Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mikeytwigge

yeah i think that the case minisav has is the only case where reserving a spot is fair if you came up with the original sign up

The New Europe

So I have been developing on this idea slowly, it is taking time, I realised what my database error was I had no 'scottish' teams in "A Lower Division" so this was causing issues when it tried to make the scottish cup...so I believe I have fixed the problem. I am working on the idea slowly and building it out.

The Leagues

USSR - This will include all the former soviet republics

UK - Scotland, N. Ireland, Wales and England United

East Germany - Will take the longest seperating who is east and west

West Germany - As above

Yugoslavia - Joining these nations together as well

Czechoslovakia - Recombining these two as well

Basque - All the Basque Spanish teams shall have their own league (34 teams will replace Slovakia I believe)

Now this is leaving me with an issue that I have a large number of nations that now will not exist, but I am trying to figure out how it is best to fix this up. One of the ideas was to remove the nations from the database, but I think this might cause more problems. If anyone has an idea or can think of some more splits I could make this would be great, otherwise I will come up with something, it might just take a while longer to achieve it.

The Teams Placement

I was originally going to do this purely on team reputation, but for example in the UK this would mean the Premiership has 18 English teams and 2 Scottish Teams, and Wales top team is only in the BSP level. So I am going to do it on a population ratio as well as Reputation. EG. The Premiership would have 16 English Teams, 2 Scottish Teams, 1 Welsh Team & 1 N. Irish Team. And this ratio would continue down through the leagues. I will follow a similar basis when doing the USSR League as it will make the balance fairer and also sort it so that there are teams from all the nations within every level, even if within a few seasons this will change.

Help I need

1. Research - West vs East Germany Clubs & towns.

2. More possible country split ups. eg Turkey?

3. How to split the German Players & Spanish players properly.

4. Any help at all in a way to make a mass edit, eg. Being able to change all players with Scottish Nationality to United Kingdom easily.

If anyone can think of anything else that would be a great help as well.

How far back you going for these split ups.

There was Austria-Hungary circa WW1. They had some of the Balkans at some point iirc.

If you go back further then UK could become British Empire ;)

I did think about Austria-Hungary, but decided against it in the end, I think now I want to find more nations to use not less, as that one and British Empire would both create the issue of having less nations, and giving me more gaps throughout the database. I want to get an entire nation clear of anything, people included and see what happens. I may just remove a nation from the database and see what happens.

you could do a Scandanavian (sp) league?

if you did i'd be willing to sort out reputation & population etc, and which clubs should go in each division if you wanted?

A Scandanavian League actually sounds like a great idea as well. But still falls into the problem of reducing nations.

I will happily help with researching east and west germany clubs.

Do you want me to compile an excel sheet with teams from each region with their reputation?

Yes please Corintiano that would be awesome and exactly what I would need for those leagues.

Alright. British Empire would only change them surely? Like Australia would just become Britain. Would mean more effort though.

I may be misunderstanding you so you may want to ignore.

I think it is a misunderstanding. Currently I am moving all Scottish Players to what used to be the English Nationality, now it is UK Nationality. So my problem is developing from what happens to the old 'Scottish' Nationality and what issues it is going to cause in the database in regards to the number of teams in the Champions League, how European Competitions will be done and other issues similar. I am just unsure on whether it is possible to remove Nationalitys from the database all together especially seen as it will cause issues in international type fixtures. So hoping i can find a way to fill the missing ones. Splitting Cyprus is another idea that has passed through my head ;)

I may be completely off track but perhaps a Portguese or French Empire, where all the clubs from the former colonies of those countries could be included. Would mean that some African clubs etc could get into some of these leagues. Of course I may be missing the point completely!

I think the biggest problem I am going to face is Nationalitys. Making all these leagues is no trouble at all, infact its almost easy. I think what I may need to do is to just leave teams & Players with their current nationalitys which does mean that disappointgly there would be no International game between USSR & UK, but it will prevent the causing of having to remove nationalities from the database...

