very likely experiment to fail simply because it's a good idea but its creator doesn't have the interest to keep it going. I also said that it would be excellent if somebody could run that for a significant period of time, i.e. successfully. If you believe you have the determination to see it to the end then you should go for it.

just a small update to my idea a couple of posts up:

Its going to be a 4 tier system, but I am not sure of which leagues to replace.

I'm thinking of setting the reputation of the top league to be that of the English Premier League, and incrementally lower it down the divisions. As for the club reputations, I am undecided on wether to stick with the country reputations, or have the reputations to be set to that of the best clubs in the world for the clubs in the top league, and decrease down the leagues. Anther option would be to have the coallitions start with a 'Reputation points'. This reputation points will be a figure from which the members of the coalition come to an agreement of how to spread the reputation between them to hopefully have the best affect.

Another issue I am having currently is how many teams to have. A 4 tier league system with 10 clubs per league will mean 40 sign-upees. This sounds like a lot. Can anyone shed any light onto this as to wether it will work or not?

EDIT: Also, staying with the 'reputation points' theme, a similar system may be introduced for things such as starting budget, stadium capacity etc...

Also, for example, if I replaced the English leagues down to league two, and put 10 teams in each, would teams get relegated from the bottom league, and then other teams come up?

rancer: Ok lads. I have an idea! It's MLS related!!!

SI Community: Oh no, rancer is ramming MLS down our throats!! Pesky North Americans!!

rancer: you have no choice! :p

---

Anyways my idea:

Name: TBD

Concept: Traveling across North America, and managing every single MLS team playable in the 2008 MLS season to glory. You must win every trophy possible (except maybe the Club World Championship...even the MLS expert is struggling with that.. :o)

And congratulations once you're finished your tour. But you're not done yet! You must take a Caribbean team below 100th in the World Rankings once you're finished your North American tour to the World Cup and win with them!

Setup

• only MLS is allowed, you can't defect to Europe! :p
  • load other nations: Canada, US, and as many Caribbean nations as you want (preferably all Caribbean nations if possible). BUT NO MEXICO!!!

Other Rules

• you can manage club and country if you wish
  • you cannot manage your country until you completed the club portion of the challenge however
  • if you cannot get a national team job, you must retire your manager and holiday for 5 years, and then you will be allow to manage the national team with the lowest ranking.

Any suggestions/additions about this? (outside of not releasing this challenge lol)

rancer: Ok lads. I have an idea! It's MLS related!!!

SI Community: Oh no, rancer is ramming MLS down our throats!! Pesky North Americans!!

rancer: you have no choice! :p

---

Anyways my idea:

Name: TBD

Concept: Traveling across North America, and managing every single MLS team playable in the 2008 MLS season to glory. You must win every trophy possible (except maybe the Club World Championship...even the MLS expert is struggling with that.. :o)

And congratulations once you're finished your tour. But you're not done yet! You must take a Caribbean team below 100th in the World Rankings once you're finished your North American tour to the World Cup and win with them!

Setup

• load other nations: Canada, US, and as many Caribbean nations as you want (preferably all Caribbean nations if possible). BUT NO MEXICO!!!

Other Rules

• you cannot manage your country until you completed the club portion of the challenge however
  • if you cannot get a national team job, you must retire your manager and holiday for 5 years, and then you will be allow to manage the national team with the lowest ranking.

Any suggestions/additions about this? (outside of not releasing this challenge lol)

It seems a good idea but what is wrong with Mexico? ;)

It seems a good idea but what is wrong with Mexico? ;)

I had a bad experience with a Mexican Jumping Bean. :D :D

In all seriousness, I'm not too fond of Mexico. Mainly because they have their own league that's playable in FM. Mexican regens will still pop up for sure though even without Mexico being loaded. Would you want Mexico?

I guess consider it the forgotten country in North America. ;)

Then I suggest trying it out once I sort the specifics of my challenge. :D

I'm surprised you haven't tried a challenge in the A-League.

Haha I'm not going to waste my time, the best challenge I could set would be to get rid of it.

Saying that Robbie Fowler is on his way next season so they're definately still going for the "has-been trying to get a few more years out of his career" angle which is nice :D

Not that the MLS is a lot better ;)

EDIT: If you go ahead with that challenge you're probably gonna need to explain the whole draft thing in the OP ;)

Ah, looks nice the reaction thus far was better than I thought. ;)

MeLikeFM, a great team to support. GO TFC! :D

I hope to put this idea up this week after I get a biology test out of the way. (Barring any objections on whether to allow a Mexican invasion to MLS ;))

any MLS challenge would be so much better if it was incorporated into the Scottish/English Leagues. Scottish being the easiest due to the lack of American teams. Just a little input from myself because the MLS is to confusing for myself.

Not a bad idea actually (got me an idea thinking how MLS teams can compete in a European league like Scotland, but that's a discussion for another day ;))

I want to stick with the Drafts, and the roster restrictions, which is why I don't want to switch leagues for this challenge.

