Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest roberto922

Yeah sure, how many levels should we go down? I was thinking just go down 3 levels and let everyone decide which level they start from, or would it be better to start from a set level?

Yeah sure, how many levels should we go down? I was thinking just go down 3 levels and let everyone decide which level they start from, or would it be better to start from a set level?

I think a choice would be good, but only down to a certain level, I don't think it is worth going down too far.

Whoever ends up setting up the edited version of dafuge's challenge, I'd suggest you like at using Super Bladesman's file (assuming he's happy for it to be used for it or isn't setting up his own challenge). He's been working on it during beta testing and it'll be released when FM 2010 is out on Friday. Will mean the challenge can be set up quickly and it should be accurate. As he's a mod and beta tester, I'd trust him to not sneak in anything unrealistic with the editor (e.g. add himself in a random county league club with 200 PA, or give a county league club a sugardaddy).

Since he's trying to make the most realistic and accurate English file, there's probably no point someone else doing the same work all over again, to just get the same result. He'd no doubt have had time to test it as he's worked on it. With all the rules to set up, and the way the game handles different things, it was never going to be something that can be done quickly with little testing.

He's talked about it in a few threads, here's one of them - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?p=3986437&highlight=England#post3986437

Guest roberto922

Yeah I was gonna post in here about it, I'd read about it in the OTF FM10 thread, it'd definitely be the best route forward imo

I'm planning to create a giant World League (depending on the new editor's capabilities), which once completed has the potential for various challenges/experiments. Eventually I might post this in here as a possible relatively small to big club challenge, as long as I'm not stepping on anyone else's toes in doing so.

It has the potential for you to take any club in the world (PC processor permitting) from relative unknowns to true World Champions.

Would people in the CSE forum be interested in something like this?

p.s. please note this is still in early planning stages at present, and is still a way off production. I have a thread in the Editor's Hideaway if you are interested in details, link below:

http://www.community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=158032

I was thinking of making a sign-up called the REAL CHAMPIONS LEAGUE - Who is the best at predictions?

I would create a league with the top teams (based on reputation) from around the world

The number of the clubs would depend on what the editor allows

Then everyone who wants would predict the scores from a league day and get points depending on their accuracy

Basically something like this only with all the best clubs in the world

Alright, here is what I was thinking for the sign-up that I want to create. Since I am unable to shift around the nation's continents, I am going to change a random Caribbean nation to a "CSE" Nation. I am going to create 3 leagues of at least 10 teams, (the actual number will depend on the interest, but I am hoping to get at least 30 teams), and each team will have a certain amount of money to buy players, I will provide screenshots of the values. All teams will also create 2 players for their team as a start to this nation. The leagues of this nation will hopefully be placed in Europe, and thus, get into the European Champions League, if that is impossible I will probably change Malta or another small European nation.

Thoughts?

I just don't understand what make this idea different from the similar things that are already running/have run.

it does sound similar to Robert_296's sign up, with the exception that there are potentially 3 divisions. I think when run well, the 'draft' sign up will work and be popular because it's exciting to pick players for a team of your own. I agree that it doesn't seem particularly different from other things already being run though.

Guest roberto922

player drafts are one of those things, like the fantasy league, where I think the effort isn't worth the reward, run properly they would be brilliant but it takes a ridculous amount of time and effort to make one of that size, whch afaic makes it completely impractical

it does sound similar to Robert_296's sign up, with the exception that there are potentially 3 divisions. I think when run well, the 'draft' sign up will work and be popular because it's exciting to pick players for a team of your own. I agree that it doesn't seem particularly different from other things already being run though.

To be quite frank though, I don't think having the same idea really matters.

I mean two of the most popular threads are Dafuge's and Gundo's challenges, which are almost identical.

To be quite frank though, I don't think having the same idea really matters.

I mean two of the most popular threads are Dafuge's and Gundo's challenges, which are almost identical.

