Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

i think the What if.. challenges are kinda based on that

they're not really, most of the ones I saw were fairly unrealistic scenarios. Not like the classic 'you have 4 games to save a team from relegation' or 'you have 6 games to rescue a Champions League spot for so and so' etc.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From my posts a little further up about teams with all the players beginning with one letter

, I managed to make decent teams with every letter except O,Q,U,W,X,Y, Z

which I was pretty surpirsed with.

So I'll think I'll take out the weakest three teams, and when it comes to draw time, the person who has the missfits, will get drawn 5 out of the 10 letters.

fwiw I still have the data of the last season of last years Northern Monkeys, if anyone was going to create an ultimate Monkeys vs Softies database/sign up/challenge etc

Interesting...I'm reasonably sure I have the Softies final save position if anyone is interested in this. Think it would interesting to throw them into the 'real' premiership together to see who comes out on top. Top 2 positions for both wouldn't be impossible.

In terms of a challenge, once they're in there, you could try and overtake them with the 'new' monkeys/softies.

Interesting...I'm reasonably sure I have the Softies final save position if anyone is interested in this. Think it would interesting to throw them into the 'real' premiership together to see who comes out on top. Top 2 positions for both wouldn't be impossible.

In terms of a challenge, once they're in there, you could try and overtake them with the 'new' monkeys/softies.

would be especially interesting if we ended up with a - FM09 Softies vs FM09 Monkeys vs FM08 Softies vs FM08 Monkeys :cool:

they're not really, most of the ones I saw were fairly unrealistic scenarios. Not like the classic 'you have 4 games to save a team from relegation' or 'you have 6 games to rescue a Champions League spot for so and so' etc.

Good point :thup:

I am considering doing them in the summer but we will have to gauge interest and see what people think then.

Experiment idea- hope for an obscure nations

I give all the domestic clubs of one obscure nation top training/youth facilities in a hope that great regens are produced. Then hopefully they will win a major competition. Opinions please.

I give all the domestic clubs of one obscure nation top training/youth facilities in a hope that great regens are produced. Then hopefully they will win a major competition. Opinions please.

Doesnt this happen anyway e.g. when red star won the champions league? Or are you going to give them better players too

It's quite clear that you're not spending enough time on your current sign up, surely starting any new ideas will mean you spend even less time on it?

I know mate just an idea. What nation would be good to use?

You seem to say that quite a lot too. Your eBay sign-up was just an idea wasn't it, but then got started anyway? Its probably better bringing this idea up when you're actually about to start the experiment. I may be wrong though.

You seem to say that quite a lot too. Your eBay sign-up was just an idea wasn't it, but then got started anyway? Its probably better bringing this idea up when you're actually about to start the experiment. I may be wrong though.

Your not wrong :D

Pnefc, isn't that short challenges? If so, WolvesBestEvaManaga made one recently.

Call me Rob :thup:

Yes, they are quite short challenges.

I haven't read his thread yet but will have a look now and then, come back and comment.

EDIT: Yes, his does look quite like what I was thinking of. I will see how his goes and participate probably. I will put this idea off then, if it is already being done :thup:

his ones are the ones previously discussed about being 'fairly unrealistic' and not the sort that you meant.

No, you have got mixed up I think. I just looked and they are different.

WolvesBestEvaManager's are half-season challenges or less or more set on a certain thing.

The first short challenge is to get Chelsea the highest balance possible by the 30th of August.

Wheras the What If... challenge series is to do with what would have happened if Man U went bust or something.

No, you have got mixed up I think. I just looked and they are different.

WolvesBestEvaManager's are half-season challenges or less or more set on a certain thing.

The first short challenge is to get Chelsea the highest balance possible by the 30th of August.

Wheras the What If... challenge series is to do with what would have happened if Man U went bust or something.

oh, I think I've seen both and got confused to. Never mind :D

Have never run a sign up and would love to try one. Am struggling for an idea though. Anyone got a good idea that they aren't going to use that I could run with?

Here's an idea I had a while ago that still hasn't been used:

Sign-Up Idea

This is one that I've been wanting to do, but just couldn't because I've always had a game on the go.