Not a bad idea actually (got me an idea thinking how MLS teams can compete in a European league like Scotland, but that's a discussion for another day ;))

I want to stick with the Drafts, and the roster restrictions, which is why I don't want to switch leagues for this challenge.

fair enough, would be interesting if you ever got round to making an 'American Scotland' though. :thup:

fair enough, would be interesting if you ever got round to making an 'American Scotland' though. :thup:

Ah, I got no time, with two active (soon to be 3) challenges, and a signup that I seriously need to update (but so busy these days with school, and slightly demotivated by roberto's departure :().

Hope someone tries the 'American Scotland' idea out. :)

Pfft. Some people can manage time. I spend much to long on the forums, and I still got a nerdish set of exam results.

Hello new nerdy friend. ;)

Everyone's different I suppose...just hope roberto comes back, and stays. :D

What's your take on my MLS idea?

Pfft. Some people can manage time. I spend much to long on the forums, and I still got a nerdish set of exam results.

Exactly the same :cool:

I quite like your idea rancer. Just trying to understand it. So we will have eventually won every cup with every MLS team?

Exactly the same :cool:

I quite like your idea rancer. Just trying to understand it. So we will have eventually won every cup with every MLS team?

Yes, all 14 of them. :)

The reason why I say every single team because imo it's not hard to win the league...with all the parity and such.

Name: rancer890's FM09 MLS North American Challenge

Aim: To achieve success across North America, managing all 14 MLS teams playable in FM09 to domestic glory. Once you have completed this, you are to guide a national team in the CONCACAF region below 100th in the FIFA rankings and lead them to the World Cup, and eventually win it.

All the teams in MLS (playable in FM09, which means no Seattle Sounders FC)

MLS Teams

Chicago Fire
Chivas USA
Colorado Rapids
Columbus Crew
DC United
FC Dallas
Houston Dynamo
Kansas City Wizards
LA Galaxy
New England Revolution
New York Red Bulls
Real Salt Lake
San Jose Earthquakes
Toronto FC

International Countries Eligible (you don't have to load all of them of course...)

Anguilla
Antigua and Barbuda
Aruba
Bahamas
Barbados
Belize
Bermuda
British Virgin Islands
Cayman Islands
Costa Rica
Cuba
Dominica
Dominican Republic
El Salvador
French Guyana
Grenada
Guadeloupe
Guatemala
Guyana
Haiti
Honduras
Jamaica
Martinique
Montserrat
Netherland Antilles
Nicaragua
Panama
Puerto Rico
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Lucia
Saint Vincent and the Grenaldines
Suriname
Trinidad and Tobago
Turks and Caicos Islands
US Virgin Islands

The Trophies

• MLS Cup
  • Supporters Shield
  • US Open Cup (except Toronto FC of course)
  • SuperLiga
  • Pan-Pacific Championship
  • Canadian Championship (Toronto FC only)
  • CONCACAF Champions League
  • Club World Championship (you don't have to win this with every team, but you must win it to complete the club portion of this challenge)

Setup

• load other nations: Canada, US, and as many Caribbean nations as you want

Other Rules

Scouting Guidelines

You can only sign players that you are able to scout or trial at the club first, so in short the player must have the 'Get scout report' button on his profile screen. The one exception to this is when you ask a current squad member to recommend a new signing, It is then ok to sign him as the player who recommended him knows of him anyway.

No external utilities such as FMScout should be used and the database should be un-edited. Should SI release a data update, this would be allowed. It is advised that people should update using the latest patches as they are released.

Rules for this Thread

Player naming is allowed. (This is a warning for those of you who do not wish to see this)

Discussion on tactics is allowed. (This is another warning for those of you who do not wish to see this)

Screenshots for anything are encouraged.

Post a screenshot here when you start this challenge.

Progress of your club should be documented using this thread. We want to hear the story of your club all the way through (success and failure), So please keep us updated, even if you are doing really badly.

At the end of every season, could everyone post some kind of season review, including the minimum of a screenshot of the league table. If you give this a title in bold it makes it a bit easier for others to pick out.

How to Post a Screenshot

1. While in FM, press the 'Prt Sc' button (usually next to F12 on your keyboard).

2. Open an image editing program such as Paint and paste the image

3. Save the file as a JPEG

4. Upload the image to an image hosting website such as Photobucket or Imageshack

5. Post the direct Url to the image here.

---

Anything else some of you might want to add?

Blanco: Honesty, I won everything club-wise with TFC except the Club World Championship in 3 years. So I thought of maybe making it harder. :D

I look at the other challenges, and they take forever. So I decided on winning with every team...

And I don't think you can get bored of winning. Not me anyways. :D

minisav: sorry mate. Sad to see it's way down the pecking order though. :(

PluckaDuck: I don't mind expanding TFC's fanbase on the forums at all. :D