Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Paul,

But I don't think that I am going to do it because I don't have FMRTE or Genie Scout.

I tried to download them for other experiments but they won't work.

The problem might well be that you do not have the right version of Microsoft .net framework installed, a lot of these editors, scouts etc need version 3.0 or 3.5, i dunno if you have tried this or not but that was the problem i had with them

I've never done a sign up before and have had an idea but wanted some advise.

How much time does it take to to the write ups and information, I want a lot of information to feed back to those doing it and also those viewing the thread, would an hour a day cut it?

Anyway onto the idea.

Father and Son Premier League.

The sign up will be for 20 people all taking one of the Premiership clubs. The singupee will the be 'Father' and manager with the usual three managerial styles etc...

The son would be a 16 year old at the club, with both each others favoured personal (i.e. Brian and Nigel Clough etc...)

All stats would be randomised out of 20 meaning some will be good some bad, some might have great stats for some skills, but terrible stats completing them.

So not only is it the fortunes of the managers career but also the sons, how good can he get, will he be carted off by his dad?

Also what is a good CA and PA for the 'sons'.

Thanks

Oh yeah and anyone know a good free image hosting sight?

Guest mikeytwigge

its not advisable to have more than one sign up as they can take a while to update especially if your doing it properly with screen shots and everything.

These sort of questions should be asked in the ideas thread

History

James James and John Smith have been great freinds and great enemies since primary school all the way

through to University. After University they both became very succesful and very rich and with this they

both created an English football club. James James called him James United Football Club and John

Smith called his John City Football Club. James' club was based in Manchester and Smith's is based in

London. These two freinds has a bet to see who would win the English Premier Division and Champions

League first.

They both built a 10,000 seater stadium with an expansion to make them 100,000 seaters, JUFC have

20 Youth Facilities and 10 training Facilities while JCFC have 20 training facilities and 10 Youth Facilities

There will be 19 players that can sign-up for each team and 1 manager for each.

JUFC players will have 200 attribute points to put into any attributes they wish and a -10 PA

JCFC players will have 220 attribute points to put into any attributes they wish and a -9 PA

INJURY PRONESS ISN'T ALLOWED!

The Managers get 250 to spend on any attribute and a CA and PA of 175

1 sign-up per person is good otherwise, it would be too much work unless, you are unemployed etc.

Some people have 4 signups etc going at the moment that they have just started.

Ah, just noticed that Dafuge has closed some :D

Well done daf

Does anyone else think that the CSE forum is getting too clogged up. A few people running too many sign-ups at once, and they are pretty much the same idea, just different names...!

And some of the vocabulary that they use is shocking.

Rant over.

Had a look around the forum and didnt see this challenge being suggested so here it goes,

Be the first manager in god knows how long, to win the English premiership, fa cup and league cup using only English players!

Picking a team in the top four or Man City is obviously going to be easier so pick a mid table team or even a championship team if you fancy a real challenge.

When you complete this, quit your post immediatley and jump ship to another country and do the same.

I've had a pretty epic idea guys. It will obviously take an enormous amount of work, as much by me as the rest of the CSE community but here it is anyway:

The idea would be to start a thread offering any CSE challenge participant to upload their save game of their most successful team (ie. teams that have completed challenges, like dafuge's challenge etc).

From these saved files (limited to say 20 teams) I would then go into the editor and create my own database - mimicking every player, staff, club info, stats, everything from their team and copy it over to the new database. By the end of what I imagine would be a hell of a lot of editing, I'd have one almighty database containing 20 of the most successful CSE teams. I would then put them into one division on the game (like the Dutch as an eg).

Then I would simulate the seasons to see how these teams fared against each other. I'm unsure what the best thing would be to do for managers - perhaps give each user an opportunity to create their own manager for their side? The other idea I have is depending on time and availability of users I would run it as a sign up whereby each game week, the users in the CSE community would PM me with their tactics, selection and substitution plans etc. I'd then run the game and report the results for a whole season.

What does everyone think? Do you even think its possible??

Would be sick to include my FM08 Rizhiquan save, although I think Liu Lijia and Zhu Jinhui would have no chance...but there is hope with my Real Oviedo team. :D

And for the managers, I think you can use fmrte to see their stats...

Although I would not want a manager signup, most of us are busy with exam time not too far away. :p

iacovone - that's a pretty ambitious idea. Would be interesting alright. Just a shame the game doesn't itself allow you to do it - one for future versions maybe.

Would be interesting to pitch the final Wallace and Roberts teams from the 2008 thread against each other - both European Cup winners and both pretty awesome sides.

[quote=bermybhoy;2875684

Would be interesting to pitch the final Wallace and Roberts teams from the 2008 thread against each other - both European Cup winners and both pretty awesome sides.

I still have the save files for the Monkeys, so it would be possible if anybody was to attempt to do it.

That idea sound immense, although it would involve a huge amount of work.

Bit of a shame I don't have my FM06 save with Danny Roberts in his prime, I'm still convinced he was the greatest player I've ever seen in CM/FM. The fact he was more successful under the AI (with England) than with me suggests he could have scored even more goals had my tactics been better.

I have this idea that I create two teams and place them in BSN. People will sign up as players for the team and they will all be 17. But I am going to call the teams Football Manager FC and Football Manager Live FC and it is a race to the EPL. I would give them equal budget, stadium capacity etc so it would be fair. What do you think?

I have this idea that I create two teams and place them in BSN. People will sign up as players for the team and they will all be 17. But I am going to call the teams Football Manager FC and Football Manager Live FC and it is a race to the EPL. I would give them equal budget, stadium capacity etc so it would be fair. What do you think?

would depend entirely on whether or not you'd have the commitment to continue the idea through. Of course it's very easy for you to reply to this and say 'yeah I definitely would' but you have to actually think about whether or not you would, because that kind of sign up would be a big commitment as it would take 15/20 seasons for the team to get to the EPL imo

Don't you already have an active sign up thread?

I would put the attributes high and ambition low so players would stay at club longer. Can't I do this sign up as well as my other one?

I think you should stick to just one for now, especially since I've closed numerous threads started by yourself.

Guest roberto922

And you can, after you finish/stop your other sign up, go for quality rather than quantity, it's hard to manage two sign-ups unless you give up alot of time

My Latest Idea :

I'm going to create a new team. "Real London CSE"

The team will have a stadium thats quite small, also somehow linked to the forums and forumites.

Staff for the club will be forumites names, and the team will be put in the BSS / BSN with 20 players that are all names of Forumites that frequent CSE.

Then, Put the game up for download, start a new thread, and people can track the progress in the same manner of Dafuges / Gundo's Challenge, trying to get Real London CSE to the Prem.

Whaddayathink?