It's based on the Murder Mystery Party idea. The setup is based on the usual sign ups, where every player chooses positions, attributes etc. but the creator comes up with a list of distinct personalities for the players, which are assigned via e-mail. These could based on things like 'thinks he is far too good for the team' to 'is having an affair with the GK's wife'. It would be up to the people taking part to drop subtle enough hints throughout the thread so that others could guess which personality belongs to them. Obviously the list (or a brief rundown of them) would need to be posted at the start, so that people could try to guess which people have which people have which personalities. The winner could be the first person to e-mail the creator with the correct list, with a maximum of say three guesses.

I think this could create an incredibly interesting thread to read and it could encourage people to be a lot more creative with what they contribute to the sign-up threads. It could create far more of a story, rather than just an update on a team, with far more people contributing to the thread.

It would require a lot of work, creativity and imagination, along with a group of people willing to put a fair bit of effort in. It could be great, then again it could be awful.

Gready Chip Butty - I was thinking of one where all of the English players play in the area in which they were born.

i.e. Gareth Barry was born in Hastings. So therefore would join Kent.

Wayne Rooney was borin in Liverpool. So therefore would join Merseyside FC or something. A bit like an idea thats running at the moments (The IPL) except it's less dream team and more factual.

Guest roberto922

My apologies for not seeing the bit where it says it's counties only (which I still can't see) but yeah I think Dafuges challenge would be alot easier for you

Don't get too far ahead of yourself, months to go yet ;)

It's hard not to! I'm brainstorming some ideas, and maybe making the Canadian national team the best in the world. ;)

I'm playing a career game with Canada atm, and I'm 40th in the latest world rankings! :eek: (IRL we are 90 something)

And some other ideas as well. Maybe a fictional league...db with fake players...just blurting out ideas. :p

It's hard not to! I'm brainstorming some ideas, and maybe making the Canadian national team the best in the world. ;)

I'm playing a career game with Canada atm, and I'm 40th in the latest world rankings! :eek: (IRL we are 90 something)

And some other ideas as well. Maybe a fictional league...db with fake players...just blurting out ideas. :p

Btw rancer, Nakano joined Toronto in my sign-up test run. Here's hoping it happens again :thup:

I remember that 'Murder Mystery' idea Dafuge. It's a ripper!!!

Another idea for people struggling for an idea is to go back through the pages of the idea's thread. There are a stack of great idea's in here that have either never been utilised or not done properly. I know if I am ever stuck for an idea for a sign-up, I'll always go back through the opening pages of this thread where there reallly are a few crackers.Just remember to ask the person who originally came up with the idea.

I've always wanted to do a sign-up, and I figured now that I have my fixed laptop back, now would be the best time to do it.

Figured being that it would be my first, it would have to be pretty straightforward. If that goes well, then I would branch out into many other ideas.

One idea that I have liked is having forumers create a Brazilian player to go into the Brazilian lower leagues. I would do my best to get one from each position so we could effectively have a team. From there, I would follow the progress to a few World Cups time, where they would hopefully all be in the team to compete in it.

Any thoughts/advice?

I've always wanted to do a sign-up, and I figured now that I have my fixed laptop back, now would be the best time to do it.

Figured being that it would be my first, it would have to be pretty straightforward. If that goes well, then I would branch out into many other ideas.

One idea that I have liked is having forumers create a Brazilian player to go into the Brazilian lower leagues. I would do my best to get one from each position so we could effectively have a team. From there, I would follow the progress to a few World Cups time, where they would hopefully all be in the team to compete in it.

Any thoughts/advice?

if you have a relatively good understanding of the Brazilian leagues, go for it. If you don't, then I really really wouldn't recommend running it in a league that you aren't familiar with.

Can I just ask:

How do you insert an image into a post on here?

I don't mean a link to another URL. Like if I wanted to put the X-Factor logo on the top of my posting?

Go onto a website like Photobucket etc, search 'x factor logo' or whatever picture you want in the search bit (like if you were on Google image etc). Click on that picture, and you want to copy and paste the 'IMG CODE'.