Would make it interesting, but I found this article on separatism throughout Europe, not sure how manageable it would be, but it would at least be possible to just add the nationalities in to fill the current blank ones ;) Giving the teams the same ranking pts etc as their current national side. And possibly giving them some of the clubs in their regions. That combined with the large Leagues would almost be perfect. Today is Challenge day, tomorrow I will be back to Database :)

That was another one I thought of. Someone in the editors forum has also suggested to me some of the smaller countries in Europe and giving them their own leagues and nation set-up. I am getting plenty of ideaws, I jsut know its a huge mission, so aim is before the end of January to ahve built the database and have run 5 or so trial games to make sure it works in all the necessary places.

Transylvania also wanna split from Romania so that could be fun :p

That was my thought on it Spartans, as for the others some of them will not have leagues at all, but just creating the nations so there are no gaps in the database basically. The aim being to have all the European and Asian nations filled even if it is with a province 'breaking away' and their teams continue to play in the main leagues. For example say I take Transylvania out, they would become their own nation with players, but continue to play in Romania, or Vatican City as a nation in the game could be fun, but they would have a club team in the Italian league.

It is not going to be a new Erope, but a new world! :D

Just wanted to let you know I have spearated 60% of the German into East and West teams in my excel spreadsheet, teams with a rep of 1000 and below are to be done, should have it finished tomorrow evening/night (english time).

It is not going to be a new Erope, but a new world! :D

Just wanted to let you know I have spearated 60% of the German into East and West teams in my excel spreadsheet, teams with a rep of 1000 and below are to be done, should have it finished tomorrow evening/night (english time).

Ahem, I took first dibs on a new world ;)

You lads can take the old world one though. :p

Well Pluck compiling a list of all the USSR teams and their respective Reputations could help, otherwise you could check out some of the smaller nations and report back to me on which ones seem to have enough clubs to fill a league, probably 2 level leagues so need 50+ clubs or there abouts.

Research List that needs doing if anyone can help

1. USSR - A full list of clubs from Russia, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan & Tajikistan. (Thanks Pluckaduck)

2. Catalonia/Basque - A full list of clubs with reputation, giving an idea of what size league they can fill.

3. Czechoslovakia - Club list with Reputations. Slovakia & Czech Rep.

4. Yugoslavia - Club List, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Croatia, Serbia, Macedonia, Montenegro & Slovenia.

5. Provincal Splits - Research of any parts of nations that want to seperate and how many clubs they would have, whether they can fill their own league or would be part of another.

6. China - Would a provincial Split of China be possible?

7. East/West Germany - Split it out (Thanks a heap Corinthiano)

I think those are the major research projects I need right now. Hopefully by this time 2moro I have moved around all the major nations and have a database test running to tell me that it is working how I intend it too. (This test will have nations labelled "Nation 1" etc as I don't know all the spots yet.)

At may take forever to compile the entire list, But I'm willing to. I just though of possibly an easier idea, what if I take a screenshot of a list of the teams next to their reputations in the database. If not that's alright, I just though it may make it easier and it won't take hours to write up.

Guest roberto922

Rancer - I ws just bout to start on C - D :D Do you want me to take over at M and then finish it from there? THat's basically halfway through the alphabet and saves us from uploading a load of times

Thats a good call Minisav...

Currently Distracted from my Editing as AD Fafe are attempting to Qualify for the Euro Cup. After finishing 8th in the Portuguese Liga Sagres in 2016/17, we hadn't qualified til the Sporting Play Draw came up with Portugal in the selection and as the four teams with less cards had qualified we were in, I have managed to win the first three qualifying stages, so only one left. After I complete that I should be back to editing.

New United Kingdom Leagues - A sneak peek

I have been working on organising these teams this morning and here is a sneak peek at the playable Leagues + Those that will be promoted if you holiday.

UK Premier League

Man Utd

Chelsea

Arsenal

Liverpool

Tottenham

Everton

Man City

Newcastle

Aston Villa

West Ham

Portsmouth

Blackburn

Middlesbrough

Bolton

Sunderland

Fulham

Rangers

Celtic

Linfield

Llanelli

UK Championship

Wigan

West Brom

Stoke

Birmingham

Reading

Charlton

Hull

Wolves

Sheff Utd

Crystal Palace

Ipswich

Derby

Q.P.R.