If the quality of the sign up is good enough, then whether the idea has been done or not doesn't really matter like you said. Although it is always nice to see something new being done.

Its more of a combination of the "draft" type sign-up and the create a player and watch a new national team rise. The idea being teams will watch their club rise in the domestic league, their individual players excel for the national team, the national team excel on the international stage, and maybe their youth players become world beaters.

I was thinking more along the lines of GCB's current sign-up.

There isn't a problem in having the same idea, it's just that the potential rewards are limited moreso because it's a used and possibly overused format.

Ok, despite the fact last seasons version of the "Real London CSE" challenge flopped hard, would anyone be up for it in FM10? Added bonus being, you would start in the Lowest possible league (Level 10).

I'd love to see this return, but I'm not sure if I'd find the time to play it properly, it depends how my current game goes.

Guest roberto922

It was just one of those signups where I thought it looked promising but then scrolled through the signup sheet and once I reached the bottom I just thought **** it :D

I have 11 achievements btw

I understand the sign-up sheet is long, and it will take time, but it doesn't need to be all done at once, in fact, it might even be easier for me if it isn't. But I think its the best way to make sure people will stay active, because it took a lot of work to do the sheet.

The Roy Hodgson Journeyman Challenge

This is my idea for a new challenge and I wanted to get some opinions on it. If there is enough interest, and people think it is a good enough idea, I will start this up.

Essentially, Roy has been one of our (England's) best managerial exports in the modern game, managing in six different countries and also managing three different national teams.

I would propose loading the following countries (number of leagues from each to be decided but two top from each would probably suffice):

Sweden

Denmark

Norway

Switzerland

Italy

England

Plus loading in all players from U.A.E. and Finland (Hodgson managed their national sides).

I would not prescribe a career pathway or even what clubs should be managed, as I feel that would be limiting. I would only suggest that individuals start their managerial career as an unemployed manager with automatic reputation. Then, the challenge would be to win a major domestic trophy in each country (i.e. either the league or the domestic cup) before moving on to another country. You would, essentially, tick off each country (e.g. I win the Swedish title, so therefore I can tick off the Swedish leg of the challenge and move on to one of the other countries). In several cases, the manager might start out in the second division of the league and have to work his/her way up to the top flight by building up their team or jumping ship to another team in the same country. I also propose an international 'leg' of this challenge, where the manager must win something with one of the national teams of the six nations or Finland/U.A.E.

To sum up, there would be seven legs of the Hodgson journeyman career challenge:

Sweden - win league or main domestic cup

Denmark - win league or main domestic cup

Norway - win league or main domestic cup

Switzerland - win league or main domestic cup

Italy - win league or main domestic cup

England - win league or main domestic cup

International - win a tournament with Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Switzerland, Italy, England, U.A.E. or Finland.

Haven't finalised the format just yet but but something along those lines.

Perhaps even a 'Europe' level, involving winning the Europa or the Champions League as well?

Any thoughts on this idea chaps?

Regards,

C.

I understand the sign-up sheet is long, and it will take time, but it doesn't need to be all done at once, in fact, it might even be easier for me if it isn't. But I think its the best way to make sure people will stay active, because it took a lot of work to do the sheet.

Gah, blummin' 'eck. Tell me about it :D

I have a new challenge idea as computers getting better and better. Starting with at least 51-117 (if no editor used) or more can person handle (until all 208 nations) if they can use them. With all database (nearly 293000) Allowing them starting "sunday league footballer" (Automatic is %100 Forbidden) and unemployed... Startable day is earliest day of FM 2010 (Malaysia 2008 November / though I didn'T test exact starting day of laos). Moving between team to team allowed but no resigning allowed... You can move only get offer or sacked... National job is allowed (also u21-u19 jobs) challenge has few parts "putting your team in top league" "move to top league" "first appearence in a international club competition" "winning the club comps" "working all continents" "putting a small nation to continental nations competition" going to world cup and more ............... Probably the name is "Unemployed in the full world"