Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

For those of you who were upset about the recent deletion of the off topic thread, I've created 'The CSE Forum Group'

This could be used as an alternative to the off topic thread to keep in touch and discuss unrelated matters.

You can find it via my profile if you want to join.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe, a bit confused, can you give me some more details please mate?

The basic idea is from this thread. There would be 17 spaces, and each player would create clubs, kits, chairman and favorite people, and select players and managers. The clubs would have equal budgets, reputations, training and youth. I would then holiday through the seasons and give reports.

I was thinking of an idea that came from what a few forum members were talking about earlier in the week about taking your supported club from the bottom back to the top.

I was thinking (probably for 09 as there are so many challenges that still need completing) if anyone would be interested in this only with a little twist, for example if your supported club were arsenal you'd delete arsenal completely and recreate Arsenal FC or something like that this would mean you can create the clubs history from scratch, but, heres the twist what you would have the option of doing to stop it just being a club from scratch challenge is you could pick something like to keep their finances or reputation or a player of the original club from each position. Maybe if it was finances or rep it could be toned down abit to stop it being too easy, this would have the added effect of finding out what could be considered most important for success.

Please give any critisism and say whether you would be interested as maybe a side challenge to your current challenge your attempting or for 09. Bear in mind if there is enough interest in starting this i could well start it as soon as possible.

Constructive critisism is very welcome and also ideas to add onto this.

Guest roberto922

I'd love a league where all the prem teams are deleted, then the top 4 don't exist and I can rebuild Everton KEIOC (Which is what I'd call it) up to the top where they truly belong. Maybe have the choice of keeping a couple of your youth players of your choice and a reserve player of League 1 ability maximum?

Guest roberto922

In fact I might do that, I feel that anyone that only knows football from the Sky era has really missed out (that includes myself) so for the English top flight to return to it's previous state. Wanna do it together Mocko666? I certainly can't do it on my own atm because I'm wrapped up in my CSE Euros challenge and the 20/20.

Guest roberto922

Sorry for triple post

I'm gonna do it alone to test it out if thats Ok Mocko? Just do it with Everton

Im not sure about all the prem teams being deleted maybe levelling them out with money and rep etc.....

But the challenge would be to rebuild your club back to the top, what do you think about maybe keeping some finances OR reputation and depleting the one you choose not to keep. Sort of like how Wimbledon became MK Dons and had to rebuild.

Guest roberto922

nah it's too easy, I'm gonna do Everton KEIOC (could come true in the next few years) give it a rep of 2000, a new stadium with a capacity of 6000, set Kirkby United (As I will rename Everton FC) to move to the TescoDrome in 2011, set Everton KEIOC to move to Goodison in 2011, give them a reasonable financial status of about 1-3 million EDIT: And put them in the BSS obviously

Guest mikeytwigge

how about instead of deleting them you set up teams in the bsn and bss with slightly higher rep than normal and have them for all the premiership teams eg afc derby and afc fulham ect. The challenge could be to lift your team above the original.

Guest mikeytwigge

just seen the everton one which is basically the same as my idea accept you do it for all the premiership clubs at the same time

Tempted to create a database with all prem clubs in blue square premier only each prem club would start with something different for example a star player of 150 CA or a young player with 200 PA etc.... or big stadium, or high rep etc......

I would then upload the database and you could take on one of the challenges of trying to overtake the original club.

The original club does not need to be deleted however i was thinking whatever happens to the new club e.g large stadium, the opposite could happen to the original prem club e.g reduce stadium size.

All comments welcome

How about that AFC for every team in the premiership thing, BUT its a sign up first come first serve so you pick which team you wanna be, you get to pick 3 good players (in an age range or whatever) and then the manager of each of the actual premier league teams becomes the manager of the AFC team. It'd be.. interesting xD

Guest roberto922
:) I'm not too happy either but I've already poached Evertons youngsters so it was the RS or Tranmere as a parent club

Me and Robert are trying to come up with an idea for a sign up which would involve both of us being able to do updates at the same time. We are struggling to come up with any original ideas though and could do with some help.

So what I would like to know is what you guys would like to see in a sign up?

Would it involve clubs or players or both?

Your thought please. :)

I think you could have like a nation sort of thing, say you do a 'Take a Crap European Nation to Glory' one of you takes Andorra, the other San Marino. Then changes names etc, and have the people sign up to be from either country, and have it so the country which (in seperate holiday games) wins the World Cup and European Championships first?

Just an idea :D

How about a 'parallel universe' sign-up? You collect the information for 20 or however many players and start a game with the exact same database and set-up and see how the games pan out differently. When my first attempt at my sign-up crashed and I re-started, it got me thinking that the AI throws up different things in each game that have an effect on player's careers/ the fortunes of a club. It could be interesting to compare how the players fare in two different games on different computers. If you two then sync your updates so there are more or less at the smae point, it could make for some interesting reading.

How about a 'parallel universe' sign-up? You collect the information for 20 or however many players and start a game with the exact same database and set-up and see how the games pan out differently. When my first attempt at my sign-up crashed and I re-started, it got me thinking that the AI throws up different things in each game that have an effect on player's careers/ the fortunes of a club. It could be interesting to compare how the players fare in two different games on different computers. If you two then sync your updates so there are more or less at the smae point, it could make for some interesting reading.

That's sounds like a great idea, would certainly be intertesting to read.

I thought about it as an experiment a while back but I figured it would be a lot of work for one person. If two people (Ridleys and Robert 296 maybe or two others) each run one game with the same data and settings, it's feasible. The two running the thread could state some aims for which direction the club (if there's a club) will take and what will happen to the players. There's also the chance for some banter between them as they try to outdo each other as well.

I was thinking of doing something sort of similar to this. Except it will be international management instead.

I was going to holiday until whenever the Euro Championships are being drawn and then getting 16 (15 depending on Germany situation) people to sign up for 1 of the nations and each of them fight it out for Euro Championship glory.

Would be interested to know what you think and if there are any questions i'd answer them for you