Watford

Norwich

Aberdeen

Dundee Utd

Hibernian

Hearts

Motherwell

Falkirk

Kilmarnock

Glentoran

TNS

UK League 1

Leeds

Cardiff

Southampton

St. Mirren

Inverness CT

Sheff Wed

Nottm Forest

Preston

Bristol City

Leicester

Dundee

Coventry

Dunfermline

Plymouth

Hamilton

St. Johnstone

Swansea

Barnsley

Burnley

Doncaster

Blackpool

Partick Thistle

Cliftonville

Rhyl

UK League 2

Carlisle

Queen of Sth

Morton

Huddersfield

Livingston

Luton

Colchester

Scunthorpe

Millwall

Brighton

Tranmere

Southend

Oldham

Walsall

Crewe

Airdrie Utd

Swindon

Clyde

Gilingham

Peterborough

MK Dons

Yeovil

Portadown

Bangor City

Blue Square Prem

Bristol Rovers

Bradford

Northampton

Hartlepool

Rotherham

Ross County

Port Vale

Stirling

Leyton Orient

Bournemouth

Brentford

Stockport

Raith

Wycombe

Cheltenham

Chesterfield

Rochdale

Notss Co

Lincoln

Darlington

Wrexham

Grimsby

Distillery

Welshpool

Blue Square South

Brechin

Shrewsbury

Peterhead

Oxford

Mansfield

Barnet

East Fife

Cambridge

Ayr

Berwick

Cowdenbeath

York

Rushden

Stevenage

Dumbarton

Annan

Elgin

Ebbsfleet

Woking

Stenhousemuir

Ballymena Utd

Aberystwyth

Blue Square North

Alloa

Bury

Queens Park

Hereford

Chester

Nacckesfiekd

Accrington

Exeter

Morecombe

Dag & red

Torquay

Stranraer

Aldershot

Forfar

Kidderminster

Burton

Forest Green

East Stirlingshire

Albion Rovers

Crawley

Dungannon

Carmarthen

Ispwich

Montrose

Altrincham

Linlithgow Rose

Nuneaton

Tayport

Lewes

Coleraine*

Havant & W

Salisbury

Glenavon

Lochee Utd

Fraserburgh

Arthurlie

Chelmsford

Bangor*

Harrogate

Institute*

Newtown**

Maidenhead

Fleetwood

Bath

Northwich

Northern

Kettering

Bathgate Thistle

Southport

Carnoustie

Eastbourne Boro

Crusaders*

Girvan

Spartans

Lossiemouth

Cutler

Preston Athletic

Rothes

Whitburn

Team Bath

Bellshill

Farsley

Beith

Eastleigh

Hayes & Yeading

Comnock

Connah's Quay**

Histon

Southern

Barrow

Stafford

Bonnyrigg Rose Ath

Pollok

Clydebank

AFC Telford

Drolsden

Cove Rangers

Newry*

Buckie Thistle

AFC Wimbledon

Ketty Hearts

Camelon

Boston Utd

Port Talbot**

Stalybridge

Auchinleck

Bromley

Hampton & Richmond

Workington

Grays

Weymouth

The astericks are just my check to make sure every division had a team from N. Ireland and Wales. Hope you like the looks of them. I sorted completely by Reputation and also eg. Leeds was not allowed above their current level. From there I just worked down the list making sure every division had 2 Scottish Teams, 1 Northern Irish Team & 1 Welsh Team (This was based on population figures from last census) And hence here is what we have.

Thanks Corinthiano :)

And Cardio I will try to explain how I sorted the clubs. I started by working out the % of the population in each of the 4 areas, and then multiplied it by 20 (rough number of clubs in each league), this showed that Wales should have 1 team, NI 1 team & Scotland 2 teams, so I made this the minimum number of clubs for each of them. England would dominate so no minimum for them.

I then sorted the entire list by Reputation and started down from the top leaving the 4 spaces open at the bottom for Scotland, NI & Wales. If one of their teams was at the level they took the spot. If there was more teams than the minimum that was great, but if they didn't have a team when the league was finished I found the next highest rep club for that nation and they moved up a league or so.

And thats how the list was compiled from top to bottom. Just working through level 9 now. 14 Leagues with 280 Clubs. And then it is actually putting this info into the database.